As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread from last year....

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    If they did that the DPS queues would get even worse with their 4 member party system. If they add a support I assume you'd have to have the groups as 1/1/1/1 then for dungeons. You can't really replace a tank or a healer with a pure support class, so the person would have to come out of the DPS queue.

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    If they had multiple support jobs, they could do 1 tank, 1heal, 2 dps, 1 support (or 3rd dps). Just adjusting things to 5-man. There were tons of times in Rift where the support slot would just be another dps. I love support classes so I'd be all on board.

• Options
    RieRie Registered User regular
    The most adorable thing from Fan Fest Weekend

I am home, safe and sound.
    Doing some laundry and unpacking. Then I will be on :biggrin:

FF14 - Rie Himawari (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I have said before thst they should put something in the df that only dps can queue for. I am sure they could figure out some quick barn burner where you have what amounts to a Gnasher Squig eating contest for 4.

One-role guildhest-y type content would be pretty cool.

- It's up to you 4 tanks to form the front line of defense in this battle / training exercise!
    - Oh, thank goodness! A wandering light party of healers! A dragon came in and torched everything; we need you to treat all these people before time runs out!
    - I saw you talkin' to my <significant other>. *Throws down a white glove.* Let's take this outside.

That sounds like a good way to make normal queues even more horrendous.

• Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    It's come up a few times in FC chat already, but I don't mind stepping in to tank normals if anyone wants a quick queue when I'm on, or gets a tank abandon. I just hit 50 so am working on getting geared up to do HMs and the such, but normals are fiiine. And for anyone new to the FC, if you see me on, just hit me up to tank something if you want it, it's pretty darn rare that I'll say no.

Tank for life yo.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    If they did that the DPS queues would get even worse with their 4 member party system. If they add a support I assume you'd have to have the groups as 1/1/1/1 then for dungeons. You can't really replace a tank or a healer with a pure support class, so the person would have to come out of the DPS queue.

No I'm saying a 6 man group, not for 4 mans. It's not something Squeenix could do right now, but in an xpac and moving forward. 3 slots for dps, dropping the queue, not to mention you'd be surprised how many people are more than happy to swap to support. You don't have the responsibility of a tank or healer, and the play style is frequently very similar to pure dps: Just your crit buff or whatever applies to the entire group instead of just yourself. I can't remember waiting for a support in Rift, it was still always tanks or healers.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Klatu wrote: »
    It's come up a few times in FC chat already, but I don't mind stepping in to tank normals if anyone wants a quick queue when I'm on, or gets a tank abandon. I just hit 50 so am working on getting geared up to do HMs and the such, but normals are fiiine. And for anyone new to the FC, if you see me on, just hit me up to tank something if you want it, it's pretty darn rare that I'll say no.

Tank for life yo.
    Careful man, with Rogue/Ninja at the gate you may get more than you bargained for there!

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    I like the idea of auto NPC's for roles not fielded by 8 mins, but I don't know how well you could get the behaviours down for an npc tank and healer.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options

Tank for life yo.
    Careful man, with Rogue/Ninja at the gate you may get more than you bargained for there!

Good point. Maybe I'll take the opportunity of Rog/Nin to level CNJ to 34 for stoneskin instead haha.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Rie wrote: »
    The most adorable thing from Fan Fest Weekend

I am home, safe and sound.
    Doing some laundry and unpacking. Then I will be on :biggrin:

You found your people!

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    So this is interesting.....

http://38.media.tumblr.com/8394727a0fecf2cfa463006d6752f336/tumblr_ncnt9qD32F1sfcldao7_1280.jpg

It's the cover of the artbook. And every job is represented.

Including a female in center left holding a rapier of some sort, and a miqo'te male with no visible weapon in the upper left a bit.

Very interesting indeed.....

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    How to normalize vent volume:

Setup
    X use Direct Sound
    click SFX
    Add "compressor" to left side
    click properties
    Gain: 11 <<< this is your "master" volume
    Attack: 10
    Release: 498
    Threshold: -30
    Ratio: 100
    Pre-delay: 4.0

• Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular

http://38.media.tumblr.com/8394727a0fecf2cfa463006d6752f336/tumblr_ncnt9qD32F1sfcldao7_1280.jpg

Including a female in center left holding a rapier of some sort, and a miqo'te male with no visible weapon in the upper left a bit.

