As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Terra Series dead for now, [Fantasian] looking like an actual game though

• Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    I read a guy's post who claimed to average 600k exp a run on Metal Zone 6 without the exp pills. Once he got Seiryu to level 80 in Job 1.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    ran the daily quest today got an animation & fellowship ticket.

It lets you pull one time from the PoF for free.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Decided, what the hell, there's a + Pact of Truth event where every Pact you pull is a Bonus + pact. Had 50 energy

Opari
    Olber (!)
    Pahrl
    Lewto (!!)
    Zan
    Zafitte (!!!)
    Harold
    Burbaba
    Gigojago
    Djugan (!!?!?!??!)

• Options
    Olber + Djugan works nicely... even better if you have Kem/Ma'curi/Suoh

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    I was like Charlie Bucket pulling the golden ticket

• Options
    Patch 2.7 seems to have brought quite the significant changes for elemental warriors as opposed to mages - apparently all elemental strikes/slashes/arrows will do a portion of physical damage in addition to their elemental damage.

• Options
    32-8 gave me over 200k exp.

Problem is trying to do that with a 3/4 person team that is sub 80 is death.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Double reward login event running from today till the 30th, so another 8-day cycle. Log in every day if you want 10 energy!

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Well fuck.

Did a Data Transfer, reset my phone, finished transfer...

Then did another phone reset without starting a second transfer on accident. (Was having a lot of problems getting things working.)

... Am I screwed, or does Mistwalker have a way to recover accounts? I did purchase energy at one time, and have that receipt...

• Options
    new challenge running for a week for a dragon or something? something like that, anyways.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Looks like new creature, but there's branching paths which are only unlocked after its been beaten enough times.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    got more time on my hands so i decided to pick this up again. The newest lambda types are pretty OP and the monster lambda types seem to be really damn strong. If only they could make the leveling easier =\

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    the super dumb thing is that nowadays when i go full idiot and decide to randomly spend my energy on non-2x S+ guaranteed events I get Puprope and Samatha

so now i have like...4 S/SS ranks that I can recode (Olber, Samatha, Puprope, Lewto) and nary the resources to do it, because I am mega lazy and kind of dread leveling 4 different Lambda chars

...my Koko Lambda isn't even 80...

• Options
    TalithTalith ๅค‰ๆ…‹ใจใ„ใ†ๅใฎ็ดณๅฃซ Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I still enjoy the gameplay, but the xp grind and the SB grind on top of it made me end up uninstalling. It's a bad sign when you don't want to roll SS cards in a gacha game because you don't want to bother getting them ready.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I was logging in this game almost everyday but not doing anything. I lost my log in bonus at like 256 days.

The grind for materials to evolve to lambda is what burnt me out, plus the grinding out levels dozens of times to level up characters.

I did get the new dragon and the 5 drops to evolve it, but 15 sentient flames for a mediocre dragon is not going to happen in the near future.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    i mostly just log in, and then maybe play one or two maps if I feel like it

it's mostly a thing of last resort if I'm not near anything else entertaining

• Options
    Meanwhile I'm still grinding away, still haven't touched chapters 31-33, and am JUUUUUUUST about to finish the Pact of Fellowship >_>

• Options
    edited August 2015
    If they ever manage to ease up on the grind, the game will be tons better.
    but i guess they won't because they can't add content fast enough I am guessing AND the fact that there are people out there who have out grinded their grindiest content

I tried metal zone 6 and was immediately disgusted that they put in the magic mirror mobs.

The weekly challenge is decent though. At least that rewards 1 energy at least if you manage to beat it within the time

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    Zone 6 requires the one dragon with gravity, luckly you can get it from PoF

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    And make sure to get it only once, level it manually a couple dozen levels per class, and then finish pulling him from the PoF because he needs ridiculous amounts of XP to level and you want to take advantage of the free level ups.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I made that fatal mistake...

