As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PS Vita: Get ready, Gust and Nihon Falcom herald Vita 2015

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    As much as I loved Gravity Rush, the load times after every challenge attempt really killed the game for me.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    As much as I loved Gravity Rush, the load times after every challenge attempt really killed the game for me.

Ah, yeah, that's definitely a mark against it.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Hopefully Gravity Rush 2 fixes that.

Hopefully we get a Gravity Rush 2. It's been a year or so since that teaser video.

• baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Gravity Rush was fantastic; I got it through PS+ and I'm sorely tempted to pick up a physical copy just so I can never be subject to server shenanigans.

I just got the 5th demon in Demon Gaze last night and got told to get my butt into the castle, so I have the feeling it's about to get difficult. Fortunately my gazer has an offhand that swings six times in a round and has random effects of paralysis and KO, which absolutely trivialized the Neptune fight because she couldn't summon new seeds.

Also, *huff* *huff* Fran Butt *moe* Pudding

• WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    I got Unchained Blades based on people talking it up and got bored in the first hour. Usually this community and I are in perfect sync, but not that time. However... there is STILL talk of Demon Gaze happening and I've got some PSN bux sitting in my account. Is Demon Gaze like Unchained Blades? I'll be up front, I don't know what is different about Etrian Odyssey, Eye of the Beholder, etc but I enjoyed those so much more.

You need to be more specific about what you mean by "is x like x". That doesn't tell me anything about what you're looking for, especially since you didn't say what you didn't like about Unchained Blades. (though the army battle mini-game bullshit was indeed a killer for me, even though I liked the rest of the game a lot)

Is it a first-person dungeon crawler? Yes.

Otherwise? No, for the most part not really.

• WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    You need to be more specific about what you mean by "is x like x". That doesn't tell me anything about what you're looking for, especially since you didn't say what you didn't like about Unchained Blades. (though the army battle mini-game bullshit was indeed a killer for me, even though I liked the rest of the game a lot)

That's pretty much all I was looking for. Like I said, I can't put my finger on what bored me about Unchained Blades. All I know is I didn't like it. As long as Demon Gaze is different enough that someone wouldn't describe it as being similar I'm happy to get into another dungeon crawler.

• bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Just beat Tales of Hearts R. This game is really good, you guys. The most impressive part about it all is how consistently really good it is. It looks nice, sounds great, the combat and action are paced and designed well, the localization is pretty strong, and the plot keeps you moving. Really hard to find much of any kind of flaw in it. Highly recommended.

Really tempted to start an NG+ or do some post-game quests, but I need to move on to Suikoden before the next deluge of Vita games hits us.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    ArsTechnica has some of their stuff from the PlayStation Experience up. They are stoked about Severed, a Vita game by the makers of Guacamelee:
    Were this an event like E3, complete with "Best In Show" tags slapped onto every podium, we might have slapped an Ars Technica logo and some giant hearts on this PlayStation Vita game. This first-person dungeon-delving RPG doesn't look or feel anything like similar genre reboot Legend of Grimrock, even though both share a surface similarity of on-rails traversal.

Severed stands out in a few ways. For one, its on-rails control and slow pacing combine to allow the developers to tell stories via stark visual detail. Drinkbox Studios, the makers of Guacamelee, put their desert-tinged Techicolor chops to great effect in building a gorgeous mix of destroyed homes, harrowing caves, and tropical jungles, and each 90-degree turn you take unveils yet another set piece worth staring at and dissecting to figure out what your lead character has suffered and her quest to come.

Even better than that is the game's touchscreen-centric battle system, which surrounds players with enemies at every angle that must be blocked and countered with taps and swipes. The bottom of the screen flashes with prompts when the enemies behind or beside you are about to strike, and managing this system felt refreshing in an otherwise staid world of RPG battle mechanics. This is exactly the kind of touch-powered game Vita needs if Sony expects people to continue caring about its little handheld-that-could. We'll be first in line to play this one when it launches in 2015.
    Link here:
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/12/sony-bets-it-all-on-indie-at-playstations-vegas-expo/

I haven't even heard of this one, but I'm totally hype now.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    Yeah, there's a Severed video pages back, from when the show happened. It looks pretty interesting.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular

That's pretty much all I was looking for. Like I said, I can't put my finger on what bored me about Unchained Blades. All I know is I didn't like it. As long as Demon Gaze is different enough that someone wouldn't describe it as being similar I'm happy to get into another dungeon crawler.

yeah, the feel of DG is very different from UB. I like it a lot better.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

Hopefully we get a Gravity Rush 2. It's been a year or so since that teaser video.

If Gravity Rush 2 isn't on Vita (and given how Sony's pushed pretty much all of their first-party studios on to the PS4, that wouldn't be a surprise) I will be super disappointed. I'll still play it and love it, but I will be disappointed.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »

If Gravity Rush 2 isn't on Vita (and given how Sony's pushed pretty much all of their first-party studios on to the PS4, that wouldn't be a surprise) I will be super disappointed. I'll still play it and love it, but I will be disappointed.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Gravity Rush 1+2 for the PS4.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Awesome, because I really really didn't want it to all be over. This game is amazing.

Just make sure you look up a spoiler-free guide to how to get all the extra story and the best endings. This is what I used, and it worked pretty well.

http://draculascave.co/2013/09/08/guide-how-to-unlock-the-true-ending-and-epilogue-in-persona-4-golden/

uyvfOQy.png
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    The direction the franchise suddenly developed, the P4-cast's hijinks are functionally eternal.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm expecting at least cameos in P5. More likely a whole DLC chapter with them, like The Answer. Or maybe just buying them as playable characters.

uyvfOQy.png
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    turns out it was chie in a mask that chained all those students to their desks

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    They're sacrifices to the Meat Dimension.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    They're sacrifices to the Meat Dimension.

Any actual carnivore would be able to break free of course. (Or a Persona user, I guess. It takes a LOT more than chains for them)

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    I picked up Tales of Heart R since I was at Gamestop. I'll probably start it this weekend (and thus not finish Persona Q). I should really finish one game before moving on to the next.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
    bss wrote: »
    Just beat Tales of Hearts R. This game is really good, you guys. The most impressive part about it all is how consistently really good it is. It looks nice, sounds great, the combat and action are paced and designed well, the localization is pretty strong, and the plot keeps you moving. Really hard to find much of any kind of flaw in it. Highly recommended.

Really tempted to start an NG+ or do some post-game quests, but I need to move on to Suikoden before the next deluge of Vita games hits us.

There's an obscene number of post-game quests to do apparently. Easily enough to cover another day or more worth of play. I've been going through the ones that are interesting enough to do and they'll keep you busy for a while.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Picked up Modnation Racers and Unit 13 last night at best buy for 5 bucks each. Resistance and Thieves in Time are at 5 too, but my best buy didn't have any of those.

Has anyone played Unit 13? I don't know anything about it.

Steam: offday
    anoffday wrote: »
    Picked up Modnation Racers and Unit 13 last night at best buy for 5 bucks each. Resistance and Thieves in Time are at 5 too, but my best buy didn't have any of those.

Has anyone played Unit 13? I don't know anything about it.

It was one of those launch games that some people were okay with. I didn't think much of it. If I want a shooter on my Vita I'll play Uncharted or Killzone.

Also, can I just say I'm super-hyped for Resogun on Vita this Tuesday? I am gonna' play the crap out of that.

• nusunusu Registered User regular
    Best Buy's at it again. Freedom Wars, Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead s2, God of War collection, Sly collection, MLB The Show 14 are all $15 this week. You may need to grab them online, as I haven't seen many of these in store lately.

• b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    Damnit. Now I have to play the should I buy freedom wars at 15 bucks again...I thought I dodged that bullet before.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
    Also, can I just say I'm super-hyped for Resogun on Vita this Tuesday? I am gonna' play the crap out of that.

Absolutely. I'm kind of jealous that EU got it a week earlier than us.
    nusu wrote: »
    Best Buy's at it again. Freedom Wars, Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead s2, God of War collection, Sly collection, MLB The Show 14 are all $15 this week. You may need to grab them online, as I haven't seen many of these in store lately.

