As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The true villain of [JRPGs] is thinking FFTA is a good game

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Alright so

In Xenoblade, is there any easy way of comparing the stats of equipment I have equipped to equipment in my menu, independent of whatever gems I currently have equipped?

Because it totally sucks that well, yes, this new sword may have a base strength better than my current one, but I can't tell because I have strength gems equipped

I don't think so, yeah it kinda sucks. Best option is to just keep your gem inventory trim or look at base dtats

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I actually didn't see the base stats window that you can get by pressing pause, so that's...sufficient

Now the bigger question is why the strongest gear I have is "swimming trunks" and "swimming oil"

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    you know why

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    It's been about a year in RF4 since the last story beat, how do I start up Act 3 of this thing?

to force it you really need to know how town events work. there are set days where an event will occur, and one of them is an event called memories which starts the 3rd arc. so what you want to do is find a day when any event occurs, go to the day before that event begins, get dylas and amber in your party, and then keep resetting until they both leave in the morning. after that go see them in the flower shop

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I actually didn't see the base stats window that you can get by pressing pause, so that's...sufficient

Now the bigger question is why the strongest gear I have is "swimming trunks" and "swimming oil"

That happens like, 3 different times while you're levelling up.

Just enjoy the breeze.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular

It's so you can really feel it.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Double post

Renzo on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I wish super hot would actually 100% pause

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Huh

I may have to replay that, and marry Lucina as a male avatar. It kinda goes against my rule of playing ladies, but if there are interesting character interactions to come out of it, why not.

mmmmmmyyyeah, it's sounding like it is going to be critically important to me down the line

so, male avatar, might as well have fun with it

I am thinking tactics dandy

he is a dandy guy, uh

on the...battlefield

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I prefer my dandy guys in space.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    Huh

I may have to replay that, and marry Lucina as a male avatar. It kinda goes against my rule of playing ladies, but if there are interesting character interactions to come out of it, why not.

mmmmmmyyyeah, it's sounding like it is going to be critically important to me down the line

he is a dandy guy, uh

on the...battlefield

Just remember. The male Avatar is much less of a troll than his counterpart.

He leaves that to his daughter.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    If I restart awakening will I still have my dlc? It seemed file based before but I was always to scared to check

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Huh

he is a dandy guy, uh

on the...battlefield

Welp, sounds like I'm going female Avatar when I get this game then. Because I love it when the protagonist is a troll, sarcastic, or generally fits the archetype of Harry Dresden, Smartass to All.

Madican on
  • Options
    Sooo I'm in Chapter 5 of Bravely Default, and all my characters are lvl 99 and all Jobs except the one I don't have are lvl 14.

So uh, I guess I should go ahead and try to beat it now?

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Sooo I'm in Chapter 5 of Bravely Default, and all my characters are lvl 99 and all Jobs except the one I don't have are lvl 14.

Nah. Better to go grind Vampire Castle mobs some more.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Renzo wrote: »

Nah. Better to go grind Vampire Castle mobs some more.

But...I've never grinded (ground?) Vampire Castle mobs...?

I was kind of shocked at the open-endedness of Ch 5 and how the boss fights seemed to be way above my initial power level. Also those dragons were powerful! So I'm not too concerned that I may have completely broken the difficulty of the game, since now I can basically do whatever I want again, which is more fun to me than hitting a brick wall, grinding a bit, trying again, passing it, hitting another brick wall, etc.

I also don't think I've broken the difficulty of the game because I assume there are challenges that are made for max level parties.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Huh

he is a dandy guy, uh

on the...battlefield

Welp, sounds like I'm going female Avatar when I get this game then. Because I love it when the protagonist is a troll, sarcastic, or generally fits the archetype of Harry Dresden, Smartass to All.

Both avatars have their moments of smartassery, mostly not in the main plotline. Just the male Avatar has some, female Avatar has more, and female Morgan has all the trolling ever.

