As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl]With My Last Breath, I Say Go Pats

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Just got home from a friend's and holy crap I am so glad I didn't start either back because I would be cheesed for the rest of the week.

Edit: Hillman's actually having a decent game, but losing both those 2 tds would make me mad.

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Woo garbage yards

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Started Oliver, Floyd, and Sanders tonight.

Walked away with 40 points

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I hope he's okay

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    Edit: Hillman's actually having a decent game, but losing both those 2 tds would make me mad.

yup I'm not happy about it

• Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    This dude is the starting quarterback getting ready to deal with this man and this guy getting ready to pummel the living daylights out of him.

God I can't wait for Sunday.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I want to see Dallas become a dynasty again to see like half the thread get rabies mad.

• Options
    Mettenberger looks like the villain from Dodgeball.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Kevin Kolb retired
    Rotoworld wrote:
    Free agent QB Kevin Kolb has retired from the NFL.

Kolb, 30, recounts four known concussions in the NFL, with the final one coming last preseason on his 29th birthday. It ended his career. Kolb says the after-effects of the concussions still haunt him today. He deals with constant ringing in his ears that he compares to "someone shooting a shotgun right next to my ear, every second of every day," sensitivity to light, and short-term memory loss. The former second-round pick of the Eagles had a career 9-12 record.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    That's horrible.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Welp that's the last time I start Eddie royal

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    The lack of Julius Thomas over the last two Denver games troubles me.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Welp that's the last time I start Eddie royal

Well I mean

Denver defense.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Paul Allen donated 100 million dollars to fight ebola.

That's a lot of scratch

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Paul Allen donated 100 million dollars to fight ebola.

That's a lot of scratch

IkUqGkr.jpg

• Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Ok, more advice time

I have a running back, tight end, and flex position dilemma. Here's who I have:

Isaiah Crowell (RB - CLE) - Home against Oakland
    Jordan Cameron (TE - CLE) - Home against Oakland (Cameron and Crowell were horrible last week at Jacksonville)
    Brian Quick (WR - STL) - At Kansas City (he's been cool the past two weeks and KC is a tough one)
    Chris Ivory (RB - NYJ) - Home against Buffalo (he did well last week at NE but was cold against SD and DEN last two weeks)
    Brandin Cooks (WR - NO) - Home against Green Bay (didn't do too well last week at DET but this seems like a high scoring game)
    Allen Robinson (WR - JAX) - Home against Miami (picked him up this week - did well against TEN and CLE past two weeks)
    Gavin Escobar (TE - DAL) - Home against Washington (another pickup this week)

Rayze on
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    cameron in the te spot is a no-brainer

i'd probably go ivory in the rb spot and quick in the flex

if it's non-ppr i'd consider cooks over quick if you can afford a high boom/bust guy in your lineup

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I was actually going to take Quick out since he's going up against KC this week and hasn't done well recently. Cooks or Robinson is a much more likely choice

I'm in a PPR league

Rayze on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    a lot of people seem to think the jets will win on sunday/are actually good

and

okay?

of course now queue me being wrong but I think the jets are pretty fuckin bad

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The Jets are 2.5 point dogs at home. They're clearly the underdogs.

But it's still a divisional game, and Buffalo isn't exactly a world beater. I mean, St. Louis beat Seattle last week so anything can happen.

• Options
    they have been coughing the ball up a lot lately

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Percy Harvin gives them a little more fight.

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    The nfl and the ravens are now actively refusing to cooperate with the players union regarding the ray rice indefinite double jeopardy suspension. Reports Bill Simmons.... On twitter... In a way that will in no way get him suspended again...

• Options
    Bleh @Goose!

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    If the Cardinals, and a big, big, goddamn huge if this is, if they win their next two games then not only does the likelihood of them being the first team in a Super Bowl host city in the playoffs become very high; then the insane idea of the Arizona Cardinals possibly being the first team ever to clinch home field advantage through the entirety of playoffs would become a startlingly, mindblowingly actually real thing.

If.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    The Cardinals are about the least convincing 5-1 team I've seen in a while. Their defense hasn't given up a ton of points yet, except against the Broncos where they gave up 41 and almost 500 yards passing, but the only thing they're doing really well is stopping the run. They're 31st in the league in passing defense, and their offense is pretty bad. They don't run the ball well, they don't throw it that much better.

The main thing they have going for them is the rest of their schedule isn't that tough either, but they're probably losing to Philly, @Dallas, @Seattle and home to Seattle, and @SF, so they could easily end up 10-6 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs anyway just because SEA and SF have similar schedules.

Maybe they end up getting a wild card but I just don't see it based on how they're playing.

As a Cowboys fan, the only reason I even believe in that team right now is the road win at seattle, Murray being on pace for a 2k yard season, and the O-Line being dominant. The Cardinals starting QBs are averaging about 1 TD pass per game, and their best rusher has a 3.7 YPA and 1 rushing TD. You don't win in the playoffs with those offensive numbers unless you have an elite defense, and they aren't that.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    I was going to say the Cardinals have no chance at making a Super Bowl.

Then I really thought about the NFC and I've decided... Why the hell not?

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I want an eagles/chargers superbowl

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    the Cardinals have played half their games with a backup QB and are still 5-1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    the Cardinals have played half their games with a backup QB and are still 5-1

I don't really believe in the Cardinals, but they can absolutely win that division if Seattle and San Francisco don't get healthy and get their shit together.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    After watching Arizona a few games. The best description I have is that they're not impressive? But they win.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    There's nobody in the NFC that looks incredibly dominant. . Dallas has probably looked the best so far but I wouldn't call them dominant either.

• Options
    Eh. That O Line looks dominant at least.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    I think the NFC champion is going to be someone we aren't currently expecting.

• Options
    like... the new york football giants

This discussion has been closed.