As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

check your [chat]lege

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    taking "responsibility" for it reaaaaaally worked out well for manning

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Snowden would have had to reevaluate his entire actions I think, from the day he realised he was uncomfortable with what was happening with his job.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    anyway the peace prize being given to either Snowden or Manning would be ridiculous. And of the two the only one I'd say did something that could maybe be argued to be slightly related is Snowden, not that I would agree with that argument.

Not that the diplomatic corps in every nation that wasn't the US didn't have a lot of fun with Manning's leaks but what's that got to do with peace?

And while I don't put the blame on the increased tensions on Snowden of course, it's not like it had anything to do with anything else related to the peace prize

Malala is a good choice. Human rights stuff might be a bit of a stretch to fit into the wording of Nobel's will but it's been there since the beginning of the prize, with the red cross getting it for their work on getting POWs home after WWI and such

I don't see any way in which either Snowden or Manning could be seen to fulfill any of the requirements - "done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Snowden would have had to reevaluate his entire actions I think, from the day he realised he was uncomfortable with what was happening with his job.

Yes. If Snowden didn't pump up his importance through all of this, if he combed through the data and removed references to actual agents and assets in the field before blowing that whistle, and if he allowed himself to be arrested AFTER letting the entire world know that something truly fucked up is going on?

This would have played out differently, he would still have his passport, and I suspect he would not still be in prison (though you bet your ass his clearances would all be permanently revoked good luck getting a job in the field again).

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    All should agree, regardless of your opinions on WikiLeaks, that Assange is a douche

I mean just look at the fucker

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Snowden didn't increase tensions, because he didn't reveal anything that government didn't already know.

Which is what pisses me off about him, he's running around point at the sky and saying it's blue like it's a big secret.

The reason tensions are high between us and Russia is because Putin has a tiny penis.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    it's sad how often i need to use find my iphone in my own bedroom

poo
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    time for coffee

poo
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Didn't it turn out he just got the job to be in a position to leak stuff, or did that turn out to be nonsense?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »

Yes. If Snowden didn't pump up his importance through all of this, if he combed through the data and removed references to actual agents and assets in the field before blowing that whistle, and if he allowed himself to be arrested AFTER letting the entire world know that something truly fucked up is going on?

This would have played out differently, he would still have his passport, and I suspect he would not still be in prison (though you bet your ass his clearances would all be permanently revoked good luck getting a job in the field again).
    How long would have that taken? I don't recall detail but I thought the info dump was truly massive.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Snowden didn't increase tensions, because he didn't reveal anything that government didn't already know.

Which is what pisses me off about him, he's running around point at the sky and saying it's blue like it's a big secret.

The reason tensions are high between us and Russia is because Putin has a tiny penis.

he totally increased tensions because when the US wants to arrest a public figure, and Putin says "naw he's on our turf whatcha gonna do" that is an increase in tension, however small.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular

Would 900% still be in prison. You don't embarrass that many powerful people and not escape prison

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    Elendil wrote: »

I mean

MLK went to prison.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    it's sad how often i need to use find my iphone in my own bedroom

https://www.thetileapp.com

edit: this would require you having a second bluetooth-capable device should you lose your phone of course.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options

Would 900% still be in prison. You don't embarrass that many powerful people and not escape prison

also all the laws he broke

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    What's the title of that song that goes "na-na na-na-na ooh-oh oh"?

I think it was used in one of the trailers for that Steve Jobs Movie with Ashton Kutcher.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

I mean

MLK went to prison.

i highly doubt poor ol chelsea will be seeing the outside of a cell for at least 20 years

and a lot of people will always consider her a traitor

• Options

I think it was used in one of the trailers for that Steve Jobs Movie with Ashton Kutcher.

Mackelmore and Ryan Lewis Can't Hold Us

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Ugh. Its Friday

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Latch with Sam Smith?

• Options
    Tensions between Russia and the west are rising because Putin honestly believes the USSR has just been taking a short break

• Options
    Casual wrote: »

I mean

MLK went to prison.

i highly doubt poor ol chelsea will be seeing the outside of a cell for at least 20 years

i mean

yeah

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

I mean

MLK went to prison.

only reason she isn't is some strange stuff from your founding due to english kings'... loose use of the accusation, so you only have war treason

if the US had norwegian law it would be very clear cut treason - landsforræderi, the kind that goes against the security and sovereignty of the nation

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

I mean

MLK went to prison.

i mean

yeah

i guess my point is

i doubt history will judge her as kindly as it did MLK

• Options
    Tensions between Russia and the west are rising because Putin honestly believes the USSR has just been taking a short break

well, is he wrong?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    blah, staying up late to play Destiny was unsurprisingly not a great idea in hindsight. oh wells. i'll live.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options

Uh, by the "Thrift Shop" guys?

I did not know that.

i am bad at popular music.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular

nords more like nerds

• Options
    speaking of treason I really did think Breivik would be charged with High Treason

but I guess that would have involved a lot of arguments about the nature of his intentions behind bombing the government quarter and in retrospect I've come to the conclusion that it would probably not stick

not that there was any need to put additional charges on him

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
  • Options

I did not know that.

Arguably a more popular song than Thrift Shop too. It's a cleaner song requiring less editing to be used on radio and in ads, its really positive...

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    oh man I really hope they go for the alternatives there because I hate those pixel art ones

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

well, is he wrong?

yes

he is

Russia is a flyweight compared to the USSR at its peak

if he thinks he can throw his weight around like the USSR could in the post war period he's deluded, the idea of Russia alone being in the same power league as NATO is a joke

sure they have enough nukes to guarentee no one can fuck with them, but their conventional forces make them a regional power at best

• Options
    oh man I really hope they go for the alternatives there because I hate those pixel art ones

That's just one side of the bill - the other side is a more traditional image.

I think it is creative at least. The higher the valuation, the more corrupt and abstract the pixellation gets. I feel like there is a message there.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options

I did not know that.

Arguably a more popular song than Thrift Shop too. It's a cleaner song requiring less editing to be used on radio and in ads, its really positive...

Last two weeks, i heard Thrift shop at least once a day at work. This week, it was "Can't hold us".

i'm not a fan of "popular music", preferring unpopular music instead because i'm a goddamn hipster...

But I think i like Macklemore and Ryan Lewis.

• Options
  • Options

I mean

MLK went to prison.

i mean

yeah

i guess my point is

i doubt history will judge her as kindly as it did MLK

Well I'm not sure it should is one thing.

There are some questions I have about the way she was treated in prison that should be addressed, but the fact that she was arrested and imprisoned for leaking military secrets to a foreign dillweed is not a great injustice in my opinion.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

Fuck you, Abdhy, Pixel Art is what separates us from the animals.

This discussion has been closed.