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    So, eidolon special. I never bothered with them before, but now seems as good a time as any. What should I know?

• Options
    bring people of appropriate weapon/element types

bring heal all

mash your screen when it's not your turn

avoid gimmicks

don't let your phone drop connection or go to sleep or receive a call

bring heal all

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Also magic especially dark magic is pretty useless.

I think the issue I have with this game is that not only is it the hardest possible game to grind up your characters in but once you have high-level none of the stages let you bring in your characters at their current levels so what's the point?

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

• Options
    Looks like you can now acquire (and level up) helpers (OTOMOs) you attach to your characters to give them new skills and stat boosts. For example give your front line fighters extra attacks, your healers an SS level attack spell, etc.

You level them up by feeding them to each other PAD style.

Take a look at all the adorable little helpers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATcAbNFYTFM

You summon OTOMOs just like pacts, with one being a coin summon and the other using energy (3 instead of 5).

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    oh so that's what those things are in all the character portraits

• Options
    looks like 2.9 is out, bringing another kuscah as healer event for people starting out

new features (presumably buddies) are not unlocked yet

2.9 also supposedly brings 2 new Z-classes, the Oxsecian King and his Daughter featured in the storyline

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is there a schedule for metal zone six? My Google is not unearthing it.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    there's...this thing? seems to be accurate for me

http://crape.org/tools/terra-battle/mz.html

• Options
    edited August 2015
    So is it literally months of playing to get s s to 80 in all jobs?

Edit: from 65

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    i don't know about months but it's a lot of grinding the same stuff over and over agian

probably metal zone 6 if you have a gravity person whenever it's available and whatever most xp efficient stage you need

it's taken me months personally because i'm a lazy son of a bitch and i never play through a full energy bar more than once a week

• Options
    edited August 2015
    its a tough grind and i'd rather play other, more satisfying games
    if i run out of those options, this game is my backup :P

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    yeah if they reduced the SS and Z grinds by like 25% it might even be bearable

just...man you know it's bad when you run Awakening with 4 people and your Z class gets 1/4th of an xp bar

• Options
    also forgot to mention that the download starter hit 2.3 mill dl's and so the guy who did the character design for No More Heroes and Fire Emblem: Awakening will be making a character

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Started playing this again. I burned out sometime around the end of chapter 12, mostly cause of performance issues on my Nexus 7. Now I'm playing it on Windows (via Droid4x) and enjoying it a lot.

... They added 2 more "Bahamut-like" fights, huh? And I missed them all... hope they return someday. I got Bahamut and couldn't do the 2nd and 3rd fight, which certainly didn't help the burnout, heh..

Looks like they added Ediloians, Co-Op, an Arena... and Z rank heroes? Wow.

I remember someone from the old thread that was sitting on one of the maps just grinding money over and over until the Path of Friendship couldn't give him anything else. Anyone remember that?

I also remember that coming up very soon I need a Regenercell... Hm.

Edit: How nice, TerraBattleX still hasn't fixed his timezone detection. I'm GMT -7 not -6. Fail. :P

Edit: Taking stock of the ol' account.

My main team is:
    Rikken, Kuscah, Grace, Olber, Yukken, Suoh

And a full list is
    Grace, Kuscah, Ellvern, A'merpact, Olber, Ma'curi, Yukken, Rikken, Sh'berdan, R'zonand, Bahamut, Kana, A'misandra, Amimari, Amazora, Ba'gunar, Burbaba, Zan, Czekras, Ra'prow, Zenzoze, O'pari, Gigojago, Korin, Kem, Pahrl, Nakupi, U'nasag, Lunato, Lunaken, Palpa, Sorman, Maralme, Suoh -- and a ton of Monsters I won't bother listing, since they seem useless.

