As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB]Slow and the Serious: Tokyo Draft

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    There's a lot of controversy over this actually. No one related to the actual running of the team in any way is talking to the Orioles and apparently the "owner" aka the son of the company that owns the Jay's founder is doing this behind everyone's back.

He also apparently called up the Yankees and asked their advice on who he should hire.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    Giants signed Nori Aoki for 1 year, $4mil.

• Options
    I guess that's better than nothing.

• Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    I should have saved Larry Kruger's epic rant from a few weeks ago, on KNBR, about the Giants lack of postseason deals but I don't think I want to relive that again.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Randy Johnson has decided to rep the Diamondbacks in Cooperstown.

I figured he would since he won a World Series there.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Brewers are selling a "Timeless Ticket" for $1,000 that will allow you entrance to any future game you want in Milwaukee. Doesn't matter if it's playoffs or world series.

You also get to buy up to 3 additional tickets at regular price.

Also it's made of brass and personalized. They are selling 1,000 of them.

The only way I'd buy one of those is if it also let me hang out with Hank the Dog.

That and a few trips down the slide with Bernie.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    There's a lot of controversy over this actually. No one related to the actual running of the team in any way is talking to the Orioles and apparently the "owner" aka the son of the company that owns the Jay's founder is doing this behind everyone's back.

He also apparently called up the Yankees and asked their advice on who he should hire.

That is hysterical. I mean O's fans are losing their shit - because Baltimore sports fans tend to be hyperbolic babies about things. But this whole thing is even more of a mess than I realized.

The hell Toronto. Get your shit together.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Randy Johnson has decided to rep the Diamondbacks in Cooperstown.

I figured he would since he won a World Series there.

And you know, 4 straight Cy Youngs.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

This so perfectly encapsulates the Selig era.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Also Wrigley's bleachers won't be ready until at least May because they're behind schedule/

• Options
    Max Scherzer to the Nationals, which should really help their starting pitching problem.

• Options
    Bye bye Jordan Zimmermann, I guess.

• Options
    Hellooooo, Jordan Zimmerman.
    168pdJV.jpg

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Cubs are trading Dan Straily (plus more?) to the Astros for Dexter Fowler

• Options
    I assume there's more because as it stands I think the Cubs are the clear winners of this deal

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Cubs are trying as hard as they can to make the Back to the Future 2 prediction come true.

• Options
    Theo loves BTTF

• Options
    They're sending Luis Valbuena, too, apparently. More even, now

• Options
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Oh hey, I found a bookmark for this and isn't this what we used for ADP last year? http://stats.nesn.com/mlb/adp.asp?pos=all

Either way, it's current for this season right now, so it's worth a look in preparation at the very least.

EDIT: Also Yahoo put our teams back up so we can looks at them again.

Schide on
  • Options
    bud selig called st. louis the best baseball town, which is a good enough joke to leave on its own

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    The draft is just around the corner!

I think ...

And it if isn't, well damn well it should be!

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    In like a month, sure.

But don't let that stop you from putting together multiple spreadsheets of rankings!

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    the draft will probably begin mid to late february

we're going to take a keeper vote next week and we'll have an excel sheet before valentines day

• Options
    so real talk... its hard to find a championship belt vendor that doesn't seem shady as hell

but what do yall think about something like this, engraved with the championship year, team name, etc

http://steins.com/CTGY/eng.html

basically I'll let the champ pick their design

• Options
    I would happily accept a stein for the championship I'm going to win this year.

• Options
    Works for me.

• Options
    I already have one picked out for Raijin.

thtrjjj_zps4brhbr1r.png

• Options
    Hell yes! I'll drink a Black as night Stout in that.

• Options
    @Jasconius‌ http://www.highspots.com/c/Trophy-Belts.html Highspots is one of the most reputable places I've seen on the indy scene.

• Options
    But a stein also works

• Options
    Schide wrote: »
    But don't let that stop you from putting together multiple spreadsheets of rankings!

Already done!

Also steins are fantastic so I'm in.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    OK lets see how these forms work out

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lkL360Nw4PremUL0bkigf12tcjOeuT_KFVY4vYvFi7I/viewform?usp=send_form

2/3rds vote (8 teams) will be required to pass

• Options
    I'd vote for that if it started the season after, but not this coming season. What I've heard from more experienced people about keeper rules is you don't want to change them right before the season, you want to give it a full season so everyone can have the time needed during the season to implement any personal changes with the way they manage their team, and I happen to agree with that.

So if this doesn't pass and you want to make another for it starting the following season, then I would vote yes.

• Options
    I voted no because leave my keepers alone

Chriscrocker.avi

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I mean I already lost one keeper anyway so

• Options
    I'm shocked at the vote and where it's at.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    I'm not really. Vote fails. 9 keepers

Keeper sheet and trade season will proooooooooooobably open up next week.

This discussion has been closed.