As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Go find the new [Star Citizen] thread

• DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    I see absolutely no downsides to that concept.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I seriously do love the notion of ships in that size in general. I just hope that it folds up while not in use, like some Jetsons-esque suicide flitter.

• TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    I seriously do love the notion of ships in that size in general. I just hope that it folds up while not in use, like some Jetsons-esque suicide flitter.

According to Around the Verse, it has a compact mode to fit in a ship's cargo bay at least.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Taranis wrote: »

According to Around the Verse, it has a compact mode to fit in a ship's cargo bay at least.

My first thought was "I bet that folds up to just about the size of a standard shipping container."

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    My first thought was "I bet that folds up to just about the size of a standard shipping container."

I hope everything is properly labeled then.

"Huh? I wonder what this button does..."

ironzerg on
  • Fuzzy ModemFuzzy Modem Registered User regular
  • yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Oh baby! Now that's a ship interior!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRMCI-d1rUc

"I see everything twice!"

Hey they changed the Hangar to a new persistence system.
    Persistence FAQ

As of Star Citizen Alpha 2.4.0 you no longer need to use the website to update your hangar configuration!!

The addition of the LiveWorks AR (Port Modification) feature now allows you to spawn ships, edit loadouts, and even customize the decoration in your hangar, all in-game. You can activate this feature by looking for the small circular blue nodes in various places throughout your hangar and on your ship.

• NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Not a complete fan of the Dragonfly (mainly, the wings), but as i look at it, it does grow on me and i do love the idea of a portable vehicle.
    So i got myself one to stick in the cargohold on semi permanent basis for when i do land somewhere and need transportation.

Went for Yellowjacket because the black one, while cool looking in itself, felt like it tries bit too much to be badass.

• KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    I was thinking of picking up a Dragonfly, but then I thought... hey, this is probably the kind of thing you can buy dirt cheap on every corner in the finished game.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
    Kashaar wrote: »
    I was thinking of picking up a Dragonfly, but then I thought... hey, this is probably the kind of thing you can buy dirt cheap on every corner in the finished game.

Outside stuff like BMM, Idriss or military Hornet, that's pretty much true about every ship out there.

Nyysjan wrote: »

Outside stuff like BMM, Idriss or military Hornet, that's pretty much true about every ship out there.

Yeah, but some of those might still have lower availability than a shipping crate-sized space motorcycle. That's what the fluff suggests anyway!

Either way, I love the design. Hope there's a version with flame decals.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Yeah, but some of those might still have lower availability than a shipping crate-sized space motorcycle. That's what the fluff suggests anyway!
    You mean that's what the marketing team suggests...

You mean that's what the marketing team suggests...

Same difference, really!

Best reason to buy a 'fly right now is as a cheap LTI token.

I had some store credit left over from shuffling my ship lineup, so it was an easy decision to pick up a Dragonfly. I'm interested to see what kind of shenanigans people will get up to in these things.

Nah, not gonna buy any more ships on this. (I will probably eat those words.) Got myself a decent lineup, and until the Merchantman is finally hangar ready... meh.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I actually can't buy any more ships. I'm already pushing my Tetris-fu limits with cramming what I can into my Endeavor's hangar module...I don't think any more will physically fit in there.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    I actually can't buy any more ships. I'm already pushing my Tetris-fu limits with cramming what I can into my Endeavor's hangar module...I don't think any more will physically fit in there.

But 'flies are stored as cargo, not in the hangar.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Yeah but imagine an Endeavour hangar opening up and having a huge crowd of Dragonflies just swarming out.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Yeah but imagine an Endeavour hangar opening up and having a huge crowd of Dragonflies just swarming out.

*shudders*

Like too many horror movies for me to count.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    I call it... the "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES Maneuver".

Nah, not gonna buy any more ships on this. (I will probably eat those words.) Got myself a decent lineup, and until the Merchantman is finally hangar ready... meh.

That's what i said.
    I have since then bought 2 ships (dragonfly included).

My daughter got me a Dragonfly for Father's Day! The black one :D

I melted my LTI Archimedes so I could buy a Dragonfly with store credit during the concept sale.

The ability to buyback pledges is a godsend for situations like this. I can't pump a ton of money into the game so basically I'll just use the money I've pumped in already outside of my "main" package (which is a Mustang Omega from a Never Settle promo back in 2014) as a sort of rolling fund to buy any low cost ships during sales and then buy back the pledge of whatever ship(s) I'm most interested in once we get closer to release. The only downside is the quarterly limit for buying back pledges with store credit, but I'm betting we'll see plenty of quarters before launch.

• VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    for 35 bucks? nah...I'll buy in-game. Merlin and Arch were both cheaper than that I think.

Merlin is $20, Archimedes was $30.

The Dragonfly just seems like a goofy little ship for cruising around causing a ruckus. If the Archimedes is a cigarette boat, the Dragonfly is a jet ski.

Seems like something that might be fun to race though, sort of a space Jet Moto type situation.

edited June 2016
    I'm hoping I can load mine into the cargo carousel of my Merchantman, hope in, and drop out of the exposed bit of her belly. I don't have any other ships with cargo storage, and the BMM is sorely in need of a parasite craft.