(Add Alika, who I just got in PoT)

SS Rank:
    Olber, Yukken, Rikken, A'misandra, Amimari, Czekras, Suoh

S Rank:
    Ellvern, Bahamut, Lunato, Lunaken, Palpa, Alika

Wondering why I didn't swap out Kuscah for a SS rank healer, since I have two of them now. I could make an entire SS rank team actually, looking at it -- Olber, Yukken, Rikken, Czekras, Suoh, and either A'misandra or Amimari. Or maybe I should be getting a set of 5 of each weapon type characters leveled up?

Ugh, haven't unlocked many other jobs -- Grace has 2 and 3 unlocked, Suoh has 2 unlocked, Kuscah has 2 unlocked (maybe that's why I was using him over a SS ranked healer?), Ba'gunar has 2 unlocked, and that's it.

I kinda wanted to fit the storyline characters in my team but one is a Lightning Sword User and the other is a very weird (regen instead of burst) healer. Amusingly, the lightning sword user is like +19% Skill Boost due to getting him repeatedly in PoT rolls, heh.

KiTA on
  • Options
    KiTA wrote: ยป
    Started playing this again. I burned out sometime around the end of chapter 12, mostly cause of performance issues on my Nexus 7. Now I'm playing it on Windows (via Droid4x) and enjoying it a lot.

... They added 2 more "Bahamut-like" fights, huh? And I missed them all... hope they return someday. I got Bahamut and couldn't do the 2nd and 3rd fight, which certainly didn't help the burnout, heh..

Looks like they added Ediloians, Co-Op, an Arena... and Z rank heroes? Wow.

I remember someone from the old thread that was sitting on one of the maps just grinding money over and over until the Path of Friendship couldn't give him anything else. Anyone remember that?

I also remember that coming up very soon I need a Regenercell... Hm.

Edit: How nice, TerraBattleX still hasn't fixed his timezone detection. I'm GMT -7 not -6. Fail. :P

Terra Battle X hasn't been updated in a very long time; its old information (map layouts, characters extant at the time of last update) is alright but things like drops and new characters are not up to date at all. i would look elsewhere if you're looking for metal zone scheduling or other information.

and yeah they're about to release some more new stuff so

• Options
    Wondering why I didn't swap out Kuscah for a SS rank healer, since I have two of them now. I could make an entire SS rank team actually, looking at it -- Olber, Yukken, Rikken, Czekras, Suoh, and either A'misandra or Amimari. Or maybe I should be getting a set of 5 of each weapon type characters leveled up?

Ugh, haven't unlocked many other jobs -- Grace has 2 and 3 unlocked, Suoh has 2 unlocked, Kuscah has 2 unlocked (maybe that's why I was using him over a SS ranked healer?), Ba'gunar has 2 unlocked, and that's it.

I kinda wanted to fit the storyline characters in my team but one is a Lightning Sword User and the other is a very weird (regen instead of burst) healer. Amusingly, the lightning sword user is like +19% Skill Boost due to getting him repeatedly in PoT rolls, heh.

probably because Kuscah dumpsters all the SS healers up until you get Amisandra Lambda because lol Heal All + Heal 1.5x

Palpa is not someone you want to put on your team unless you absolutely need the status cure

• Options
    @Orphane: Any advice on what I should be doing? I have a decent amount of stuff, but I have no clue what I should be leveling, if I should be farming xp and items right now or ignoring that in lieu of leveling and unlocking the next tier... If I should just grab the team of level 35-40s I have now and keep using them or if I should like, start cultivating teams of all one weapon type, or instead of using the S and SSes currently in my team I should bench them until later for the faster (?) to level (?) B rank heroes...

Choice shock, yay!

• Options
    Don't focus on a single weapon type, because some levels that might screw you.

Generally speaking, I'd say get levels where you can, but in the early game just keep pushing onwards until you reach a wall (at which point you can farm for items/etc).

On weekends, get coins from coin creeps. You can start filling out your pact of fellowship (and if you're lucky, get a SS or Z character) and you'll have the coins for later jobs.

