As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BADA BOOM! REALEST WRESTLING THREAD IN THE ROOM!

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Shit, they're going to have Big Show beat Rusev, aren't they?

I don't see that happening? Rusev might not be able to beat him with the clutch though.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    This is so fucking stupid!

He's a criminal! He attacked a wrestler. I'm supposed to feel sorry for him?

They realize how stupid this is right?!

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Cade wrote: »
    Shit, they're going to have Big Show beat Rusev, aren't they?

No that's still for Cena.

You know, the true real American.

The original Marine

• Options

The way they did it the guy was in the wrong but "attacked" Rusev isn't entirely accurate.

Besides, this angle isn't for us bleeding heart libs. WWE has to cater to the Bible Belt and conservatives.

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular

He's an American soldier.

They are without fault or guilt in anything!

Praise them, worship them!

Yes it's more Americana circle jerking by the WWE, that's nothing new.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Big Show being in a room with a normal sized ceiling really shows off how massive he is.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Ha, Dean Ambrose touts his "contract on a pole" winning streak.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    I like to beat up scumbags. And I've been known to wear a cape.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Finally mentioned the Ledger Joker comparison.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    They addressed the similarities between Ambrose and Heath Ledger's Joker! WE DID IT INTERNET!

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Now Dean is pretty much modern Roddy Piper. I'd love to see him get his own interview show.

• Options
    WWE is learning from the mistakes of several major sports institutions by updating their domestic abuse and sexual assault policy before they have any incidents pop up in the current climate. The company has updated their Wellness Policy to include a zero tolerance on domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault.

The policy reads, “WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault. Upon arrest for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately suspended. Upon conviction for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately terminated.

WWE’s ability to fine, suspend or terminate a WWE talent will not be, however, limited or compromised in any manner in the event incontrovertible evidence of such illegal misconduct is presented to WWE. Section 9.13(a) of the WWE booking contract, commonly known as the “morals clause”, provides WWE with broad discretion and authority to act under such circumstances.”

It’s unclear how long this policy has been in place, although I can confirm that it definitely was not a part of the Wellness Policy as recently as March. Stephanie McMahon made reference to the policy in an interview that was published on Yahoo! earlier this evening. As the policy states, they have always had the ability to fire talent through the morals clause, but until this policy was instituted specific and identifiable guidelines on domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault were not set down.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Now Dean is pretty much modern Roddy Piper. I'd love to see him get his own interview show.

Ambrose's Alley finally becomes a reality!

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    WWE is learning from the mistakes of several major sports institutions by updating their domestic abuse and sexual assault policy before they have any incidents pop up in the current climate. The company has updated their Wellness Policy to include a zero tolerance on domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault.

The policy reads, “WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault. Upon arrest for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately suspended. Upon conviction for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately terminated.

WWE’s ability to fine, suspend or terminate a WWE talent will not be, however, limited or compromised in any manner in the event incontrovertible evidence of such illegal misconduct is presented to WWE. Section 9.13(a) of the WWE booking contract, commonly known as the “morals clause”, provides WWE with broad discretion and authority to act under such circumstances.”

It’s unclear how long this policy has been in place, although I can confirm that it definitely was not a part of the Wellness Policy as recently as March. Stephanie McMahon made reference to the policy in an interview that was published on Yahoo! earlier this evening. As the policy states, they have always had the ability to fire talent through the morals clause, but until this policy was instituted specific and identifiable guidelines on domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault were not set down.

Considering the many past stories from WWE this is sorta funny in some aspects with all the shit, in some cases literally they got away with.

Pretty much one of the worse still standing "carny" aspect that has not yet ended.

• Options
    You still wake up sometimes, don't you? You wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the Bellas.

Yes.

And you think if you save poor Daniel Bryan, you could make them stop, don't you? You think if Bryan lives, you won't wake up in the dark ever again to that awful screaming of the Bellas.

I don't know. I don't know.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Still hope Brie vs Nikki turns out good.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Joke's on the Authority--those bags Ambrose is carrying are CZW alumni totebags.

There's a toaster, three broken bottles, and 50 light tubes in each.

• Options
    Still hope Brie vs Nikki turns out good.

I think it'll be a perfectly fine, if short, match.

• Options
    I'll laugh if Dean has some stuff to defend against a supernatural Kane due to the movie.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Joke's on the Authority--those bags Ambrose is carrying are CZW alumni totebags.

There's a toaster, three broken bottles, and 50 light tubes in each.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Dean Punbrose

• Options
    Okay this is the first Ambrose promo I disliked.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Prop comedy is not Ambrose's strong suit.

Or anybody's.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    haha

lumping Louis CK with Gallagher and Carrot Top

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Our power went out for a minute and when it came back Ambrose was throwing fake body parts at Rollins?

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    So I turned on Raw and Dean Ambrose had a saw and was threatening to cut off a doll of Seth Rollins' testicles.

Um...

I didn't expect that.

• Options
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT

• Options
    SAVE_US.MICK

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    hahahaha Mick Foley's terrible beard dye-job because he had to bleach his beard to play Santa.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Foley still cuts one hell of a promo.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    MrDapper wrote: »
    Foley still cuts one hell of a promo.

All three tonight are MONEY. Weird start aside.

• Options
    Foley is right. Nietzsche would never take that bump.

• Options
    We've been all wrong. Ambrose isn't the next Stone Cold, he's the next Mick Foley.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    That was a HELL of a segment that perfectly sold HiaC. Great job to all involved.

• Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    That actually turned out to be a really awesome segment. Not sure why they didn't just chop out the dumb prop-comedy at the beginning.

Anyway, it's actually refreshing when feuds focusing on two guys who want to win a match, with each stating..........why he will win the match. Like, it sounds simple as hell, but it's actually pretty rare these days.

• Options
    That actually turned out to be a really awesome segment. Not sure why they didn't just chop out the dumb prop-comedy at the beginning.

Anyway, it's actually refreshing when feuds focusing on two guys who want to win a match, with each stating..........why he will win the match. Like, it sounds simple as hell, but it's actually pretty rare these days.

The prop stuff wasn't all bad but I'm glad it didn't meander too long.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I know I want to see Rollins vs. Ambrose so bad. Which I can't really say for any other PPV match since the last Ambrose/Rollins match.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    So the past gen versions of WWE 2k15 come out next week? They have to be pretty subpar considering they haven't shown anything from them, right?

• Options
    noir_blood wrote: »
    So the past gen versions of WWE 2k15 come out next week? They have to be pretty subpar considering they haven't shown anything from them, right?

It is basically 2k14 with an updated roster. All of the features that people are excited for are next-gen only.

Comics, Games, Booze
This discussion has been closed.