As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In space no one can hear you crap yourself in a locker [Alien: Isolation]

2»

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    alright I said I was gonna do it so I'm gonna do it!

twitch.tv/balefuego

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Okay so if someone could give me a little hint as to what to do at this part that would be great:

During the mission where you are looking for the trauma kit:
    There's a section where you listen to the this video log from the station's doctor and then when you leave thar room there's an explosion that cuts off one hallway. Now, no matter what I do the Alien always seems to be waiting down the other hallway which is now the only way to go. I've tried going that way IMMEDIATLEY and it's there, I've tried hiding in the room where you watch the log and sometimes it will come in there and then leave, but then it will still be in the hallway when I leave.

I died like 5 or 6 straight times at that part so I had to finally give up for tonight.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    That spoiler ain't working, but it sounds like you're at the same part as me?

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    what do you mean it's not working

it's working just fine for me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    If spoiler buttons aren't showing up for you hit shift-F5 twice.

• Options
    Oh now it is, whatever I'm drunk and/or an idiot

Anywho here's what you do.
    When you walk out of that room and turn right to cause the explosion, the Alien will always be on the other side of it. Ripley shouting obscenities doesn't help things either but that thing won't go through the fire. It will take the long way around. Book it back towards the left hallway and head into the first room on your right. Hide in the locker on your left. Lean back and don't keep your motion tracker up, it can hear the beeping.

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    DimosarDimosar I am the Brain Genius Registered User regular
    okay ALIENS is fucking amazing jesus christ you can like both of the two Alien films that were ever made even if they're different

we like ALIENS, everybody

• Options
    Dimosar wrote: »
    okay ALIENS is fucking amazing jesus christ you can like both of the two Alien films that were ever made even if they're different

we like ALIENS, everybody

hey quit getting worked up about movies

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    You know, I was actually enjoying the late-game until the last two hours, which just became a giant slog.

And I'm given a kinda shitty ending for my efforts.

Great.

There's so much I love about this game, but it's almost like the other elements are desperately trying to temper my enthusiasm.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Finally got past the glitched locked door!!

Only had to replay half the game to do it...

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    @JohnHam‌

you asked me awhile ago I think if the alien could use the same ducts as you

well I can now confirm that yes, it is entirely possible to be sitting in a dark crawlspace and turn on your flashlight to see the alien coming directly at you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    And fun fact: The alien doesn't give a shit about your flamethrower in a vent.

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Oh fuck. All this time I thought I was safe in the vents.

This changes everything.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    Pretty sure the flamethrower can work in the vents, it followed me in once and I managed to send it running at the last second

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Veretas wrote: »
    Some locker highlights from the stream the other night, sorry for the awful jump cuts.

http://youtu.be/qc6cgciGylw

I liked when you were like YOU DONE GOOFED

and then walk directly into the alien

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    Pretty sure the flamethrower can work in the vents, it followed me in once and I managed to send it running at the last second

Maybe it depends on how close you are to the entrance. I was hiding in a vent, waiting for the alien to move on when it decided to take a look in there (it was late game and it was getting more aggressive). I blasted it a couple times as it was climbing in, but it just grabbed and killed me, anyway. It's possible the climbing in animation made it invulnerable to damage or something.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Veretas I can't think of a not weird way to say this but you are adorable when you get scared. Hiding under a bed going "nope nope nope". Proper action hero stuff :P

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    So I didn't manage to play as much of this as I would have liked to over the weekend, but I had a decent session last night.

I spent the first few hours a little underwhelmed in regards to the scary/tension factor and difficulty.

Then I got to the
    medical facility.

eff. that. ess.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Yeah that's where the game actually gets going

It's also harder than the parts after it, weirdly. They really throw you in the deep end there

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I am playing this game right now:

twitch.tv/balefuego

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    After the unending terror that was avoiding the alien in the medical facility, stealthing around and fixing an elevator felt suuuuuuper easy.

Y'know except for the part where I spent way too long figuring out how to walk around the electrified floor.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I did a 3 hour stream marathon for Halloween!

You can watch it here if you want. I'm gonna go through and get some highlights in the next day or so.

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Here's a highlight from last night:
    http://youtu.be/KdAGhYpfJKk

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    NoneoftheaboveNoneoftheabove Just a conforming non-conformist. Twilight ZoneRegistered User regular
    @Veretas : Your vid of the Alien killing the survivors was epic! I sound horrible right now... I feel horrible for just lobbing a noisemaker at the group, just to let the Alien clean up and to get revenge when I was shot during a previous session. That poor dude whimpering for his life tugs at my heart strings, damn.)