Your main team mostly looks good, although it'll take a while to level some of those people because of their class. I'd replace one of them with Ma'curi (maybe Suoh? He's real good, too, but Ma'curi is one of the top two physical damage characters in the game)

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Don't focus on a single weapon type, because some levels that might screw you.

Generally speaking, I'd say get levels where you can, but in the early game just keep pushing onwards until you reach a wall (at which point you can farm for items/etc).

On weekends, get coins from coin creeps. You can start filling out your pact of fellowship (and if you're lucky, get a SS or Z character) and you'll have the coins for later jobs.

Your main team mostly looks good, although it'll take a while to level some of those people because of their class. I'd replace one of them with Ma'curi (maybe Suoh? He's real good, too, but Ma'curi is one of the top two physical damage characters in the game)

other than Seiryu, are there any other Z characters that can be obtained from PoF? i don't remember off the top of my head if there are any others

@Orphane: Any advice on what I should be doing? I have a decent amount of stuff, but I have no clue what I should be leveling, if I should be farming xp and items right now or ignoring that in lieu of leveling and unlocking the next tier... If I should just grab the team of level 35-40s I have now and keep using them or if I should like, start cultivating teams of all one weapon type, or instead of using the S and SSes currently in my team I should bench them until later for the faster (?) to level (?) B rank heroes...

Choice shock, yay!

if you aren't at Hunting Zone 3 yet (which is past Ch. 20 iirc) I would highly recommend you progress through the story to unlock that first. That makes farming for coins on the weekend and evolution materials (including rarities much better. Also check the daily challenges; if it's Rarity Rumble or Particle Hoarder definitely do them since they cost no stam and are a guaranteed particle/rare metal.

It looks like you have a deep roster that you can draw on, but for now your team is good as is for clearing story stuff. Like Jragghen said I might actually swap out one of your SS classes for Ma'curi because he's one of the precious few with the Attack 1.5x buff which when properly utilized makes him dumpster people. The thing about SS adventurers is that they are really great but because of their higher xp curve and demand for rare mats to unlock jobs they will lag behind early on unless you spend a lot of time/energy farming for stuff/xp. So having one or two A/B class adventurers that are fairly cheap to job unlock, level relatively quickly, and unlock their whole toolkit earlier (like Grace and Kuscah) can be a boon compared to trying to do stuff with SS people who only have mega/giga stuff and half their skill slots unfilled for the longest time and so take forever to get skill boost on top of that.

After you hit past Ch. 20 you can honestly sit around doing what you want; you can keep going with the story (I would say at least clear all the way to ch. 30 in between farming for stuff), you can stop to work on raising different teams, you can work on recoding the SS characters you have into Lambdas. Out of your roster, A'misandra is probably the adventurer who gets the most gain in power and utility upon recoding (atm i'm pretty sure A'misandra Lambda blows other healers out of the water) but honestly all of the SS DNA recodes are great. Olber and Yukken get some crazy good stuff in their Lambda skillsets too.

Recoding is a very arduous process, though, and I would definitely recommend you have Pact of Fellowship maxed before you actually go through with recoding someone because that means your new Lambda will get a large boost from inheriting skill boost from the monsters used in recoding. Recoding requires 2 monsters (different for each person), some normal mats, and then 1 rare material you have to farm off specific bosses and 5 of another material you also have to farm off bosses. I would look those up ahead of time and then check for those stages having bonus item drop rate days because that wills ave you a lot of time trying to farm for it eventually. You also have to have the SS class at 80 in every job before you can recode so...it's a lot of grinding. And if you thought SS class xp curves were bad, well...

that's just some stuff off the top of my head. if you get bored/stuck you can also try co-op (you get some rewards for co-op'ing with people you don't quick match with), or try challenging the Eidolons, who do actually require some amount of forethought in terms of who you bring (at least for the high leveled ones).

Orphane on