As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Movies] III: Let's All Go To The Lobby

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Am I the only one who disliked Drag Me to Hell? Can't tell if I'm on the wrong side of the opinion tracks or not.

I agree with you, but I think we're both on the wrong side.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    You guys should try to cross those tracks

I'm sure nothing will happen to you while on those tracks.

Nothing
    At
    All

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Movie thread! I have a friend asking for a disturbing, scary movie. I want him to regret asking me, and ever being my friend, so what are some pants-shittingly fucked-up terrifying movies?

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    The Loved Ones
    The Kill List

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Eraserhead
    Audition

Or if you want super disturbing
    Cannibal Holocaust

Warming though, actual animals were killed in that movie.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Of course you would agree with that Geth. You're a heartless machine

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Funny Games

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I disagreed with a lot of Eberts reviews, but you can bet your ass I still read them before and after seeing movies. The guy hates some of my favorite movies like Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead and the Usual Suspects, but both of us are crazy for Dark City.

Even if you disagreed, you could always understand his reasons. It wasn't until the last couple years that it was obvious that he started zoning out on films he didn't care for at all, which, to be fair, he had been seeing a lot of those for decades. Had he lived longer, his plan was going to be rather than reviewing everything that came out, only review films he was actually interested in seeing. Which I guess sounds kind of like semi-retirement.

I just read the synopsis of A Serbian Film.

That's something I never want to see... Fuck.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Want a Halloween movie, Watch Teeth, but do not look up a single word of plot summary, go in blind, just as you are about to shut it off because nothing is happening, and it's just some high school drama movie, IT HAPPENS.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Want a Halloween movie, Watch Teeth, but do not look up a single word of plot summary, go in blind, just as you are about to shut it off because nothing is happening, and it's just some high school drama movie, IT HAPPENS.
    VAGINA DENTATA VAGINA DENTATA

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    it is weird to me that someone wouldnt know what Teeth is about

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular

nooooooooope. Fuck that film.

Balefuego wrote: »
    it is weird to me that someone wouldnt know what Teeth is about

I was thinking the same thing.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    A friend of mine tried to get me to watch Teeth when it came out. He explained the hook to me and everything and all I could say was, NOPE.

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    kaceyp wrote: »
    The Mist is Frank Darabont adapting Stephen King, with Thomas Jane. It's serious and unsettling and has terrifying unknown otherworldly Lovecraftian nightmares.

I enjoyed it, but it desperately needs an ending edit and the last 2 minutes completely cut. Ending spoiler:
    They need to add some reasonable amount of waiting time after running out of gas. As it is, they're way too quick to give up after surviving that long so it doesn't sit right with me. But far more egregious is the following 2 minutes that turn the ending from tragic to eye-rollingly, comically tragic. Whatever hack put that ending down on paper should be ashamed. In my opinion, ending with him raging impotently into the mist after doing the deed would have worked far better.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I completely disagree. That ending is brilliant and crushing and awful and darkly humorous. It's a perfect King type ending. Hell, he even prefers it.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Watching Shadows of the Vampire.

Holy shit these two leads are playing a game of creepy chicken.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yo John Wick was fuckin amazing

God damn

CYpGAPn.png
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I don't really like horror movies but there have been a few exceptions

The Shining and The Thing are both very enjoyable because they excel so much at atmosphere. The Thing is also a visual pleasure because the practical effects are in-credible.

But I have access to neither of those movies right now so may just go with only somewhat a horror movie in Let The Right One In, which I've been meaning to see again since the first viewing. Not sure if it is still on Netflix but I haven't ever seen it not on there so

Cilla Black on
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I completely disagree. That ending is brilliant and crushing and awful and darkly humorous. It's a perfect King type ending. Hell, he even prefers it.

I'm a huge king fan who hates almost every ending he's ever written

Mist (the film) has a good ilending

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

And surprising no one, its Malkovich.

Its always Malkovich...

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Yeah malkovitch wins that one

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Super late to the party, but I'm watching The Raid 2 right now.....

....holy shit, hammers.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Super late to the party, but I'm watching The Raid 2 right now.....

....holy shit, hammers.

Yes.

Hammers.

I'm watching Star Trek into Darkness.

Yo, this film has hella 9/11 vibes.

It's a good movie

I guess I should revise that.

Hella Iraq War vibes.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I guess I should revise that.

Hella Iraq War vibes.

Mmm, stick with it

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I watched John Wick tonight. I was legitimately surprised at how much I enjoyed it.
    When Ms. Perkins was executed I actually laughed out loud.
    I was the only one who did >.>

Assassin community's got very few rules, but you do not fuck with them.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

And surprising no one, its Malkovich.

Its always Malkovich...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIpev8JXJHQ

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Just got back from Nightcrawler...pretty hamfisted overall, but Gyllenhaal's performance is amazing.

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Our planned sci-fi horror film marathon has been postponed but we have time for one movie tonight, I have chosen to make that movie Attack the Block.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Yo John Wick was fuckin amazing

God damn

I just saw it also and I loved it

It is a movie about maintaining eye contact

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Okay, so I think I should watch Tucker and Dale vs Evil.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Star Trek Into Darkness was kinda disappointing.

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    You should 100% watch Tucker and Dale vs Evil, also Cabin in the Woods (if you're using netflix)

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    When I was leaving john wick I was thinking that I would love it if they made a prequel or something

But now that I think about it more I really just want more of those sorts of movies from Keanu Reeves

Keanu Action is a genre I would strongly to support

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I actually really like the sense that all the characters in John Wick have all this history together, without there being a movie that actually shows it

Now a cable TV series about the various assassins doing business at the Continental is something I would love

This discussion has been closed.