As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The normal [Webcomics] thread. Sorry.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    if it's your first time in the webcomic thread

you have to shitpost

Today I learned that crwth has a rare form of amnesia which causes him to think each post in the webcomic thread is his first.

8-)
    my shitposts are good while your shitposts are not good

ive consulted many attractive scientists and they all agree and also we made out a little

Calling BS on that whole concept right here.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    it's a mural

she's a roboticist and she had a mural of john henry being friends with a robot instead of being in conflict with a machine
    zDfjXbT.png

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Well in that vein then, gotta post some awesome comix. Found this comic that has some really good art and is a pretty goot twist on the standard fantasy tropes. That and I'm a sucker for super clean line-art.

http://www.chapelalsoran.com/

Page_02_Text.jpg

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Eeek!!

HingesPT104.jpg

Seems like the Tiger in front of her is friendly. Not so much the tiger behind her. :(

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Oh no is she cracking?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    oh man, I totally missed that reference

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Aww snap, went for the SSSS book. 'twas a bit expensive with the shipping but idgaf!

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular

you have to shitpost

Today I learned that crwth has a rare form of amnesia which causes him to think each post in the webcomic thread is his first.

8-)

ive consulted many attractive scientists and they all agree and also we made out a little

you don't know about them because they actively make themselves unknown to you

they do not want your gross and yucky germs

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    this is a pretty old comic but it's really good and i feel like rereading it so you should too: Fleep

It's about a guy who steps into a phone booth to call his wife, and then blacks out. When he wakes up, the PHONE label has been replaced with the word FLEEP, and the door of the phone booth has been barricaded by rubble. He has to use his engineering smarts to survive and solve the mystery of what happened.

That.....was something.....the final panels................

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    At some point I really gotta go back and read that comic from the start, I really like the art

If you're hesitant to jump into a big archive, you should know it just turned a year old a couple weeks ago, so it's not a huge read yet.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    pfft that's lame

YRtk4p9.jpg
    QB6X3Gy.jpg
    dWDwWPc.jpg
    7A01Qoc.jpg

john henry irons is the superior john henry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePQUyFEHL9c

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    this is a pretty old comic but it's really good and i feel like rereading it so you should too: Fleep

It's about a guy who steps into a phone booth to call his wife, and then blacks out. When he wakes up, the PHONE label has been replaced with the word FLEEP, and the door of the phone booth has been barricaded by rubble. He has to use his engineering smarts to survive and solve the mystery of what happened.

knowing rudimentary Russian makes it more confusing because the woman is shouting nonsense

• Options

knowing rudimentary Russian makes it more confusing because the woman is shouting nonsense

Hmmm, normal nonsense for someone in her position or just regular nonsense......

Dammit, now I'm thinking about it and I'm sad.

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular

Hmmm, normal nonsense for someone in her position or just regular nonsense......

Dammit, now I'm thinking about it and I'm sad.

well she's yelling "menya na perevodi'" which literally means something like "my translation"

I suppose it could actually be "transfer me" as in "get me out" but it's an odd way to say it afaik

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I like the concept of someone yelling "my translation!" in another language.

As is they're railing against the narrative itself and the broken nonsense they're forced to speak in.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Every line is just her yelling, "help help, the author doesn't know Russiaaaaan"

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Bringing this thread back to many many months ago:

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    let's ask Geebs if he remembers the 90s

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    sdb20141021.png
    stickydillybuns.com has some NSFW stuff now and then (which isn't surprising since it's an Ma3 spinoff).

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    technically that series stretched into the early aughts

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    more surprised that you didn't correct any anatomical errors on the Andalite.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    well I mean he forgot the ears

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    technically that series stretched into the early aughts

that's still pretty 90's

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I look back at my Animorphs books and now know that there's some seriously fucked up stuff in there, especially things to do with David. As a kid I just thought "Neat!" and probably made a derp face.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

you have to shitpost

8-)

ahem

• Options
    I was really happy when SPORE came out and found numerous interpretations of the aliens in Animorphs in the big SPORE library. Although I was taken aback at the colors people chose for making Hork Bajir.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    F6CV6T1P1N.jpg

Lore wise spirits don't talk. Though the Shapers are supposed to have a general grasp on their spirits mood.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    F6CV6T1P1N.jpg

Lore wise spirits don't talk. Though the Shapers are supposed to have a general grasp on their spirits mood.

This really is a beautiful comic. I just wish i didnt have to play a MOBA to catch everything thats going on. maybe its just going real slowly because they have so many characters to introduce cause it feels kinda incomplete.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular

I really enjoyed reading this. It makes a nice change to read something short, sweet and completed.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    fake animorphs covers and fake smash character speculation are my antidrugs

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    F6CV6T1P1N.jpg

This really is a beautiful comic. I just wish i didnt have to play a MOBA to catch everything thats going on. maybe its just going real slowly because they have so many characters to introduce cause it feels kinda incomplete.

http://www.moba-champion.com/lore/

Is a brief catch up of the guys and girls in the current shaper pool. The majority of which aren't even in the comic yet.

The general jist of Dawngate is that following the loss of his wife Eidolus (non-shaper) created the Dawngate. A shrine to link the spirit world and the real world together. The Dawngate periodically releases new spirits into the world which bind themselves to people and form shapers, which are the main characters involved.

In the time period of the game Shaper's fight over control of the Dawngate when it's active (no one else can take part in these conflicts because the general radiation of the event kills non shapers) to gather Vim, which is basically spiritual energy and create items out of Vim which allow them to further their goals outside the Heart of the World (where the Dawngate is).

The comic itself is dealing with how the whole world reacted to the sudden shift in power the Dawngate opening represents. With the four major regions (North, South, East and West) forming alliances and scheming plans to attempt to control the Dawngate.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    i-QZhWqFC-X3.jpg

Page 1 of the new Automata

HeadCreeps on
    vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Those cufflinks are a fantastic touch.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23, Carl.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    why do you have a bed carl

you don't sleep

don't you know that's some depressing ass imagery

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Oh shit I forgot that was happening Tues/Thurs that's awesome

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular