As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]"Who's knocking on my door like the police?"

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Split dezcision? Lolz

Wtf. Who challenges a guy to a fight after pummelling them for 3 rounds.

Oh... tito.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Bonnar was hilarious in his loss. Tito justacted li ke a dick. Booo

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    Turdburgers.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Hunto Got Punto In The Fronto

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    well

I looked at pictures I shouldn't have

If you want to uh know what the goopy bloody inside of an ear looks like

Leslie Smith is happy to teach you

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    The lesson, never have hopes or dreams.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Putting on my boots and walking to Stockholm right now. I figure once I get there I'll kill and skin someone to sneak in undetected. This is what all those years of desensitising myself to violence through video games were for.

i like that in this post @Peter Ebel‌ never mentioned actually getting a ticket.

Stay Scandinavian friend. <3

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    failed to whoo after chop
    minus one point

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/txPQMKC5Y-Q

This is pretty cool

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

• Options

• Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    Do it Chessboxing! DOOO EEEET!!

Btw, anybody who understands Korean able to translate this? Bing didn't do a very good job:

B2qk4LbCQAAm5iA.png:large

• Options

yessss
    caralho!
    if anyone other than Renato comes out of that tunnel to challenge magalhaes, I'll be very disappointed

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    So, Gabi Garcia lost a little bit of weight.

Just a little.

http://imgur.com/ZJXvSr8

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
  • Options
    I would watch that
    this is how cain loses his title when he comes back

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    krapst78krapst78 Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    Do it Chessboxing! DOOO EEEET!!

Btw, anybody who understands Korean able to translate this? Bing didn't do a very good job:

B2qk4LbCQAAm5iA.png:large

Hahaha Bing translate for Korean is total rubbish. His message basically says that his love for his newborn baby grows greater each day.

In other Korean MMA news, "Korean Superboy" Doo Ho Choi will make is UFC debut this weekend as the curtain jerker on the Edgar vs Swanson card. He's arguably the top prospect out of Korea right now and has a fearless fighting style, similar to the old Korean Zombie. He was also a really nice guy when he stopped by our gym last month.

ChoiDooHo_zps350686db.jpg
    Here's a highlight reel of his matches in Japan.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW3NtW1O9-M

krapst78 on
    Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father prepare to die!
    Looking for a Hardcore Fantasy Extraction Shooter? - Dark and Darker
  • Options
    Man some nasty KOs in his highlight reel, will def watch for him. It always makes me a fan right away when people have worked with the fighter and had a real positive experience meeting them.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/watchdogreports/Milwaukee-kickboxer-Dennis-Munson-Jr-dies-following-cascade-of-errors-by-fight-officials-b99356847z1-280084622.html

This has been a big story lately. Pat Barry and Thug Rose have been very vocal about it and people have been coming out of the woodwork with horror stories about Duke Roufus' gym.

http://youtu.be/CaK-rBBMd6Q

Its a very important story and I could see it causing changes in the way local shows are handled.

Chessboxing909 on

• Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    I couldn't stomach watching that video all the way through, which was basically the final moments of somebody's life.

What is up with asshole trainers? First Lloyd Irvin, and now this? I'm curious to hear what guys like the Pettis bros. and Erik Koch have to say about this.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Eric Schafer, former head grappling coach at Roufus Sport confirms the stories of Duke being an angry fellow. Duke pretty much said as much himself on Rogan's podcast. He runs a hard gym with the intention of making people quit. He got fucking twinkles in his eyes when he talked about Pettis fighting with a dislocated shoulder early in his career. I can see how a head coach with that attitude could lead to a gym culture that lets people die in the ring.

The other important aspects of this matter are that the doctor at the show seems to have been a fucking quack who trains at Roufus Sport, weigh ins on the day of the fight and no prior medical examinations for the fighters.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Ugh damn. I couldn't watch it once his corner man started forcing him to sit up and pinning him against the corner. Alpha male testosterone bullshit. Ugh.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It's horrible man but it's important. Shit like this is still out there and while there's tons of very high level gyms that are very respectable these kinda spots are still out there. I know some big name fighters that have hit people outside the ring and outside of training, intentionally hurt guys in training (pretty badly) and there's gyms that just push this old school mentality, they teach their guys to be mean a hell in an out of the ring, to fight dirty and to act like colossal d-bags outside the ring. Stuffs out there, it's terrible for the sport and it's gotta stop.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Kelvin Gastelum is fighting Tyrone Woodley on Jan 31st. Awesome. Rampage is regretting his decision to go to Bellator, no surprise there, and Brock Lesnar's contract with the WWE is in march and sounds like we'll see him back in the UFC. So Frank Mir and Overeem have hope for that down the road.

Oh and celebrate the holidays with this freaking amazing gear.

http://www.projectcauliflowerear.com/ugly-xmas-gear/

Chessboxing909 on

• Options
    Oh and Erik Koch defended Duke Roufus big time. On the other hand Eric Schafer just went off. Big time.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/11/18/7239971/ufc--erik-koch-defends-duke-roufus-dennis-munson-death

• Options
    I just realized that it's been 6 years since I was last inside of a cage. That's incredibly depressing especially considering how out of shape I've become.

