As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] So much fun you could burst a blood vessel

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    I played a game of Support Viktor/Ezreal vs Nami/Jinx yesterday.

We absolutely crushed in lane (auto, Q, Auto with blue trinket is really strong level 1, and getting level 2 on two immobile champions with Vik is punishing) but lost the game overall because Ryze could not contain Syndra roam

Syndra roam is true terror. It's like akali roam but much less vulnerable. orb + E + W + R dead. Repeat in 40 seconds.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    To everyone stuck in silver. I made it out. You can make it out. It took patience more than anything else.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    How to get out of silver: Become a better player.

This might require quite a lot of time/effort though.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    patience is the most underrated skill in laddering

see: every post venting about A Game With A Bad Player

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Right now is a genuinely terrible time to try getting out of silver. Better to wait for a month or so after the reset.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Right now is a genuinely terrible time to try getting out of silver. Better to wait for a month or so after the reset.

but then i don't get the SKIIIIIIN

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Heh, Sneaky is spamming Sivir games on his stream. Maybe somehow this will percolate into the general League consciousness and people will stop hating on her as an ADC pick?
    In general, Sneaky's stream is pretty fun to watch. He's chill.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    people hate on everything, I wouldn't be too concerned

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

I've been on a hot streak today; I think adjusting to play champions that exploit other people being terrible and / or paper over weaknesses has worked out at last...

and I broke out Blitz for the first time in a while after rolling some dudes with him in Hexakill the other day and finding out I could still hook.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I've been loving watching Cowsep play jungle TF. I may totes give it a shot in the new jungle of season 5. An AD jungler that can pop out with a 2 second stun and pretty standard autoattack damage, with extra attack speed, seems really stronk.

And his map presence is absurd.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I've been loving watching Cowsep play jungle TF. I may totes give it a shot in the new jungle of season 5. An AD jungler that can pop out with a 2 second stun and pretty standard autoattack damage, with extra attack speed, seems really stronk.

I think it could work as a counter pick, or if the opposing jungler isn't strong early. But I think you're setting setting yourself up for failure if you try to take TF, and they grab Udyr/Lee/Elise. They are going to invade you so hard, and if your gold card is ever down, you're basically dead.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Cowsep is probably smurfing. He has a habit of doing that because he likes to play bad champions and ends up faltering as he approaches what he thinks his ELO should be

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Cowsep is probably smurfing. He has a habit of doing that because he likes to play bad champions and ends up faltering as he approaches what he thinks his ELO should be

I mean, I think it could work in very specific circumstances.

Opponent takes WW or Panth. Probably fine.

Opponent takes Lee Sin? You'll be 0-3 before you reach level 6.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Lee Sin has been in all of the last 20 non hexakill games I've been in

hate you lee sin

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Lee Sin has been in all of the last 20 non hexakill games I've been in

hate you lee sin

For me it's Yi and Kata.

And once the team co-ordinate their CC to stop them in their tracks and burst them down, it is GLORIOUS.

OH WAIT YOU SAID NON-HEXAKILL. Carry on.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Holy mother of god, just played a game on a buddys acc to try and get him to gold.

You really shouldn't do this and I recommend you stop.

They ban people for doing this.

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »
    Holy mother of god, just played a game on a buddys acc to try and get him to gold.

Yeah I know, but unless you go and tell them how are they gonna find out?

It's not like I'm trying to get him from b5 to g5, it's just getting to promos in S1 which is like 5 wins +3 for promo.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

It's not like I'm trying to get him from b5 to g5, it's just getting to promos in S1 which is like 5 wins +3 for promo.

Statistics. It kind of does that.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

If I was challenger and played his acc in silver then yeah sure you would be able to see a big spike in the statistics. But as it is I hardly think you will notice it, he's not bad he just can't be arsed to play ranked.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    So this might be concept art of the next champion.
    535914_362461353927203_3559444862555124168_n.jpg?oh=dba8843330f1bab8304c1e60b84a8533&oe=54AF1AC2

Looks pretty meh as a design, if so.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    isn't that reaper soraka?

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »

I think it could work as a counter pick, or if the opposing jungler isn't strong early. But I think you're setting setting yourself up for failure if you try to take TF, and they grab Udyr/Lee/Elise. They are going to invade you so hard, and if your gold card is ever down, you're basically dead.
    My premade thinks Udyr is a shit champion : (

But they also always want all ganks all the time to win their lane for them and I cannot tell you the amount of times people get first blooded to a level 3 gank in mid soooooo

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    isn't that reaper soraka?

no

LUXDtdg.jpg

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Aphromoo and his ranked 5s bros are running a full support team right now. Their ranked 5s antics have been pretty fun to watch over the past few days (they seem to play at night--past midnight EST--mostly).

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

But they also always want all ganks all the time to win their lane for them and I cannot tell you the amount of times people get first blooded to a level 3 gank in mid soooooo

In the context of a premade he kind of is. There are enough good splitpushers to run in mid or top that there's no good reason to run one from the jungle if it means sacrificing ganks.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    That golem picked the wrong girl to get into a punch-off with.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    CesareB wrote: »

In the context of a premade he kind of is. There are enough good splitpushers to run in mid or top that there's no good reason to run one from the jungle if it means sacrificing ganks.
    It's not as if Udyr is a complete garbage ganker and he provides strong counterjungle pressure, nor is he useless in a teamfight. Splitpushing isn't the only thing he does, even if he does that well.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Sirhcez and Trick2g do quite a bit of duoing as Nasus and Udyr. They have never lost a split push.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Sirhcez and Trick2g do quite a bit of duoing as Nasus and Udyr. They have never lost a split push.

that is yoloqueue, though

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular

If I was challenger and played his acc in silver then yeah sure you would be able to see a big spike in the statistics. But as it is I hardly think you will notice it, he's not bad he just can't be arsed to play ranked.

Its his account and your own account your risking, so as long as you know the risks.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    CesareB wrote: »
    That golem picked the wrong girl to get into a punch-off with.

Ahri was cut from that =\
    bbviahri-banner_0.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Just like she was cut from mid

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Maybe she wasn't cut. Maybe she lost the punch off.

Happy Harrowing LoL Thread.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options

Also IP connectivity logs are kinda a huge sign.

• Options

Udyr is an excellent champion in VERY specific comps.

All he needs are the following conditions:

1) You have someone with an engage tool. Doesn't matter who. Can be blitz, annie, galio, etc. You just want at least one person who can start fights so you don't have to burn your flash running towards the opposing team.

2) You need to be against a jungler that cannot out-duel you. Right now I think that's only Elise/Lee early. But J4 might be another. Other than that its your rodeo.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I don't think Lee even outduels Udyr any more now that they nerfed Lee so much. He's still gnarly of course, but I think losing his attack speed debuff made it so Udyr can just 1v1 him now. I don't think J4 could either, but I haven't played that matchup much.

• Options

Its his account and your own account your risking, so as long as you know the risks.

And honestly I don't really care, as long as this game got champs like Riven it's not even close to be as fun as it used to be so not a big lose.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Riven's been in the game for like 3 years, and if you ask me, the game's only gotten better in those 3 years. And come on, Riven is a fun champ. I get wanting her nerfed back when her ult had no cooldown and she had a ton of base HP/5, making it super hard to lane against her, but she hasn't been hard to deal with since like January 2013 when they first started wrecking her HP regen.

I want league to have more champs like Riven, not fewer.

• Options
    Release date 2011-09-14 The day fun in league died.

If Riot actually could do balance then yeah sure keep her.

And we have talked about this befor no point in doing it again.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.