As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Football - Super Bowl XLII

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    BubbaT wrote: »
    So where do the Patriots end up among the Most Overrated Teams Ever?

And I look forward to Belichick waiting until 2 days before the 2008 season starts before he suddenly cuts Seau, Bruschi, Vrabel and Harrison.

Look, you can call the Patriots a lot of things, but this season they weren't overrated. They were a damn good team that got outplayed.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    Jragghen wrote: »

And I look forward to Belichick waiting until 2 days before the 2008 season starts before he suddenly cuts Seau, Bruschi, Vrabel and Harrison.

Look, you can call the Patriots a lot of things, but this season they weren't overrated. They were a damn good team that got outplayed.

*scrolls back to college football discussion*

*rewatches BCS game*

*laughs*

Medopine on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Oh please. I could do 19-0 in the AFC by myself.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

People were calling them the best team ever, and a PERFECT team.

Patriots remind me of the last team to be so grossly overrated - the USC Trojan team that lost to Vince Young and Texas. That chorus was being led by ESPN as well. That team also had several close calls that should have been huge warning signs about how the team was being over-fellated. That team also had a QB who was semmingly more interested in being a celebrity than playing QB.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Drez on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

People were calling them the best team ever, and a PERFECT team.

Patriots remind me of the last team to be so grossly overrated - the USC Trojan team that lost to Vince Young and Texas. That chorus was being led by ESPN as well. That team also had several close calls that should have been huge warning signs about how the team was being over-fellated. That team also had a QB who was semmingly more interested in being a celebrity than playing QB.

I still don't see how you can say that the Pats were grossly overrated. You're doing to the same extremities that stupid sportswriters say when a team is a sure-lock or its a must-win game. The Giants D had an amazing game that won it for them. The Patriots still had an amazing season (and I'll even go out on a limb and say it was more impressive than the Dolphins' one).

Furthermore, I agree making Eli MVP was crap. Give it to the whole D line of the Giants, or barring that, at least give it to Strahan if you really need a media personality to win it.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I'm linking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFfobQftP5k again because it is so awesome.

Medopine on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2008
    I collect tomorrow on my bets. Oh yeah.

$20!

And that's an awesome video.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    KingAgamemnonKingAgamemnon Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Drez wrote: »

Oh please. I could do 19-0 in the AFC by myself.

You're kidding right? The AFC was so much better than the NFC.

ADDED: Yeah, I can't detect sarcasm.

KingAgamemnon on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So who else is looking forward to seeing Brady and Moss in the Pro Bowl?

Oh. Nevermind, they've both dropped out. No statements have been issued as to why.

You stay classy New England.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Is Favre playing? I didn't see anything about whether he was gonna go or not.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'd say Brady has a reason, as he has the ankle thing, the sacks thing and the Giselle thing. What does Randy have? Other than a legal thing, I guess.

Pb on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Pb wrote: »
    I'd say Brady has a reason, as he has the ankle thing, the sacks thing and the Giselle thing. What does Randy have? Other than a legal thing, I guess.

Nah, it's just that a weekend in Hawaii would cut into his quality, mind-erasing, memory-blanking ganja smoking in an attempt to remove Super Bowl XLII from his mind.

That and he has an appointment to get his corn-rows redone.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    eli+fuck+it.jpg

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So who else is looking forward to seeing Brady and Moss in the Pro Bowl?

Oh. Nevermind, they've both dropped out. No statements have been issued as to why.

You stay classy New England.

wow really?

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Pb wrote: »

He could still make it there, there's more than one QB for the AFC afterall.

Who knows why though. Maybe Randy has charity work that day?

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    People give a shit about the Pro Bowl?

So they're pissed cause they lost the super bowl and they don't want to go to some glorified media event. Good for them.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Dyscord wrote: »

So they're pissed cause they lost the super bowl and they don't want to go to some glorified media event. Good for them.

It's a bitch move. unless they need the time to cry about it.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited February 2008

You know who stay home and cry in their beds about shit?

Whiners.

Get the fuck up, get out there and go to the pro-bowl like the other Patriot players going.

