As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Terra Series dead for now, [Fantasian] looking like an actual game though

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I actually have more dark attack guys than any other element.
    So with the mage guys, is there a particular weapon that takes them out or do i just need to do elemental damage to them?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Check their stats (long press on them). If they have a low physical def, just hit them (assuming you don't have the appropriate element handy to nuke them, that is).

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: ยป
    There is a boss fight that is 4 of your guys vs the boss and 6 adds.
    If you hit the boss with a dark attack the fight becomes six of your guys vs boss and 2 adds at a time.

Oh god you're talking about the fight where he knocks two guys up into the air at a time? I remember having to sloooowly grind him down with only 2 people at a time.

I'm currently stuck on this one. The boss also does a stupid instakill cross attack

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I managed to farm up some good mats. Now I need it to be the weekend because holy cow second jobs are expensive.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    TalithTalith ๅค‰ๆ…‹ใจใ„ใ†ๅใฎ็ดณๅฃซ Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Mages are outside the RPS system, but generally have weaker stats as a result. Mages usually have strong magic defense, so pincering them with raw damage types is the usual method of choice.

Also, this bears mention as it may not be immediately apparent, but there are "melee" skills and ranged spells.

Sword, Bow, and Lance skills (like Grace's 1st job megabow) that do not target an area around the user (like Grace's 2nd job megabow, area_1) are "melee" range skills, and only trigger if they are the ones performing the initial pincer. That is to say if you have an elemental archer like O'pari with his 5 million flaming arrow attacks, even if you include him in a chain he won't fire them despite what you think a bow should do unless he was one of the two directly adjacent to the enemy during the pincer.

Mages of course fire off their spells at anything and everything as long as they are part of the chain, so they are meant to just chain into everyone's fights instead of initiating them; that is also why they do very weak initial regular damage when compared to the weapon users.

In short, mages are OP.

One of the reasons why Yukken is such a favorite, in addition to her tri-weapon use and self-heal, is that she has control time+. So you use her to move everyone around and then circle around back to initiate a pincer, confident that she will survive even without healer support. Sheena, Sha'plar, Samupรญ, Rikken, Nakupi, Metupรญ all have control time as well so they are usually the ones you want to use to set up the board.

All of them are S and SS, a tier of characters I still haven't rolled, meaning I have to push everyone around with Kuscah at the moment. That's why I'm hoping to at least eventually get Sheena through gold use.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    my entire squad is fire based.

there's no way this can end poorly.

In Chapter 21 fire monsters take half damage from fire. I think past 25 monsters heal if you hit them with their element.

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

• Options
    If you hit the boss with a dark attack the fight becomes six of your guys vs boss and 2 adds at a time.

Oh god you're talking about the fight where he knocks two guys up into the air at a time? I remember having to sloooowly grind him down with only 2 people at a time.

I'm currently stuck on this one. The boss also does a stupid instakill cross attack

True, but it is 100% dodgeable as it is on a set rotation. Once the minions are gone, technically nothing should be able to kill you as long as you keep dodging the cross.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Not super crazy about today's hunting zone, may just wait until I can get to zone 3. Plus I wanna level my new Fire Mage some.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Not super crazy about today's hunting zone, may just wait until I can get to zone 3. Plus I wanna level my new Fire Mage some.

The drops are all over the place on this one. Not sure what counts as rare. Wisdom flowers and Madness shells seem rare, but then I did one where I got 6 of each. Oh well, Kusach finally has his third job and control time + will finally not need to come from that Dark Turtle.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Just got a mantledrake as well, he actually has some really good attacks, including the fact that he starts with a Pincer Area attack, with a second unlockable one.

Anyone got a list of farmable boss monsters?

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Just got a mantledrake as well, he actually has some really good attacks, including the fact that he starts with a Pincer Area attack, with a second unlockable one.

Anyone got a list of farmable boss monsters?
    There's a bunch in the OP? Not sure if they're BOSS monsters, though.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Is the Time Devourer possible to get as a drop?

• Options
    I just ran 8-5 one time to try and get a Cyberwyrm and got a rainbow tear.

I'm sorry, I don't know where this luck comes from guys.

• Options
    Is the Time Devourer possible to get as a drop?

That's 10-10 right?
    Apparently bosses that drop items don't drop themselves.
    http://www.terrabattlex.com/items/gungnir

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Noted, thank you.

Second run. Rainbow tears again. How were you guys having a problem with this again?

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    Noted, thank you.

Second run. Rainbow tears again. How were you guys having a problem with this again?

how do i get rainbow tears?

