As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS Vita: Get ready, Gust and Nihon Falcom herald Vita 2015

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    The Vita needs more Flash sales. Honestly I have so many games on Steam already, sure it would be nice to buy on my Vita but I'm not dropping full price on them.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I can't be the only person who goes IT'S SHOWTIME! in SK whenever the one gal with the gauntlets does that one Ninja Art, can I?

Is that a Fatal Fury/KoF/Garou reference?

Yozakura is probably my favorite design in the game. Those gauntlets are so awesome.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Renzo wrote: »
    I can't be the only person who goes IT'S SHOWTIME! in SK whenever the one gal with the gauntlets does that one Ninja Art, can I?

Yozakura is probably my favorite design in the game. Those gauntlets are so awesome.

Big O reference.

Classic Film Noir + Giant Robot Anime.

It was inspired by Batman TAS and has one of the best Dubs ever.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

Big O reference.

Classic Film Noir + Giant Robot Anime.

It was inspired by Batman TAS and has one of the best Dubs ever.

Also a fantastic soundtrack that still gets stuck in my head to this day:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiMqZmNHU1I

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    You...Have my attention. Go on. You've invoked Big O. continue.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »

If you have cable, the entire series should be on Adult Swim's streaming service/app/webpage. 26 eps.

The DVDs are out of print sadly. Luckily I own them.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

Shinvs3.jpg

1413384231-2876051463_m.jpg

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    PLA wrote: »

Shinvs3.jpg

1413384231-2876051463_m.jpg
    I...Kind of want this game now.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    The size of her...gauntlets is a bit exaggerated in the image.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    The size of her...gauntlets is a bit exaggerated in the image.

Better gauntlets than other things.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    The biggest faux pas is the socks/sandals combination. So tacky.

• Options
    The biggest faux pas is the socks/sandals combination. So tacky.
    They're tabi! That's their point.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    (Joooooke)

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Is that girl ninja have actually fun to play? Or is it the current joke of the month?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Is that girl ninja have actually fun to play? Or is it the current joke of the month?

Every character in the game is fun to play.

Just like the previous game (Burst) was fun to play.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Actually fun to play. Hits hard, and a lot of her moves take advantage of the piston in the gauntlet.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYVhv_pSIOE

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    What the duck.....?

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Nothing in this page made any sense so far.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    This game looks ridiculous. I like it.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    It's pretty silly and the gameplay itself is also a lot of fun. No joking.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    This thread can go for pages with talk of Danganronpa and Persona, so I think it can handle a page or two of Senran Kagura.

Yeah everyone is fun to play as, more or less. There are 20 characters (22 with DLC I think), each of whom has a unique-ish fighting style. You fight using the same basic functions, but the particulars are unique. Some characters can dodge forever, some are range-focused, some have awesome charge moves, but they all have weak and strong attacks, can launch their enemies, and do aerial combos.

From screenshots, it can look like a Dynasty Warriors game, but that's not accurate at all since it's much faster and aggressive and there's no giant battle field to manage, just a few rooms of enemies per stage. And the 1 on 1 fighting (the real focus of the game) reminds me a little of Dissidia, but less strategic and RPG-driven, more action and reaction-based.

And there's a lot of cheesecake, which I think puts a lot of people off. Can't blame you if you see that and think, "No thanks."

• Options
    I didn't realize it until you said it, Renzo, but yeah, the Dissidia comparison for the 1v1 fights is pretty apt.

• Options

If you have cable, the entire series should be on Adult Swim's streaming service/app/webpage. 26 eps.

The DVDs are out of print sadly. Luckily I own them.
    You've lied to me. There's only six episodes on Adult swim's service.

But actually on topic, I am bad at videogames, but it's kinda surreally fun playing virtual dollhouse with Hatsune Miku.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Senran Kagura is hella fun. Definitely repetitive but still hella fun. And cute.

The subtitles PISS ME OFF. I know what fucking "kawaii" means. So when a character says "kawaii, kawaii, kawaii, kawaii" why the fuck are you translating that to "you are cute."

