As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TRANS] thread, whatever

MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
edited November 2014 in Social Entropy++
Here's another trans thread, a thread about being trans.
Genderqueer, gender fuck, intersex, and any other type of person who is made painfully aware of their own gender on a daily basis.
We will talk about trans issues and a little bit of feminism. And probably butts. We love butts around here.

Ask me a question: homptalk.tumblr.com

Whippy on

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I LOVE BUTTS

ilovethisthread

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    While we're loving things

I still love your avatar, metal

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Butts are ok for sitting on, I suppose

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    okay, question I forgot to ask when the last one of these was going

is it okay for me to like the song "dude looks like a lady" by aerosmith?

because that's been one of my favorite songs since I was little kid but the lyrics are uh

well, they sure are some lyrics

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    yaaay

love this thread

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Poly pansexual genderqueer here. <3

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    ManishtushuManishtushu Registered User regular
    My boyfriend is visiting in 6 weeks.

• Options
    While we're loving things

I still love your avatar, metal

Thanks, it feels kind of conceited to say that I love it too, but I deserve it. It's finally a face I'm not ashamed to show the public and I don't have to hide behind Internet anonymity to be seen the way I want to be.

• Options

because that's been one of my favorite songs since I was little kid but the lyrics are uh

I don't really see a problem with it. It seems like a song about Steven Tyler getting nailed by a crossdresser. Nothing derogatory or problematic about it. As for that matter the lyrics seem to suggest that he enjoyed himself and was enlightened by the experience.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Is the title something specific and I am not clever enough to get it?

Cause I don't.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

Cause I don't.

metalbourne started a thread called obscenely clingy grey tights a while back

the OP was a picture of david bowe's junk from labyrinth

we tried to turn it into a trans/feminism thread but it was locked for lack of content

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

Cause I don't.
    Googling the first 3 words leads to the Labyrinth thread from last week.

• Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod

It is a terrible, terrible song because Aerosmith are terrible.

• Options

Cause I don't.

we tried to turn it into a trans/feminism thread but it was locked for lack of content

Tube must be some kind of size queen if he thinks bowie bulge "lacks content"

• Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    Tube is a total size queen, it's true.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I thought the lyrics were "do the flabby lady" for far longer than I'm proud of.

Like till I was 30 or so.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Oh gosh

Size queen is my new favourite phrase.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Doooo the laundry later

• Options
    Anonymous said to homptalk:
    Did you watch the most recent South Park episode, "The Cissy," and did you think (like Lorde did) it was positive re: transgenderism?

I haven't seen it, but if it's anything like they've handled other trans issues in the past, it was probably complete bullshit. The South Park guys tend to go for easy solutions to complex issues that make high school kids and pseudo intellectuals scream at the tv, "that's what I've been telling people all along!"

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    was playing some DayZ with some bros a while back

100% cisgender dudes

everyone chit-chattin on teamspeak, i wasn't completely paying attention to the conversation, was busy gathering supplies n other trivial shit on a fresh respawn after gettin' firmly axed a question upside the head outside berezino

but someone, for some reason, dropped the t-word in conversation

i didn't know the context because again, wasn't paying attention i was all "oh nice this jacket is in decent shape..."

but that word hit my ear and i was mentally all hold on wait a fucking second

before i could say anything, though, and was mentally tuning into the conversation to sorta contextualize how that dude was using that word

literally everyone else was giving him shit for it

all "dude, not cool"

and he got sorta defensive about it at first and people gave him even more shit and i just sorta stayed out of it and listened and in the end dude just apologized and owned it and was like yeah i guess and they all moved on

it was an interesting thing, like i said it was all cisgender dudes (well, i mean, so far as i know. they're all self-identified dudes and none of them seemed to like, take personal offense as a trans person so i feel it's the safe bet) but even still they all sorta spoke up against that and were not cool with him using that word as a slur and gave him shit for it and he accepted that and retracted it and apologized

it'd be the sort of reaction that same group of dudes would react to someone droppin' an N-bomb in conversation, and it was interesting to see that other word getting the same weight of response

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I laughed at the Lorde parts mainly because it's just funny to see Randy doing or saying anything. But even the Lorde commentary I didn't undertsnad, it seemed like even they didn't know quite what they were saying.

Also the trans stuff was pretty offensive but I don't know whether they were making the joke at the expense of those who do believe stuff like that, or they themselves believe it.

They can be pretty frustratingly contrarian and they like positioning themselves in a sort of Middle ground where they can make fun of everyone, but sometimes issues don't have middle grounds and they just look like the assholes they're supposed to be making fun of

• Options
    South Park is awful

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    On the topic of Bowie's bulge and misheard lyrics

Even though I know the actual lyrics, I just can't unhear Florence Welch singing "I'm living on sexy gherkin"

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

Cause I don't.

Ah, Labyrinth.

A movie with David Bowie singing about Magic Junk while dancing in tight pants.

80s was a hell of a drug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cts-jXlULEI

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    btw if you take the song Magic Dance from Labyrinth

and replace the word Dance

with Pants

still works

because Bowie

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Did you watch the most recent South Park episode, "The Cissy," and did you think (like Lorde did) it was positive re: transgenderism?

I haven't seen it, but if it's anything like they've handled other trans issues in the past, it was probably complete bullshit. The South Park guys tend to go for easy solutions to complex issues that make high school kids and pseudo intellectuals scream at the tv, "that's what I've been telling people all along!"

