As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread from last year....

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Oh also @Grundlestiltskin , assuming you're in Ghost, I'd be happy to craft you a few ilvl 70 pieces to get you to i50/i70 quicker. I can craft Ring, Neck, Wrist really easily now.

@secretexhibition‌ I am, Wonder Boy is my in-game character. I probably won't hit 50 on my DRG until next weekend when I have some more free time, so there's no rush. That said, if you let me know what mats I'd need for the pieces you have in mind I can start collecting them. I appreciate the help :)

Also depending on your cash, the i55 and i70 gear on the market board can be fairly cheap. I haven't checked in a while but when i first hit my first 50 i was able to buy the i70 weapon for like 10k and a few accessories to bump me up into the starting dungeons.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Goddamn, they really hiked the price up on the allied seals required to get armor.

Like, I understand that it was way cheap before, but that's a bit overkill.

IKknkhU.gif
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Oh also @Grundlestiltskin , assuming you're in Ghost, I'd be happy to craft you a few ilvl 70 pieces to get you to i50/i70 quicker. I can craft Ring, Neck, Wrist really easily now.

@secretexhibition‌ I am, Wonder Boy is my in-game character. I probably won't hit 50 on my DRG until next weekend when I have some more free time, so there's no rush. That said, if you let me know what mats I'd need for the pieces you have in mind I can start collecting them. I appreciate the help :)

Also depending on your cash, the i55 and i70 gear on the market board can be fairly cheap. I haven't checked in a while but when i first hit my first 50 i was able to buy the i70 weapon for like 10k and a few accessories to bump me up into the starting dungeons.

I'm sitting on about 760k, but I have no sense of the economy and am afraid to spend money :?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    They sort of increased the book prices for Relics in a round about way. You can't generate Soldiery quite as easily as Myth supposedly, so despite books being 1/4 the cost they actually take more effort to get. Anyone else seeing this to be true?

Cirira wrote: »
    They sort of increased the book prices for Relics in a round about way. You can't generate Soldiery quite as easily as Myth supposedly, so despite books being 1/4 the cost they actually take more effort to get. Anyone else seeing this to be true?

it's probably still better (until you factor in hunts) because most things seem about 1/2 soldiery compared to myth. but Myth in hunts was what made it ridiculously easy to get and since soldiery is unchanged in hunts it probably feels slower

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know how far people have made it through TCoB yet? I saw someone streaming turn 11 already...

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    my Dragoon hits 50, should I just plan to run the same progression as I did on my WHM? Starting with the lowest 50 dungeons and grinding tomes? When's a viable ilvl to get into CT or ST?

As I remember, your WHM ilvl was 74, enough to get into ST. Run CT to unlock ST, then spam ST for ilvl 100 gear. I doubt many people will be rolling on the gear, and since the weekly lock is gone, you can gobble up as much as you like while still earning soldiery tomes as well.

Grove wrote: »
    Does anyone know how far people have made it through TCoB yet? I saw someone streaming turn 11 already...

i think someone on reddit just posted a t12 kill (and we know who the final boss is from them), but I'm not looking at any of it (except loot tables) until our group gets through second coil

• Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Grove wrote: »

i think someone on reddit just posted a t12 kill (and we know who the final boss is from them), but I'm not looking at any of it (except loot tables) until our group gets through second coil

PSA: Please keep the spoilers VERY spoiler-tagged and to a minimum; some of us are following the coil story and in a fresh static and would love to find out this shit organically (as much as can be, anyway).

I know the TCoB stuff will be a topic of conversation for a while, especially when people start getting clears and sick loot. Just figured I'd mention it because certain reddit threads aren't very spoiler tagged.

Chubby Bunny on
    Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • RieRie Registered User regular
    I109 scholar looking for T9 clear group.
    I have cookies

FF14 - Rie Himawari (Sargatanas)
  • Jeff210Jeff210 Registered User regular
    I didn't realize the loot lock was removed from ST. I guess no reason not to have full i100

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Yeah, I need to start making ST runs. Haven't even done it once yet.

Also need to to Binding Coil t1, 2, 4 and 5.

IKknkhU.gif
    edited October 2014
    Jeff210 wrote: »
    I didn't realize the loot lock was removed from ST. I guess no reason not to have full i100

I got 2 UATs, 2 oils and 1 sands yesterday from ST... it's not awful farming but it's all RNG. I only saw one armor piece I didn't already have though. It was all healing gear dropping.

initiatefailure on
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Yeah. :( il90 myth gear drops as tokens now in the new 2.4 dungeons.

/kicks self for not buying them with seals for pennies

Yeah. It sucks that everyone needs on em as well. I just need two sets for my future Summoner and Bard. :(

Wait- what? No more cheap ilvl90 gear from seals?

