As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Edman's *New* Dumping Grounds

EdmanEdman Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Artist's Corner
Old dump thread died, and I was sick of looking at the stuff anyhow...
So, new stuff!

l_bd6c5b65b25e71ce037013ba346fcaf1.png

I just finished this one last night. It's really fun to bust out the old acrylics, despite my lack of "technique."

The following are the first two (and only) pages of a webcomic I've been toiling away on recently.

l_5627de6fd19703cbd1f851be1f2c8a6d.png

l_114a16bab976930e0929ffa792cb482e.png

I plan on updating weekly, on Saturdays or Sundays.

Here's a screenshot (as per the rules) if one would like to see the site.

l_c47c2e55349088f7b1a8268c985eb32d.png

If anyone wants to svisit the actual site, it's at www.intheimageofgods.com (or click on the link in my sig.)

Finally, this is something I threw up in the doodle thread, but I thought I'd add it in here as well.

l_eeb622385f5e91bb62266629a98fab06.png

Edman on

• Options
    TalleyrandTalleyrand Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I like the style and colors you use for your comics. Polar bears vomiting rainbows? Capital idea!

Talleyrand on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    That first painting had me laughing. Thing's got some pizazz I tell you what.

Also, I think that polar bear comic would benefit more if "HYUCK" was changed to "HUURGH" or something. Every time I read "HYUCK" I think of Disney World.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Talleyrand - Thanks very much!

Godfather - I had a funny feeling about that sound effect. I'm totally going with that suggestion. I'm terrible with onomatopoeia.

Edman on
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    About how big is that acrylic painting? I think it's bomb as hell. One thing I think would've helped is defining or separating the sky and water in some way.

Would like to see more.

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    EpiEpi Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It's Mr. Potatomato's father.

You have a big version of the acrylic? I've been in the market for a new desktop recently

Also, in your comic you mentioned "easter eggs." Was that the band posters or I am blind to another secret?

Epi on
  • Options
    the_red_pandathe_red_panda Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    the oil painting is awesome, what are the dimensions on that?

the polar bear comic kinda reminds me of perry bible fellowship, great work

the_red_panda on
    im dumb as hell >_>
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Been in the hospital for a day or so - due to a nasty bug which was probably the same that my wife had, which inspired the polar bear comic. I believe that falls under Morissettian Irony.
    In any case, once I'm back on my feet, I'll be reworking the comic, as well as picking up the webcomic again.

NeoRed - 20" x 16" and thanks! I've done a couple so far without much in the way of defining the horizon, and I've felt pretty good about them so far. However, that may just be the abstraction talking.

Epi - I had to look up potatomato. But yeah, they are related, as all gods are. ;) I will certainly try and churn out a desktop size if some people would like - any size preferences? I'm still in 1024x768. Oh yes, and the eater eggs were the posters, from left to right: pink floyd, the shining, rage against the machine, and nirvana. The bikini one is just a random addition.

Red Panda - Thanks! It's acrylic, and 20" x 16" - and any comparison to PBF is awesome in my book.

Edman on
  • Options
    YellowHerbYellowHerb Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    That bearded king painting, I love the color palette and the textures : ) Is it finished or...?

YellowHerb on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I'm on 1280x800 if you would be so kind. I'm excited for the comic to continue and slightly disappointed that this sunday did not bring a new one. I suppose I can wait :P

And the polarbear comic kid's upturned nose really bothers me.

Epi on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    First off, updated text on polar bear comic:

l_3acadb650e23d1a11a5830459f69721d.png

Second, for those who wanted wallpapers of the neptune painting, I bring you:

1280x800

...and for the old fogeys like myself, 1024x768

I'll keep those up for at least a couple weeks, so grab 'em while they're hot. </lame>
    Finally, I'm just going to drop a painting from a year or so ago, again showing the complete lack of horizon. Also a very similar theme and composition - I've done several variations on it and can't seems to get it out of my head. I dunno, something very graphic about it.

l_5b4aa80bb267a62181cbaad842fd31a1.png

EDIT: The one above is titled "how awkward"

Edman on
  • Options
    CorgiCorgi Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    "How Awkward" is just brilliant. I love how the setting sun indicates the horizon without showing a horizon line.
    very chill:^:

Corgi on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I think your art is really really good.

But I think what makes your paintings are the titles. They're dead on and add a lot more too the art.

Yeah

Epi on