It was better than the past I guess. Not good by any means, and you hit pretty close to the mark with your summary. The ending was at least not completely insulting. I love the show, but I really wish they would just stop doing anything trans related. It always goes badly and makes me hate the show until I can mentally delete the episode.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    a bunch of days i (M) kinda wish that I was a female alongside my girlfriend because ladyparts seem more enjoyable to deal with (non-sexually) than male parts, and I like bras and clothes and shit like that but it's disheartening cause I'd never want to wear it in a male body just because it doesn't work. if sexual transitions were easy and quick and cheap i'd probably want to change to female, but alas. is this a bad line of thinking because it's coming from a place of privilege?

Not really privilege. More like ignorance. A lot of us are undergoing a long, expensive, and dangerous change that isn't going to leave us completely satisfied with our bodies. We hear stuff like this and we go, "pfft, okay, you just go ahead and flit back and forth along the gender spectrum, kiddo."

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Antimatter posted about it in the indie games thread, because that's where it was being discussed.

Despite what their message was, the issue is that they spent the majority of the show showing someone acting trans phobic saying mean things and Antimatter said a trans person had a hate letter stuck onto their locker with one of the slurs that cartman used on it.

This is what dumb people get out of shit like this. New ways to be mean to people. Even if you have a decent message, you need to be delicate on how you present it.

• Options
    when someone asks me "how was your day" and I respond with "pretty gay" knowing what it means in regard to sexuality but using it to mean happy, is that bad?

I'm not a fan, since the more recent, and likely more interpreted meaning is negative.

• Options
    as an aside Lorde conspiracy theorists are the weirdest people

i didn't know this was a thing until recently but apparently it's a thing

of people who do not accept that Lorde is like, 17 years old

but instead is some like thirty year old woman and the whole thing is some big masquerade because something something i don't fucking know

let's throw the word Benghazi or something in there who fucking knows anymore with those people

but that it's this big conspiracy the music industry is in on and everyone knows and they pour over her interviews for "slip ups" where she accidentally references things a 17 year old couldn't possibly know or consider a cultural touchstone or something and it's just

the internet has done terrible things to people sometimes, man

it giveth and it taketh

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I feel like that's possibly people projecting their own insecurities and inadequacies.

"God, I was a fucking idiot at 17, no way this girl has really got her shit together at that age" or something similar.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Has Lorde been taking about ducktales or something? Is that why people think she is 30?

Scandal just in. Lorde can hum the entirity of the he man theme tune.

This just in. Now in going to for the rest of the day.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    a bunch of days i (M) kinda wish that I was a female alongside my girlfriend because ladyparts seem more enjoyable to deal with (non-sexually) than male parts, and I like bras and clothes and shit like that but it's disheartening cause I'd never want to wear it in a male body just because it doesn't work. if sexual transitions were easy and quick and cheap i'd probably want to change to female, but alas. is this a bad line of thinking because it's coming from a place of privilege?

Not really privilege. More like ignorance. A lot of us are undergoing a long, expensive, and dangerous change that isn't going to leave us completely satisfied with our bodies. We hear stuff like this and we go, "pfft, okay, you just go ahead and flit back and forth along the gender spectrum, kiddo."

Sometimes I wish I had a penis, but not like... that much.. certainly not enough that I could identify as male.

Aside from your hangup about the looks of them though, have you ever tried to actually wear the things? That may help you make up your mind about how you feel about dressing the part, at least.

ceres on
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Look, we don't get tv in NZ at the same time as you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqLY96_zezc

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    to be frank although i actually quite like male gender presentation and consider myself quite male and that is very much my gender identity

i really could take or leave my genitals, if given the option

like if give the choice of "male gender, but with vagina" without society being total fucks towards me about it? (that part is important)

i dunno man, my finger would hover over those checkboxes is what i'm sayin'

dick problems get pretty fucking tiresome sometimes and lets all be honest with ourselves here

penises are pretty undignified

they're a goofy lookin' organ

then again, periods?

yeah fuck that noise, i barely deal with periods on my sentences let alone in my life

if i had a whole vaginal assembly it would have to exclude that nonsense because that is some straight bullshit

but like seriously you know what is a thing i've had to start dealing with recently?

prostate stones

that's a real thing, fellas

that can really happen

crystallization in the fluid in your prostate that form jagged little fucking caltrops that can cause inflammation, blockages, irritation, and most fun of all

firing out fucking shrapnel when you blow a load which is exactly as high-pitched screaming inducing as it sounds

so really i can take or leave that bullshit

• Options
    when someone asks me "how was your day" and I respond with "pretty gay" knowing what it means in regard to sexuality but using it to mean happy, is that bad?

I'm not a fan, since the more recent, and likely more interpreted meaning is negative.

If I say I'm having a gay day it means I really, really want to have sex with a girl.

• Options
    Has Lorde been taking about ducktales or something? Is that why people think she is 30?

Scandal just in. Lorde can hum the entirity of the he man theme tune.

This just in. Now in going to for the rest of the day.

I cannot, for the life of me, remember the he man theme song. Was there even a theme song?

All I remember is the funny feeling I got when prince Adam changed into a leather harness

• Options
    It's true, Pony's relationship with periods is terrible

• Options
    it's like

i complain about my junk and the problems it causes me

on the other hand

some people with vaginas get period cramps so fucking bad it's like someone walks up and hits them with a baseball bat in the innards every month on the regular

yeah uh

ffffffffffffffffffffuck that

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I think it's just fair to say that biology fucks everyone over

some more than others, but it gets us in the end one way or the other

This discussion has been closed.