As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] Season 2! Join the PAF community if you need a clan invite

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Ok, I'm back in.

My Wizard is every bit as fun as I remember. I might refine a bit, but I'm enjoying all the ways my demon procs and then running around like a maniac with fire chains screaming "THAT'S HOW IT FEELS, MOTHERFUCKER!" Fun times.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I'm really looking forward to that new wizard set piece they announced a while back. It just looks super cool/fun, and much more open to playing with multiple elements than firebird.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I'd just like Gem of Ease on PC.

Since. You know. It's dumb that it isn't.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I finally got a Leoric's Crown and now I don't know what to spend my shards on. I have a ton of shields and armor. I'm kinda loathe to use them on weapons but that's kinda where I'm at.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    I'd just like Gem of Ease on PC.

Since. You know. It's dumb that it isn't.
    i kind of hate what seasons have done to pc

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Is everyone playing this on PC? Is this a PC only thread?

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    most people here play pc i think. it is def not a pc only thread though. console talk is fully welcome

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Yeah it's just one of those things where the PC crowd has been much more active for much longer. Unfortunately the console players are split between XBox and PlayStation, and have had to deal with issues like duping.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I finally got a Leoric's Crown and now I don't know what to spend my shards on. I have a ton of shields and armor. I'm kinda loathe to use them on weapons but that's kinda where I'm at.

Depends on how you play.

-If you like alts and grift lvls aren't a priority, then I'd gear up some alts. Will be annoying because for T6, you'll be switching characters every four rifts when doing stuff with toons that you aren't spending shards on. It gets worse for rifts since upper 20 (I think at about lvl 28 or 29) you'll have to spend down every 3 grifts and it will eventually drop to 2 with the mid 30's. I don't know if it ever drops to just one grift, since I've only cleared a lvl 38 grift and then gotten a lvl 39 that I didn't beat the timer on and I didn't bother to remember how many shards the RG shitted out of its corpse. Also unless you're in a group, that is patient enough to let you switch characters, you'll be out of luck if you run into a blood thief that get you to the cap (aka you're spending those shards on the character that got them capped).

-If you're focusing on pushing grifts. I'd suggest getting all serviceable pieces replaced with better. I wouldn't focus on getting near perfect normal legs or better ancient items in a slot, until you get everything to the point where those are the only available upgrades because you'll be waiting a very long time for near perfect normal legs or the ancient versions that are better than what you have. I'm currently doing this with my Sader, trying to get an ancient Leoric's Crown because my current one is socket/6%CHC/str/armor (Yeah, the armor makes me sad) with a 98% bonus to socketed gems. Hilariously, I've gotten two really good ancient akkhan helms (one that is great for my petsader build since it's phalanx damage/6% CHC/Socket/str and the other will be nice for more universal builds that can't fit a Leoric's Crown, since it has vit instead of phalanx damage). If I ever get that crown, I'll probably work on trying to get a better phalanx shield (granted, I wonder if I should bother with trying for a weapon, but that seems like it would be maddening and I'd rather try for the cheaper items, in the hopes that a good ancient weapons drops for me from killing monster, breaking vases and opening every lootable item I can in the process of farming shards.

-Incidentally, I probably should farm up some keys for ubers. I'm thinking a good one might be great for my condemn crusader and one would work great for my witch pet doctor. Granted, a good immunity amulet would probably work well to and probably would be easier to get. At some point, I'll probably try farming up an ancient RoRG, but I'll hold off on that until I don't have over 900 normal rift keystones and/or when Blizz fixes Ancient Legendary rolls, so that it'll be much harder for an Ancient RoRG to be worse than my current one with IAS/socket/str/CDR.

• Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    I've played Season 1 for about 250 hours and 536 Paragon levels without seeing a Furnace on my Crusader or Barbarian. I've even started gambling for 2-handers. But now even if one dropped I may not even use it, thanks to this pretty good Maximus.

kbGALno.jpg

Yeah, that'll do.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    I have one furnace, but it rolled dexterity so

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Anyone know if/how the piercing on Buriza interacts with cluster arrow : maelstrom?

If it's up to 3 rocket blooms, or rockets can hit 3 times, that sounds like it could be ridiculous

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Mill wrote: »

Depends on how you play.

*/snip good advice on shard gambling*

-Incidentally, I probably should farm up some keys for ubers. I'm thinking a good one might be great for my condemn crusader and one would work great for my witch pet doctor. Granted, a good immunity amulet would probably work well to and probably would be easier to get. At some point, I'll probably try farming up an ancient RoRG, but I'll hold off on that until I don't have over 900 normal rift keystones and/or when Blizz fixes Ancient Legendary rolls, so that it'll be much harder for an Ancient RoRG to be worse than my current one with IAS/socket/str/CDR.