Kagera on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The pro bowl itself is a bitch move.

I mean, fine, they're whiners. Whatever. Holding skipping the pro bowl against someone is petty.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited February 2008

I mean, fine, they're whiners. Whatever. Holding skipping the pro bowl against someone is petty.

Not really, not when it's a team so full of themselves they can't face their peers because they're butthurt from losing.

What, like they're the only team to be upset in a Super Bowl? Please, you think Jim Kelly would have turned down a pro bowl appearance after 4 Super Bowl loses? You think Jerry Rice would say 'sorry can't go' if the 49ers had lost to Cincy?

It's just further proof they (Randy especially) are punks.

Kagera on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Skipping out on the fan-service bowl is petty. Calling somebody on their petty actions is not petty.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    chasm wrote: »
    eli+fuck+it.jpg

I like that, but there's a little bit too much going on.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    strakha_7strakha_7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Variable wrote: »

Favre dropped out too after the NFC championship.

strakha_7 on
    Want a signature? Find a post by ElJeffe and quote a random sentence!
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Zero tolerance policies are almost invariably terrible.

One might say I have zero tolerance for them.
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    strakha_7 wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »

Favre dropped out too after the NFC championship.

Did he? I was worried he would. Then again, I believe he hasn't attended the pro bowl in a while. A lot of players just don't care about it.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    I think I'll read TMQB today. Hopefully the fucker doesn't use too much copy and paste this time around.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    I think I'll read TMQB today. Hopefully the fucker doesn't use too much copy and paste this time around.
    I stopped reading him about halfway through the season. I was sick and tired of the same spiel about ZOMG SPYGATE and how the Patriots should be drawn and quartered every fucking week

Satan. on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    That's because you're a godless Patriots fan.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    While yes, I am a godless heathen, I'm not a Pats fan by any means. I don't care too much about pro football but I do enjoy Easterbrook's writing style. I was just sick of hearing about it week in, week out from him like they tried to gang rape his mother or something.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Satan. wrote: »
    While yes, I am a godless heathen, I'm not a Pats fan by any means. I don't care too much about pro football but I do enjoy Easterbrook's writing style. I was just sick of hearing about it week in, week out from him like they tried to gang rape his mother or something.

You underestimate the power of harping relentlessly about things. The Patriots did an underhanded thing. It stands to reason that some people will hinge on it, and maybe it's a good thing to keep reiterating how disgusting it is lest others forget.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

You underestimate the power of harping relentlessly about things. The Patriots did an underhanded thing. It stands to reason that some people will hinge on it, and maybe it's a good thing to keep reiterating how disgusting it is lest others forget.
    My disgust was gone by about week three when I realized that just about everyone does this, they just don't use a videotape all the time/get caught. *shrug* I just can't get outraged about it.

Satan. on
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    chasm wrote: »
    eli+fuck+it.jpg

I like that, but there's a little bit too much going on.

Fuck yes, KSK is awesome. :^:

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Except they may have also taped practices prior to super bowls.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

My disgust was gone by about week three when I realized that just about everyone does this, they just don't use a videotape all the time/get caught. *shrug* I just can't get outraged about it.

I couldn't care less about it, frankly. I probably care less than you. I'm just saying that when someone's caught red handed, people will bitch endlessly about. People bitch endlessly about people when they DIDN'T do something wrong, just made up bullshit propaganda and slander/libel. When someone is actually caught doing something against the moral code the majority agrees on (or the legal code the government agrees on (or both)), it's kind of silly to expect those with extreme opinions on the matter not to ride that horse to its death, past its death, and right up to Hades and Persephone smiling like a schoolgirl. Because that will always happen.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I want to redo that Manning shirt thingy with a really really goofy picture of Eli and only the words "Fuck it, I'm ending your streak."

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    That was a good reminder of why I stopped reading TMQB.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2008
    Does this, retroactively, make Vinatieri the MVP of all Pats' Super Bowls?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    I want to redo that Manning shirt thingy with a really really goofy picture of Eli and only the words "Fuck it, I'm ending your streak."
    Do it using Eli Face.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
This discussion has been closed.