As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    As my first decree as mayor

/replace air fire

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    YOU CAN NOT TAKE MY THING

THAT IS MY THING

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    Fine

/replace air speed 5 zombies

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    pfffft

You want badass?

/replace grass slimeblock

• Options
    KitharsisKitharsis Registered User regular
    Make all rabbits of the killer rabbit variety.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    /replace torch air
    /replace jack o'lantern pumpkin

• Options
    Hm

Being mayor on the Underdark map might be fun.....

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Alright mayor time do we build walls or lights for the inevitable invasion at the end of the night

Edit: We may end up doing a few test nights to see what works best at the rate.

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I'd totally be down for the mayor map. Although what would I even do if I became mayor? That might be... too much power! AHAHAHAHAHAA!

*Ahem* Guess we'll have to find out.

• Options
    Wait so is this a thing that's happening really soon? Is it scheduled?

• Options
    Dunno, is it scheduled Bluedude?

• Options
    Pfft I dunno I only just started looking into it and don't even know if my computer can handle more than three people

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    I'm not always around during evening prime time, but count me in if I happen to be online.

Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
  • Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    FLviT89.png

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    is that in vanilla?

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    No, it uses chisel and carpenter's blocks.

• Options
    PvtCaboosePvtCaboose Halifax NS, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Hello Everybody,

It's been a long time since I checked the forum and just about as long since I logged in to the server. Last time was during the beginning of the FTB server. How's the building going and how far behind would I be if I logged in now? :)

PvtCaboose on
  • Options
    I might throw up a server tonight to see how my computer handles the load

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    My most memorable part is when everyone ganged up on the Air nation after they tricked Fire nation to attacking anyone. Including theit ally.
    PvtCaboose wrote: »
    Hello Everybody,

It's been a long time since I checked the forum and just about as long since I logged in to the server. Last time was during the beginning of the FTB server. How's the building going and how far behind would I be if I logged in now? :)

I only just started making my Megabuild a couple weeks ago. It isn't too late to make something huge.

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    MetaHybrid wrote: »
    My most memorable part is when everyone ganged up on the Air nation after they tricked Fire nation to attacking anyone. Including theit ally.
    Hello Everybody,

I only just started making my Megabuild a couple weeks ago. It isn't too late to make something huge.

I think I saw a picture of that, it is one massive wall you got going there. Yeah I also need to decide what kind of build I would want to do this time.

• Options

Lets see if this works

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Announcement: we're starting a limited PVP enabled server akin to the Ispawnbul map within the next two weeks. This server will run parallel with Victor's Bounty and will include some familiar mechanics for those who used to play in the old days:
    • Limited PVP: Through vanilla's scoreboard teams and command blocks we will have "PVP Zones" or battlefield areas that, when entered, flag you as PVP enabled. Outside of those areas you are safe! But inside, anyone's game! (PVP will be weapons and potions only, no block griefing!)
    • Return of Server Events: From races to pilgrimages to server "unlocks" like map renders, the End, and more!
    • Return of Invasions: Thunder! Lightning! A Blood Moon rises and the hordes of the undead approach! Join your allies in defending your builds against the forces of evil!
    • Item Shops: Custom villagers at spawn will allow the trading of certain rare materials (such as hardened clay-> clay blocks and sandstone-> red sandstone).
    The server is operating on an alternative revenue stream (no donations required) and will comfortably hold 25 active players online at a time. We're searching for seeds now, and hope to have the server live starting a week from Saturday (Intended Opening: February 7th).

We're working from a new whitelist, so if interested please PM me with your name and we'll start the process of getting you set up!

Enc on
  • Options
    KitharsisKitharsis Registered User regular
    Will... will you still be on Victor's Bounty?

What about the 20 dogs I have waiting in their kennel? Who will feed them while I'm gone. THINK OF THE PUPPIES!!!

The new server needs a name. I submit: Edge56's Awesome Fun Time Cool Guy Server.

You're welcome.

• Options
    toloveistorebel toloveistorebel Impressive. Most impressive. Central FLRegistered User regular
    Hopefully I can get on before this new/side map goes live but I'm definitely getting on when it drops. That is my birthday weekend though so we'll see if I can get on then or not. Sounds awesome!

I've been watching some UHC stuff on YouTube (actually the HyperMine stuff that @Junpei (Tic) is a part of) and really wanting to do some PVP. Maybe at some point we could do a separate UHC style event or something and pick teams and such.

I'm super excited for the return of invasions as well. Man I've missed that like crazy. I've missed you guys like crazy. I've been busy and Destiny has been taking up what little gaming time I have...

• Options
    We're going with SE++(SOMETHING), what that something is I'm open for suggestion!

