As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]"Who's knocking on my door like the police?"

• Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Ronda is a master at breaking arms.

Its like shes studied all the ways arms can and can't bend and knows exactly how to fuck them up because that was some weird improvised shit on the fly.

///edit\\\

Also, does anybody else think that Koscheck hasn't aged very well? The guy's face just looks like a catcher's mitt. It reminds me of when Kramer was smoking too many cigars on Seinfeld and his face turned all brown and wrinkly.

https://media.giphy.com/media/iHoXMAl2Qt6ve/giphy.gif

Dangerbird on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    did someone link the prefight interview with her after her training session?

it looked like she was the only lady that actually trained in front of fans instead of just shadow boxing or whatever

also she called out that ring girl for complaining about her salary ha

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    Ronda is a master at breaking arms.

Its like shes studied all the ways arms can and can't bend and knows exactly how to fuck them up because that was some weird improvised shit on the fly.

///edit\\\

Also, does anybody else think that Koscheck hasn't aged very well? The guy's face just looks like a catcher's mitt. It reminds me of when Kramer was smoking too many cigars on Seinfeld and his face turned all brown and wrinkly.

https://media.giphy.com/media/iHoXMAl2Qt6ve/giphy.gif

I guess when you go five rounds getting your face piston jabbed every 3 seconds till your orbital breaks, something's gotta give.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Not that anyone really cares at this point, but Bellator has begun legal action to keep Rampage from fighting for the UFC.

Also, Burt Watson has decided to part ways with the UFC.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    ExileExile Registered User regular
    Not that anyone really cares at this point, but Bellator has begun legal action to keep Rampage from fighting for the UFC.
    I'm no expert but from what I've read. Bellator didn't live up to the terms of the contract. And there was a clause that he could get out if they didn't remedy it. They didn't, so he can tell them to pound sand. And he did.

I'm going to need a new Gun. Also one for the police girl.
    But I already have a gun.
    Get that bitch a cannon. Bitches love cannons.
  • Options
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Was browsing imgur and saw some MMA

http://imgur.com/gallery/xH5K9KB

Excellent face off tehcnique.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Oh glorious glorious shadenfreude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCWuJk1F0YU

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Also, Burt Watson has decided to part ways with the UFC.
    Decided to part ways or forced out, you decide.

-FrontRowBrian 13m13 minutes ago
    UPDATE regarding @BurtWatson4real. Burt got into an argument with a member of Ronda's entourage.

-FrontRowBrian 13m13 minutes ago
    When Dana was made aware of argument between Burt &the member of Ronda's entourage, Dana sided with Team Rousey. Burt was insulted and quit

-FrontRowBrian 7m
    I was told by 1 source that Ronda is the only 1 they'd cross Burt for. Burt took a lot of pride in what he did &didn't like to be questioned

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Man, I'm surprised anyone has the energy to care about this enough to quote twitter.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    its ok he'll be working for bellator in about a week

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I mean not to be a hater

But as far as ive been ever able tell his job was to walk behind the fighter and go, "This is what we do and why we do it!"

I mean, I'm sure the man had other responsibilities...

But that was definitely high on the list!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq3hr2KMC28

Conor's style of playing Rock 'Em Sock 'Em is the same as his actual fighting style!

• Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    I mean not to be a hater

But as far as ive been ever able tell his job was to walk behind the fighter and go, "This is what we do and why we do it!"

I mean, I'm sure the man had other responsibilities...

But that was definitely high on the list!

Read this, Stitch talked a bit about it and they have it here.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/450576/Burt-Watson-confirms-exit-from-UFC/

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    Mark Munoz is fighting Luke Barnatt on May 16th and is hanging it up afterwards, win or lose. I've always heard that Mark is one of the nicest guys in the sport and is also a great coach, so I hope he can at least leave on a win.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/10/8181303/mark-munoz-meets-luke-barnatt-in-manila-says-he-will-retire-after-bout

In other news, Fedor isn't a fan of women's MMA. He thinks they should stick to sports where "women look like women", whatever that means.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/03/fedor-emelianenko-on-female-fighters-mma-is-for-men-its-a-man-sport

Also thinks they should be "domestic goddesses", something which MMA does not help them achieve.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/6/4/5778932/mma-news-fedor-emelianenko-womens-mma-against

• Options
    Fedora Emelianenko.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    That's surprising to me, I wonder if he feels the same way about women in sambo and judo?

mvaYcgc.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.gofundme.com/SaveTheHammer

