As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• Options
    GlitterkittenGlitterkitten Minion of the Feline Overlords Registered User regular
    Admins:
    I am currently getting a server message "OpenGL Error: 1285 (Out of Memory)" but it isn't kicking me off, so I proceed.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Alright folks, there's still land to explore. I really want to see what lies in the fog of unrendered, especially the southeast corner past Briarthorn. I can hold off a few more days if people want to log in and explore, but if no one else does I'm going for it.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Go for it. I think I might pop in tonight just to see whats new and shiny in the server.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    I'll hop on today :)

• Options
    Apparently I haven't logged into minecraft for so long it's forgotten my saved servers. Can someone send me the IP?

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    tiger.pennycraft.org

• Options
    hrmmmm. Doesn't seem to find the server. This is always fun after an update.

• Options
    should be 104.219.4.55, maybe try flushing your dns cache

• Options
    Server is 1.10.2 correct?

The flushing DNS didn't work. I've checked my firewall settings too. Guess I'll check my router but nothings changed there.

• Options
    yup 1.10.2 is correct

• Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    Can you browse dynmap? http://tiger.pennycraft.org:25584/

If so, you can reach the server fine and somehow it's just MC being cranky. If not, the pipes are clogged. :(

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    hmmm the dynamap worked just fine. Time to fiddle some more after finishing the Farming simulator quicklook

• Options
    Reasons to come settle in the newly opened borderlands, in no particular order:

Sunflowers! There are many sunflower biomes scattered all over.
    Dogs! There are packs of wolves available for taming all over the new woods.
    Wild flower forests! I've found two - one is around -3730, -680 (easily accessible, just to the north of the road built by @Glitterkitten) and one far in the northeast that isn't as accessible right now.
    Firefalls! Build your wooden house to observe scenic lava flows down mountainsides!
    Many new villages! Many of them (in the piney forests) are made with spruce. Adopt/claim/lord over villagers today!

• Options
    Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    I need to play this again. I got sidetracked by about seven different games and some life-related things. That seabase is even LESS completed than my last one, and that just can't stand.

• Options
    @Glitterkitten and I discovered the Plain of Horses. At the western end of the road past the ruins of Kriegerheim and Lingbakr is a grassy plain full of variously colored horses and a few donkeys, just prancing and snorting about. If you wanted to tame your own herd of horses, that's the place to check out.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    It sure is nice to have an updated 1.10 map. So I'm sure now's a good time to mention that 1.11 launched today.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    What if

we played the pokemon mod instead

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    We could load up the working redstone Pokemon Red in minecraft map, but I don't think it would work terribly well on the server

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Hey, so, uh

Do we still do this thing?

Cuz I own a computer again and was hopin' to maybe craft some mines once and again here in the twenty-one-seven.

Do I gotta throw moneys at someone to pay for server? Or is it just kinda dead now and no amount of voltage is gonna shock this horsey back to zombie-unlife?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I haven't been on in months, but I hadn't heard the server was down. You tried connecting to tiger.pennycraft.org?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The server is still up. I just logged in and everything is ticking along.

tiger.pennycraft.org, running v1.10.2 -- don't trust the server browser if it shows a red "X" by the name, just clicky the server and connect anyway and it'll connect.

• Options
    Right on. I know this is probably documented online somewhere, but have the shenanigans for hopping back to older versions changed at all? A link would be helpful, if so.

I will also make a donation when I get home today.

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Right on. I know this is probably documented online somewhere, but have the shenanigans for hopping back to older versions changed at all? A link would be helpful, if so.

I will also make a donation when I get home today.

When you run the launcher, click "new Profile" or "edit profile" and select the version from the "use version" drop down menu.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Ahaha! Many thanks, maybe I can get in there this weekend!

• Options
    Short version: January will be the last month that the current Team Admin will be hosting a Minecraft server. If anyone else wants to host the unofficial official SE++ Minecraft server, we'll help you get started.

Long version: After four years of running the box, making things go beep beep, and having a blast with y'all, we're shutting down the SE++ Minecraft server at the end of January. There's almost no regular traffic on the server any more and we're just ready to move on. The hosting is paid for through January so nothing is changing for a while, but we wanted to give everyone ample warning. Since this is the unofficial official SE++ server, anyone is welcome to take up the mantle and start up a server in our stead. There's currently -$4 in my paypal account for this server, so any new host will have to take up the financial part on their own (note: this is not why the server is shutting down -- server donations have always been generous).

When we shut the server down, we'll archive the map and make it available to download for those who want save their builds, etc.

• Options
    Thanks very much for all you've done introp, I had some really great times on the server!

• Options
    Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    I just want to say that I have played a lot of games, and been part of many online communities, but for me nothing has ever been consistently fun and friendly like the SE++ Minecraft server. I can't give enough kudos to all the admins that made that possible for so long.

Life-wise my time for games is pretty sparse, I'm well and truly now in the "mid-30s married man with 2 teenagers" camp, with all the real life fun and hard work that goes with it. I'm probably done with minecraft for good. However, the building, fighting and chit-chat with so many of you was really amazing. I've tried to add people as friends on Steam where I can find them, maybe some day another game will come along that I'll get to play with you guys :).

Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Yes, thank you @introp and @nuka and everyone else that helped run this server for so long. I haven't played Minecraft much for a long while but I made some amazing friends when I did play. This server and everyone on it mean a lot to me. <3

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Yea, I think Minecraft probably tops my list of games with the most hours sunk into them, and I can safely say that 99.5% of that time was spent on the SE++ server. Thanks everyone for making it one of the best online experiences I've ever had.

• Options
    Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    This is sad. I am sad. I've had a ton of good times on this server.

But if it has to end, this map is a pretty good one to end on. Lots of cool stuff, an amazing spawn that so many people worked hard on, some really fun invasions, among other things!

I'm sorry I didn't really play all that much here towards the end. Carpal tunnel syndrome's developed in my left hand, makes playing a lot of games problematic. Especially Minecraft, with my giant builds that never get finished.

• Options
    All good things must come to an end.

But it was a damn fine run while it lasted. Thank you for the great times, magnificent builds, and ridiculous invasions.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I've spent a lot of time playing Minecraft, it's probably my most-played game ever. And I'm sure I must have spent most of that time on this server. Thank you all for making that time worthwhile.

Um, I guess I have to ask, then, anybody know of another server I can join and fill this massive gap with?

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    I know the G&T thread has done modded minecraft servers in the past (I've hosted a few). Might be able to combine the two communities a bit, if you guys have interest in running modded?

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    To reiterate what Introp said, if anyone wants to take up the Admin mantle, the retiring Admin are more than happy to help/advise.

• Options
    GlitterkittenGlitterkitten Minion of the Feline Overlords Registered User regular
    I am still holding out hope someone will take on the admin mantle. Could happen, right?

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    So....Saturday, January 28....The Last Drunktown?

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    What are the responsibilities of administration? It's not just social management, it's also tech issues and stuff, right? And funding is usually not an issue?

• Options
    PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    I'm sure we can figure out how to set up another server eventually. My laptop sucks so I couldn't run a server right now if I wanted to :/ I wouldn't mind being an admin though!

• Options
    If I thought I could juggle being an admin, I'd volunteer, but right now my life is about doing less things so I don't die.

Anyone who wants to take one for the team on this one gets my undying love and support.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    WuShock wrote: »
    So....Saturday, January 28....The Last Drunktown?

Some of us are going to South PAX Wu.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.