As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[nfl]With My Last Breath, I Say Go Pats

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Joe Webb sighting! Someone call Jordyn

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    JOE WEBB!!

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    What happened to make the division so bad? I know most of Carolina's receivers left, and Tampa was expected I guess, but weren't the Saints and Falcons supposed to be better than last year (or at least good)?

Yes they were. But they're not. All the experts said the Bucs would be good too. Most had the Panthers doing about this well but everyone else in the division doing way better.

Saints are likely going to finish a lot stronger than they started. I figure 10-6 by the end due to road wins against the weak ass NFC South. Not great, but not as bad as they have been. This is mostly because they manage to remember they have a ton of talent when playing at home.

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    What happened to make the division so bad? I know most of Carolina's receivers left, and Tampa was expected I guess, but weren't the Saints and Falcons supposed to be better than last year (or at least good)?

Yes they were. But they're not. All the experts said the Bucs would be good too. Most had the Panthers doing about this well but everyone else in the division doing way better.

Saints are likely going to finish a lot stronger than they started. I figure 10-6 by the end due to road wins against the weak ass NFC South. Not great, but not as bad as they have been. This is mostly because they manage to remember they have a ton of talent when playing at home.

They already played two games against the NFC south and they lost to the Falcons and beat the Bucs in OT at home. They lost to the Browns and still have to play some AFC North and NFC North games. The Panthers remaining schedule is super soft aside from the Eagles.

E: Yeah the Saints have the 49ers, Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers in their next 4 games. That's not gonna be kind to them.

SirToasty on
    edited October 2014

They already played two games against the NFC south and they lost to the Falcons and beat the Bucs in OT at home. They lost to the Browns and still have to play some AFC North and NFC North games. The Panthers remaining schedule is super soft aside from the Eagles.

E: Yeah the Saints have the 49ers, Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers in their next 4 games. That's not gonna be kind to them.

And 3 straight home games after this. They play way different at home vs on the road. See the game vs the Packers last week. They have another road game against the Bucanners which isn't looking super threatening. Unless Carolina pulls a pretty massive turn around at this point they have this game as well. When they lose a home game I will change my prediction, but it hasn't happened since 2012. And they were just as awful on the road at the end of last season save for the playoffs where they pulled it together for a bit. I have been expecting 8-8 but after Detroit they showed they can put up a fight on the road so they will be able to steal a couple of road games.

Edit: Discounting 2012 for obvious reasons the last home game they lost was in 2010 to Tampa Bay in a game that ultimately didn't matter if they won or lost as they couldnt win the division anyways.

Gnizmo on

And 3 straight home games after this. They play way different at home vs on the road. See the game vs the Packers last week. They have another road game against the Bucanners which isn't looking super threatening.

They needed overtime to beat the Bucs at home. Yes, the Saints are better at home but they have looked far from good at home this season. They're not winning all of those home games.

If we're gonna talk about things that haven't happened in a long time we could also talk about every team since the Seahawks in week 1 of last year losing their next game after beating the Panthers. But that's silly so we're not. The Saints were good last year, they are bad this year.

edited October 2014

And 3 straight home games after this. They play way different at home vs on the road. See the game vs the Packers last week. They have another road game against the Bucanners which isn't looking super threatening.

They needed overtime to beat the Bucs at home. Yes, the Saints are better at home but they have looked far from good at home this season. They're not winning all of those home games.

I know I don't have to point out that divisional games are always closer than they should be right? 49ers and Bengals aren't looking that solid one way or the other honestly. Ravens are the only ones I am really worried about on that list. Steelers I have already written off as a loss. But hey, we will see soon. Anyway you slice it they are top of their division.

Edit:
    If we're gonna talk about things that haven't happened in a long time we could also talk about every team since the Seahawks in week 1 of last year losing their next game after beating the Panthers. But that's silly so we're not. The Saints were good last year, they are bad this year.

They have been shakey to awful since about halfway through last season when they completely forgot how to play a road game. Hell they tried their hardest to give the game the the 49ers when last they met in the Dome. They look much worse this year because they have been playing more on the road so far. They would look just as awful if you ignored the first half of last season. Only saving grace they had was hometeam advantage meaning plenty for whatever reasons.

