As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS Vita: Get ready, Gust and Nihon Falcom herald Vita 2015

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Are they under a sentence too? I'd noticed that wordplay.

No, but they have to follow the player around all day - and that's certainly some form of punishment - even for an android.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Man I can't wait until this week is over and I have time to play games again.

In addition to Freedom Wars (and my huge, crippling Vita backlog (I still need to beat Re;Birth1, thanks)), by the time I get home tonight, I should have Ebikore + Amagami on my doorstep and YES it's a dating sim, I BOUGHT IT FOR SOME JAPANESE IMMERSION THANK YOU VERY MUCH

.. shut up :(

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Is Freedom Wars solo friendly?

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Professor FuzzlesProfessor Fuzzles Not a furry, just sayin' FuzztopiaRegistered User regular
    Has anyone played Natural Doctrine? Just how hard/impossible is it? The reviews say its far to hard for it to be enjoyable... I want a challenge but not to the point of frustration.

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular

yeah, just have to remember to shove entitlement points into your AI partners so they can bring better gear

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Lovely wrote: »
    Psh. I would never say that. Please. How insulting.

I would say "for the shouta's . " 8D

............................ I'll see myself out now >_> .....

So you want to do a reverse Hikaru Genji project with your young impressionable Accessory?

Tell me how that works out for you, or if they stay cold to you forever.

(I'll also see myself out.)

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Made it to code 2. I'm enjoying it so far. Nice mix of sci-fi future dystopia and action hunting.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Oh my. According to XDEV's James Hawkins on the EU PlayStation blog, Resogun is coming to Vita. I could definitely get back into that game.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Freedom Wars: Persona 4 + 3 cosplayers everywhere.

Everywhere!

(Guys, I think Persona 5 will sell truckloads.)

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    2 things:

1. When sawing on an Abductor, you can hold O, but mashing is faster.

2. When looking at clothes, press Square. Each set of clothes has at least a few variations.

Renzo on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    smnqwqah4s24.jpg

Renzo on
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    2 things:

2. When looking at clothes, press Square. Each set of clothes has at least a few variations.

Oooooh, thank you for the tip! I didn't know that. *is on a quest of eternal cuteness*

sig.gif
  • Options
    Are the screenshots from a Vita TV or am I missing something on my Vita?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »

Press the PS button and the Start button at the same time. Screenshot!

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Entaru wrote: »

Press the PS button and the Start button at the same time. Screenshot!

Cool! Thank you.

Edit: I'll have screenshots later today then.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    I've been getting screenshots off my Vita by emailing them to myself. Is there a quicker way?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Tip: The beard option is under make-up for some strange reason.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    I've been getting screenshots off my Vita by emailing them to myself. Is there a quicker way?

I use the Vita twitter app to put my screenshots online (and brag a little about them on my twitter), than just grab the links from that.

Like so!

sig.gif
  • Options
    You can also Content Manager sync from the Photos app to your computer and get at them that way.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Ya, I just have mine set to connect wirelessly and grab them with the content manager.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Srsly guys I was up until 3 playing Freedom Wars. I have a problem.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

I have a worse problem: I was NOT up until 3 playing Freedom Wars.

• Options
    I was up till 12. I would have stayed up later but I was also drinking.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Zandracon wrote: »

yeah, just have to remember to shove entitlement points into your AI partners so they can bring better gear

Cool, thanks. Most of my vita time is spent on cross country flights, so don't want to go in on this if I need to be online to make progress. Will pick it up once I finish Dangan2.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Freedom Wars: What control scheme are people using? I keep going back and forth between Technical and Runner.

Flickr app.

Or wirelessly from the Content Manager.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    [ You have been fined 20 years for a waste of thread potential through double posting. ]

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Technical or hunter. Switching between the two til I decide.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I've switched to Technical. I need to be able to shoot from the hip and to reload at will.

• Options
    I've been using Hunter but I keep eying Technical.

• Options
    Sometime should just make a thread. I think some of us could keep it afloat.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I haven't changed mine. I'm afraid I'll get destroyed while learning a new scheme. Fucking muscle memory, man.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I aaaaalmost didn't change my control scheme for that very reason. But then I thought, "wait, I don't like the thorn default and dash attack is hard to do with this. I must change it now or be forever stuck!"

So yeah, I'm using the Sprinter control scheme now. Just feels more natural to me.

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I keep watching my delivery status, willing it to change.

If Freedom Wars doesn't arrive today there will be a sternly worded letter seething with impotent rage in Amazon's future!

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I'm using Technical. I was learning the default controls, and I was thinking "This aiming and shooting with R button is great! But hitting R and getting the Thorn instead while not aiming is killing me. Also, I wish that Square button wasn't another attack button, but reload, like in a lot of shooters. I like the default controls enough with melee weapons... wait, let me look at the control options..."

And lo and behold! Technical is abso-frickin'-lutely perfect for me. Now I can use the Guns just like a 3rd person shooter, and I can use the melee weapons just like Monster Hunter. PERFECTION.

Currently at CODE 6. The game seems a bit easy so far. I've only ever failed the "control points" missions, and that's just from learning the maps. The full life from a revive seems a bit too generous, IMO. So is having 4 hunters + 4 robot friends all wailing away on a robot (the game does throw multiple abductors at you early, though, which makes the action even more chaotic). In fact, I'd say that the adds (humans with guns) are more deadly than the abductors generally are, at least to the player. The NPC helpers tend to clump up, which makes them a prime target for the Abductor AoE attacks.

I'm digging the shower of robot parts that fall from the abductors when you are beating on them. It's monster part heaven! Shoot a limb a couple of times, you get a bit. Shoot the wings, you get a bob. Shoot everything and get lots of bits and bobs.

Currently, I'm rockin' a longsword and a heavy rocket launcher. I didn't like the feeling of doing so little damage per shot, and the heavy rocket launchers make me feel like I'm doing something useful instead of throwing spitballs. The sniper rifles are similar in "weight" as far as damage, but I'm sticking with heavy rockets for now (more upgrades, more powerful).

By the way, from what I'm reading online, weapons all have different "growth" rates when it comes to upgrades. Weapons that start with a lower attack power at level 1 generally level up faster, and eventually outpace other similar weapons that start with higher attack power at level 1. So the shitty-looking weapons upgrade better than the ones with high initial attack. :-P

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Houn wrote: »

I get sleepy at about 10pm. So this was my problem as well. Stupid internal clock. I'm still only on CODE 2! (Though, I'm not really in a rush, I just wanna play more. )

sig.gif
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I love the concept of systematically destroying robot components in games as I fight them(going way back to Neo Geo days), so the cutting blades are pretty much permanently affixed to a weapon slot for me. I'll just use a machine gun for human opponents, and the rest of the fight I'm basically attached to an abductor severing away at its limbs. CUT CUT CUT

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Lovely wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »

I get sleepy at about 10pm. So this was my problem as well. Stupid internal clock. I'm still only on CODE 2! (Though, I'm not really in a rush, I just wanna play more. )

I don't even own it, though. That's probably the bigger problem.

Today IS payday, though...

• Options
    OK, you all have convinced me. I swapped over to Technical. Let's see if I get my face stomped.

I also put the Lock-On control to Automatic.

It's really refreshing to play a handheld game with so many control scheme options.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    D8IZyEl.jpg

Seidkona on
  • Options
    Any tips for upgrading/modifying weapons? So far I'm just upgrading as far as my manufacturing level will allow, and modifying when another weapon has a useful-looking modification I want to steal.

This discussion has been closed.