As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sunset Overdrive - Chaos and Carnage in Cartoony Colors

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Best use of onomatopoeia 2014

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    ...okay 35 minutes in i'm cringing a little

but my opinion is still overall positive!

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    The humour goes up and down but the overall curve is positive as the game goes on

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    The humor falls flat occasionally, but it never stops trying and it doesn't come off as trying too hard, either.

It takes after Borderlands in its style of comedy a bit, but there are lots more gags and laughs.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    so! we've decided to get this game and an Xbox One, which we will be picking up later today

I would be delighted to play with any of you folks and will add our username to the list once we sort it all out

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    so! we've decided to get this game and an Xbox One, which we will be picking up later today

I would be delighted to play with any of you folks and will add our username to the list once we sort it all out

Dammit! Why is everyone getting an Xbox One before me?!

He says assuming he will ever actually have the time to play one...

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Moriveth wrote: »

I will trade you my XBox One for your excellent and adorable toddler because she is excellent and adorable

I do wanna meet her one day, she is so delightful

Vivixenne on
  • Options

I will trade you my XBox One for your excellent and adorable toddler because she is excellent and adorable

wanna meet her one day

Hmm. Hmm.

I mean I want to say no, but Xbox One...

OhgodI'mkiddingRachel

• Options

wanna meet her one day

Hmm. Hmm.

I mean I want to say no, but Xbox One...

OhgodI'mkiddingRachel

OR ARE YOU

@Janson @Janson @Janson @Janson‌

• Options
    I poked some holes in the box and put some food inside! She'll be fine, Australia will toughen her up!

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Ask me at 1 am when she's screaming 'I hate you go away mommy' and I'll consider it... ;)

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

I have Blake's GT still on my friends list, if you're making your own profile then my tag is the same as my name here.

• Options
    My gamertag is VivixennexiviV. Dumb I know but oh well.

• Options
    My gamertag is VivixennexiviV. Dumb I know but oh well.

added

• Options
    edited November 2014
    The humor falls flat occasionally, but it never stops trying and it doesn't come off as trying too hard, either.

It takes after Borderlands in its style of comedy a bit, but there are lots more gags and laughs.

Thus far I have enjoyed the various pop culture references that appear when you respawn.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    @Moriveth‌ @Janson‌

How about an Anya / XBox One weekend exchange? :D

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    oh man that sounds like an excellent deal

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    People can video game add me too now.

Blakes V

Blake T on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    ugh, auto complete messed up my name. It is fixed now.

• Options
    Ok so after playing through the first three story areas of the game, I feel safe saying that I REALLY LIKE IT. The humour is hit and miss but I still enjoy all the pop culture nods and jokes. It's a lot of fun.

What confounds me is why it takes three story areas to introduce you to walk-running, when the likelihood is that you've already been doing it to get around.

Also I still hate the weapon wheel, but tapping LB makes life a bit easier when needing a quick swap from an out of ammo gun.

Oh and the interface for the overdrive menu is super unwieldy.

TNTeddy and Roman Candle are my jam right now and I am trying to get the Shocker.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Wait walk running what

• Options
    Wall-running

My phone is being a smartass

• Options
    Getting the hang of moving from rail to rail feels pretty great.

• Options
    i just fought Norton and

this game is making a strong play for my game of the year

• Options
    It gets so much better too!

• Options
    I completed the story and I still want more. I've never wanted more from any other open-world game after completing the main story.

It's definitely on the top of my list for this year's games.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    the EXCALAMUNE mission remains my favourite story mission in any video game EVER

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It's just nice to see a great game come out of a new and original IP

• Options
    edited November 2014
    the EXCALAMUNE mission remains my favourite story mission in any video game EVER

Which game/mission?

It's just nice to see a great game come out of a new and original IP

Seriously.

The only thing that's missing is a ridiculously kickass soundtrack. They put their best songs in the credits.

If the rest of the soundtrack was as good as the first two songs after the credits roll, it would've been all the way there. Instead, we had to listen to the punk version of the Pepto Bismol jingle too many times.

Not bad, but it needs to be amped way up (in style and craziness) for the sequel.

EDIT: I didn't miss it in this game, but once they do improve the soundtrack, they have to add a jukebox option.

Man of the Waves on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Honestly, I think my only complaint about Sunset Overdrive so far is I wanted the main story to actually be a little big longer.

Not even a lot maybe just 20%.

But that doesn't mean there isn't a lot of content in the game because there is loads.

• Options
    The Excalamune mission is from this game. Maybe you haven't gotten to it yet?

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I'm really surprised about how well this game is being received.

The stuff that I'd seen prior to release made it look somewhat aimless and sandboxy in a not so interesting way, but I'm guessing that's actually not the case at all?

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I'm really surprised about how well this game is being received.

The stuff that I'd seen prior to release made it look somewhat aimless and sandboxy in a not so interesting way, but I'm guessing that's actually not the case at all?
    All the previews apparently came back with pretty lukewarm feedback. But after release it has gotten consistently rave reviews.

• Options
    i was pretty consistently unimpressed with the videos they were putting out before the game released but actually playing it makes it click and it's super fun

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    It's really refreshing to hear.

I'll chuck this on my shortlist for when I decide to grab an Xbox One.

• Options
    The Excalamune mission is from this game. Maybe you haven't gotten to it yet?

I misread your post. I thought you said the "Excalamune reminds me of my favorite story mission in a game ever".

But yeah, it's definitely one of the highlights of Sunset Overdrive. I laughed so many times throughout that quest. Then, at the end, she says
    "Aww, they neutered my nuclear sword!"
    and I laughed even harder.

I was really impressed with the voice actress all the way through the game.

• Options
    Yeah Blake is playing with a male character while I've got the female character, and I think the lady voice actor is way better than the dude. She hits the comedic notes in a way that I find much more appealing, anyway.

Plus, I'm partial to her because she also voiced Artemis in Young Justice, which both Blake and I spotted almost instantly.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Yup I like the lady voice actress way more.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I like the female voice more too.

But I generally can't stand Yuri Lowenthal's voice outside of a few roles.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Made my way to Little Tokyo, god this game is gorgeous.