• Options
    Take ElementWrath's phone.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular

True, but it is 100% dodgeable as it is on a set rotation. Once the minions are gone, technically nothing should be able to kill you as long as you keep dodging the cross.

Can't kill the minions fast enough. Also, the last time I tried they took my healer away =\

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Take ElementWrath's phone.
    It's brilliant, why didn't I think of that first?

EDIT: I'm having trouble "taking" my own phone, I just keep giving it to myself, suggestions?

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    Just got Gae Bolg from Farming, a Legendary Weapon Rare Item used to get Czekras to his 3rd job.

• Options
    If I was less depressed I'm sure I could come up with something.

How about just posting a picture of a piece of paper saying that you apologize for your luck.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
  • Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    Not sure how to feel, just pulled again from the PoT and out popped a gold letter...Sheena.

Now have 3 members I won't be able to get the 2nd job unless I get ElementWrath's luck or get into chapter 20. Currently at 8-7.

Do I need to run 2 healers? or can I get away with just one and add another attacker?

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    You can get the materials from the hunting zones too, Hunting Zone 2 seems to have a pretty darn good drop rate. It's where I get a lot of my stuff.

EDIT: I meant to say Hunting Zone 2, which unlocks after chapter 9 I believe.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Puppet Zone isn't the most useful material dungeon to run just yet. Sure, Bahl needs Wild Flowers for her third job, but I'm much more concerned about getting rare ores like Animaton and Oxsecium. It basically needs to be Wednesday again. At least tomorrow, Tin Zone will rotate in every few hours.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Not sure how to feel, just pulled again from the PoT and out popped a gold letter...Sheena.

Now have 3 members I won't be able to get the 2nd job unless I get ElementWrath's luck or get into chapter 20. Currently at 8-7.

Do I need to run 2 healers? or can I get away with just one and add another attacker?

Just so you know running 20 took me over an hour to run, so I think farming might be out.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited October 2014
    So, you guys like my new avatar?

Figured I'd give it a change since Czekras' second form is badass.

Proud to say I made that Frost Background by myself.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    That is a pretty big change to get used to.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    You'll manage, I'm sure.

I'm still the same ElementWrath, except now I'm ice instead of fire.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Just got 30 items from one run of HZ2

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    I convinced a friend of mine to download this. Well, not really convinced; she saw it on my phone and was enchanted with the artwork. Anyway, I told her that she might want to re-roll a couple of times and she started the tutorial phase. She got her energy, put in the code for 5 more, and rolled. She got an SS and an A on her first roll. Not only that, but it was Animari and Metupi, so they both started with useful abilities. I might be a bit jealous.

• Options
    Scored Bahamut on my first try. I'm at I believe 21 PoT rolls and still no S or SS. Clearly this is the game telling me my life is supposed to take the farmable characters route.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DrCongoDrCongo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Scored Bahamut on my first try. I'm at I believe 21 PoT rolls and still no S or SS. Clearly this is the game telling me my life is supposed to take the farmable characters route.

I got Bahamut on my second try. Somehow I get the feeling the likelihood of getting him (her? it?) is reasonably high...

• Options
    edited October 2014

I got Bahamut on my second try. Somehow I get the feeling the likelihood of getting him (her? it?) is reasonably high...

Agreed. But it sounds like if you SL (save/load... restart the application) then it drops the chance to 0. At least that is the impression I am getting from the terra battle forum after hearing people reloading 30+ times without a drop, yet it seems like everyone gets it in about 5 or less runs.

Edit: OK I've seen confirmation that SL works. Also, apparently you only get 1% B+ for dupes and no level up... which is bad because he has an XP curve that's worse than SS.

Also, to add a job you need Caladbolg, but it currently doesn't drop anywhere. Most likely drops from a higher tier of Bahamaut, which currently isn't out yet.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Second Try here. Wonder if anything else in there drops?
    I heard each additional Bahamut drop only gives you 1% boost not sure if true yet.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular

I am 0/3 right now for drops.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Soooo how's this Bahamut thing work? I don't think I'm at a point where it's unlocked yet.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Kay wrote: ยป
    Soooo how's this Bahamut thing work? I don't think I'm at a point where it's unlocked yet.

Go to arena, click Bahamut.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    So any strat to bahamut?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    So any strat to bahamut?
    Bahamut is Level 30 fire element, so obviously weak to ice.

Opens up with charging up for Meteor, which gets released on the second round, then fires a breath or column fire. Repeat.

Meteor doesn't hit every square on the grid, but I'm not sure if it's possible some squares get hit twice or not. I've only had it hit 1-3 characters each time, and it hits for 250-350 depending on Magic Defense.

He's not a terribly hard boss. He only spawns with two adds which aren't that tough.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear