As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Marvel Heroes 2015] Cosmic Chaos - Pet and Team Up Sale

DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
edited May 2015 in Games and Technology
cdnm1jT.png
kTEDII3.png

PATCH 1.51 NOTES
CHANGES & BUG FIXES

A new recipe has been added to the G.L.F. Quartermaster that will allow you to refund a 1,000 Odin Mark level 80 Legendary item for a chest of 800 Odin Marks. This recipe requires "Trusted" rank with the G.L.F. to purchase.

Fixed an issue with Team-Up Tier 1 Away Passive tooltips not displaying the correct stat amounts.

Squirrel Saboteurs no longer detonate at point blank range while wearing the Christmas costume.

Fixed an issue where enemy UI indicators would persist after Vision gained control over them using his A.I. Hack ability.

Fixed an issue where pressing Alt could cause tooltips to incorrectly be displayed on-screen.

Powers and items that show enemies on minimap should once again show all hostile enemies within range, as intended.

Scarlet Witch's Iron Maiden will now correctly show floating damage numbers and grant mission credit when enemies under its effect are defeated.

Fixed an issue with Quicksilver’s movement occasionally behaving oddly.

Gifted Loki Runes can now be used in the God of Mischief Runeword recipe.

Fixed an issue where Mr. Fantastic's Future Foundation Bodysuit proc was dealing damage inconsistent with the tooltip.

Fixed an issue where Maverick's Helmet was not correctly applying the critical damage buff when using a movement power.

Encounter 1 and 2 of Axis Raid have a higher chance of awarding Starktech Powercubes, as well as Cosmic Bounty Chests.

Updated translations for French, Portuguese and German versions.

ACHIEVEMENT CHANGES & BUG FIXES

Fixed an issue in the Achievements Panel which prevented updates from appearing for entries in the "Recent Additions" category until relogging.

The Achievements Panel will no longer display "Recent Additions" category if there are no new entries to display.

Fixed an issue where item grade 69 items were not correctly awarding credit towards certain collection achievements.

"I Understood That Reference" achievement now specifies the location in the description text.

"Be The Hero" and "Be The Superhero" achievements should now properly unlock when your hero reaches level 25 and 45.

"First Family of Asgard" achievement no longer requires the "Hand of Odin" and "Spear of Odin" objectives.

"Are Friends Electric?" achievement now counts enemy defeats when using Overclocking in Cosmic Terminals.

“VIPer” achievement description clarified to include defeating Madame Hydra in the Holo-Sim but not particular to any wave.

"Girl's Best Friend" achievement now progresses correctly when enemies are defeated using Diamond Whirlwind.

"Natural-Born Hero" achievement reward (Midtown Signet Ring) should no longer roll a level 1 ring.

"Target Acquired: Magneto II" achievement should no longer complete before completing the “Target Acquired: Magneto” achievement.

"Distinguished Valor" achievement chain now correctly only awards credit for supervillains defeated in X-Defense.

"We Are Omnipresent" achievement properly gives credit for defeating Venom in Green Terminal.

"Hulk Smash Puny Villains" achievement will now correctly award credit for enemies defeated using the Hulk Smash power.

"I Borrowed Them, I Swear" achievement updated to correctly include Rocket Raccoon’s Quad Plasma Cannon unique item.

"Stopping the Unstoppable" achievement now correctly awards credit when using the Fastball Special power.

Fixed an issue where the following achievement rewards were not item grade 69: BFG9000, Maverick's Helmet, Hannibal King's Hand Cannon, and .44 Magnum.

Updated achievement reward in "My Bodyguard" to Brutally Awesome Summer Shades.

Increased stack count of StarkTech Power Cube achievement rewards to 9,999.

Fixed typo in Deadpool's "Weapon X Jerks" achievement objective.

Fixed typo in "Bajillioniare" achievement name.

COMPLETE LIST OF PROMO CODES (SOME ARE STILL VALID)

Wi5yDej.png
PA GUILD INFO: Agents of WANG ARCADE - Contact @Manetherenwolf, @Dirtyboy, or @Maddoc (all same name in game) to get guild invite.

Ventrilo (provided courtesty of @WolveSight )
tungsten.typefrag.com
port: 8761
password: candy1234

STEAM GROUP: PA SuperWANGs

NDnccRS.png
Marvel Heroes is a FREE-TO-PLAY action-packed massively multiplayer online game created by David Brevik, the visionary behind Diablo and Diablo 2. Set in the iconic Marvel Universe, Marvel Heroes combines the core game-play style of Action RPGs and MMOs with the expansive library of heroes from the Marvel Universe. In the game, players can collect and play as their favorite Marvel Superheroes (including Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk, Spider Man, Captain America and many others). Team up with friends and try to stop Doctor Doom from devastating the world with the power of the Cosmic Cube in a story written by Marvel comic super-scribe Brian Michael Bendis.

GO TO WWW.MARVELHEROES.COM TO GET STARTED.

ixnOmGCn35oh3.png

iPLi5muHsVHZI.png

lob494I.png

Q: Is it really "free"?
A: Yes, you can play 100% of the game content and earn all 30+ heroes without spending a dime.

Q: What's the catch?
A: Cosmetic (over 180 costumes, several pets) and convenience items (boosts, inventory) cost "G points" that are purchased with real money. Costumes have an extremely rare chance to drop in game. Some pets and boosts are obtainable through in game play. Inventory space is very limited and can only be purchased with G points.

Q: Can I play whatever hero I want?
A: Free players are limited to 1 of 9 "starter" heroes when beginning the game. Any of the other heroes can be purchased with G points or by collecting Cosmic Splinters that drop in game. Hero prices range from $2 to over $10. Hero costs for splinters are 200/400/600 (tier depends on how much work they took to create or popularity). Splinters drop 1 every 6 to 10 minutes with chances for double or 10 pack drops.

The current starter hero lineup is: Captain America, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Luke Cage, Black Widow, Storm, Colossus, Human Torch, Punisher, Daredevil, Rocket Raccoon.

Q: Can I create my own hero?
A: No, you can only play as any of the 30+ heroes currently in the game.

Q: Does gear I equip show on my hero?
A: No, gear is stats only. There are some visual effects that can be added to costumes such as glowing orbs or flaming Ghost Rider style heads, but otherwise you cannot change the base look of a costume. There are no hats.

Q: What is the gameplay like?
A: The game plays like a typical ARPG (Diablo, Torchlight, Path of Exile, etc.). Third-person, isometric view. You click mouse icon to where you want to move and use a combination of mouse and keyboard buttons to trigger attacks and abilities. There is currently no controller support.

In story mode, your hero progresses through "chapters" completing various quests while finding gear and leveling up. Currently story content ends around level 25 and level cap is 60. Once story mode is complete you use endgame content to level, this includes Legendary Quests (repeatable quests randomly pulled from a list), Terminals (Red, Green level boss fight instances), Holo-Sim (1-2 player challenge mode of increasingly difficult waves), X-Defense (5 player "horde" style mode protecting NPCs at X-Men Mansion with increasingly difficult waves).

Q: What is the endgame like?
A: Currently level 60 content includes Cosmic level terminals (same as Red and Green but much more difficult) and Player vs. Player (currently only one 5v5 Dota style mode). You can also run all the other modes to grind for better gear and/or do Legendary Quests which award Odin Marks that can be used to buy Legendary Items for heroes (items that can be leveled through five tiers of bonuses and can be equipped to any level hero). At level 30 and 45 you unlock Heroic and Super Heroic modes (harder difficulty levels, like Diablo 3). And if you are really nuts you can prestige up to five times (stats/level reset to zero). Upcoming content includes more PvE and PvP zones/modes as well at 10-player raids.

v7iyLWW.png
iblUBmk9RNdt7A.png

Dirtyboy on

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    3645581_2791_sorry-remodeling.jpg

