As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV]I want a Sandwich, I Make a Sandwich, I Eat the Sandwich

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited December 2014 in Social Entropy++
It's fall! Shows have to returned!

Sleepy Hollow! Brooklyn 99! New Girl! Modern Family! Arrow!

There's new shows too!

Mulaney -???
Gotham - It's not good!
Red Band Society - Awful title.
Blackish - it's supposed to be decent
How to get Away With Murder - Probably mediocre
The Mysteries of Laura - no thanks
A to Z - I want it to be good
The Flash - Maybe?
Marry Me - Ken Marino is the best

Other shows...

The Knick is apparently really good despite being on Cinemax

Walking Dead returns soon and I know I'm going to watch it even though it's been terrible.

My wife watches Extant which might be the stupidest shown I've ever seen.

Telly!

Raijin Quickfoot on

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Rachel and I have two episodes left of Hannibal.

And then we have to wait till February!

It makes me so mad I want to murder someone and put their remains on a grotesque yet beautiful display!!!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Watching Hannibal while pregnant leads to really classy and cultured babies.

That might eat people.

It's a risk worth taking.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    People didn't like Gotham? I liked Gotham. Heck with people.

Also, Forever. But that one I can understand if people don't like.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Also Blackish is awful. But maybe its not for me

Goose! on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Brooklyn Nine Nine is back tonight?

YESSSSSSSS

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Gotham was terrrrrrrrible

• Options
    Has anyone else watched Extant? I've seen most of it because my wife watches it and she tends to stick with any show regardless of how bad it is.

It's so stupid.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    People didn't like Gotham? I liked Gotham. Heck with people.

Also, Forever. But that one I can understand if people don't like.

Really? Gotham has potential but that pilot was just awful. I'm going to give it 3 more episodes. That's one more than I usually give a show but it's Batman themed so it gets an extra chance

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    So I caught how to get away with murder.
    I don't know if I will watch the second episode. I liked the main part of the show, but the meta plot?
    with the murder
    Was really kind of. ... Non engaging. Like, I really don't care to find out the story behind it. Maybe it develops better later, but the whole oooooo mystery thing was lame.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    I've got 3 new shows on my DVR to watch. HTGAWM, Blackish, and The Mysteries of Laura.

That last one is for my wife. I have never really enjoyed Debra Messing.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Everyone quit posting and watch The Knick galldurnit

The latest episode is stunning. Stunning!

• Options
    If I have HBO do I get the Cinemax streaming service?

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    I watched (the 40th season premiere of) SNL last night and it made me sad for Don Pardo not to be doing the opening.

Speaking of Once Upon a Time (which, yes, I have ready to Tivo tonight)...did anyone watch Once Upon a Time in Wonderland? Because I just finished catching up on it. And I can't believe what a turnaround (for the better) the show takes. After the first few episodes, I was like "Yeah, I understand why this got canceled. This story is not hooking me and I don't like this character or this character and this one is just dull and I know it's Wonderland but this is all just a bit too cartoony."

And then during the latter part of the season it was actually kind of exciting and I liked almost everyone, and when the finale was over it was like, huh, that was actually really satisfying. It was such an unexpected feeling to have based on my early opinion of the show.

• Options
    If I have HBO do I get the Cinemax streaming service?

I apparently do not.

• Options
    Is Agents of SHIELD season 1 available for streaming anywhere yet? I want to watch the new season but need to catch up.

• Options
    I suppose ABC has a streaming service, right?

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    SNL was unfortunately not that great last night. I liked the He-Man and Lion-o sketch, and the NFL introductions sketch, and I think that was it?

• Options
    Also a bird apparently landed on The Weeknd's head:

screen-shot-2014-09-28-at-1-30-25-am.png?w=807

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I did not think ouat in wonderland was very good

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Is Agents of SHIELD season 1 available for streaming anywhere yet? I want to watch the new season but need to catch up.

It's on Hulu+, but only if you're watching on a desktop for some reason.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

I mean, it was a Once Upon A Time spin-off, was there any doubt?

• Options

It's on Hulu+, but only if you're watching on a desktop for some reason.

Not true, at least not anymore.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Weird, it was there last week.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Can't wait to be incredibly frustrated with Mulaney!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »

I mean, it was a Once Upon A Time spin-off, was there any doubt?
    IMO it started off very definitely worse that the parent show, but at the end I think it was actually better in a lot of ways, or at least more satisfying. I think it really helped that they were ultimately bound to a limited 13-episode run, and were able to tell a pretty complete story with a explicit conclusion and some well-defined character arcs.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    hey speaking of The Knick!

I'm Watchin' My Stories: The Knick (1-6) and Awake (1-4)
    Episode 4 is UP! We cover the first six episodes of medical gross-out drama The Knick and furrow our brows at the first four episodes of Awake.

Subscribe here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ImWatchinMyStories

or do a direct download here:
    http://imwatchinmystories.libsyn.com/the-knick-1-6-and-awake-1-4

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Can't wait to be incredibly frustrated with Mulaney!

The promos have looked terrible, and I loved his stand up special so its been a bummer. Hopefully the show is at least halfway good.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Mulaney looks like it is trying to be Seinfeld so hard it hurts me

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    The bummer is that John Mulaney is actually super funny

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The Salt and Pepper Diner bit is maybe the single funniest stand-up bit I've ever seen

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    If Mulaney ends up being bad, I'll just listen to The Top Part once a week instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYIwPu50Fic

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Apropos of nothing, I'm flashing back to Boston Legal and getting angry, send help.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I'm turning into that person that covers their ears and closes their eyes when an ad for this week's episode come on

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    The Salt and Pepper Diner bit is maybe the single funniest stand-up bit I've ever seen

Yeah. Both of his albums are amazing.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    If Mulaney was just a regular old shitty show, that'd be whatever

But it's a seemingly shitty show from one of the greatest modern stand-ups and that is basically a tragedy

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    oh my god you guys

The Knick episode 7 doesn't just step on the gas

it steps on the gas, drives that car into a giant gas pedal for another, humongous car, and drives the humongous car into the fireworks factory while an electric guitar shreds in the background

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    even when they showed mulanys stand up for an ad it was some lame "women are like this" joke.

the show looks so bad. so bad

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    I never got around to OUAT in Wonderland, but I'm not exactly surprised it wasn't well-received

However Naveen Andrews as Jafar is fucking inspired

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Speaking of, OUAT comes back tonight at 8/7c. I'm a lot more excited than I probably should be, given the fact that I've never seen Frozen, but whatyagonnado.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Speaking of, OUAT comes back tonight at 8/7c. I'm a lot more excited than I probably should be, given the fact that I've never seen Frozen, but whatyagonnado.

...Not watch once upon a time?

This discussion has been closed.