Gods damn. I should've bought the set for my BRD then... crap. Why didn't I know about this? /beats self up

EDIT: This is really upsetting me. I thought all I had to do was get my BRD to 50 and then buy the equivalent gear that I have on my MNK. So I can't do that now? What do I have to do instead?

ringswraith on
    edited October 2014

Yeah. It sucks that everyone needs on em as well. I just need two sets for my future Summoner and Bard. :(

Gods damn. I should've bought the set for my BRD then... crap. Why didn't I know about this? /beats self up

EDIT: This is really upsetting me. I thought all I had to do was get my BRD to 50 and then buy the equivalent gear that I have on my MNK. So I can't do that now? What do I have to do instead?

Run dungeons and CT/ST. I think they realized how much hunts trivialized progression and a good deal of content.

Esh on
  • PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    It's such a freaking trip now. You do an A hunt now, and there's maybe 6 people show up. And you get 20 seals and 20 soldiery and you look around like somehow you must've been shorted. "um, hello? Were there some invisible ninja's that stole all the mark's hate so I didn't get full credit or something...." lol. Makes me laugh.

I'm looking forward to a couple of weeks when we see the state of the game after this insane rush. That way I have some idea of how I want to tackle the expansion next year.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • G-DragonG-Dragon Registered User regular
    How is learning hour doing? I'm not always online at a specified time, but would like to get through 2nd coil sometime...... Aside from getting ninja class

Esh wrote: »

Run dungeons and CT/ST. I think they realized how much hunts trivialized progression and a good deal of content.

Damnit. Why didn't I just buy the stuff for my BRD, I already had the seals...

I'm sorry. It's just that I know I play at times when not many other players are on, so having to rely on running dungeons for gear (for me) isn't that great an option. (Not to mention I play DPS and that whole queue thing.)

I am so turned off the game now.

• CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I was going to buy the WAR stuff myself Ringswraith, so I feel your pain.

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Wow....this is damned impressive:

15043225344_4b98134843_b.jpg

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I wonder if whoever did that will do more for the rest of the primals?

488W936.png
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular

I'm sorry. It's just that I know I play at times when not many other players are on, so having to rely on running dungeons for gear (for me) isn't that great an option. (Not to mention I play DPS and that whole queue thing.)

Alternatively, killing one weekly elite mark and getting a piece of i90 gear was pretty stupid.

I'm annoyed that I didn't take advantage of it when I could, but when I was grinding dungeons like a sucker it annoyed me that it was ridiculously easy to gear through hunts. This implementation probably makes better sense from a progression standpoint.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    And honestly soldiery tomes seem like they'll still be easy to get with some effort. It's not a big deal.

I am more focused on capping out on Poetics.

488W936.png
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    Thoughts on Ninja DPS vs others? Clear advantage or fits well into the fold? I was kind of imagining that it would be similar in many ways to Monk but maybe more forgiving? Just curious what your initial thoughts are at cap?

XBOne | LyrKing
    Also, I'm still loving Summoner but that poetics gear has a more than zero effect on me wanting to switch my main over to Bard. I suppose that's a bad reason to want to play a class but Bard is also helluva lotta fun too.

XBOne | LyrKing
    Papagander wrote: »
    Thoughts on Ninja DPS vs others? Clear advantage or fits well into the fold? I was kind of imagining that it would be similar in many ways to Monk but maybe more forgiving? Just curious what your initial thoughts are at cap?

It's technical tricky. You have to know in advance kind of what ninjutsu you want to use. Also the ninjutsu attacks are magic damage which is interesting because they get benefit from foe req but in fights like Turn 4 where you fight the soldiers and knights it's kind of irritating because you can't use ninjitsu on the knights, but you can't really attack the soldiers so you split the damage an tab target.

The damage output is very solid from what I can gather so far (the parsers are not accurate for Nin yet) the rotation is tricky because you have to keep your attack speed buf fup, keep your two dots running, manage your sneak/trick attack cooldown which you use in unison with ninjitsu and weave in your raiton ninjutsu. Which is a fair amount of stuff to manage all at once. That's not including weaving in the storms eye debuff either which throws everything off a bit (ideall yyou want your warrior doing that one)

But it;s really solid overall and bring nice utility in the form of a silence, stun, bind, and tp regeneration for a party member.

tl;dr The seem to fit right in.

delphinidaes.png
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Regarding NIN Parsing: There was an update to the ACT plugin within the past few hours, it should fix most of the issues. Just restart ACT and it should automatically prompt you for an update.

