As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] Season 2! Join the PAF community if you need a clan invite

NogginNoggin Registered User regular
edited March 2015 in Games and Technology
LHB88gh.png
PA Clan - The Merch Hungers
Clan Information:
If you would like to join the clan, please start by joining the community, PAF. Join the community chat and ask for an invite, there will almost always be someone available to invite you!

Missed the Reaper of Souls feature list?
  • New Class - The Crusader
  • Act V, Level 70, 4th passive slot
  • Account-wide Paragon levels (still separated by softcore/hardcore/seasonal)
  • Loot 2.0: More frequent and more useful legendary items, and no Auction Houses!
  • New Gems: 5 new gem tiers, and diamonds!
  • Adventure Mode: Alternative to campaign mode, rewarding Bounties and challenging Rift dungeons with all waypoints unlocked.
  • Enchanting: Re-roll 1 property on an item to increase usability
  • Transmogrify: Customize your items' appearances

Noteworthy Patch changes and Hotfixes:
    2.1.2:
  • Ancient items - Small chance (based on Torment level) to find/craft a legendary with higher stat ranges
  • Buffed drop rates - The most coveted items are now approximately 2.5x more common

Previous changes:
  • Bounty Caches have 50% chance to drop a legendary on Torment 2, scaling to 100% on Torment 6.
  • Hellfire Organs also have a 100% drop rate on Torment 6. Keys still 50%
  • Kadala requires 5x as many blood shards, but is even more likely to sell a legendary
  • Jewelry enchanting now only requires Imperial Gems
  • Seasons - Similar to Diablo II Ladder, Seasonal mode offers a fresh start, along with a few extra legendary items and special transmog appearances for hitting level 70. At the end of the season, the items in your seasonal stash will appear as mail for you non-season characters, and your total seasonal paragon XP (not # of levels) will be added to your non-seasonal XP.
  • Greater Rifts - Like regular rifts but mainly for ladder competition or acquiring/leveling legendary gems (below). You will need excellent gear and specific items to reach the top, however the early levels are extremely accessible and can still be rewarding.
  • Greed - Treasure Goblins have a small chance to open a portal to the realm of Greed, containing millions of gold and a special boss that drops the Boon of the Hoarder legendary gem.
  • Ramaladni's Gift - A rare consumable that will put a socket into a weapon as an extra primary, save it to make a great weapon.

List of Legendary Gems
New with Season 2:
Esoteric Alteration
Gain 10% non-Physical damage reduction.
Increase per Rank: 0.5% damage reduction
Rank 25 bonus: While below half life, your resistances to Cold, Fire, Lightning, Poison and Arcane are increased by 75%.

Gem of Ease - Weapons only
Monster kills grant +500 experience.
Increase per Rank: +50 xp
Rank 25 bonus: Level Requirement Set to 1.

Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard
Regenerates 10,000 Life per Second.
Increase per Rank: 1,000 additional Life per Second.
Rank 25 bonus: After not taking damage for 4 seconds, gain an absorb shield for 200% of your total Life per Second.

Original gems:
Bane of the Powerful
Gain 20% increased damage for 30.0 seconds after killing an elite pack.
Increase per Rank: +1.0 second
Rank 25 bonus: Increases damage against elites by 15.0%

Bane of the Trapped
Increase damage against enemies under the effects of control-impairing effects by 15.00%
Increase per Rank: +0.3%
Rank 25 bonus: Gain an aura that reduces the movement speed of enemies withing 15 yards by 30%

Boon of the Hoarder
25.0% chance on killing an enemy to cause an explosion of gold.
Increase per Rank: +1.5%
Rank 25 bonus: Gain 30% increased movement speed for 2 seconds after picking up gold

Enforcer
Increase the damage of your pets by 15.00%.
Increase per Rank: +0.30%
Rank 25 bonus: Your pets take 25% less damage

Gem of Efficacious Toxin
Posion all enemies hit for 2000% weapon damage over 10 seconds.
Increase per Rank: +50%
Rank 25 bonus: All enemies you poison take 10% increased damage from all sources

Gogok of Swiftness
50.0% chance on hit to gain Swiftness, increasing your attack Speed by 1% for 4 seconds. This effect stacks up to 15 times.
Increase per Rank: +1.0% chance on hit
Rank 25 bonus: Gain 1% Cooldown Reduction per stack of Swiftness

Invigorating Gemstone
While under any control-impairing effects, reduce all damage taken by 30.0%.
Increase per Rank: +0.4%
Rank 25 bonus: Heal for 20% of maximum life when hit by a control-impairing effect