Dirtyboy on
    edited May 2015
    MzRlHmK.png

STARTING TIPS
    • Pick a hero that interests you (generally avoid ones that have not had their "52" rework - see below). Paid heroes range from $6 to $15 and can often be bought in bundles (contain extra costumes, storage tab, etc.). Heroes can be bought with in-game currency (Eternity Splinters) for 200/400/600. Team Ups (NPC sidekicks) can only be bought with real money or splinters (same splinter cost as heroes).
    • Play through the story mode to finish (you get various quest rewards plus splinters towards buying another hero). Currently 9 chapters, ends about the time you are level 25-30.
    • Donate ALL unwanted items to crafter first then enchanter (they level to 20 each and unlock crafting recipes along the way)
    • Legendary Quests start at level 20. These quests pay a large amount of XP and credits and can be repeated. After playing through the story mode, these quests are the primary way to level to 60.
    • You get an account-wide bonus to XP at levels 30/50/60 for every hero you get to those points. Caps at +200% (tooltip over synergy xp on your hero's stats page has full details).
    • You unlock hero synergies (hit P to see) at levels 25 and 50. These are account wide bonuses each hero you own can use (up to 10 per hero).
    • Omega System unlocks for use at level 30. Any XP you gain (even prior to 30) goes towards earning Omega Points (blue orb). The Omega System is their version of the Alternate Advancement system loosely based on Everquest, Borderlands 2 (Badass Ranks), Diablo 2/3 (Paragon). Points are account wide, but each hero can separately use them. Hit P to see these.
    • Don't be afraid to ask questions in chat or this thread. Our guild is full of people who know the game inside and out and are more than willing to answer or help out.

GENERAL INFORMATION

List of heroes that have had their "52" rework.

Marvel Heroes Compendium - A spreadsheet with (mostly) up-to-date item stats, quest info, mode details.

Marvel Base - An irregularly updated site with game information and a skill tree calculator to help plan out builds. Usually doesn't have the latest heroes or items.

Hero sub forums - A good place to find hero builds or other tips on how to play them.

GUIDES

Player created guides

For the reading impaired, a long but good video going through the game mechanics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlqjvWByqpI

Link to original post with listing of all topics covered.

TWITCH STREAMS

Degen - Plays every evening for 8+ hours (yes he's nuts). Interacts with chat and gladly answers questions and shows how things work. Level 60 and endgame play (unless it's a new hero release).

Bwana - Plays nearly every day for a few hours. Interacts with chat and is a more relaxed pace and gladly answers questions. One of the Twitch admins.

David and Divo Brevik - CEO of Gazillion and his wife stream their play irregularly, but usually at least 2-3 evenings per week (friday/saturday they stream raids). David answers many questions and often will stop and write emails to various departments to get issues fixed that are brought up in chat.

List of live MH streams

Dirtyboy on
  • ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Smells pretty fresh in here.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Waiting on Iceman.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    So... This game is good then? I'd tried it long ago, and it felt okay. I heard at release things were a little on the meh side. However I remember watching a video where TotalBiscuit praised the changes they made.

It's more or less like an ARPG with dungeons and raids, right?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    The midtown boxes have been dropping fairly good loot for me. I've had around 4 uniques drop out of say 20 boxes.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    So... This game is good then? I'd tried it long ago, and it felt okay. I heard at release things were a little on the meh side. However I remember watching a video where TotalBiscuit praised the changes they made.

It's improved a lot. Plus, it's free. No reason you shouldn't give it a quick test run to see for yourself. The free heroes you can choose from now are way better than when the game launched.

uyvfOQy.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    20k HP? That's waaaaaaay over kill. Possibly even overkill for melee

steam_sig.png
    Spoit wrote: »
    20k HP? That's waaaaaaay over kill. Possibly even overkill for melee
    That was written before greens came out. Probably should just delete it all and put DPS ALL THE THINGS there instead.

The game is run by David Brevik, creator of Diablo, so it plays mostly like that. It's not perfect, but I enjoy it as do several others. It's F2P, but doesn't constantly bother you to buy stuff (but if you like it, money tends to fly out of wallet). If you try it and like it, PM me for a guild invite.

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular

It's not perfect, but it's a lot of fun. It's pretty similar to Diablo, but I'm finding it a lot more fun than D3. Not sure how it compares to D2, since it's been a while since I played that.

There's a lot of content, and a lot of heroes who play quite differently, so it can be a huge timesink if you get into it.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Why does Squirrel Girl always summon Starboost Iron Man? You would think she'd summon one of his more default looks.

uyvfOQy.png
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Why does Squirrel Girl always summon Starboost Iron Man? You would think she'd summon one of his more default looks.
    Nobody ever said she had the GOOD Iron man trading cards.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    stop teasing me with X-23, damnit!

