As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    ... okay, since we're within the 12-hour window for the next turn to autocomplete, can I request that we move the turn timer back to, like, 72 hours for the next week (after this turn completes)? I'm back on work on Monday, 27 July, and can usually squeeze in a turn on my lunchbreak without issue, but at home with a new baby and a 3-year-old it can be a couple days before I get to sit down for an hour.

@Lord_Asmodeus

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Looks like we're down to R'Lyeh for this turn in the LA game. Who was that again?

Also, if any of you are looking for tourist destinations, might I recommend sunny, coastal Marignon? Our wines are exquisite, the cathedrals are especially nice this time of year, and the heretic-bonfires are a good way to keep the spring chill from your old bones as you moonbathe on the silent beach, watching winged darkness flit between the stars, yearning for your lost youth. We also have many fine cheeses.

That's me. Turn (presumably?) sent in and good to go.

edit: I see now I was remiss in not having an interesting name.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Ugh apparently I missed a turn in there somewhere and I have no idea how it happened. I thought I was staying on top of this pretty well. Just sent in the turn I'd been working on and it was stale. Oh well, I got proper turns sent in and hopefully I'm back on track with this.

• Options
    Drake wrote: »
    Ugh apparently I missed a turn in there somewhere and I have no idea how it happened. I thought I was staying on top of this pretty well. Just sent in the turn I'd been working on and it was stale. Oh well, I got proper turns sent in and hopefully I'm back on track with this.

Hey! Same turn I was talking about missing, @Drake! :D

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Alright I turned the Early and Mid age games to the 72 hour turnover.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    I will try to get the current turn in tonight, in the MA game. If the next turn's timer could be set to Monday the 3rd, that would be awesome.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Do you mean turn 30? Because if not it might have ticked over while I was asleep.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Next turn. Current turn is due Sunday, which is fine. Next turn would be due Monday the 3rd, if that's still alright.

• Options
    Oh you mean for the delay. Alright yeah, I'll try and make sure turnover after next is Monday the 3rd.

• Options
    Is there a way to retrieve a pretender from the llamaserver? I'm on a different computer for the moment, and even with a savegame folder and the turn dropped in it tells me "no game has been created." I assume the pretender is the only thing I'm missing.

• Options
    Uh, You mean like you created a new folder in the save game folder and dropped the trn file in there and it's not recognizing it?

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Nevermind, figured it out. I had a space in the game name, and it doesn't like that kind of thing.

I'm also beginning to figure out what I'm doing. Your doom is upon you!

edit: That last sentence was premature.

"You mermen are great and all, but what we need is Cthulhu! Hang on, let me go grab him."
    -Last recorded words of PolloDiablo

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    Grey PaladinGrey Paladin Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    No one is buying my stuff :( . I'd expect folks to at least buy some research boosters or staves of elemental mastery.

Grey Paladin on
    "All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence
  • Options
    Ah.. so we decided not to wait, then?

I'm not mad,

just disappointed.

• Options
    edited August 2015

I'm not mad,

just disappointed.

It... should have? It was supposed to turn over tomorrow for the MA game right? Hmm yeah I even did my turn, wasn't thinking about it. But yeah, I turned the turn rollover time so it should have waited until Monday. Last time I checked it it said the next turn would occur on Monday.

I can roll the turn back from the admin screen though if everyone is cool with that.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    If that's the case, fine with me.

• Options
    EidoloclastEidoloclast Registered User regular
    Marignon would share words with its fellow nations of the Late Era. We are a peace-loving cult of blood, and the uniform silence of the era is creeping us out.

• Options

I'm not mad,

just disappointed.

It... should have? It was supposed to turn over tomorrow for the MA game right? Hmm yeah I even did my turn, wasn't thinking about it. But yeah, I turned the turn rollover time so it should have waited until Monday. Last time I checked it it said the next turn would occur on Monday.

I can roll the turn back from the admin screen though if everyone is cool with that.

It's fine, these things happen. The damage wasn't too significant, I think, surprisingly.

On with the show.

• Options

I'm not mad,

just disappointed.

It's fine, these things happen. The damage wasn't too significant, I think, surprisingly.

On with the show.

Yeah again sorry about that, I'll try to be more on the ball next time someone needs me to postpone something. I might just suspend the turn next time instead of relying on expanding the turn timer.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Hey look I'm alive. And I missed some turns. And awesome. Giants and zombies and stuff. Hmmm

• Options
    Marignon would share words with its fellow nations of the Late Era. We are a peace-loving cult of blood, and the uniform silence of the era is creeping us out.

Marignon, my good buddies! Everything's going great here under the ocean, so you probably don't need to come any closer to check it out. Just dandy.