Hmm. I might be in for GoW and Sly at that price. Those games aren't really my bag exactly, but I like collections and junk.

Absolutely. I'm kind of jealous that EU got it a week earlier than us.
    nusu wrote: »

Hmm. I might be in for GoW and Sly at that price. Those games aren't really my bag exactly, but I like collections and junk.

They're pretty great, as far as collections go. GoW2 remains pretty awesome, and I fell right back in love with Sly 2 when I booted it up. Also, I was playing the Ratchtet & Clank collection last week, and those games have lost none of their joy.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Jump Stars Victory Versus is officially being localized, with a + added to the title and additional content, to Vita/PS4/PS3.

You can thank me, as I double imported the game a while ago. I am now 3/3 with games I imported for the Vita later getting announced for localization.

Jump Stars Victory Versus is officially being localized, with a + added to the title and additional content, to Vita/PS4/PS3.

You can thank me, as I double imported the game a while ago. I am now 3/3 with games I imported for the Vita later getting announced for localization.

Wow. That is pretty unexpected, given the likely licensing maneuvering necessary to make that even attempt to happen. Unless maybe Jump has started taking more precise control over rights. Hmm.

Wow. That is pretty unexpected, given the likely licensing maneuvering necessary to make that even attempt to happen. Unless maybe Jump has started taking more precise control over rights. Hmm.

Considering it's only Jump properties, it's not as bad as you think.

In Japan, Shueisha and Toei own the rights. In Amerca, Funimation and Viz own the licenses to the vast majority of the titles released out here.

Viz is a partial subsidiary of Shueisha. Funimation has a licensing deal and good partnership with Toei. And I'm not sure if Crunchroll has anything other than streaming rights, but if they do they're probably willing to play ball.

Oh! The Winner of the the Democracy Vote-Off for the heroine of the next Spinoff Neptuina game was decided.
    npoll01b2oshk.jpg

Blacnc. 40,308 votes, nearly double #2.

#2. Iffy 26,321 votes (The people with taste that lost.)
    #3. NepNep 25,900 votes(WHY! SHE HAS ENOUGH GAMES ALREADY!)
    #4 Your Mistress Iris Heart 24,982 votes (She needs to make more people bow down before her).

Full results here.
    http://www.compileheart.com/neptune/vote/result2014/

DEMOCRACY HAS FAILED!

• TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Iris Heart deserved more. Perhaps next time

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Hmm. I was under the impression that Jak and Daxter were very similar to Ratchet and Clank but it seems I was mistaken. Other than being platforming/comedy they are almost completely different.

From the newest PlayStation Dengeki:
    Keiichi Toyama (SCEJ)
    It's been a long time since new information about the new Gravity Daze has surfaced, but people will understand immediately why when they see new footage.

Some people assume this means it's now a PS4 game. Could be.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Hmm. I was under the impression that Jak and Daxter were very similar to Ratchet and Clank but it seems I was mistaken. Other than being platforming/comedy they are almost completely different.

I think it's because the two have similar art styles and both released around the same time (Jak and Daxter 2001, Ratchet and Clank 2002). I can't speak for R&C, but after the first game J&D added guns to the formula, making it even more similar. The two studios have always been friendly, though, and even put easter eggs of each other in their games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Oz2szj_ZE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsMIPOTalzw

Apparently we are also getting One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 this summer.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I'll continue with J&D2 then. So far I feel like had I played it when it came out I would have loved it.

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    From the newest PlayStation Dengeki:
    Keiichi Toyama (SCEJ)
    It's been a long time since new information about the new Gravity Daze has surfaced, but people will understand immediately why when they see new footage.

Some people assume this means it's now a PS4 game. Could be.

Ugh. If it is, I'm out. Gravity Rush was a perfect fit on Vita and I can't imagine playing it on a TV.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Apparently even people who are into JRPGs worry about buying a Vita for one game and not have anything else to play on it.

Edit:
    This is a fully-voiced port of the game with high-res graphics, tweaks to facial expressions (such as characters blinking), redone movies, new illustrations, fully rearranged music, and other improvements.

Trails in the Sky Evolution is slated for release sometime in 2015.

Despair!

PLA on
This discussion has been closed.