As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Daily Show, Nightly Show, Last Week Tonight, & Full Frontal] Noah makin' it rain!

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Little did you know that John Oliver's love of mascots is actually rooted in a deep-seeded love of all things Japanese. Last season was to get you used to the idea, leading you to this episode where he ties it to Japan.

Next week, the last segment will be about how amazing anime is.

I bet you he already has a Stand name picked out and is currently working on a Boingo\Oliver ending theme and animation.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Little did you know that John Oliver's love of mascots is actually rooted in a deep-seeded love of all things Japanese. Last season was to get you used to the idea, leading you to this episode where he ties it to Japan.

Next week, the last segment will be about how amazing anime is.

I bet you he already has a Stand name picked out and is currently working on a Boingo\Oliver ending theme and animation.

Who doesn't though, really?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Tonight's opening Daily Show segment on Jeb is great.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I want to see all of the mascots out all at once at some point.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I'm starting to think that John Oliver is actually an agent of the Queen of England whose mission is to make Americans so fucking disgusted with the state of their country that we as a populace demand to part of the United Kingdom.

Viskod on
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that John Oliver is actually an agent of the Queen of England whose mission is to make Americans so fucking disgusted with the state of their country that we as a populace demand to be ruled by the crown again.

except the UK isn't any better currently.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that John Oliver is actually an agent of the Queen of England whose mission is to make Americans so fucking disgusted with the state of their country that we as a populace demand to be ruled by the crown again.

except the UK isn't any better currently.

The UK still has the NHS, and same sex marriage is available for a greater proportion of UK citizens than US citizens. For the moment, it's still better.

(But give the Tories some time, and they'll triumphantly bring the UK down to US standards, don't you worry.)

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Anybody know what's up with LWT on HBO Go? I can watch GoT or Silicon Valley right about the time they air eastern (so several hours early pacific) but as of like 11pm pacific LWT still didn't show a new episode.

I keep going to bed thinking it's on hiatus for a week, only to see YouTube links the next morning.

• Options
    JibbaJibba Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

This one made me contact my congressperson.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Anybody know what's up with LWT on HBO Go? I can watch GoT or Silicon Valley right about the time they air eastern (so several hours early pacific) but as of like 11pm pacific LWT still didn't show a new episode.

I keep going to bed thinking it's on hiatus for a week, only to see YouTube links the next morning.

They don't finish the show till Sunday, they actually film it Sunday evening. So they don't' have time to get it up by Sunday night.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I'm starting to think that John Oliver is actually an agent of the Queen of England whose mission is to make Americans so fucking disgusted with the state of their country that we as a populace demand to part of the United Kingdom.

Would the Britons allow it, though?

I mean, sure, they get ten or eleven aircraft carriers and a couple nuclear thousand warheads, but that's not as attractive as one might think.

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

I mean, sure, they get ten or eleven aircraft carriers and a couple nuclear thousand warheads, but that's not as attractive as one might think.

Tasty, tasty foods?

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »

Tasty, tasty foods?

Like chicken?

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »

Tasty, tasty foods?

Like chicken?

I was about to comment on the delicious finger-licking irony of that case, but Mvrck beat me to the punch, and I lower my hat to you.

I can certainly see what makes Britain attractive to many Americans, but it does seem like they'd be getting the short end of the stick. Perhaps, as another person from a tiny island where it actually rains regularly, I sympathize too much with the country of Shakespeare, Chaucer, and Ringo Starr.

Also, as someone who has never really acculturated to Southern cuisine (or anything else, regrettably), I actually think British food is okay. They do fish well, and there's slightly less cheese on everything (don't get me wrong, there's still a lot of cheese) and I appreciate that--I'll probably end up paying for that admission though.

• Options
    Cabezone wrote: »

They don't finish the show till Sunday, they actually film it Sunday evening. So they don't' have time to get it up by Sunday night.

Duh. That makes sense.

So, uh, I enjoy eating chicken. Do I need to skip this episode?

• Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    Cabezone wrote: »

Duh. That makes sense.

So, uh, I enjoy eating chicken. Do I need to skip this episode?