Mirinae, Teardrop of the Starweaver
15% chance on hit to smite a nearby enemy for 2000% weapon damage as Holy.
Increase per Rank: +40%
Rank 25 bonus: Smite a nearby enemy every 5 seconds

Moratorium
25% of all damage taken is instead staggered and dealt to you over 3.00 seconds.
Increase per Rank: +0.1 seconds
Rank 25 bonus: 10% chance on kill to clear all staggered damage

Pain Enhancer
Critical hits cause the enemy to bleed for 1200.0% weapon damage as Physical for 3 seconds.
Increase per Rank: +30.0%
Rank 25 bonus: Gain Blood Frenzy, granting you 3% increased Attack Speed for each bleeding enemy withing 20 yards

Simplicity's Strength
Increase the damage of primary skills by 25.0%.
Increase per Rank: +0.5%
Rank 25 bonus: Primary skills heal you for 2% of maximum health on hit

Taeguk
Gain 0.5% increased damage for 3 seconds after spending primary resource. This effect stacks up to 20 times.
Increase per Rank: +1 maximum stack
Rank 25 bonus: Gain 0.5% increased Armor for every stack

Wreath of Lightning
15% chance on hit to gain a Wreath of Lightning, dealing 600.0% weapon damage as Lightning every second to nearby enemies for 3 seconds.
Increase per Rank: +10.0%
Rank 25 bonus: While under the effect of the Wreath of Lightning, gain 25% increased movement speed

Zei's Stone of Vengeance
Damage you deal is increased by 4.00% for every 10 yards between you and the enemy hit. Maximum 20.00% > increase at 50 yards.
Increase per Rank: +0.05%, +0.25% maximum
Rank 25 bonus: 20% chance on hit to Stun the enemy for 1 second

Finally, some other helpful resources from the previous OPs:
- Thanks to Previous Thread makers @Skab, @GoodKingJayIII, @Bethryn, @Shen, @SkutSkut, @HexDex, @_J_ , and @Noggin

Battletag: Noggin#1936
Noggin on

• Options
    rwextremerwextreme Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »

Most of the regular players already know, but for people who don't frequent the game or are returning after a break the Kadala information is out of date. As of patch 2.0.5 Kadala can drop torment specific legendary items including set item. She still does not drop cache specific legendary items.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Good call, corrected.

Her new drop rate is pretty funny at times. Can go 15-20 items with nothing and then get 2 out of 3. RNG!

Noggin on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hooray!

Blizzcon is November 7-9, more information on the next patch will be revealed then.

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Big fan of the new thread title :D

Edit: Why oh why does the game give me 2 pairs of Frostburns but no Dex Taskers? Le sigh.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    AxonAxon Registered User regular
    Is there a PA clan for Xbox One D3 peeps?

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Axon wrote: »
    Is there a PA clan for Xbox One D3 peeps?

ditto but change Xbone with PS4?

• Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    Can you even have clans in the console versions? I've never seen anything that suggested that was a thing (at least on PS4)

• Options
    Can you even have clans in the console versions? I've never seen anything that suggested that was a thing (at least on PS4)

I'm pretty sure you can't but it's worth an ask. :P

And I STILL need more co-op buddies for the PS4. PSN ID is Magic_Pink. The 4 I had never play anymore. You all got shitloads of prezzies waiting for you if you ever log your asses in, by gum.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »

Exactly! Nothing stops the Pony Crusade . . . except waller walls, stair railing, narrow windy passages, lack of floor, those random rocks in some zones that count indestructible obstacles . . and lack of wrath.

In more serious discussion, I just hope we're not stuck waiting to Blizzcon to hear anything about the next patch. I would like to at least hear from the devs on what issues they considered a problem out of the list of complaints about the game. I'm fine if they keep new features, season legendary items and new legendary affixes for existing items under wraps until then.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Mill wrote: »

Exactly! Nothing stops the Pony Crusade . . . except waller walls, stair railing, narrow windy passages, lack of floor, those random rocks in some zones that count indestructible obstacles . . and lack of wrath.

In more serious discussion, I just hope we're not stuck waiting to Blizzcon to hear anything about the next patch. I would like to at least hear from the devs on what issues they considered a problem out of the list of complaints about the game. I'm fine if they keep new features, season legendary items and new legendary affixes for existing items under wraps until then.