Fuzzy Modem on
  • Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    I picked my LTI ships based on that fact that I have no idea what is actually going to be good and/or fun in the finished game, so for maximum flexibility I'll always want to have access to:
    1. A fighter
    2. A multi-crew ship capable of hauling a decent amount of cargo

And for that reason I have a 325a and a Freelancer. I may upgrade the 325a to something else later since I'm not super impressed with how it performs right now, but its probably due a re-work at some point anyway since I'm not sure how you're supposed to get in and out of it when the cargo hold is full!

edited June 2016
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    I picked my LTI ships based on that fact that I have no idea what is actually going to be good and/or fun in the finished game, so for maximum flexibility I'll always want to have access to:
    1. A fighter

And for that reason I have a 325a and a Freelancer. I may upgrade the 325a to something else later since I'm not super impressed with how it performs right now, but its probably due a re-work at some point anyway since I'm not sure how you're supposed to get in and out of it when the cargo hold is full!

My Omega is my package, but will probably end up as a goof off ship since I have no real interest in racing. I also have an Aurora LN which I think will be my all around bread and butter ship for the early portion of the game. Once I decide what I want to move toward career wise I can buy a ship in-game that is more tailored to hauling freight, exploration, data running, etc. The floating fund can end up as either a secondary goof around ship like the Archimedes or Dragonfly (depending on what else gets released before launch), or it could be a Mustang Beta so I could get a jumpstart on exploration (or light smuggling), or I could just buy a bunch of weaponry, a nicer engine, better coolers, and a size 3 shield for my Aurora and turn it into a flying tank.

Either way I'll end up with a fast single seat ship for showing off or getting from place to place extremely quickly, a semi-beefy light cargo ship that can hopefully defend itself if need be, and probably one other ship to be determined.

Also the 300 series has a small port at the top of the ship for ingress/egress, although it is currently non-functional. I sincerely hope it gets a rework, because as it is currently designed there is no way to get into or out of the thing in space without exposing the entirety of the living quarters (and cargo) to hard vacuum, which is pretty ridiculous.

SmokeStacks on
    edited June 2016
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    1. A fighter

My Merchantman is my only non-LTI ship, so I've selected my fleet thusly:
    • Merchantman (2yr) - Blockade Runner configuration. Emphasis on escaping under cover of the rest of the fleet.
    • Dragonfly (LTI) - BMM snub
    • Vanguard (LTI) - to defend the Merchantman from large heavy hitters (I plan to pick up the Harbinger module in game.)
    • Khartu (LTI) - to defend the Vanguard from nimble dog-fighters.
    • Reliant News Van (LTI) - To record it all for my youtube channel. I plan to reduce her heat and energy signatures to keep her invisible, with the intention that she never has to fire a shot.

I have a Mustang Beta too, but I plan to sell it when the PU goes live and spend the proceeds on my first load of cargo.

[edit]
    I also swapped my BMM for a LTI Blade, and back again, with the intention of redeeming an unmelt token and LTI CCU next time the BMM goes on sale, providing they don't increase her price

[edit]
    I'd also consider melting it all for a RSI Polaris, if it's appropriately awesome. I did kind of name it after all.

Fuzzy Modem on
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

My Merchantman is my only non-LTI ship, so I've selected my fleet thusly:
    • Reliant News Van (LTI) - To record it all for my youtube channel. I plan to reduce her heat and energy signatures to keep her invisible, with the intention that she never has to fire a shot.

Dammit! Why didn't I think of that! Right now, I have a fairly focused fleet setup:
    • Mustang Beta for prospecting unexplored long-range areas (also functions as an escape boat for the captain (i.e. me) if things go pear-shaped)
    • Endeavor with Hangar and Fuel Pod modules for long-range exploration and fleet support
    • Hornet Ghost for local-space forward recon
    • Three-ship attack wing to defend the Endeavor (attack wing comprised of 1 Super Hornet, 1 Avenger, 1 Sabre)
    • Retaliator to take out those pesky targets that are too big for the fighter wing (if I can have it in low-power/stealth mode, even better)
    • M50 for...something...not sure yet, but I think I had in mind sending back exploration data. Maybe I'll use to just hot-rod around a bit...

Maybe I could use the M50 for video recording purposes. It should be fast enough to get to where the action is happening, right?

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    You guys have really thought this through... My fleet composition follows a slightly different logic:

- Avenger because it's sexy as fuck
    - Banu Merchantman because it's sexy as fuck
    - Sabre because it's sexy as fuck
    - Herald because it looks kinda neat.

Everyone is converging on the security post to take advantage of the $250 bullet exploit. Its seeming less like a bug and more like a way to incentivize a massive FPS fight :p

• TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Everyone is converging on the security post to take advantage of the $250 bullet exploit. Its seeming less like a bug and more like a way to incentivize a massive FPS fight :p

Can you elaborate?

EH28YFo.jpg

Can you elaborate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYBH67HNpSY

I've made $400,000 so far.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Can you elaborate?

haha ok that's amusing from a "lawl bugs" perspective but there's not really much point to it in the long run though?

Can you elaborate?

haha ok that's amusing from a "lawl bugs" perspective but there's not really much point to it in the long run though?

Only to the extent that I've "won" 2.4. I now own all the weapons and gear. :p

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    So FPS module is out now? Scott Manley said it was not good.

Tube wrote: »
    So FPS module is out now? Scott Manley said it was not good.

"Star Marine" is not a thing yet. Just PvP station combat in the mini-PU.

This discussion has been closed.