As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• Options
    PvtCaboosePvtCaboose Halifax NS, CanadaRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    It would be cool when a new map launches, that the old spawn would be carried over to somewhere on the map, but decrepit and destroyed, not a torch to be see and full of monsters.

That makes me think of the time when jungle biomes were added to the game and on the map we had a boat in Ispawnbul I believe. It had a teleport to the biome past the previous world generated border since originally there wasn't a jungle. Once we arrived a bunch of us built a replica of the original boat but destroyed on the shore. Made it seem like you slept on the boat and crashed in to the jungle.

• Options
    GlitterkittenGlitterkitten Minion of the Feline Overlords Registered User regular
    Are we trying healing potions on the wither before we try to kill it?

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Sure, why not?

• Options
    Reminder: less than one hour to the Wither killing!

Also, I found another one of those structures.

Structure_zpsn2xg8wuu.png

It is on the north continent, -268, -1921, SW of Brackinwood Village (MechinnSP's build) and NW of a little summer cottage build. There was a chest with a book called GORGON.

Gorgon_zpso0bovn8p.png

I've added the book to the lore chest.

• Options
    ruddehruddeh "Speak softly and carry a big bone." Registered User regular
    Oh hey, I can be of help here (I think).

After she was killed by Perseus, Medusa's head dripped blood that turned into double ended snakes called Amphisbaena.

oie_16203338tCzUZPXv.gif
  • Options
    PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    Sweet! Another one! :D Do you think there's anymore? O:

• Options
    ruddeh wrote: »
    Oh hey, I can be of help here (I think).

After she was killed by Perseus, Medusa's head dripped blood that turned into double ended snakes called Amphisbaena.

That is why Greek Mythology is awesome, just so much fun to read about and learn.

• Options
    Thanks everybody who came to the first wither slaying. Beacons are now set up in Spawnissima, Village Parmigiana, and probably Briarthorn but I haven't gone out there yet. If anyone else has wither heads and wants some help with killing it, just post in the thread.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
  • Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    Our server host is doing some hardware upgrades. The server will be down for a bit on Thursday morning EDT:
    Date: Thursday, June 2nd, 2016
    Start Time: 12:00AM EDT
    End Time: 4:00AM EDT

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Mayabird wrote: »
    Thanks everybody who came to the first wither slaying. Beacons are now set up in Spawnissima, Village Parmigiana, and probably Briarthorn but I haven't gone out there yet. If anyone else has wither heads and wants some help with killing it, just post in the thread.

I'm definitely down to help anyone who needs it. Just give a shout and Briarthorn will answer.

Also I'm currently sitting on more smooth stone than I can store (approaching 16-17 doublechests). If anyone needs some let me know.

Enc on
  • Options
    With that much stone elytra gliding towers could be constructed to the build limit.

• Options
    Enc wrote: »

I'm definitely down to help anyone who needs it. Just give a shout and Briarthorn will answer.

Also I'm currently sitting on more smooth stone than I can store (approaching 16-17 doublechests). If anyone needs some let me know.

Hmmm, depending on the amount of stone I end up with when I finished destroying the island I may take you up on that offer. I need a lot of stone, so much so that I am going to be tired of seeing it I think.

• Options
    Speaking of elytra towers: now open for your jumping and gliding pleasure, Palazzo di Girasoli (aka the Sunflower Tower) in Spawnissima.

Distant%20tower_zpsiuyspks5.png

Located on the southern part of the capital islands near the giant clock of @Noisymunk, the tower is built to the height limit for maximum soaring potential. It is accessible via a long, walk across the flower bridge and flower biome and then up a mostly unlit hill and stairs, or by taking the sunflower balloon by the main blue line spawndola.

Off%20the%20boat_zpsimsljpni.png

Windrider's Monthly* rates the Sunflower Tower as the second best elytra opportunity in Spawnissima, second only to the dragon's egg shrine past the tower of @Gennenalyse Rueben.