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

I'd like it better if it was a random Iron Man every time. It would give the impression that he stops whatever he's doing to come and lend a hand. This one looks like he's just always out in space when she calls him.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Hmm. Psylocke has better damage than my Ms Marvel but it is still like 30 seconds for ttk instead of the minute for Carol.

Marvel Execs are cancelling The Fantastic Four comic, not allowing the characters or their likenesses in future books/advertisements, and potentially retract them from existing properties (like Marvel Heroes). Apparently all this stems from how Fox has/is handling the franchise and doing yet another reboot completely unrelated to the cannon.

bleedingcool.com/2014/10/05/confirmed-fantastic-four-to-be-cancelled-in-2015-with-a-triple-sized-issue-645-as-january-kicks-off-fantastic-fourever/

Yeah, not convinced that its because of fox. It seems more like the sales have sucked, and hickman wants to do some other stuff that makes an ongoing problematic

steam_sig.png
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Yeah, not convinced that its because of fox. It seems more like the sales have sucked, and hickman wants to do some other stuff that makes an ongoing problematic
    Maybe canceling the book, but basically blacklisting the characters seems a bit extreme for just a canceled book.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I sincerely doubt we will go longer than a year or two without a FF book, and I sincerely doubt the characters would actually be pulled from things like this game.

LockedOnTarget on
    tbh I would not miss them.

edited October 2014
    I think the most extreme that would happen is they would stop selling the characters in game until the issue was resolved. Kind of like how games on Steam get removed, but if you had previously bought them you can still use them (like the Deadpool game).

Dirtyboy on
    Odin boost finally pays off.

?.png

I farmed the odin bounty chests enough for at least 3, probably 4, full inventories worth of gift boxes, the first however long it took with the odins bounty pot. Never got an odins blessing

steam_sig.png
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Odin's Bounty?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Had a couple of the Odin's boosts left over so decided to use them. And it happened again with five minutes left on it.
    ?.png

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Marvel Execs are cancelling The Fantastic Four comic, not allowing the characters or their likenesses in future books/advertisements, and potentially retract them from existing properties (like Marvel Heroes). Apparently all this stems from how Fox has/is handling the franchise and doing yet another reboot completely unrelated to the cannon.

Thus far the only thing like confirmation of the latest incarnation of this recurring rumor is the fact that a leaked solicitation mentioned that it included the final issue of the series. Which doesn't mean that the series is cancelled - they've published the "final issue" of Fantastic Four three times in the past four years (five times if you count the final issues of the two "FF" series), and restarted the series afterwards in a matter of months. If Marvel let Gazillion use FF characters as recently as the release of IW/SS/Mr. F this summer, it seems implausible that they'd retract the licenses for the FF characters any time before the game's license for Marvel in general is up for renewal.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I am almost to 170% on my 200% xp passive project. Got Thor done and he was probably one of the most enjoyable characters to play, for me a melee guy, in a good while. I am sad i waited so long to give him a proper shot. Jumped over to Colossus and in one of my first midown bosses got a nice lvl 32 Doc Oc Arms. There is 600k down the drain to get those up to 60. And I still have a lower level Apoc Armor in queue to upgrade to 60 as well. FWP

• VaeVae Registered User regular
    Haven't played in a while. What is the latest ETA on Magneto? Desperately want to crush stuff with the Master of Magnetism!

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    So far since the patch I've found 2 Mask of Algrims, a Magneto Was Right Shirt, a Black Tom's & an ESP Box. All but the box dropped in midtown.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I am almost to 170% on my 200% xp passive project. Got Thor done and he was probably one of the most enjoyable characters to play, for me a melee guy, in a good while. I am sad i waited so long to give him a proper shot. Jumped over to Colossus and in one of my first midown bosses got a nice lvl 32 Doc Oc Arms. There is 600k down the drain to get those up to 60. And I still have a lower level Apoc Armor in queue to upgrade to 60 as well. FWP

Recommendations for playing Thor? I tried him a bit to ~15 when I got him from the BOGO, but he felt pretty weak. That was about 60% synergy xp bonuses ago, so I think I could stomach getting him to whatever 'breakpoint' level he needs if that's the problem.

• GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Got Nightcrawler to 60 a couple days ago, but only have 230 odin marks. So I am probably going to try to gear up some of my characters while I decide who to level next and with what legendary.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Bobble wrote: »

Recommendations for playing Thor? I tried him a bit to ~15 when I got him from the BOGO, but he felt pretty weak. That was about 60% synergy xp bonuses ago, so I think I could stomach getting him to whatever 'breakpoint' level he needs if that's the problem.

I used a typical build for me. I am sitting at work so I cannot give you names. First he is slow so you want to take his flight. 1pt all his passives and I kept his passive that had dmg rating maxed. Use his support/click buff in the third tree and I kept it max for healing. Until you get this you can use the passive in this tree if you need to and have the extra retcons. You want thor to take dmg once you get this ability because he gains a base % dmg per point of life gone from this support ability.

Next, I used his bounce attack basic maxed for trash killing. I used both vulnerability attacks. I think I maxed out both but I might have 1 pointed his dmg reduct hammer slam one. I grabbed and maxed his +dmg to elites bosses single target. And there is a decision here. I originally took the last ability in the second tree. It is a huge dmg cone with crit and crit dmg on it. It does very good dmg. But I am not a fan of aiming conal attacks in this game. So I grabbed his jump ability from the tree for the big AoE. Both would work. You might get more dmg out of the conal attack but I prefer the PBAoE. I also 1pt his AoE spirit regen lightning attack. I had extra points near the end with this build that I ended up putting in the AoE spirit regen ability because he can get spirit starved but you could put them into wherever you find lacking.

He is not the highest dmg class but he was a solid middle tier for me once I got him some uniques and decent artifacts. To start I used the usual basic artifacts. Sharkstone, supersolder etc. You will be physical Energy hybrid with this but it worked for me to get him up pretty easily.

Jubal77 on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Vae wrote: »
    Haven't played in a while. What is the latest ETA on Magneto? Desperately want to crush stuff with the Master of Magnetism!

December, I believe.

edited October 2014
    Vae wrote: »
    Current schedule is Nova next week, Juggernaut early November, Magneto late November/early December, Venom either right before Christmas or pushed into January. X-23 and the Axis stuff (One-Shot, raid) also scheduled for December. They seem to be at least a week or two behind schedule (due to recent office move) so I fully expect hero releases to get delayed.

gtrmp wrote: »

Thus far the only thing like confirmation of the latest incarnation of this recurring rumor is the fact that a leaked solicitation mentioned that it included the final issue of the series. Which doesn't mean that the series is cancelled - they've published the "final issue" of Fantastic Four three times in the past four years (five times if you count the final issues of the two "FF" series), and restarted the series afterwards in a matter of months. If Marvel let Gazillion use FF characters as recently as the release of IW/SS/Mr. F this summer, it seems implausible that they'd retract the licenses for the FF characters any time before the game's license for Marvel in general is up for renewal.
    Brevik says they regularly meet with Marvel and they are told all the major plans for the comics six months to a year in advance, plus other long-term stuff like movie tie-ins.

Dirtyboy on

do not upgrade the doc ock arms, they tend to drop not all that rarely.

the best way to lvl Thor is to yell I SAY THEE NAY at your monitor a lot. it boosts his damage by %Loki. everything else you said is true but I really like his spirit regen maxed at lvl 60.

the weird thing about Thor for now (until his review) is that you kind of want to take a big hit early on to use Warrior Madness off but sometimes you can not (especially in grouped content) and Madness adds a lot of potential dps. with a good Madness boost Thor is okay. he starts hurting if you do not get it.

the upside is that all of his uniques can be very good and you do not need to delve into the murky waters of all-hero uniques. I like a well-rolled cape over Wonderman's Jet Belt any day but then again I am weird. his uniques are very solid imho and they have a huge roll range on them. if you like looking for unique upgrades he is your guy.

the downside is that to make him raid viable he requires a lot of effort and gear (artifacts and runeword) to make him work while less effort gets you more on different heroes for now.

if you are on the edge about thor I'd wait a bit and let him get his review which he sorely needs.

• ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    scherbchen wrote: »

do not upgrade the doc ock arms, they tend to drop not all that rarely.

YMMV. I have yet to find a single one of those.

This discussion has been closed.