As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Zelda] thread. BOTW spoilers WILL be posted before release. Watch your step!

• CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    Got myself Ocarina of Time 3D for my birthday, I'm excited! Never played OoT before, on any format. Going to see what all the fuss is about.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I finished the Wind Waker remake on Friday night. I wish I had remembered that they trimmed down the Triforce hunt so much, otherwise I wouldn't have stalled out for three weeks as soon as I realized it was starting.

So, to continue my 3D Zelda nostalgia tour, I started up Twilight Princess, which is my personal #3 (after LttP and Link's Awakening). And... it looks like a portal to the leaky butthole dimension on my TV. It feels pretty weird to remember how impressed I was with these graphics at one point. The setting is still atmospheric as hell though, and it has some of my favorite dungeons in the franchise, so I can put up with it being kind of murky. The motion controls on the other hand... ugh. I'm super disappointed to find out the classic controller isn't compatible with Wii games on the Wii U. I feel like I'm doing permanent damage to my wrist with all this controller flailing.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    The way Wii games look when running through my Wii U never ceases to disappoint me.

Edit: wait, do you mean the Wii Classic Controller? Because that's absolutely compatible with Wii games on the Wii U. Xenoblade would be literally unplayable if it weren't. Twilight Princess itself isn't but that's no fault of the Wii U.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I finished the Wind Waker remake on Friday night. I wish I had remembered that they trimmed down the Triforce hunt so much, otherwise I wouldn't have stalled out for three weeks as soon as I realized it was starting.

So, to continue my 3D Zelda nostalgia tour, I started up Twilight Princess, which is my personal #3 (after LttP and Link's Awakening). And... it looks like a portal to the leaky butthole dimension on my TV. It feels pretty weird to remember how impressed I was with these graphics at one point. The setting is still atmospheric as hell though, and it has some of my favorite dungeons in the franchise, so I can put up with it being kind of murky. The motion controls on the other hand... ugh. I'm super disappointed to find out the classic controller isn't compatible with Wii games on the Wii U. I feel like I'm doing permanent damage to my wrist with all this controller flailing.

The Classic controller is compatible though

It's just that tp doesn't support it

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Stealth update to Hyrule Warriors

[1.06]
    Fixes to improve overall game experience.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I tell you what, Hyrule Warriors has to have been a real boon for Koei.

I'm going to be picking up Dragon Quest Heroes mostly because I had such a good time with HW.

And I don't even have any of the DLC for HW yet.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Anju and Kafei back together!
    Feels good, man

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    I tell you what, Hyrule Warriors has to have been a real boon for Koei.

I'm going to be picking up Dragon Quest Heroes mostly because I had such a good time with HW.

And I don't even have any of the DLC for HW yet.

DQ Heroes is not a lot like Hyrule Warriors or Dynasty Warriors .

It's more tower defense oriented apparently. You can also have minions fight for you

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Anju and Kafei back together!
    Feels good, man

When I was young, that mask was the most precious thing I'd ever earned in a game

dN0T6ur.png
    Looks like I have every mask now! Except for the Stone Mask of course
    Time to power on through the rest of this so I can finally move on to Link Between Worlds

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I would be pretty miffed if this Zelda U isn't a Wii U exclusive. The entire reason I bought the system was on the back of the Zelda demo they showed.

I'm aware there other games out for the system and that they're undoubtedly good games. But I don't want to play them.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I would be pretty miffed if this Zelda U isn't a Wii U exclusive. The entire reason I bought the system was on the back of the Zelda demo they showed.

I'm aware there other games out for the system and that they're undoubtedly good games. But I don't want to play them.

wait

are you saying you bought a wii u on the basis of a few minutes of footage they showed off of a game that at the time was over a year away, and you haven't/aren't planning using it for anything else

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Time to power on through the rest of this so I can finally move on to Link Between Worlds

Really? Huh. Outside of like the Bunny Hood I'd rate the stone mask as one of the most generally useful masks

You should get that mask before you beat the game

dN0T6ur.png

wait

are you saying you bought a wii u on the basis of a few minutes of footage they showed off of a game that at the time was over a year away, and you haven't/aren't planning using it for anything else

yes.