Nope, watch it. It makes you appreciate the farmers who actually raise the chickens and hate both Big Chicken who screw these farmers out of a decent living and the elected officials who let it happen.

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Chickenfuckers

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Watched it finally.

Wow. Seriously... that's like organized crime levels of extortion.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    ...this is why the only chickens I have eaten in the last 5 years have come from a farm I personally visited to get it

Jars on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »

Tasty, tasty foods?

Like chicken?

I was about to comment on the delicious finger-licking irony of that case, but Mvrck beat me to the punch, and I lower my hat to you.

I can certainly see what makes Britain attractive to many Americans, but it does seem like they'd be getting the short end of the stick. Perhaps, as another person from a tiny island where it actually rains regularly, I sympathize too much with the country of Shakespeare, Chaucer, and Ringo Starr.

Also, as someone who has never really acculturated to Southern cuisine (or anything else, regrettably), I actually think British food is okay. They do fish well, and there's slightly less cheese on everything (don't get me wrong, there's still a lot of cheese) and I appreciate that--I'll probably end up paying for that admission though.

The best commentary on British cuisine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltr0NdGq6Bc

Although Fry's comeback is a scorcher.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Jars wrote: »
    ...this is why the only chickens I have eaten in the last 5 years have come from a farm I personally visited to get it

relevant.

https://youtu.be/WAlWrT5P2VI

https://youtu.be/b39-xNd_mKg

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Jibba wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »

This one made me contact my congressperson.

So angry right now. Love this show.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I work out in the boonies so driving by chickens out in the road is something that happens

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I work out in the boonies so driving by chickens out in the road is something that happens

Who gives way first?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular

Obviously not Tyson chickens. The sun and fresh air are big no no's.

• Options
    PURE KOALA FEAR

• Options
    So one problem with Operation Chickenfucker is that if they just take another voice vote we won't know who voted against, right?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    It also means that whoever is running the committee can just go 'It appears the 'Noes' have it' without bothering to count anything. Again.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Is it too late to have Peter Dinklage replace Jon? Because that'd be fucking awesome.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So, I watched the chicken segment.

Fuck it, break out the trustbuster and smash the companies into teensy tiny bits. Make them WISH they got the Bell treatment.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    It also means that whoever is running the committee can just go 'It appears the 'Noes' have it' without bothering to count anything. Again.

That is the part that pissed me off the most. Just... FFS do these people not have any accountability? I assume no one on the committee can even raise an objection to that or demand an actual count. It would probably still come up "No" because the world is a terrible and unjust place, but make these people put down an actual physical record of their vote so it can be thrown in their face later.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_vote
    There will typically be a count if people object to the result

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    It's a system that reeks of 'we're untouchable so why should we even bother to look like we give a fuck or try to spin it?'

• Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    I don't raise chickens or anything like that, but I deal with Tyson as part of my job and I can testify that they are massive assholes.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    It's a system that reeks of 'we're untouchable so why should we even bother to look like we give a fuck or try to spin it?'

It's a system of "everyone in the room already knows how everyone is going to vote and this is a subcommittee, we know no one is going to typically give a shit on how we vote, so let's not waste the time tallying it." If anyone in the room thought the outcome wasn't a foregone conclusion, they would ask for an official vote.

Given the attention which will likely be given to the issue thanks to John Oliver, I'm sure that the Nos will still have it this time around, but someone will ask for a formal vote so the members of the committee will have their names assigned a vote.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Javen wrote: »

It's a system of "everyone in the room already knows how everyone is going to vote and this is a subcommittee, we know no one is going to typically give a shit on how we vote, so let's not waste the time tallying it." If anyone in the room thought the outcome wasn't a foregone conclusion, they would ask for an official vote.

Given the attention which will likely be given to the issue thanks to John Oliver, I'm sure that the Nos will still have it this time around, but someone will ask for a formal vote so the members of the committee will have their names assigned a vote.

Yeah, voice vote is fine so long as anyone can force a recorded vote. Hell, they use voice votes on the senate floor for procedural stuff all the time iirc (you know, as long as it's not cloture or something).

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    The Wild Acronym Title Selection