To your points about gambling, thanks for the advice. I have a bunch of 70s, but I am pretty dedicated to playing both my monk and my crusader. My 'sader's gear is in a pretty good place--I have 100% uptime on Akarat's and the key pieces for the standard pony build. I could of course squeeze more damage out of a bunch of pieces, but everything is either good or great for its slot. My priorities at this point are: weapon (Furnace, Heart Slaughter), legendary gem upgrades, alternate gear pieces to try different builds. There is of course pie-in-the-sky stuff (the perfect rings and amulets, for instance), but I don't see those as worth gambling.

WRT Hellfire: I've actually never farmed for a Hellfire Amulet. I would definitely like a good one. Are you on PC Americas? If so, let's get together and do some Hellfire stuff!

I'm woefully out of date on how all of that works since I stopped playing not long after they introduced the amulet.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I wonder if they'll plan on doing anything to Hellfire Rings to make them worth using because, you know, grinding out keys at a fifty percent drop rate is still a thing that is totally fun. At least Hellfire Amulets have potential to be useful in their slot.

butts
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Anyone know if/how the piercing on Buriza interacts with cluster arrow : maelstrom?

If it's up to 3 rocket blooms, or rockets can hit 3 times, that sounds like it could be ridiculous

rockets can't pierce

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options

rockets can't pierce
    I was thinking maybe the "arrow" portion could pierce, triggering extra rocket spreads

but I guess it figures that it doesn't, people would have already been talking about it

• Options
    Jookie wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll plan on doing anything to Hellfire Rings to make them worth using because, you know, grinding out keys at a fifty percent drop rate is still a thing that is totally fun. At least Hellfire Amulets have potential to be useful in their slot.
    Ya I dunno, hellfire rings are basically irrelevant, there's too much competition for finger slots and leveling is already brainless

Also, you're considerably more likely to get keys if you farm in a group, don't bother solo unless you're really bored I guess

• Options

rockets can't pierce
    I was thinking maybe the "arrow" portion could pierce, triggering extra rocket spreads

but I guess it figures that it doesn't, people would have already been talking about it
    its a ground target aoe

easy way to check is whether or not the attack is blocked by monster collision

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    Funny story: I found a Furnace last week during the community event stuff. A Furnace on the PS3 that is. Hahaha, the jokes on me...

• Options
    Mill wrote: »

Depends on how you play.

*/snip good advice on shard gambling*

To your points about gambling, thanks for the advice. I have a bunch of 70s, but I am pretty dedicated to playing both my monk and my crusader. My 'sader's gear is in a pretty good place--I have 100% uptime on Akarat's and the key pieces for the standard pony build. I could of course squeeze more damage out of a bunch of pieces, but everything is either good or great for its slot. My priorities at this point are: weapon (Furnace, Heart Slaughter), legendary gem upgrades, alternate gear pieces to try different builds. There is of course pie-in-the-sky stuff (the perfect rings and amulets, for instance), but I don't see those as worth gambling.

WRT Hellfire: I've actually never farmed for a Hellfire Amulet. I would definitely like a good one. Are you on PC Americas? If so, let's get together and do some Hellfire stuff!

I'm woefully out of date on how all of that works since I stopped playing not long after they introduced the amulet.

I'd be down for some group key farming. Definitely, something I'll have plenty of time for in S2. Less so for the rest of the season, since I do want to see if I can work my way back into the leader boards.

• Options
    Last week to get your season 1 transmogs!

I hit my xp goal for the season so I'm free to powerlevel if anyone still needs them, doesn't take long at all

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I have a mid-30s crusader on the seasonal that could use a levelin's

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    So which one of you killed B.net?

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    So which one of you killed B.net?

I just assume it's another DDoS attack. It's always a DDoS attack...

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I just assumed that it had to do with winter storm Juno.

Man do you think the hackers have summoned a blizzard to take down Blizzard?

• Options
    It's back up!

• Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    So I'm getting ready to do a solo GR 37 on my Barb and I notice that I have a stray 13% Hammer of the Ancients on my stat sheet. I check my gear and find that I'm wearing a really shitty pair of Raekor boots instead of my 499 STR, 480 VIT, 100 All Res pair. Apparently I switched them while farming and didn't notice that I salvaged the good pair? Awesome.

But on the plus side I've cleared GR 39 on my Crusader. Got wrecked in my first 40 attempt, but at least I'm able to grind out 40 keys in trials.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options

I hit my xp goal for the season so I'm free to powerlevel if anyone still needs them, doesn't take long at all

What is involved in getting the transmog? Just leveling the character to 70?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

What is involved in getting the transmog? Just leveling the character to 70?

Yup, and then you get the shoulders and head armor.

• Options
    Once my connection stops being derpy. I'll attempt to get back into the non-season Crusader rankings either tonight or tomorrow. I've currently got 9 lvl 36 keys and a lvl 38 one. Plan is to lvl up all the 36 ones first (granted, this is in the area where if I get the wrong map, density, mobs and elite affix combination I could end up failing), then do the same with lvl 37 keys (I'm pretty sure I'll definitely fail a few here), then attempt to beat my current lvl 38 time and possible see if I can beat GR 39 or better. I figure by the time I'm trying to be my personal best, I'll likely get a few more paragon lvls and hopefully some gems ranked up, (but we're talking like 60% for the ones I'm using and at 30% chance, I'm just going to upgrade other gems). Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll also find some gear upgrades.

