As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Destiny: ¡CASA DE LOBOS! - Out May 19th

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Actually wait, I just looked up the effect of the plasma drive.

What gives sparrows that cool electric-like contrail? I want that.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    the really crazy contrails are from the sparrow you can get from Atheon, which has a super boost

the upgrades you get from Xur just make it a colored trail, it's not as crazy

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Oh, that was a waste of strange coins, then.

Ah well, I still have 49 of the damn things.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    The Xur upgrade still does give you a speed boost, which is faster than the Atheon sparrow without the super boost (which makes your sparrow explode if you overuse it)

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Tried to do 32 PoE today. WTF is up with getting teleported around the final map? Couldn't get the final boss past half way before we had to pack it in for the night. Basically had to have three bubble Titans to even get that far. Don't know how my Hunter is going to do it. Hell, I don't even know if my Titan can do it.

• Options
    The Xur upgrade still does give you a speed boost, which is faster than the Atheon sparrow without the super boost (which makes your sparrow explode if you overuse it)

Yeah, my first rare sparrow has the one with the green contrail on it.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Me and JohnHam did the level 32 PoE tonight, just us two warlocks 8-)

• Options
    heads up that there's a high chance of getting passage coins from the daily crucible. Probably worth getting at least a round in if you're planning on doing osiris

Steam ID
  • Options
    Bungie really needs to give more inventory slots to deal with all the silly materials they keep adding

Steam ID
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    The story missions were less sorry than the original campaign and Crota, at times even pretty cool.

Strike and Prison today!

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Bungie really needs to give more inventory slots to deal with all the silly materials they keep adding

"Wow, we really didn't think this through or playtest at all" is pretty much the motto of destiny.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    They gave you more materials but now you can also basically just get rid of all your shards and energy and turn them into motes of light now

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I finished the Wolves story and unlocked the prison with my Hunter. The story was very good. The Fallen are cool.

I think I'm ready for my Titan. I could go for a slight change in play style. And the Titan stuff looks amazing, the classic stuff and the weird creepy statue helmet, the feedback fence gauntlets and the peregrine greaves

• Options
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Best things in House of Wolves are "vex tech" and the strike so far. That strike was way better than I expected.

I'm glad Bungie recognizes that Vault of Glass is the coolest thing ever.

• Options
    Gunsmith sells telemetries for just glimmer and weapon parts now. Loading up on everything so I can always have one popped when turning in bounty hauls

Also special weapon ammo is way harder to come by in the crucible now. I think this is for the best, helps address the balance/map issues that would happen when everyone could have a sniper at all times. Makes me want to try a loadout with the Universal Remote shotgun in my primary slot and a Sidearm pistol in my special slot, since the pistol has a perk to always have ammo on respawn.

Steam ID
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    That side arm is fun in the crucible. It doesn't have much stickiness or auto aim, but it doesnt have much recoil

I hope its a pilot, and we get a ton of sidearms in the next expansion

• Options
    now that im light level 30, who wants to carry me in level 32 prison of elders?

• Options
    So who's all up for Osiris tonight or tomorrow?

Steam ID
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I'll do some after work tomorrow, round 830ish est.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    I'll have 6 passage coins by tomorrow which would make getting that armor more likely

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    christ, fuck treasure keys.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    christ, fuck treasure keys.

I got one yesterday, my first. I'm guessing I've done 30 of those events, though.

signature.png

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I've never seen one. One of the guys I play with had six before he even finished the story line. SIX! The hell RNG?

• Options
    You will have a much better time doing 28 PoE to get treasure keys if you want them

• Options
    Today has already been pretty shitty at work so I can no longer promise to feel like doing Trials after work

• Options
    T4CT wrote: »
    You will have a much better time doing 28 PoE to get treasure keys if you want them

Do you think it's more efficient to do that vs. Ether Key farming? Or are you just saying that it's less mind-numbing to play PoE than chest farm?

signature.png

• Options
    Ok so who's up for Osirising today?

Steam ID
  • Options
    I'm interested in Osirising at some point.

signature.png

• Options
    rough time you want to do it? I want to head to the gym at some point but other than that I can do whenever.

Who else is in?

Steam ID
  • Options
    JohnHam wrote: »

Do you think it's more efficient to do that vs. Ether Key farming? Or are you just saying that it's less mind-numbing to play PoE than chest farm?

Both, it takes me around 22 minutes to clear 28 PoE solo and you get two chests, and you can use the treasure key right away if you get one. Ether Key farming you only get multiple shots at the chest if you can make the sparrow run, and then you have to do a PoE round on top of it.

It is also more fun

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    mike underscore blais you wanna do a 32 vault later today with me

• Options

Both, it takes me around 22 minutes to clear 28 PoE solo and you get two chests, and you can use the treasure key right away if you get one. Ether Key farming you only get multiple shots at the chest if you can make the sparrow run, and then you have to do a PoE round on top of it.

It is also more fun

I got a Treasure Key in literally the first lvl 28 PoE I did after making that post.

signature.png

• Options
    rough time you want to do it? I want to head to the gym at some point but other than that I can do whenever.

Who else is in?

I'm logging on now and am likely to be around for a good while. I'm ready to go whenever we find a 3rd.

signature.png

• Options
    Is 28 PoE that easy to solo?

• Options
    28 PoE has matchmaking

Steam ID
  • Options
    It'll matchmake you for the lvl 28 one.

signature.png

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    It'll matchmake you for the lvl 28 one.

mods???

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited May 2015
    He's allowed.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    I mean, it'll send you in there by yourself if it doesn't find anyone to matchmake, which is what I assumed was meant

This discussion has been closed.