No, it's "cute, cute, cute, cute."

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    My point, before I get backlash on that, is that the dialogue defines the characters. There's a huge difference in insane, mental tick-y kind of dialogue where someone keeps repeating "cute" insanely and "no, you're cute. Really." So the subtitles essentially redefine the character.

I mean, not that that matters very much in Titty Bouncy Panty Fighter 3D but still...

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    So I noticed Wal-Mart has this exclusive PSTV bundle for $140:

0071171950018_500X500.jpg

It includes Sly Cooper Thieves in Time in addition to the standard bundle DS3 controller, 8GB memory card, and Lego Movie Game voucher. I figure that's a pretty good deal since a quick glance at Amazon tells me that the controller runs around $40, the memory card is about $23, the Lego Game is about $15, and Sly Cooper is $17, meaning that the console itself comes out to about $45 itself. Not too bad. Hmm.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    That's weird that that's Wal-Mart-exclusive, but neat. They are definitely putting some weight behind the rumblings lately that they're trying to get some younger audiences on the platform.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    If you don't care or need either the controller or the games, it's $20 cheaper to buy the system and 8 gig card separately. Or the same price to get a 16 gig. Food for thought if you:

-Already have a PS3/4 controller lying around
    -Were a PS+ member a few months back when Sly Cooper was free and picked it up
    -Don't exactly care about the Lego game. I remember one of the complaints with the last few Lego games on the Vita was that they were not based on the console versions, but instead the mechanically different handheld version that the 3DS got. I don't know if it's the same deal here.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I do have a DualShock 3, but it's paired with my PSP go, and since I don't own a PS3 to use to pair the systems again (I paired it at my brother in law's) I don't want to break this link.

The only Sony device I've ever owned is a PSP, so I've never had a reason to be a Playstation Plus member.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    If I have a Vita, a PS4, and a PS3 is there a compelling reason to own a Vita TV?

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So Muramasa is done now, right? The last DLC to come out was the last one they are doing? I'm a little sad that it is going to be the last one. Still haven't bought the DLC with the farmer.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    If I have a Vita, a PS4, and a PS3 is there a compelling reason to own a Vita TV?

Do you want to play some of your Vita games on your TV, Y/N?

If Y, then go for it. If N, no, not really.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Elin wrote: »

Do you want to play some of your Vita games on your TV, Y/N?

If Y, then go for it. If N, no, not really.

I'd ideally like to hook up the Vita TV in my bedroom and be able to remote play PS4 games on it. I'd probably never use it to play Vita on my TV. My understanding is that the Japanese version could do that, does the US release? If so, does it do it well?

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    Guys stop talking 'bout Senran Kagura,

You're making me wanna buy it so bad! It's either sexy witches or sexy ninjas, and I only got so much cash!

• Options
    BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    Guys stop talking 'bout Senran Kagura,

You're making me wanna buy it so bad! It's either sexy witches or sexy ninjas, and I only got so much cash!

The only sexy witches that come to mind are in the Atelier series. If you are not referencing those, please explain.

I can't be missing out on some sexy witches.

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
  • Options
    Touhou?
    Altelier?
    Bayonetta?

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Senran Kagura looks pretty thin, gameplay wise. 20 bucks maybe, 40 bucks no. Not a fan of the cel shading look eithe. Better to hold off for Freedom Wars in a week and a couple days.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Nosf wrote: »
    Senran Kagura looks pretty thin, gameplay wise. 20 bucks maybe, 40 bucks no. Not a fan of the cel shading look eithe. Better to hold off for Freedom Wars in a week and a couple days.

Four schools, individual character missions for everyone, he higher difficulty modes, and online co-op missions.

It might not be the E Cup of a Dynasty Warriors/Warriors Orochi game, or the F cup of their complete versions... But it's a perfectly hand filling C to D. It's certainly fuller than your B Cup action games like Bayonetta or MGS Rising

vagrant_winds on
This discussion has been closed.