As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Zelda] thread. BOTW spoilers WILL be posted before release. Watch your step!

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Based on that conversation I think it was that they did not like the controller, rather than an issue with responsiveness or buttons

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Just seemed a weird time to bring it up

They spent most of last year (too much) gushing about Super Mario Maker and Splatoon and never really mentioning any control issues outside of "gyroscope aiming sucks" because of course it does

• Options
    I don't know the Bombcast personalities (this week was the first I'd listened to) but I think the one guy's complaints were more about how he didn't have time to get used to the nuances of the controls? And that the demo was too short

I don't think they were looking to the NX with expectations that it would control better

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I think it'll be fine. The Wii U version would have to control very bad to make me need to get the NX to play it.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    if it was brad, he doesn't have a wiiu

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    The one thing is that run is on b and jump is on x so it's hard to run and jump

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »

Man that is

A weird setup

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

Man that is

A weird setup

At the same time, I don't think any of them encountered a point where a running jump would be necessary

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Whoa just saw a video-- you can wallop it on the head with the hammer and that'll freeze it for a good shot on the tail

whaaaaaaaaaaat

A little late, but you can also throw a bomb at it to stop it moving for a bit.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Bob Update:

With his boots of stomping, super strength, and new arrows, Bob has begun sailing to every island it see if there is anything cool. Starting in the north, Bob visited an island with a really powerful farting statue. He used the boots to destroy the stupid statue and learned a new music thing. Some other ghost kid in the same cosplay outfit appeared and told him about finding someone with a leaf banjo. It appears there is more on the island but Bob can't figure it out.

He returns to his island hopping journey.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    if bob can't remember meeting anyone who had a leaf banjo

maybe he should start with the island that had the most leaves in general

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Bob should be looking for a leaf violin or fiddle if you prefer. Theres no banjos in Wind waker

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    Even if Bob remembers where that leafy violin came into play before, it will do no good until Bob progresses further in other areas.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Piotyr wrote: »
    Even if Bob remembers where that leafy violin came into play before, it will do no good until Bob progresses further in other areas.
    no he should be able to go pick up makar now shouldn't he

• Options

No, Piotyr's got it, the order is set

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Wyborn wrote: »

wait what
    I'm 100% positive i do the wind dungeon before the earth dungeon like, every time

unless there's a step between lockin' up zelda and doing those dungeons that i'm forgetting

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Wyborn wrote: »

wait what
    I'm 100% positive i do the wind dungeon before the earth dungeon like, every time

unless there's a step between lockin' up zelda and doing those dungeons that i'm forgetting
    You need the fire/ice arrows, and you need to collect the iron boots and power bracelets

Makar can't be found before you do the Earth Temple. The Deku Tree even tells you it's pointless to look for him. Once you beat the Earth Temple he'll be playing his music and the Deku Tree tells yo uto listen for it

I did this not a week ago, I am 100%. Tried to find Makar first and he did not exist.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    2016-06-27.jpg

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I've finished the Wind Temple, which means it is now time to fill out the map and get the other... 8 hearts I'm currently missing

Wind Waker's not veyr long if you stick to the critical path but this is a lot of game

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I feel like Wind Waker is very, very short if you don't indulge the exploration

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I just spent a good while making my way to the eighth dungeon in Seasons. I finally make it there, and it tells me I'm in the "Sword and Shield Maze". That's when I remember my shield got eaten by a like-like 45 minutes ago.

Why, god

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I think the only Zelda with a shorter required path than WW is Majora's mask.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I just spent a good while making my way to the eighth dungeon in Seasons. I finally make it there, and it tells me I'm in the "Sword and Shield Maze". That's when I remember my shield got eaten by a like-like 45 minutes ago.

Why, god

I don't think you actually need a shield. The dungeon's two floors are shaped like a sword and a shield.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Well, that's a relief.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    So, Linkle is finally on the Wii U Hyrule Warriors.

She is super fun.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    So that guy who did the incredible 25th anniversary classical fanart of just about everyone from the games just did another piece for the 30th anniversary

It's a little too big to post in here and anyway the details are best viewed at large so y'all should just visit Ag+ on pixiv to view it in full

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    I gave up on WW again

I just don't think I like that game

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Chincy

A friend of mine is going through it right now too and his opinion of it has improved vastly, even saying it might be his favorite

And he was previously a Majora diehard, and those people are crazy, so I didn't expect to hear that

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I gave up on WW again

I just don't think I like that game

Awww.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    It is kind of weird to realize I only really love two of the 3d Zelda games

But I like them so much that I always look forward to the new one

• Options
    It is kind of weird to realize I only really love two of the 3d Zelda games

But I like them so much that I always look forward to the new one

Hey, me too. Just... very different ones.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

A friend of mine is going through it right now too and his opinion of it has improved vastly, even saying it might be his favorite

And he was previously a Majora diehard, and those people are crazy, so I didn't expect to hear that

At this point it's become apparent that your ratio of in dungeon to out of dungeon pretty much does it for me

Wind waker, majoras, and skyward all have very little dungeon compared to the time you spend in the overworld

Which makes me think the new one might not do it for me either but we will see I guess

• Options

At this point it's become apparent that your ratio of in dungeon to out of dungeon pretty much does it for me

Wind waker, majoras, and skyward all have very little dungeon compared to the time you spend in the overworld

Which makes me think the new one might not do it for me either but we will see I guess

I think it will depend on the quality of the minidungeons and the complexity of the major dungeons. Because if there's a bunch of little challenge stuff all over the place, the ratio may be better than you'd think.

In an ideal world, they'd introduce tools that let you cut through the survival stuff and just do a dungeon rush if you'd prefer, but I don't really expect that.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    See I think I actually WANT a whole lot of really good overworld

I love Majora and Wind Waker the most BECAUSE I really love running around Clock Town and The Great Sea

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    See I think I actually WANT a whole lot of really good overworld

I love Majora and Wind Waker the most BECAUSE I really love running around Clock Town and The Great Sea

Oh, for sure, me too. But if there's a way to not have to engage with it if you don't I think that's also good because some people don't want to have to deal with a bunch of extraneous stuff to get to their dungeoning, and it's frustrating to like part of a game a lot but have to put up with some completely separate systems in order to get to the stuff you like.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I enjoy Wind Waker well enough.

But honestly, I'd replay most other 3D Zeldas before WW. Yes, even Twilight Princess.

It's mostly 'cuz I'm a guy who mostly loves the dungeons in Zelda games. And, like, I've played WW three times (only two of those times all of the way through), and I still can barely remember anything about the dungeons. And I certainly can't give you any "oh yeah, I loved that part" moments. They're fine, but completely unremarkable to me.

Whereas with MM, TP, and (especially) OoT, I can remember plenty about those dungeons and what I liked about them (though less so with TP, since I've only played it once so far).

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    That's so nuts to me

WW has by far my favorite dungeons in a 3D Zelda, I just wish there were a couple more

• Options
    That's so nuts to me

WW has by far my favorite dungeons in a 3D Zelda, I just wish there were a couple more

I think there are good dungeons but they're all in the last half of the game, the first 3 dungeons are pretty boring and there's a looooot of sailing in between

• Options
    Finished Wind Waker a few days ago. It's a good game.

A lot to unpack about those last few hours.

Interesting final battle thematically, dungeons are uniformly the poorest of the 3D games.

dN0T6ur.png
This discussion has been closed.