I want to say dancer because shakin' dat thang is the only weapon you need.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Weapon is castinettes.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I wonder if they'll go with cloth as the weapon of choice for Dancer like in FFT.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    You mean armor?

• Options
    /follow healer, dance, afk.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    4q9raG.jpg

Those shoes are a bit tricky. Haven't figured them out yet.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I see those two people in the center of that jobs picture, and all I can see is an older Tiz Arrior and Edea Lee.

• Options
    How long does it take for the parade FATE to respawn? I want me some cookies to trade for chocobo armor.

• Options
    A few minutes.

• Options
    Oh, sweet! Doing well in the parade (not charming Thaumaturges) gets you multiple cookies in a run.

• Options
    4q9raG.jpg

Those shoes are a bit tricky. Haven't figured them out yet.

"Will the real Shady Smock please stand up?"

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    If you're having difficulties getting silver/gold for the parade, try this:
    Hit the spectators multiple times especially with the first and second lot because they don't move around. Try to get multiple hits per charm but don't risk it.
    Don't jump the gun. You're far better off taking your time and confirming where the THMs are. There's no bonus for being the first to tag the spectators.
    The third lot can be very good, or very bad. Just play it safe

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    Is there anything to get beyond the barding and earringss?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    No.

Edit: Well, the armor you get from the quest, I guess. Not with cookies though.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    This just in: Pantry Raiders clears Turn 5 before 2.4.

uUCNWDk.jpg

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    Awesome work!!

delphinidaes.png
  • Options

Here's the image, inverted, for those who have trouble seeing the weapons:
    8AFY1ZO.jpg

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular

uUCNWDk.jpg

Are statics the only way to get raids done?

• Options

uUCNWDk.jpg

Are statics the only way to get raids done?

No, but they are probably the most efficient in doing so.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Glowing poop axe.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Dat double scholar doe... OP.

It's been a long time since I did t5 and that was my first healing clear. our first night was frustrating for me knowing how to do it already, but watching everyone get so much better so quickly felt great. I guess I'll be teaching t6 on monday! hey wait! why do we have so many cats! Me and leon are crazy cat people!

Tank for life yo.

Actually have my gld sitting at 24, waiting to get some ninjas through the early/mid game. Was gonna do the same with my cnj but leonhard made me get stoneskin. slavedriver.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Glowing poop axe.

I like it because it is larger then Bravura.

When Bravura is sufficiently shiny, I'll unglamour.

488W936.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Dat double scholar doe... OP.

It's been a long time since I did t5 and that was my first healing clear. our first night was frustrating for me knowing how to do it already, but watching everyone get so much better so quickly felt great. I guess I'll be teaching t6 on monday! hey wait! why do we have so many cats! Me and leon are crazy cat people!

Tank for life yo.

Actually have my gld sitting at 24, waiting to get some ninjas through the early/mid game. Was gonna do the same with my cnj but leonhard made me get stoneskin. slavedriver.

@initiatefailure‌ - I agree; the initial run or two were a little "bleh" for me because I already had my clear (but truthfully, I got carried). Once we got past divebombs I was happy, and then we started making significant progress. I'm really excited everyone's ready for SCoB before 2.4.

ALSO, I have GLD, MAR, and CNJ sitting at 22. Wanna tank, I'll heal, and we split the profits of each run? :D

edit - holy crap, I didn't really understand your comment and then I looked at the picture again. 6 kitties 2 master race Roes. GO KITTY MINIONS GOOOOO ^_____^

Chubby Bunny on

• Options
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Yukira wrote: »
    Glowing poop axe.

I like it because it is larger then Bravura.

When Bravura is sufficiently shiny, I'll unglamour.

Get ye Atmas.

• Options
    But getting atmas will make the weapon not shiny.

• Options
    It starts you on the path to make it super shiny.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Are they getting rid of the one loot a week for ST and add 2nd Coil in Duty Finder in 2.4?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
This discussion has been closed.