Since Nintendo has a long and storied history of not producing enough product (look at current amibos, and damn near any collectors edition of any game they've ever made), I bought a zelda console on good faith.

want to play my zelda on my zelda controller!

Wyborn wrote: »

Really? Huh. Outside of like the Bunny Hood I'd rate the stone mask as one of the most generally useful masks

Well I haven't done Stone Tower yet and that's where you get it

Wyborn wrote: »

Well I haven't done Stone Tower yet and that's where you get it

No it's not

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    he

is talking about the giant's mask not the stone mask, i think

Oh WHOOPS
    I have the Stone Mask but not the Giant's Mask
    I got mixed up

The new Twinmold fight is pretty fucking cool

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The new Twinmold fight is pretty fucking cool

If you fight it again you have unique attacks against the other worm

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I liked the concept of the twinmold fight, but I thought it overstayed its welcome a bit

if the second worm required two fewer sequences to defeat it would have been perfect

• SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I've started wearing the Majora's Mask pin on my overcoat (yes it's April, but it's still snowing in Toronto)

Screenshot_4.jpg

I don't usually wear or carry around anything remotely fannish because I hate people asking, but I really don't mind in this case. Also it's so cool looking <3

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    how is it still snowing in Toronto but not in barrie?

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I just got the zora stuff

I think I see what people are talking about with the swimming controls

And they were worse before?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Attempted to beat Wind Waker last night, but the third stage of the Puppet Ganon fight kicked my ass. Will try again this evening.

tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited April 2015
    I just got the zora stuff

I think I see what people are talking about with the swimming controls

And they were worse before?

Yes and no.

In the original version, Zora Link always moved in the manner and speed he does when you have the lightning shield turned on in the 3DS version. Unless you were just doing the basic dog paddle regular Link can also do.

The 3DS version is worse because you cant go as fast without burning magic.

But in my opinion ZL's new base swim speed is much more controllable for exploring and what not, and isn't really that much slower. Also the circle pad is just plain more accurate than the N64's control stick, or emulations there of. It's still not great, but it's manageable.

They also removed most of the forced dolphin jumps from the 3DS version, so moving at full speed isn't as important.

...until you get to a bit right near the end of the game which they redesigned to be all about dolphin jumps so hell if I know what they were trying to do.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
    I fired up Wind Waker last night for the first time in probably a year to find myself on Windfall Island.

I can't remember what I did or what I'm doing.

I have all three pearls and the bow and when I go to the hero tower thingie, it appears that the map is completed.

I talked to everyone on the island and they were no help.

How do I figure out where I am in the game?!

I fired up Wind Waker last night for the first time in probably a year to find myself on Windfall Island.

I can't remember what I did or what I'm doing.

I have all three pearls and the bow and when I go to the hero tower thingie, it appears that the map is completed.

I talked to everyone on the island and they were no help.

How do I figure out where I am in the game?!

Talk to yo boat.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Well, after you finish the tower, you go straight to Hyrule castle, so if you've returned to Windfall Island, then you've probably already done that and are on the next part, which is the triforce shard/chart hunt.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

ah fun

going to need to up my wallet lol

Yep!

Although if you're on the Wii-U version it isn't so bad. Some of the charts are replaced with the triforce shards , which makes the whole thing less of a headache.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    shmehhhhh

You get something for getting all the masks right

Otherwise some of these seem sort of like a waste of time

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    You get one final real real good mask

6F32U1X.png
    Ok cool thanks

edited April 2015
    Yeah you get the Curb Stomp mask.

Goatmon on

I get to be Seth Rollins?

These moon dungeons are going to cause me to have a goddamn stroke

These moon dungeons are going to cause me to have a goddamn stroke

Tip for the Goron one
    The Part at the start, where you're bouncing around? Don't bother steering for that part. Long as you start right, you'll make all the bounces, and any attempt to steer is liable to screw you up.

This discussion has been closed.