"First UFC Heavyweight Champion, Hall of Famer and "The God Father of Ground and Pound" Mark "The Hammer" Coleman's retirement from the sport he loved and gave us so many memories has not been very nice to him as of yet. Mark had a hip replacement in 2013 and after surgery was named Wrestling Coach for Team Penn on Season 19 The Ultimate Fighter. After filming and returning home his hip popped out several times and pain began on the other side. He has struggled with and lived with the pain for well over a year and became very ill a couple weeks ago. He was taken to hospital doctor checked him out and had to stay for four days on antibiotics, when released he went to see hip doctor again and scheduled to have surgery on March 9th, only to discover while open on operating table he was full of infection and very close to being septic and lucky to have caught this! He is currently in hospitalized with a plastic hip until full surgery can be perofrmed in April. Mark currently has no income. His insurance is about to end, and we are currently looking into disability. I am looking to raise funds to help his cost of living, doctor bills, medication, and make up what he will lose in the next few months in appearances he will miss. Anything will help and thank you dearly! God Bless!"

Sad. Really really sad.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

• Options
    Oh man, poor Coleman.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    eEK!eEK! Registered User regular
    In other news, Fedor isn't a fan of women's MMA. He thinks they should stick to sports where "women look like women", whatever that means.

Also thinks they should be "domestic goddesses", something which MMA does not help them achieve.

Fedor is just really dumb, only it took a awhile to notice cos of the language barrier.

• Options
    I don't exactly know how Russian Orthodox men think (in general). Perhaps his thinking is also a product of his environment.

To be fair, he said that women who compete in things like Judo and represent for their countries in the Olympics are cool with him. It seems like he draws the line at striking combat sports.

• Options

• Options
    bonnee ssaawwwwww

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    I dunno man, that Phoenix Jones guy seems like a dumbass to me.

And I guess Geth likes vigilantes or something...

• Options
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    I dunno man, that Phoenix Jones guy seems like a dumbass to me.

And I guess Geth likes vigilantes or something...

Sure, but in this case, I'm all for it! Woohoo, consensual violence!

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    how far is west lynn from seattle.....
    needs some mutual combat action with the american gangster

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    You posted the documentary video, but failed to point out that he was just signed to WSOF? (I didn't watch the video, so if it is in there, oops)

Ben "Phoenix Jones" Fodor will fight for WSOF soon.

I think that's awesome.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    i wonder if his contract says anything about him taking up mutual combat offers on the street

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    To be fair he's fighting dudes in seattle, so you know overweight fedoras in sea hawks jerseys for players who aren't on the team anymore.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    YONNA

YUNJAYCHICK

You're welcome.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    haha oh man. love cowboy

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Haha! Got in just in time for the Nelson bet! After the weigh in Nelson's the favourite! MONEY! Tripple money, even. One of the best kinds.

But, now Cruickshank is no longer the favourite. Eeeeeeek!

I might want to drop a few Denmark dollars on the Polska with the unpronounceable name, because crafty strikers from Europe are my favourite things. Not much though. Carla probably takes this via decision.

There's no way I'm ever going against Johnny Hendricks in a three round fight against a scrappy striker who moves forward a lot, but there's also no way I want to bet against Matt Brown. Sitting that one out.

I parlayed the rest of the gimme gimme fights, so I stand to win a few.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Fights are live, guys!

---

Also, now that there are ads everywhere for UFC rewards, I decided to sign up and see what I could get. It's pretty easy to get points as long as you are a fightpass subscriber and/or get PPVs a lot.

I pulled in 1k points from just the first login and bonus points for making your profile. Most of the good prizes start at 4k points (signed gloves, etc etc) but there is a free month of Fight Pass for 1k. So, free $10 for me!

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    De Randime looked lost and outclassed in her other MMA fights for the UFC so I picked against her, but she's beating the hell out of Pacheco.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    So, if you are an aspiring MMA fighter and you go up against someone who is a great kickboxer, but hasn't shown that she has any real MMA flexibility, DO NOT STAND AT RANGE TO STRIKE.

All you need to do is learn some basic wrestling. Argh.

Edit: Next up, Joseph Duffy, the last guy to beat McGregor!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    It was like I could see KAPOWs and BOOMs coming out of the skull of the Brazilian at the End.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Duffy fucking destroyed that TUF kid. D:

Edit: Joe dropping Cris Cyborg shoutouts left and right, asking for a 145lb weight class in the UFC for ladies.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yes! Head kick to body shots! I love it.

Edit: Joe's been ranting hard about Cyborg lately.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.