They've already said pet durability, quantities of gems (IE you need emeralds badly and all you get are topaz, so something to change A to B), and more refinement to the trial/grift model are things they want to change so far

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'd like to fix some of the stash/inventory management problems and enchanting issues...but who knows when that'll ever be addressed.

Other than that, lots of stuff for me to still do in 2.1, so I'm not pushing for a new patch anytime soon! At least there's one benefit to being a little more casual ;-)

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    So this is my crusader. At this point I can solo T5 okay. I die a couple times depending on the elites but can finish it. However, I can't do T6 at all and still die a bunch when playing with friends at that level. That and killing elites still takes like a minutes sometimes instead of the 5 - 10 seconds everyone talks about. I realize I need better boots and a better necklace, but any suggestions otherwise? With my new shield, I'm at something like 54% CDR.

• Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »

I'm considering going back to Condemn, just because I seem to blow at positioning for the ponies.

• Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

And I STILL need more co-op buddies for the PS4. PSN ID is Magic_Pink. The 4 I had never play anymore. You all got shitloads of prezzies waiting for you if you ever log your asses in, by gum.

I'm not sure if I'm on your list or not, but mine is VincentGrayon (that's Grayson without the 's'), and I end up playing D3 pretty regularly now that my kids are into it.

• Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    I've exclusively played crusader in season 1, but thanks to playing with @HooverFan‌ and @rwextreme‌ I've got 5/6 Marauders pieces (still need the shoulders), Bombardiers Rucksack, Harrington Waistguard and the seasonal bow. Couple this with the dex RoRG and dex Unity I found and I've got a pretty solid M6 build. Now if only I had a seasonal demon hunter!

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Omg, Sneak...I need to play with Hoover more as well. I need all that M Chest, Rucksack, belt, bow, etc...haha. At least the game gifted me with a STR Unity! ... ... ...
    shadowane wrote: »
    So this is my crusader. At this point I can solo T5 okay. I die a couple times depending on the elites but can finish it. However, I can't do T6 at all and still die a bunch when playing with friends at that level. That and killing elites still takes like a minutes sometimes instead of the 5 - 10 seconds everyone talks about. I realize I need better boots and a better necklace, but any suggestions otherwise? With my new shield, I'm at something like 54% CDR.

Just some basic suggestions. Be on the lookout for a Vigilante Belt for more CDR. Also, replacing diamonds with rubies might give you a bit of a dps boost, at the cost of survivability (but you should upgrade your gems if you can afford either way). If you're dying, switch Akkarat to Prophet.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Omg, Sneak...I need to play with Hoover more as well. I need all that M Chest, Rucksack, belt, bow, etc...haha. At least the game gifted me with a STR Unity! ... ... ...

Just some basic suggestions. Be on the lookout for a Vigilante Belt for more CDR. Also, replacing diamonds with rubies might give you a bit of a dps boost, at the cost of survivability (but you should upgrade your gems if you can afford either way). If you're dying, switch Akkarat to Prophet.
    Yeah once I get the Akkhan's chestpiece so I can use Leoric's Crown, my next step is gambling belts for vigilante. As for gems, I don't think I can change the diamonds to rubies yet since I still die really easily. And yes I shouldn't be lazy and should upgrade my ruby. Thanks!

edit: As for using prophet, unfortunately the firestarter rune is pretty necessary to this build to kill elites and such so I can't really swap it out.
    edit2: I'm working on a better RoRG as well and of course got one with native CC last night which would have been useful but it rolled intellect. Smart loot!

shadowane on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Yesterday was a pretty good day for my seasonal crusader.
    Kadala gave me a Jekangboard. Doesn't seem to have great rolls, but I get to watch glowy shields bouncing everywhere. Seems more effective then Fist of the Heavens which I was using.
    Then I got a Countess Cameo from a rift that seems pretty nice.
    w35xmd7rfyzd.png
    :D

Then I went broke upgrading the emerald in my Spark of Life.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Great Countess! Not sure which to reroll for socket eventually...attack speed? Though losing the STR makes it nice for all classes...I just don't know math.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    i'd just drop the ias for a socket really

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

Try and gamble for Shields to get an Unrelenting Phalanx. That's basically the only item you need to run the Phalanx-Stampede build (aka MURDERPONIES). A good 2h helps as well.

Otherwise, you want sockets in your ring and amulet for legendary gems. A Leoric's Crown will help a lot. Better belt (Vigilante Belt) would help too.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Attack speed isn't terribly useful for crusaders. I would do that since you can't have socket and elemental damage on that so it's not the best amulet ever for all classes.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna have to enslave Hooverbutts so I can get my Marauder's shoulders.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    Great Countess! Not sure which to reroll for socket eventually...attack speed? Though losing the STR makes it nice for all classes...I just don't know math.

