As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The true villain of [JRPGs] is thinking FFTA is a good game

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I am going to walk across ffxv

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

and i would walk 500 miles

and i would walk 500 more

just to be the man who walked a thousand miles

to enter a ten minute summoning animation

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    @Professor Snugglesworth‌ Important question.
    Did anyone make a "Let me take a Selphy" joke during the recording?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

no and get out

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

Do I say to find out next week to build suspense?
    Yes.

To both questions.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    It's spelt Selphie, isn't it?

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

Yeah but you'll get all the way to your mansion and before you can go inside it'll say "you must gather your anime bently to continue"

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Cam footage is from the demo bundled with Type-0, but a much larger area in the demo.

Will have monthly reports on FFXV, the next one being December 20th.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Can confirm that Neochu cannot be defeated in Chapter 11, looks like you at need at least the stat boosts from C12. Might be possible with levelled HP bangles, might try that later. You can go way further than I remember though, you can actually beat every single hunt as they become available up through the Faultwarrens.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I think you can win with Vanille using Death spam, but it's not really worth it.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    So I just finished Chapter 7 in Xillia 2
    Is this really the Milla I'm going to get for this game?

That is...incredibly disappointing if so.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    So I just finished Chapter 7 in Xillia 2
    Is this really the Milla I'm going to get for this game?

That is...incredibly disappointing if so.
    Yes and no.

• Options
    All of Titan's trials save Neochu 5 starred in Chapter 11! Raktavija gave me tonnes of trouble until I levelled my Diamond bangles to get Hope's HP up to 5k. Fang/Vanille/Hope continues to be the best party by a fairly wide margin, with Lightning subbing in for Vanille when the extra healing and Imperil is less useful than physical damage/a second Launch. Also used a fair few deceptisols and Random: Instant Chain for those 5 stars, but all's fair in low level challenges (except Death spam, that shit is lame).

ladi.png
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    vanille eh? it's been almost 5 years now so i don't remember specifics but i remember figuring out that lightning was a better choice. what is the advantage of vanille?

• Options
    Adus wrote: »
    vanille eh? it's been almost 5 years now so i don't remember specifics but i remember figuring out that lightning was a better choice. what is the advantage of vanille?

Vanille has Curasa, Curaja and a wand that has Improved Heal, making her the best medic (Hope doesn't get Curaja until Chapter 12, and he never gets a weapon to boost healing). She also has Poison, Imperil and group versions of Deprotect/Deshell and a wand that has improved debuffing.

Some enemies are immune or resistant (10%) to magic damage and that's where Lightning shines over Vanille, or sometimes you want to juggle multiple enemies with Launch/take out groups quickly with Blitz/Ruinga. Lightning and Snow suffer from the fact that Commando, Ravager and Sentinel need barely any investment to be functional due to the innate strength of their role effects.

Poor Sazh doesn't get Protect/Shell until Chapter 12 so Hope eventually outstrips him, especially once you get Sprint Shoes for everyone. The Hyades Magnums are the easiest way to kill Adamantoises early though, so there's that. Also Snow is pretty good for all the Zirnitra fights they throw in towards the end of the hunts; just leave him as a sentinel and chuck phoenix downs whenever he falls, haha.

ladi.png
  • Options
    57/64 hunts defeated before facing Bart in Oerba:

1024x576.resizedimage

Beating him changes things a little; Fang now has Imperil and Hope now has Haste and Curaja, so really all Vanille brings to the table is Poison (and Death). You get quite a lot of health in this crystarium stage, I think I might try Neochu again.

ladi.png
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    oh i see. i perhaps was remembering things when i had all characters maxed. cause if you don't have poison without vanille then something is definitely off. i'm certain i had it in my lightning/fang/hope party.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I went to Shibuya today for Culture Day/early Christmas shopping (and cause I friggin love TWEWY) and had told myself ahead of time that I wasn't going to buy anything for myself.

Then I saw this:

cbOC39Ql.jpg

They did not have any Oblivions, sadly. Just Oathkeeper, Kingdom Key, and Mickey's KK. Also it does not have the charm as the keychain.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Pick me up some shit from Shibuya

Or Omotesandō

• Options
    Valkyria Chronicles is available for pre-purchase now, will release on steam in 8 days for 19.99

• Options
    I finished mordor so I'm back to FF13 until DA:I happens

the story is still fun, just got to nautilus and watched a scene before logging off for the night

my only problems so far are that the crystarium is getting mighty expensive really quickly and components do not drop in nearly high enough quantities

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    this free customization dlc stuff for freedom wars is p sweet
    EFHn8d3l.jpg

• Options
    i haven't been able to access it on ps tv

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I finished mordor so I'm back to FF13 until DA:I happens

the story is still fun, just got to nautilus and watched a scene before logging off for the night

my only problems so far are that the crystarium is getting mighty expensive really quickly and components do not drop in nearly high enough quantities

The answer to both is just keep pushing on. You'll get way more XP and you'll end up buying components if you really want to level weapons.

• Options
    What exactly is Freedom Wars? Is it just co-op missions, or is there online?

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Hahaha, you can totally kill that Adamantoise wandering around Chapter 12 when you first encounter it! Bought enough +100 str/mag accessories for Sazh, Fang and Vanille to have 3 each, then upgraded all of the str ones. Popped a Fortisol, took out its legs with a summon, and blew it up with debuffs and Blitz spam. Not at all worth it, but it means that 58/64 of the hunts are completable in Chapter 11, which is very cool.

Incidentally, it is crazy how high Fang's strength is. Even with the Hyades Magnums, she outstrips Sazh:
    1024x576.resizedimage
    1024x576.resizedimage

Shen on
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

I agree with that article 100%

There's a little scene just as Sora is getting on the train, where Roxas' friends say goodbye to him, and Sora roles a tear and doesn't know why, that scene gets me every time.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    This just got announced

W3AbR7G.jpg?1

• Options
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Motherfuck

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I just bought Xillia 2 cos it was on sale and I thought Xillia 1 was ok.

Is Xillia 2 any good?

• Options
    That collectors edition will almost certainly be sold out by the time I can afford it.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Dang, that plushie would be great alongside my moogle and tonberry. 50 quid extra is just crazy talk though.

ladi.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    It coming with KH 1.5 is the only reason I'd consider it.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    haha oh my gooood what the hell, end of nautilus section
    ironman-whiplash-o.gif

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    I just bought Xillia 2 cos it was on sale and I thought Xillia 1 was ok.

Is Xillia 2 any good?

It's pretty good. If you enjoyed the Xillia 1 cast at all you should like it. The main character is new, but every Xillia character shows up as a party member complete with Mass Effect 2 style loyalty side quests.

Main character can switch between 3 weapons on the fly which makes combat more interesting than the first game, but you lose out on the ability to swap in inactive party members during fights (it would make the game way too easy with the way the new weakness system works).

Game is also hard as balls on anything above normal.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    What god do I need to make the proper offerings to get KH2.5 HD on PS4 so I can justify getting a silly Heartless plushie.

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

I agree with that article 100%

There's a little scene just as Sora is getting on the train, where Roxas' friends say goodbye to him, and Sora roles a tear and doesn't know why, that scene gets me every time.

Almost every main character in that series goes through some seriously soul-crushing shit. Some even go through fates worse than death.

I remember how slightly traumatizing the ending for the first Kingdom Hearts was for my younger sisters when they watched it.
    "B...but...what about Mickey? What's going to happen to Mickey?" :(

This discussion has been closed.