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    If I restart awakening will I still have my dlc? It seemed file based before but I was always to scared to check

I wiped my data entirely once and it stuck around, you're fine

that stuff is tied to system memory and NNID I think?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    alright i've got all my norende buildings to 11

time to get the black mage asterik

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Huh

he is a dandy guy, uh

on the...battlefield

Both avatars have their moments of smartassery, mostly not in the main plotline. Just the male Avatar has some, female Avatar has more, and female Morgan has all the trolling ever.

So how do I get maximum smartass dialogue then?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My eugenics program required a male Avatar

I REGRET NOTHING

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Huh

he is a dandy guy, uh

on the...battlefield

Maximum smartass is Male avatar, for his + female Morgan.

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Huh

he is a dandy guy, uh

on the...battlefield

Maximum smartass is Male avatar, for his + female Morgan.

Also support with Ricken ASAP.

Ricken is eh, but his supports with the Avatar are excellent. As are his supports with Henry, in a very different way.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Okay I am enjoying fire emblem much more on hard and no permadeath

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Goddammit, Capcom.

• Options
    Also there are currently no plans for it to leave Japan so you're not even getting that

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Also there are currently no plans for it to leave Japan so you're not even getting that

I guess there's a silver lining then

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

That just means they haven't announced it yet. It's already been trademarked in the west.

• Options
    What does this mean for Deep Down

Cause both of these games sound like the same thing

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I think it IS Deep Down.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Well we had suspicions they would go this route.

I don't necessarily mind it but I worry about lag and I have no faith in Capcom not having a shitty FtP model.

So oh well.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I really enjoy how tongue-in-cheek the Neptunia series is about their characters. These are hilariously accurate.

S-sha (Square Enix): A bad-mouthed, cool beauty apathetic about everything. She failed as a filmmaker and had a run in with death at one point.
    B-sha (Bandai Namco): A toy vendor and girl who loves money above all. She demands small sums of money for every little thing.
    JNMSxBK.jpg

K-sha (Konami): A girl attending the girls’ school on Lastation. She enjoys music, both as a listener and a performer, and when she has a gun on her, her personality resembles that of a war veteran.
    C-sha (Capcom): The leader of the Gold Third. Contrary to her appearance, she’s very gluttonous and has no power when she’s hungry.
    6JIs7fd.jpg

Oh, and the Vita total-remake of the first game in the series hits Steam tomorrow.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    F2P Dragon's Dogma had me apprehensive but reading an interview about it sounds a bit more reasonable.

Gematsu has a bit more of the info coming out in Famitsu:
    In an interview with Famitsu, producer Matsukawa and director Kinoshita share the following comments:

Development started with the basic desire of taking Dragon’s Dogma and making it playable in an online environment.

The game couldn’t be made in tandem with Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen and was therefore pushed back.

Capcom contemplated a monthly fee, but chose freeo-to-play in the end in an attempt to get more players to try it out.

Though paid items are present, the game will still feel like a proper Dragon’s Dogma game.

The story is completely new and there are no character connections. (Editor’s note: We take it this means no character connections to the previous game.)

The game world will initially be the size of what players have come to expect from previous games, but will expand over time to be three times larger in scope.

Parties are formed in the lobby, after which players depart for the field.

An effort has been made to emphasize the strengths and traits of individual classes, but it’s not balanced so strictly that players need to be super meticulous about party makeup.

Capcom producer Yoshinori Ono also adds that the game’s development is benefiting from the cooperation of Sony Computer Entertainment.

• Options
    DDO also has the same director and a lot of the same development team that did the first game. I'm relatively hopeful.

I mean, after all, Dragon's Dogma was one of the best things ever.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    Peas wrote: »
    Are they getting rid of pawns

I really dig that system

No. They're not. You'll be able to play with Pawns and other players, and from the description it'll work exactly like monster hunter.

Party limit of four. Four players, three players and one Pawn, two players and two pawns, or one player and four pawns.

• Options
    DDO also has the same director and a lot of the same development team that did the first game. I'm relatively hopeful.

I mean, after all, Dragon's Dogma was one of the best things ever.

I still need to get Dark Arisen. Apparently it fixes the major issues I had with DD.

This discussion has been closed.