Definitely reroll the attack speed for a socket. Most classes and specs favor slower attacks with higher weapon damage, so attack speed just makes you spend your resource faster without providing any additional damage per cast. There are exceptions but attack speed is generally not useful for a crusader.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I'm not sure if I'm on your list or not, but mine is VincentGrayon (that's Grayson without the 's'), and I end up playing D3 pretty regularly now that my kids are into it.

You're not...

but you will be

• Options
    That makes sense on attack speed with Saders...I never thought about that and that's probably why my shotgun crusader is gathering dust in the corner! I'm in the DH mindset right now that means MOAR attack speed.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    That makes sense on attack speed with Saders...I never thought about that and that's probably why my shotgun crusader is gathering dust in the corner! I'm in the DH mindset right now that means MOAR attack speed.

Just have enough to hit the desired breakpoint with your sentries though. Any attack speed beyond that is a wasted stat until you hit the next breakpoint, at least as far as your sentries are concerned.

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

I'm off all weekend starting tonight and it'll be the last you see of me after since PRE-SEQUEL WOOOOOOOOOOOO is tuesday

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    Sneakman wrote: »

Definitely reroll the attack speed for a socket. Most classes and specs favor slower attacks with higher weapon damage, so attack speed just makes you spend your resource faster without providing any additional damage per cast. There are exceptions but attack speed is generally not useful for a crusader.

I keep wondering if they'll do anything about this or just let it go, because it's very reminiscent of early in warcraft when top end mattered way more than dps for instant attacks

But at the same time it's funny, because it sounded like they were saying "we're changing the Furnace so people don't feel like they have to use it"... and here we are. When some demon hunters are wishing they could use a 2h mace, maybe it's time to rethink that item.

• Options
    rwextreme wrote: »

Just have enough to hit the desired breakpoint with your sentries though. Any attack speed beyond that is a wasted stat until you hit the next breakpoint, at least as far as your sentries are concerned.

No worries on hitting high breakpoints yet...still in the infant stages and searching for taskers.

Nooooo, Hoover! Say it ain't so. Am I the only Diablo fan who never really got into Borderlands?

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    rwextreme wrote: »

No worries on hitting high breakpoints yet...still in the infant stages and searching for taskers.

Nooooo, Hoover! Say it ain't so. Am I the only Diablo fan who never really got into Borderlands?

yes, yes you are... and you should feel bad about it

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Does make me kind of regret spending the paragon points on attack speed.
    Oh well, at I can respec them. Focus on crit chance or damage? Cooldown's not a problem with my current skills.

• Options
    For CC/CHD, it's whichever will benefit you more. You can put the points in and compare.

10:1 ratio is a decent rule of thumb though for CHD : CC

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

Does make me kind of regret spending the paragon points on attack speed.
    Oh well, at I can respec them. Focus on crit chance or damage? Cooldown's not a problem with my current skills.
    Most people say keep Damage : CC in a 10 : 1 ratio. So choose whichever will keep that.

• Options
    HooverFan wrote: »
    yes, yes you are... and you should feel bad about it

Not the only one, I'll be busy no-lifing it still in Diablo trying to hit paragon 700 and can login to my DH to loot share if you're gearing up a seasonal DH. :)

• Options
    Hooray for Alkmaar!

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    Pony-saders: What are you using for your Legendary gems? BotT obviously, but what else? Right now I'm running BotP and Mirinae, but I'm not sure if I should be making room for Pain Enhancer.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    HooverFan wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »

I'm off all weekend starting tonight and it'll be the last you see of me after since PRE-SEQUEL WOOOOOOOOOOOO is tuesday
    pre-sequel is already coming out?
    Bluhhhh
    Ill wait until later to get it because 100% of gaming financing is going into DA:I in November

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    So I'm sitting on a bit over 20 of each key on seasons right now. Anybody up to do some uber's tonight at all? Preferred if you have some keys to help out with machines but I'll cover you if you don't and can reciprocate sometime later on when all of the amulets we craft turn out to be garbage :D

• Options
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Pony-saders: What are you using for your Legendary gems? BotT obviously, but what else? Right now I'm running BotP and Mirinae, but I'm not sure if I should be making room for Pain Enhancer.

pain enhancer, botp and bott seem to be the way to go. gogok if you really need cdr