***** Please remember that parsing is technically against ToS ****

Here's the release notes:
    I have just released version 1.2.2.4. Here's a list of changes:
    Added a number of 2.4 zone IDs
    Rogue skills now are assigned the correct damage type so the DoT simulation will be more accurate.
    Fixed processing for the Trick Attack debuff - SE decided to call it "Vulnerability Up"
    Fixed Doton ground AOE so it should be processed now.
    Fixed buff ID for Shadow Fang DoT so ACT will simulate it now. For some reason, SE included two Shadow Fang buff IDs near each other in the DAT file, and I picked the wrong one.
    Fixed a problem in the parser code when the server reuses combatant IDs - now, they will properly overwrite if the name changes.
    Added "Unknown DoT Ticks" for incoming ground AOEs. this will help determine the cause of death, even if I havent mapped the ground AOE to a buff.
    Added a fix for WTFast premium connections when you specify the exit node. There is still a reported problem with WTFast which I will be looking into.

Overall Ninja looks reasonably good now. I look forward to hearing from theorycrafters that can help tune it further. For example, are ninja skills affected by foe requiem since they are elemental? What buffs/debuffs apply to Doton ticks? Do both Dancing Edge and Storm's Eye land on a target, but the debuff effect is still only 10%?

There is still more to work on, but I wanted to get the Ninja updates out as soon as possible. I hope to have another update friday or saturday.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie

Alternatively, killing one weekly elite mark and getting a piece of i90 gear was pretty stupid.

I'm annoyed that I didn't take advantage of it when I could, but when I was grinding dungeons like a sucker it annoyed me that it was ridiculously easy to gear through hunts. This implementation probably makes better sense from a progression standpoint.

Not to me, since I would still have to do dungeons to get actual end-game gear. And I'd have to progress through the dungeons anyway to advance my story quests. So no, I don't think this makes any difference from a progression standpoint.

My issue with this, is that I could have set myself up with ilvl90 gear so that I could be ready to do those dungeons, and it was taken away with no real clear announcement. Everything was Rogue/Ninja this and Tomes of Poetics that.

Now I face potential situations where my BRD will be blocked from progression due to his ilvl, and my MNK will be able to do it simply because I had purchased the gear for him already.

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Stilts wrote: »
    Goddamn, they really hiked the price up on the allied seals required to get armor.

Like, I understand that it was way cheap before, but that's a bit overkill.

One gets the impression they want people to focus on something other than hunts for a while.

EDIT: Having said that, I also wish I had farmed up the 90 gear for my last 2 (or now 3) battle classes.

soylenth on
  • TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Anyone in here at PAX Aus?

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
    tph558m7xt14.jpg

Got pretty lucky with some Shiva EX farming today. Won the sword, shield, and fending bracelet.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Pretty Rockin

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    tph558m7xt14.jpg

Got pretty lucky with some Shiva EX farming today. Won the sword, shield, and fending bracelet.

What's the difficulty compared to other primals?

soylenth wrote: »
    tph558m7xt14.jpg

What's the difficulty compared to other primals?

Not too bad. The group does have to be fairly coordinated and it can be a little rough on healers. Once more people are in 120-130 gear, it might get a little facerolly.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    So, better or worse than Ramuh EX? I still need to get that.

... you know what, if calling Shiva EX SEX catches on, I'm just calling Ramuh REX.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    ShivaEx has a lot of positioning requirements, the folks that had trouble with things like remembering bomb patterns on Titan are going to struggle.

It kind of reminds me of Ifrit Ex, there's a LOT of room to recover from screw ups, which is why it ends up harder on healers, the shit just rolls downhill onto us. =/ It really wont be bad at all once tanks get swapping down, and everyone in the raid understands positioning and stops sliding into the wall. Again.

Overall fun as hell, I don't know if it's going to dethrone TitanEx as my favorite.

• Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Also the ninjutsu attacks are magic damage which is interesting because they get benefit from foe req but in fights like Turn 4 where you fight the soldiers and knights it's kind of irritating because you can't use ninjitsu on the knights, but you can't really attack the soldiers so you split the damage an tab target.

Woah, I thought Ninjitsu was slashing damage. This changes a few things for me. Thanks for the heads up.

Chubby Bunny on
    Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
    Map hoarding was pretty profitable this time around again... 3 hours and 70ish Piesteskin maps later, made roughly 5M each. Got several of the new steampunky goggles, bluebirds (finally), and I'm completely drowning in Chinchilla Hide and Dress Material.

edited October 2014
    Skeith wrote: »
    So, better or worse than Ramuh EX? I still need to get that.

... you know what, if calling Shiva EX SEX catches on, I'm just calling Ramuh REX.

Different. Both take competent groups, but Shiva is definitely more forgiving of screw ups. Given time, with better gear, it's gonna be kind of a faceroll as a lot of the damage will be mitigated by i130 gear.

Esh on
This discussion has been closed.