I really need to find some place where I can check the math on ancient weapons because I have two really well rolled trash ones. Excluding the CHD gem, they are a 20% dps boost and that's without having 5 primary stats. I just don't know if the CHD gem and another primary would be enough to make them a better option that my current furnace that has 49% elite damage. One is 4k dps and the other is 4.1k dps. I also have 6 gifts in the stash, so I have not qualms using one if that will give me a weapon upgrade.

• Options
    Sneakman wrote: »
    So I'm getting ready to do a solo GR 37 on my Barb and I notice that I have a stray 13% Hammer of the Ancients on my stat sheet. I check my gear and find that I'm wearing a really shitty pair of Raekor boots instead of my 499 STR, 480 VIT, 100 All Res pair. Apparently I switched them while farming and didn't notice that I salvaged the good pair? Awesome.

But on the plus side I've cleared GR 39 on my Crusader. Got wrecked in my first 40 attempt, but at least I'm able to grind out 40 keys in trials.

It's stuff like this that really makes me question the inventory UI. Given when this game came out, there was absolutely no reason to go with the Tetris-lite BS that we have to deal with now other than old-school nostalgia.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Sneakman wrote: »

It's stuff like this that really makes me question the inventory UI. Given when this game came out, there was absolutely no reason to go with the Tetris-lite BS that we have to deal with now other than old-school nostalgia.

but inventory management is exciting and forces players to make tough decisions!

• Options
    RaziyaRaziya An Scrub VermontRegistered User regular
    Hai guys :D

I coerced @Shadowfire into coming back! And I've been playing again too. We moved and then the new WoW expansion came out and my brain melted. But yay demon slaying! I enjoyed sharding the same crappy legendaries as before. :)

156594_03fef74545a6b3c8.png
    Current obsession: Overwatch Battle.net: Raziya#1552
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    As a PS4 player, I have no idea what you're all talking about.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Raziya wrote: »

I coerced @Shadowfire into coming back! And I've been playing again too. We moved and then the new WoW expansion came out and my brain melted. But yay demon slaying! I enjoyed sharding the same crappy legendaries as before. :)

But some of those crappy legendaries are now Ancient crappy legendaries with a new, shiny border for their stat window! It's like a completely different game now.

• Options
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Raziya wrote: »

But some of those crappy legendaries are now Ancient crappy legendaries with a new, shiny border for their stat window! It's like a completely different game now.

I fixed that, since you seemed to have the bolded bit on the wrong part.

Seriously though, so much garbage to sort through. I did get a ring that was an upgrade, though, so yay me!

And I can still handle T6. Fear my firey chains and teleporting madness!

• Options
    T6 is basically the new T1, especially if you have gems leveled up.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    So, when are they implementing Ancient Torment levels again?

• Options
    sometime after Greatest Rifts

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    T6 is pretty much the lvl I drop some of my better dps options for things like boon of the hoarder and custerian wristguards, just to maximize xp gains and get more gold that I really don't need. Also allowed me to find a use for the ancient vaxo that I have, which is worse than my old one, since that saves me the hassle of having to socket and unsocket one gem (I just leave boon of the hoarder in it). Also finding that a pony build that switches unstoppable run for laws of valor and holy cause instead of indestructible passive, seems to work just fine. No longer even need unity for T6.

I'm on the face with Templar stuff. For T6 it's worth going dps on rings and shields. Not sure if there is anything better than ess or thunderfury (ess can usually gather up shit and thunderfury will usually break breakable times). Relics is where I'm really torn, Inquisitor saw the ancient one I got tonight. Would have been pleased if it was the immortal one, but it was the all skills relic and followers still die to some of the stupidest shit (like those demonic mines things from A3 that pop up and explode, they still one shot followers. Also most elite affixes still wreak followers). I'm pretty sure that it's only their skills that I don't get a benefit from when they are dead, so since I can pretty much wreak shit on T6 by myself, I guess the relic is worth equipping just for the increased xp (they actually made bonus xp from monster kills not shitty, since it scales with torment lvls now). I love how I was below 500 (490 something) at the start of this patch and I'm already at 524 (some of that is making xp stat not shit and some of it is that grifts give so much more xp now).

Slowly slogging through my grift keys. Did 4 GR 36s tonight and that's definitely at the iffy point for me, since I failed the timer on two. I'm also almost at the point where I can't get anything reasonable out of gem ranking on GR 36 for my three main gems. My mirinae can get one more rank and then at that point it's 30% chance and I'd rather spend my attempts on other gems. Also after getting my fourth ancient akkhan helm from Kadala, that rolled well, I said "fuck it, since the game loves giving me my set items, I should see if I can get good ancient versions of those first from shards before trying to get a better leoric's crown." I'm also thinking of possible looking into getting a good flavor of time for some more CDR, so that I could try a solo pony build that uses SoJ+full Akkhan set, instead of RRoG+Leoric's Crown+5pcs of the Akkhan set.