Come up and enjoy the view, and leap off this tower!

Come%20fly_zpsqbwtrlrs.png

*may not be a real periodical

• Options
    DefsterDefster Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a backup of the older map files? I just got a older version of minecraft running on my Vive and want to walk around some of the old builds in VR. The map I really want is Haven, but I would take anything from Newlurf to Victor's Bounty.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    someone posted some of the old maps a few pages back. not sure who it was though.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Defster wrote: »
    Does anyone have a backup of the older map files? I just got a older version of minecraft running on my Vive and want to walk around some of the old builds in VR. The map I really want is Haven, but I would take anything from Newlurf to Victor's Bounty.

Looking back I can't believe I've been playing since Midlurf. I think my favorite had to be Haven. Everything felt spread out and still connected via the nether map. It would be neat to walk through again, especially with VR. Oh Legend of Zelda map, you were fun but a lot of work.

• Options
    Found another one of those cultish sculptures. I notice the inner symbol in obsidian is different on each one. Maybe it means something?

Newest_zps8mrgsfij.png

It's located at -1820, -1405 which is east across a bay from Lingbakr and northwest of Krigerheim. Nearby is a tulip-filled field.

In the chest was a book titled "BAHRUN."

BAHRUN_zps3qshltsw.png

The book has been placed in the lore chest with the others.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular

Enc, how. How do you get so much done. HOW

If no one else needs it i am probably going to take advantage of this, because i have amount to build underneath Skyhold.

And even looking at my incomplete outline, im going to need a lot of material.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    Defster wrote: »
    webguy20 wrote: »
    someone posted some of the old maps a few pages back. not sure who it was though.
    Aeyther wrote: »
    For anyone interested, I have a couple of the old SE maps to share:

newlurf (Ispawnbul): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub5ra1xjgil7899/newlurf.7z?dl=0

Also an older map, I think it was the second SE map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/njpk8xan4zhna8c/2ndworldmap.7z?dl=0

I know there was a post a while back asking about the older maps, if anyone has the other maps, I would love to get a copy!

• Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    For all you crazy terraformers on the server, we made a wither skeleton spawning platform near the Blaze Grinder in the Nether. It's the best place to get Wither Skulls to be used at the newly built Arena.

I recently half slabbed a good portion of the surrounding area to prevent Pigmen from spawning. Hopefully it will increase the rate of the skeletons you need.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Wish I knew about that before I went and found the Wither skulls 3 hours ago. Oh well, didn't take me that long, anyway. Who's going to be on tonight? Anyone wanna kill a Wither.

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    I've been meaning to do this for years and am finally getting around to finding and compiling all the SE++ maps that I have archived in god knows where. Until I actually get everything together here is a taste of the old days with a video of how the first SE++ map was sent off!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CJxiBh8kmc

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I remember @rfilyaw 's pagoda, don't think I was there for the burning though

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Yea I remember him digging out that damn hole to put it in too. I think that took him longer than actually building the Pagoda itself.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Some impressive sky towers are being planned/built across the server. Maya has started the future: air travel.

• Options
    Some impressive sky towers are being planned/built across the server. Maya has started the future: air travel.

I will need to look in to getting one of them there fan-dangled flying things.

• Options
    Soon: Dogfights among the Spawnissma islands.

I call this film, Bloco Rosso.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Remember, a good design feature of a sky tower is a pool of water, right under the takeoff point. Just for those who forget to equip their Elytra, or forget how to activate it!

• Options
    it should be a shallow empty hole with a sign saying "pool of karma"

• Options
    Bath of Icharus

• Options
    So speaking of gliding towers, I was looking at possible places to build more, spacing them about a kilometer-ish apart so people can fly from one to the next easily.

One I was thinking of placing north of the one I just built (east of Mooshroom Island and the wither arena). That would place it on the southern edge of the mountains northeast of Peachy Farms though and that's a former battleground. Would that be alright (especially for the Peachy people?) Placing one west of Sunflower Tower would put it probably sticking out of a lake in the jungle but there are a couple builds near that. Haven't checked that area out yet but if you're building there please let me know if it's alright (if in the jungle it shouldn't be viewable from Village Parmigiana).