Seed has been found. We started setting up the server an hour or so ago for world border. Current stats:

Server Information
    Server Address: [REDACTED - for now!]
    Server Stats: 2GB RAM, 25 player cap.
    Server Type: Vanilla 1.8.1
    World Border: 10000 by 10000 at time of origin.
    Fire: No Spread.
    Difficulty: Hard
    Playmode: Survival (occasionally this will change to Adventure based upon server events).
    PvP: Enabled (See PVP rules for details! This is not a free-for-all server).
    Biomes: Default

While Biomes are set to default, the seed is pretty awesome on transitions and has every biome within it's borders (including sizable Podzel, Ice Spries, and even a decent size Bryce Mesa)

Spawn will work similarly to legion landing. A core set of three buildings will be up by launch, along with a little bit of road infrastructure and landscaping. Spawn is a mountain island near 0,0 that has a nice plateau effect and will be Scottish Highland/ Highland Games themed (with a pvp enabled jousting tournement).

• Options
    Hopefully I can get on before this new/side map goes live but I'm definitely getting on when it drops. That is my birthday weekend though so we'll see if I can get on then or not. Sounds awesome!

I've been watching some UHC stuff on YouTube (actually the HyperMine stuff that @Junpei (Tic) is a part of) and really wanting to do some PVP. Maybe at some point we could do a separate UHC style event or something and pick teams and such.

I'm super excited for the return of invasions as well. Man I've missed that like crazy. I've missed you guys like crazy. I've been busy and Destiny has been taking up what little gaming time I have...

I am in the same boat, I've missed the invasions. The last map I played on which I can't remember the name but Enc was working on a Rose covered peninsula. It was running at the same time the FTB server started. The invasions didn't happen which didn't help the isolation feeling I had. I really like those times when everyone came together and fought an unknown number of enemies.

As for Destiny I am the same way, my gaming time has been consumed by it. Not because I like it, but because my friends play it and they need my help with the weekly stuff. Plus I like talking to them so it helps playing the same game when in party chat.

• Options
    toloveistorebel toloveistorebel Impressive. Most impressive. Central FLRegistered User regular

I am in the same boat, I've missed the invasions. The last map I played on which I can't remember the name but Enc was working on a Rose covered peninsula. It was running at the same time the FTB server started. The invasions didn't happen which didn't help the isolation feeling I had. I really like those times when everyone came together and fought an unknown number of enemies.

As for Destiny I am the same way, my gaming time has been consumed by it. Not because I like it, but because my friends play it and they need my help with the weekly stuff. Plus I like talking to them so it helps playing the same game when in party chat.

Yep exactly the same here. Except that I do really like Destiny. But regardless I really miss the days on the Ispawnbul map and Haven when all the invasions were happening. Lol and drunk town. Even though I'm terrible at building random stuff it was still fun.

• Options
    I guess I won't do mayorville afterall

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    What changed your mind?

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    A now most likely split player base

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

Yep exactly the same here. Except that I do really like Destiny. But regardless I really miss the days on the Ispawnbul map and Haven when all the invasions were happening. Lol and drunk town. Even though I'm terrible at building random stuff it was still fun.

I wasn't being fair, there are things I like about Destiny based on the amount of time put in to it. It has some great community aspects and solid shooting mechanics, oh and it is pretty. My issue stems from the fact that since it lacks a lot of content or story, they only real things you can experience is the different weapons. Sadly that content is controlled by RNG and in my case I'm just not that lucky. I have friends that aren't very good and man do they have a Destiny horseshoe when it comes to drops. However that is off topic, back to Minecraft :)

The different factions, the different builds. Everything connected by a nether map and rivers or tunnels. It just felt massive, yet people felt close. You were never far from a battle with the forces of evil due to how connected that world was.

• Options
    A now most likely split player base

You could always see if there is still people interested. I'm sure there are still many that don't care about invasions or singular building. They would rather a group build with a leader guiding the way. Don't get discouraged man, there are plenty of people.

• Options
    I'm still in if mayorville is still on.

Just poking around right now to see if there's a pack that already has the right mods.

• Options
    That and I'm pretty sure my computer can't handle many people but I really want mod powers and hang gliders yeah

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    notafish9notafish9 The answer is usually don`t think about it Registered User regular
    Is the server being restarted?

• Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Getting some internal exception errors when trying to connect to the server. The same error that Vrtra got earlier I think.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    Server appears to be down for me (can't connect at all).

Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Anyone have opinions on good mods (1.7.10 Forge compatible) that add more variety to the mobs of Minecraft? Both dangerous and benign.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    SinisterSlimeSinisterSlime Registered User regular
    Still unable to connect. :(

• Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    Server appears to be down. I have, unfortunately, forgotten the connection details so I can't log in and restart it.
    I have, however, lit the Introp-signal (TM), so hopefully this will be resolved soon.