Gnizmo on
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Hmp well I'm glad I held onto Ingram in every league I could.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din

I know I don't have to point out that divisional games are always closer than they should be right? 49ers and Bengals aren't looking that solid one way or the other honestly. Ravens are the only ones I am really worried about on that list. Steelers I have already written off as a loss. But hey, we will see soon. Anyway you slice it they are top of their division.

You're really confident about these divisional games that are closer than they should be. I agree that the Saints will very likely win the South but 10-6 is a reach.

And I apologize to the rest of the thread for having to watch another NFC South match-up so soon.

edited October 2014

You're really confident about these divisional games that are closer than they should be. I agree that the Saints will very likely win the South but 10-6 is a reach.

I will own it's best case scenario and fairly optimistic. It is a relatively realistic view as well. If the NFC South had one decent team I would be more worried about our remaining home games. Falcons got taken to OT against the travesty that is the Saints on the road, and Carolina just got stomped on by them. Not feeling the threat. I'd say that the Saints are the best of the bunch, but no one in the division deserves that title right now. Not until they get their shit together. Last I checked defenses 30-32 in points allowed were NFC South with the Saints standing out at like 24 or some shit. If we are going offense for offense though Saints do have the best in division when they actually make it work.

Gnizmo on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I just don't see any team in that division getting 10 wins

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    They should just play all the NFC South games on Thursdays from now on, so I never get to watch them.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Hey Panther's Defense got 7 points against a projected 4.66.

I'll take 7 points.

nope that's all I have to say about that game.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • cornellcornell Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I have a lot of options (not very good ones, but options) at flex this week, and need some help. Knile Davis, Dwayne Bowe, or Wes Welker? Davis being the backup sucks, but they're playing the Jets and that entire game might be garbage time, Welker has been rough this year, and they're playing the Patriots, which makes him a poor option, and Bowe is Bowe. I also have Stevie Johnson and Owen Daniels, if he's healthy, but neither seem like legit options.

Edit: PPR league

cornell on
    Mike Wallace vs Chargers
    Mohammed Sanu vs Jaguars
    Michael Crabtree vs Rams
    Denard Robinson at Bengals

Which three.....ugh, bye weeks suuuck

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Wallace, Robinson, and Sanu.

Green is still pretty questionable and if he does play he might not be 100% which means he could be used in a decoy role which would up Sanu's numbers.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    New rule: The first team to lose to Oakland this season is ineligible for the playoffs for this season and next. Because no one should lose to Oakland.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Mark Ingram is going to be a really interesting free agent next year.

Wallace, Robinson, and Sanu.

Green is still pretty questionable and if he does play he might not be 100% which means he could be used in a decoy role which would up Sanu's numbers.

That's what I'd set, but Crabtree tends to randomly blow up, and I got lucky and started him twice when he did.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Betting shop here in the UK was not offering point spread for Seahawks/Raiders so I took the Eagles at -2.5 and bet ten pounds on them.

Washington Frankensteins would be a better team name.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    The Eagles one is actually pretty horrifying.

edited October 2014
    I'd root for the Cincinnati Cthulus

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    For this week, ODB Jr or Randle?

Picked up Randle this week as a FA just because I had a WR spot that was wasted with a Raiders WR, but not sure which one to start against the Colts.

Think I'm leaning toward Randle, but I'm waffling back and forth.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I think ODB will get the end zone looks.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    Arg, reading articles online hasn't helped. There is literally a sleepers/stumblers article that has two people giving inputs, and one lists ODB as a sleeper, the other lists him as a stumblers.

Someone needs to get good and predicting these better, and give me all the answers so I can win every week! (Oh and restrict that access to anyone not in my current group).

Ppr league you go with Randle.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Gio is out this Sunday.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    KSK's comedy logos feature is the best, at least since their rex ryan caricature kinda lost steam

ed: the fucking bengalthulu one, oh my god

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    Ppr league you go with Randle.

It's standard scoring.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    DeAngelo Hall's season is over. He re-tore his Achilles slipping in the kitchen getting pizza.

Sweeney Tom on
    NFL expects to ban player-pizza interaction in the offseason after this and the Nate Burleson incident.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    did anyone post this week's breaking madden?

The Haunting of Cam Newton

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    what is the deal with the nfl and pizza for real

That;s from the first week of October. Breaking Madden is on bye this week.

Langly wrote: »
    did anyone post this week's breaking madden?

The Haunting of Cam Newton

Not sure if ironic or not...

This discussion has been closed.