• Options

Marignon, my good buddies! Everything's going great here under the ocean, so you probably don't need to come any closer to check it out. Just dandy.

As long as you are content to allow us to sail over your waters, we will see no need to sanctify them with your blood.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    It's happening.
    Now it's actually happening though.

Grey Paladin on
    "All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence
  • Options
    We have been suddenly and deliberately attacked by the Empire of Ulm! Because I'm so nice and we just want to give everyone good dreams I won't immediately respond. Hang out and get comfy.

And my pretender god just got back! A little the worse for wear, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

• Options
    We have been suddenly and deliberately attacked by the Empire of Ulm! Because I'm so nice and we just want to give everyone good dreams I won't immediately respond. Hang out and get comfy.

And my pretender god just got back! A little the worse for wear, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

Ulm has attacked our peaceful tourist destinations as well. As have you.

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    I assume that the LA game has been startede since the OP was last updated on July 9th :)

Got the game in the summer sale after having it on my wishlist since last year when an old school chum talked up the Dominions series.

Started my first game earlier in the week and with my EA Helheim. Then started a EA C'tis game yesterday, but can't seem ro get how they play.

Is there some resource about the get-to spells for the different schools of magic in the research categories?

Also an overview of the races units and where they can be buildt would be nice.

Anyway, might join some pbe if everyone is still up for playing when the current games end. :)

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    To get research points on the research page, you need to set your mage commanders to research. The amount of points they contribute to research can be seen on their stats screen and is represented by the number next to the stack of books (7/11/13 are common values)

Also to look at all the units and recruit locations for different factions, use the unit tab on the Mod Inspector

• Options
    Meanwhile, in sunny coastial Marignon:
    grepspx9n6dt.png

• Options

Ulm has attacked our peaceful tourist destinations as well. As have you.

That's mostly for your own good. You were getting a little close to a gate straight into the howling abyss between worlds. Can't get a great deal on timeshares there.

• Options
    Meanwhile, in sunny coastial Marignon:
    grepspx9n6dt.png

... excepting, of course, those that were being suffered by the 730 people that were eaten, though, of course, from a certain point of view, those were cured, too, we're just saying.

• Options
    Marignon, you appear to have accidentally besieged one of my castles. If you leave without me having to fight you for it I'm prepared to respect our current borders.

• Options
    Marignon, you appear to have accidentally besieged one of my castles. If you leave without me having to fight you for it I'm prepared to respect our current borders.

Those are just tourists. They were moving through to have cultural exchange with your very enthusiastic thinkers to the south. Speaking of which, we'd like to ask you to tone down the volume on your stereo systems slightly, please. We have a lot of retirement age people just looking for a quiet place to kick back and watch the stars die.

As your impoliteness continues, we consider our options. We would be glad to stop pushing our glossy holiday pamphlets under your doors if you would agree to allow us to retake our grotto and dismantle the broadcasting apparatus you have constructed there. With that proviso, the rest of your proposal would be agreeable: certainly we should both be focusing our efforts on making our kingdoms as attractive to foreign investment as Ulm and C'tis.

• Options
    Public Service Announcement to any and all people dwelling near beaches:

The recent tourist waves from Marignon have brought with them many requests for the leasing of seaside property and beaches.

The Supremely Benevolent Government of Ulm saw fit to cancel the lease on an Ulmian beach shortly after it was enacted, as the tourists from Marignon began several forest fires, highly unsanitary geriatric orgies in public view, cooking of noxious food and leaving trash everywhere (most of which cannot be identified). The poop pits dug into the beach itself notwithstanding.

Be careful in granting lease to travel agencies based in Marignon, lest your natural environment be equally polluted by these highly inconsiderate travellers.

-Public Broadcasting Agency of Ulm

• Options
    Ulm, I'm going to need you to practice better arrow safety. You're firing them around all willy-nilly, and they keep landing in the brains of my men. It's downright dangerous.

• Options
    Would anyone mind if we adjusted the turn timer for the MA game back down to reasonable levels? I think it's still at a week from when someone went out of town ...

• Options
    Way to go, AI. Buff the militia instead of the mages!

• Options
    Ulm, I'm going to need you to practice better arrow safety. You're firing them around all willy-nilly, and they keep landing in the brains of my men. It's downright dangerous.

Your fishmen would do well to stop hanging out near the targets on the archery range. It's generally bad for your prospects of long life.

• Options
    The new patch is out, it's the big underwater patch a lot of people have been looking forward to. Hopefully it'll make the underwater nations more viable.

• Options
    The new patch is out, it's the big underwater patch a lot of people have been looking forward to. Hopefully it'll make the underwater nations more viable.

How does that affect ongoing games?

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

How does that affect ongoing games?

Well, I think it should be fine, but the patch will be applied so new options will likely become available that weren't before.