• Options
    edited June 2016
    In the spoiler below are my map archives, going from map #2 to Haven.
    Map #2, October 2010-January 2011 (~68MB): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ncyn5s7476x1of0/OCT10-JAN11(Second Map).zip?dl=0

Map #3, January 2011-May 2011 (~597MB): https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwzufmwhevsxw86/JAN11-MAY11(Third Map).zip?dl=0

Midlurf, May 2011-September 2011 (~2.51GB): https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfh18gd3dk90jry/MAY11-SEPT11(Midlurf).zip?dl=0

Skylands (58MB): https://www.dropbox.com/s/xktltyosldbhg1w/MAY11-SEPT11(Skylands).zip?dl=0

Newlurf, September 2011-September 2012 (~4GB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2leDrpzayNtZTRnUkgtU1djb0E/view?usp=sharing (My dropbox ran out of space and omg 4GB compressed is so big)

Haven, September 2012-??? (~1.17GB): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibcxie9fcrk9vlj/SEPT12-XXX(Haven).zip?dl=0

I also have a copy of the Underdark. Even though it wasn't an SE++ map, it's still incredible to see. An entire world in a vast cave system, it ran around the same time as our map #2 was running.

Underdark (~44MB): https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vlbnows9tgdvfa/underdark.zip?dl=0

I was going to write a little about each map but I wanted to get this up sooner rather than later. I don't remember if I've said this before, but it's worth repeating again. This community offered me happiness in an otherwise joyless period of my life, a bright spot among a black void, and I can not thank you all enough for it.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    Jungle lake area: the cool jungle treehouse is by Angel of Music. Anyone know who s/he is on the forums?

Also, anyone interested in having a tower by your build?

• Options
    Oh man, if under dark was running during Map#2, does that mean that warp point in map 2 that lead to what i remember being mentioned as underdark was that map?

I was so new to minecraft and when people would mention it i would get terrified to even atempt to check it out.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Oh man, if under dark was running during Map#2, does that mean that warp point in map 2 that lead to what i remember being mentioned as underdark was that map?

I was so new to minecraft and when people would mention it i would get terrified to even atempt to check it out.

If I remember correctly, the Underdark was on a separate server not affiliated with the SE++ server so I doubt it

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    ultimakay wrote: »
    In the spoiler below are my map archives, going from map #2 to Haven.
    maps

I was going to write a little about each map but I wanted to get this up sooner rather than later. I don't remember if I've said this before, but it's worth repeating again. This community offered me happiness in an otherwise joyless period of my life, a bright spot among a black void, and I can not thank you all enough for it.

I'm sad I can only awesome this once, thanks ultimak!

• Options
    Midlurf was the first map i joined on, but a little sad that this saved version of the map was before i joined so i ran to my area but there was nothing to see :(

• Options
    Can someone tell me how i can ... load the worlds so i can (hopefully) fly around and get a good nostalgic view of everything?

• Options
    eldercore wrote: »
    Midlurf was the first map i joined on, but a little sad that this saved version of the map was before i joined so i ran to my area but there was nothing to see :(

I was concerned about that. For a couple of years I thought I had lost the map, and now my suspicion is that the final version of the map is lost. These are the names of the 6 versions of the world I have (the original world file was world2 because I'm the best at naming things)

world2(clean)
    world2 (may4)
    world2 (june6)
    world2june15
    world21destroyedforsure
    world2

I was hoping the normal world2 file was the final one, the dated ones are manual backups I did when the server was running. Unfortunately the creation dates for the folders are all the same day so I can't use that to know what the latest version I have is. Also I have no idea what world21destroyedforsure is or what it's referring to, but I should probably check it out cause with that name it's got to be good.

hLeTR.png