What is the MMA for olds ?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just realized that it's been 6 years since I was last inside of a cage. That's incredibly depressing especially considering how out of shape I've become.

What is the MMA for olds ?

BJJ. Old dudes compete on the regular.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    . . .

i was only good at being really fast and creative. great BJJ defense just to stand back up.

it was ground and pound + defense then disengage to stand back up where I could be more clever

sigh. i think i need to let it go.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    . . .

i was only good at being really fast and creative. great BJJ defense just to stand back up.

it was ground and pound + defense then disengage to stand back up where I could be more clever

Dude, fuck that. Stay involved in the sport, go find a BJJ school and just go roll, learn some new tricks. Or do some thai, boxing or MMA classes and help some of the new guys out man. Could always keep fighting too, could do some kickboxing, thai or boxing fights. Just stay involved in the sport somehow, even if you aren't going to fight and you can't spar or roll like you used to you can help a fight team and have a big impact in a gym.

• Options
    . . .

Dude, fuck that. Stay involved in the sport, go find a BJJ school and just go roll, learn some new tricks. Or do some thai, boxing or MMA classes and help some of the new guys out man. Could always keep fighting too, could do some kickboxing, thai or boxing fights. Just stay involved in the sport somehow, even if you aren't going to fight and you can't spar or roll like you used to you can help a fight team and have a big impact in a gym.

i'm going to be 27 soon. I competed at 145. I weigh nearly 245 now.

I can't hop back in. But I appreciate the encouragement.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    . . .

I'm 34 years old, bi-polar and smoked for 13 years. You can still get involved again man. If you can throw one punch, even if it's a shit punch, or shrimp one time you can train, just gotta build on that and force yourself to work through it, you could get better then you were in your prime if you work at it. You have experience, there's people out there that could benefit from having ya around, training's the best way to get healthy and could save your life plus you'd get to choke some fools and meet some cool people. This shit saved my life man, I can't even tell you. Anyone who has even the slightest interest in this shit, regardless of physical condition, should train. I've seen people lose over a hundred pounds, a guy cut his cholesterol in half when his doctor basically told him he was fucked and a whole ton of people better their lives. Hell, I ended up standing up in the guy I met and worked with my first day there's wedding. It's not about fighting man, it's about self improvement and living a better life, get back into it. If anyone's on the fence, find a good reputable non-jackass gym and go train, you won't regret it.

*edit* Shit man, that 67 year old guy I just saw get his blue belt, he wasn't like a FRESH 67, that guy looked like he was straight out of the retirement home and he was still going. And he was no joke, he knew his shit, he won't be winning any competitions anytime soon here but he's having fun he's healthier by training and if somebody's beating someone up he could hop on their back and choke them the fuck out while coughing dust in their ear.

Chessboxing909 on

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    . . .

I'm 34 years old, bi-polar and smoked for 13 years. You can still get involved again man. If you can throw one punch, even if it's a shit punch, or shrimp one time you can train, just gotta build on that and force yourself to work through it, you could get better then you were in your prime if you work at it. You have experience, there's people out there that could benefit from having ya around, training's the best way to get healthy and could save your life plus you'd get to choke some fools and meet some cool people. This shit saved my life man, I can't even tell you. Anyone who has even the slightest interest in this shit, regardless of physical condition, should train. I've seen people lose over a hundred pounds, a guy cut his cholesterol in half when his doctor basically told him he was fucked and a whole ton of people better their lives. Hell, I ended up standing up in the guy I met and worked with my first day there's wedding. It's not about fighting man, it's about self improvement and living a better life, get back into it. If anyone's on the fence, find a good reputable non-jackass gym and go train, you won't regret it.

*edit* Shit man, that 67 year old guy I just saw get his blue belt, he wasn't like a FRESH 67, that guy looked like he was straight out of the retirement home and he was still going. And he was no joke, he knew his shit, he won't be winning any competitions anytime soon here but he's having fun he's healthier by training and if somebody's beating someone up he could hop on their back and choke them the fuck out while coughing dust in their ear.

This. 1000x this. There is a guy in my gym in his 50's who just woke up one morning and decided he wanted to start doing strength exercises and muay thai. He was out of shape and ate like shit and hadn't exercised in years, and it was hard for him. But, he put in the time, and he's down to something like 12% body fat, and he gets through our conditioning circuits in about 2/3 of the time it takes me.

It's never too late. In fact, at 27, you probably still have a metabolism that will let you bounce back from 245. You'll have to eat clean and put in the time at the gym, but you can do it. It's only going to get harder the older you get.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Shoot, at 27 you don't even have to eat that well (though it sure helps)

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    rampage-jackson-ufc-devil-you-know.png
    bahahahaah

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/0kQ23vQg3yw

I freaking love Renzo, I gotta meet this guy some day. I have a list of names I want to meet and learn from someday and he's definitely top 3.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    They've been doing this choke in Brazil since 1921. Helio invented it when he was 8 during recess.

http://youtu.be/nofF05WcRt0

Chessboxing909 on

• Options
    Oh also this is freaking amazing.

f1yaiig3tjug.jpg

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    . . .

Dude... that's not even close to being old.

If you don't get back into it has nothing to do with not be able to or being too old.

It's just simply you chose not to.

DemonStacey on
  • Options