As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is the Endless Legend Thread and it Always Has Been

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Ah bollocks. Yeah so the Netherlands must have evacuated their spaceship parts during the war. I load up the game, hit Next Turn, and they finish the stasis chamber.

I am

so bitter

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Guys, look at the list of achievements.

"I'm in the middle of some calibrations" made my day.

Also I just finished a full game. A nice twist on all of Civ 5 mechanics. It's the same kind of game, but it's different enough. Definitely not having the historical connections throws me a bit (like, in Civ you can always be like "yeah, I want get knights" and know how to get there). I only played on Mercury, though.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    And yeah, it definitely passes the "one more turn test". I checked the clock at 3:30 and thought I was doing okay. I look up again and then it's suddenly 5:00. Whoops.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Oh yeah. Siege Worms can go to hell.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    There are some annoying issues like receiving quests that the game KNOWS you can not complete (requiring ressources near the specific city which don't exist), but I'm sure there'll be plenty of patches coming

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    This thread is making me think I should finally play Alpha Centuri.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    This thread is making me think I should finally play Alpha Centuri.

Do this thing. I only got it about two years ago, and it still holds up.

• Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    India declares war on me, I take everything they have (as SpaceFrance/Spain). Slavs declare war on me because opportunists, I stall them long enough to ascend humanity to a higher plane of existence. Vive la France!

wait, I can go the full evangelion in this game?

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I'm sure my computer is woefully underpowered for this game, so I'm just gonna pull up ol' Civ3 one more time.

Maybe this time I can actually use a nuke before the whole world declares war on me.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    The search box in the research web may be the greatest thing ever.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    So we played this multiplayer last night but probably had a little too much wine.

Here is what I have learned:

I know nothing of this planet and it despises me.

Fun times!

• Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    Maybe if you hadnt declared war with me on turn 5, we could've worked together to take out those bugs.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    If you're like me, you like yield and resource icons. I finally found them! You have to click on the eye symbol in the upper left corner of the minimap to access all that stuff!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Beyond Earth launch weekend first contact:
    8 players
    Factions picked in a randomly generated order
    Friday 9pm-12am EST and picking up again Saturday 3pm-6pm EST
    Normal map size and speed
    All victory conditions
    Random Map
    Turn Timer OFF
    Steam Voice Chat or Ventrilo(for vocal abuse of people taking too long with their turns.)
    Streamed On Twitch
    Leaving before the specified time or joining in late is allowed, just know your empire's future is in the AIs hand, for all the promises they've made of improving it.

PM me if you want a spot in the match. Giving SE first dibs.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Beyond Earth launch weekend first contact:
    8 players
    Factions picked in a randomly generated order
    Friday 9pm-12am EST and picking up again Saturday 3pm-6pm EST
    Normal map size and speed
    All victory conditions
    Random Map
    Turn Timer OFF
    Steam Voice Chat or Ventrilo(for vocal abuse of people taking too long with their turns.)
    Streamed On Twitch
    Leaving before the specified time or joining in late is allowed, just know your empire's future is in the AIs hand, for all the promises they've made of improving it.

PM me if you want a spot in the match. Giving SE first dibs.
    I could probably do this tonight, but not the saturday time.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    So my game is coming along nicely. Up to about turn 250ish and have my people making decent progress into turning into robots. Just joined two allies of mine and am about to go smack Polystralia down.

What's that game? You wanna freeze on me and force me to hard close the application. Cool.

Let's just load that game bac.... You don't autosave do you game.

Don't mind me guys. Just gonna sit in this corner and stare at this wall for a bit.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    So my game is coming along nicely. Up to about turn 250ish and have my people making decent progress into turning into robots. Just joined two allies of mine and am about to go smack Polystralia down.

What's that game? You wanna freeze on me and force me to hard close the application. Cool.

Let's just load that game bac.... You don't autosave do you game.

Don't mind me guys. Just gonna sit in this corner and stare at this wall for a bit.

it autosaves, they're just in a different section. Click the "autosaves" button.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    You are my hero. No idea how i missed that.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    So, things that are awesome:
    - Unit Upgrading
    - Tech Web
    - Little Idealogical blurbs (not like AC, but still!)
    - Purity/Harmony/Supremecy
    - Virtue System

Things that are not awesome
    - Siege Worms
    - Siege Worms
    - Siege Worms

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »
    So, things that are awesome:
    - Unit Upgrading
    - Tech Web
    - Little Idealogical blurbs (not like AC, but still!)
    - Purity/Harmony/Supremecy
    - Virtue System

Things that are not awesome
    - Siege Worms
    - Siege Worms
    - Siege Worms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOdZJIl1q4w

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    I don't know, Siege Worms are pretty alright once you have Harmony

• Options
    Can we just all agree that the best addition for this game is the fact that I don't need to wait 20 minutes to get to the main menu?

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    SMBE so far seems okay but it could stand a couple of decent expansion packs to realize its potential

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I reeeeeeally like the quest system

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I kinda wish the victory conditions and affinities weren't explained to you right at the start

like, it's not Civ, we don't already know how the various archetypes of civilization play out because this is fiction, they could breadcrumb that shit a little

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    So it sounds like the more the wildlife is harassed, the more hostile they get not only to you but to all civilizations?

So going full military space marines carries the added benefit of having the wildlife harass your opponents too?

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Playing more endless legend, I cannot close points gap with the NPC super-power no matter what I do

I feel like I should cut off my trade shit with them but they are the only living NPC of any value to me

My stupid dragon quest is telling me to take over a city and so I'll probably just wipe that entire faction off the map for the hell of it

Also: getting a level 2 district is the most unexplained thing I've come across so far

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I've only played a couple hours, but the thing I want most is for WASD to move the camera. I keep trying to use it because of muscle memory and just end up making my units do stuff.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Playing more endless legend, I cannot close points gap with the NPC super-power no matter what I do

I feel like I should cut off my trade shit with them but they are the only living NPC of any value to me

My stupid dragon quest is telling me to take over a city and so I'll probably just wipe that entire faction off the map for the hell of it

Also: getting a level 2 district is the most unexplained thing I've come across so far

Yeah it was really rough halfway through a game to learn that all my cities should have been triangles.

They were all pretty much very unhappy straight lines at that point.

• Options
    Trying to get a multiplayer game going in 45 minutes. 4 spots left.

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I've only played a couple hours, but the thing I want most is for WASD to move the camera. I keep trying to use it because of muscle memory and just end up making my units do stuff.

Is this a setting you can change? I'm probably getting this tonight with some overtime money and I do not like edge of screen movement.

• Options
    2 slots left in an 8 player lobby

sirtoons.png
  • Options
  • Options
    bad manners

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Shots fired.

Or will be.

By my men charging into the aliend hordes.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular

Is this a setting you can change? I'm probably getting this tonight with some overtime money and I do not like edge of screen movement.

There's nothing in the options. Maybe there's an ini that can be edited or something. The arrow keys work, but I'd really rather use WASD.

• Options

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    I kinda wish the victory conditions and affinities weren't explained to you right at the start

like, it's not Civ, we don't already know how the various archetypes of civilization play out because this is fiction, they could breadcrumb that shit a little

I'm having a hard time understanding this complaint.

Obfuscating game mechanics in a strategy game? Really? You think they should have done that?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    hmmph need to make it windowed

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    So I got a quest to destroy an outpost and got them really low on HP and the next turn they withdrew...? Is that a bug? So I failed the quest.

Question: Having never played a civ game ebfore sieging cities seems really difficult, any pointers?