As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Terra Series dead for now, [Fantasian] looking like an actual game though

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'm at least 0/10 for bahamut so far. Probably closer to 0/15 :(

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    At least you get 465 gold and exp for the fights, too. Balls on that drop rate though. :(

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    Finally got my Bahamut after 8 tries.

Also pulled with the free energy given for the event and got an A rank Bow user. Fantastic, because I'm really lacking a decent one, but he doesn't get an Attack skill until 35. Ugh.

Sounds like the bow user I got last night, Manmer.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I am getting real upset with gacha and reaaaally want this to hit 2M downloads so I can have a more robust and gacha free version of the game to play.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I was proud of how many dual job things I'd farmed during the week. Then getting a Bahamut and a pull on the gacha replaced both the guys I'd double-jobbed. :X

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    OMG I got Bahamut to drop.

So was 0/6 before lunch, ran 4 times before leaving work, ran twice before cards, ran 3 times at cards, ran 3 times after cards, ran once this morning.
    1/19 and my first mage
    My Characters... Need to level up the new monsters.
    Screenshot_2014-10-25-11-24-57_zpsl9hvt5ol.png

Kick_04 on
    PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Looks like the next descends should be Leviathan and Odin, both of which are S tier mages.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Looks like the next descends should be Leviathan and Odin, both of which are S tier mages.

Odin as a mage? Weeeeird. I'd sooner expect him to be a Swordsman, possibly a Tri-weapon class.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Finally got him :D I'm without Internet Sun - We'd, so that is a huge relief.

• Options
    MithMith Registered User regular
    Daffydd wrote: »
    Bahamut on third try, using a level 40-ish party. Hang in there, seventh try guy. Also, notice that Bahamut is quite good for raising boost (lots of monsters in lots of different positions in each of ten different battles). 1-5 is better per-stamina if and only if you plan on never using Bahamut (re-acquiring gets +5% boost for Bahamut).

From getting it, re-acquiring Bahamut is a 1% boost, though I had also been expecting 5% like other monsters I'd seen.

• Options
    There is no reason to believe it, but because of the really heavy xp curve on bahamut and the likely need to farm higher tiers of his dungeon, I want to believe that bahamut drops on higher tiers will result in level ups and maybe, hopefully, a higher than 1% increase in B%.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I was doing the speed rerolling method that lets you skip the tutorial portion, outlined here, and within 5 rolls got Piz'fer (SS Ice mage) and Zeera (S support).

I'll continue pushing forward with my army of B tier duplicates, so if anyone wants to use the account let me know.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Dd5d8SXbI

What happens when you roll the Pact of Fellowship after you 100% all the other drops first. Looks like he stopped as soon as he had access to HZ2.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Dd5d8SXbI

What happens when you roll the Pact of Fellowship after you 100% all the other drops first. Looks like he stopped as soon as he had access to HZ2.

That is a lot of time grinding those bottom stages and weekend coins to max out all of the monsters... somewhat smart though, because will never need the energy to get the SS monsters and can sail through the end game with 100% activation on all skills.

People need to learn to turn on option to display touches on screen if going to be recording videos. I am sure Tubegamer isn't the only one who knows how to do it from the video people...

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Just got Jaguna. Anyone know what her skills are for job 2?

Thinking she might be better trying to upgrade job and level before Manmer who doesn't get an attack skill until level 35.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    I got up to chapter 9, got bahamut and got really frustrated with my crappy characters. I didn't really spend time rerolling and I was starting to pay for it. I decided to go ahead and start over... I hope i dont regret my choice

• Options
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »
    I got up to chapter 9, got bahamut and got really frustrated with my crappy characters. I didn't really spend time rerolling and I was starting to pay for it. I decided to go ahead and start over... I hope i dont regret my choice

If you took a picture and set up the password to recover your account there is no reason to regret it. Would just be able to pull back first start.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Well thats good to know now. I reset before I read that though, but I just got Sheena a SS character and Ka'pori a A class, Im going to go with them and see how they work out

• Options
    Are there any good resources for researching what you need to level up jobs? Or should you just do hunting zones?

• Options
    Take a look at the links in the OP.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Went into Bahamut Descended, stomped the everloving hell out of every floor and killed Bahamut in 2 turns.

No drops after 3 tries, but I have no qualms about further attempts, is nice to be able to kick ass like this.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Bought an online copy of Famitsu to get Ethereal. Not even that good of a character but the art is nice. Thats how I console myself

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Is it possible that me being overleveled is affecting the drop rate on Bahamut?

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Did two pulls, got Zuzu and Daiana. My roster is pretty alright, need to keep trying on Bahamut though, still no luck.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is it possible that me being overleveled is affecting the drop rate on Bahamut?

Think it's just rng.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    0/24 on bahamut drops so far. Getting real pissed.

• Options
    Got Bahamut on my sixth or seventh run.

• Options
    I've got the fight memorized and can finish it in one to two turns per battle.

• Options
    I had it memorized pretty swiftly

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    So, what's up with Bahamut's skilling up n battles? I've used him pretty much since I got him and he's only 0.2.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Because you don't have as many skills activating at once, so your chances aren't as high as your other characters dropping down their 5+ skills.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I know its by design but I really don't care for how stingy this game is with everything.

But I've never been the biggest fan of grinding.

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I know its by design but I really don't care for how stingy this game is with everything.

But I've never been the biggest fan of grinding.

Having played Puzzle and Dragons and Brave Frontier... not stingy. This game is downright generous.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Still don't have Bahamut.

20 runs or so now.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    "Sorry guys we ran out of Bahamut"

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    I wouldn't panic if you don't get Bahamut this run. There will be another one soon -- I'm absolutely certain that sword to job unlock him is going to be a drop from the level 40 Bahamut dungeon, and precedent suggests they'll have the level 20 one open again when that happens.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    The final boss of chapter 12 is stomping me. I can't seem to reliably take out his help quickly enough before they start pulling off multiple attacks a turn and can't quite do enough damage to take them out in one chain after losing a character so I start to eat counters.

Unless I'm missing some big piece of tactics, I'm thinking of just grinding out some hunting zone 2 to get second jobs on characters to help out before trying again.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Really need to get to Chapter 8 so I can get HZ2 and second jobs. Everyone except my Bahamut is over 20.

• Options
    Those who got bahamut: are you sure you didn't do anything special? I just finished 26 runs without capturing him.

• Options
    Really though if this is going to be the capture rate of special mobs in the game then I think I'll just stop right now before I invest too much time into the game. I don't understand why they can't have it to where if you beat him 10 times then you automatically capture him. Or something like that.