As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Battle of Hayes Pond [Chat]

ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
edited October 2014 in Debate and/or Discourse
On January 13th, the KKK burned crosses on the lawns of two members of the Lumbee Tribe in Robeson County, North Carolina. One of the families was targeted because they moved into a white neighborhood. The other had a family member dating a white man. On January 18th, the Klan held a rally. Made sure everyone in the area knew it was going to happen. Their declared goals were "to put the Indians in their place, to end race mixing." About 100 Klansmen showed up to the rally. They brought a small speaker system, one light and a big KKK banner. If they had brought more lights they might have seen the ~500 or so angry and armed Lumbees advancing on them. The Klansmen's first inkling that they had chosen poorly was when the one light they had was shattered with a shotgun blast. The Klansman handled the armed confrontation in true Klan style. They ran like hell, abandoning their silly outfits and the banner they brought with them. "Catfish" Cole, the Grand Dragon of South Carolina ran so fast that he left his wife behind. And thus the Battle of Hayes Pond ended in a rout of the Klan and the end of Klan activity in Robeson County.

The regalia the Klan left behind was burned publicly. The banner ended up in Life Magazine.

3224129346_6312a5e97d_o.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbikXpIRxlA

I'll do another write up in a bit about why the Klan decided to go after the Lumbee tribe in the first place.
It involves them getting running away from angry black people with guns.

Thomamelas on

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Shiv and Shreck have gone to bed.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    hi but goodnight

poo
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Choco, don't worry about not having been with a guy. You're in a long term monogamous relationship, and it's entirely possible that you've never had the opportunity. Just do what you feel is right with another consenting adult and it's all good.

And if you still feel uncomfortable, just blame the hetero-normative patriarchal paradigm.

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Shivamelas

Thomalitycheck

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Choco, an orgasm is an orgasm. They aren't more special or magical because it's a dude or dudette.

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I had a shower beer tonight. and then cracked open a nice stout with my dinner. listening to Emancipator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql48JkvBQiE

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    choco, girls are more sexually attractive than guys don't be an idiot

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Oh thanks! I'm not super insecure about it but it's one of those things that's mildly irksome when someone makes a remark about bisexuals just having not decided or what have you.

• TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    i have received the new smash bros on the 3ds, and out the box i'm competitive with the level 9 cpu. i'm not dominating it like i assume i should be. but i'm okay. maybe call our matches 60-40

and then i go online and get slauuughtered and it's never even close

i think i might actually have to start thinking about how to be good at smash bros instead of just winging it

does anyone has tips for how to do good at smash? i feel like i have a lot of trouble setting up any kind of smash attack but everyone else is always so good at it. i imagine it has a lot to do with zoning or something? making your opponent land in your smash zone??

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Choco, an orgasm is an orgasm. They aren't more special or magical because it's a dude or dudette.

Uh

Jesus only likes it when you have one kind of orgasm

that makes it special

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

According to evangelicals, gay orgasms are 10x more powerful and enjoyable, and thus are able to convert even the most upright god-fearing straight man.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

Uh

that makes it special

pleasebefleshlightpleasebefleshlightpleasebefleshlight

....wait, what?

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    All this sex talk reminded me that I haven't read Oglaf this week.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Choco, don't worry about not having been with a guy. You're in a long term monogamous relationship, and it's entirely possible that you've never had the opportunity. Just do what you feel is right with another consenting adult and it's all good.

And if you still feel uncomfortable, just blame the hetero-normative patriarchal paradigm.

Hey!

That's paradigms always treated me well. There's no call to be mean.

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

According to evangelicals, gay orgasms are 10x more powerful and enjoyable, and thus are able to convert even the most upright god-fearing straight man.
    Wait what? 10x? Brb trying to make myself gay.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

Uh

that makes it special
    pegging?

Sometimes I just like to sit down with a silly movie and oglaf myself stupid.

• TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    it's the only paradigm where i can be me

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    2s37xp6omzpo.jpg

Lean times here at the organipuppies residence

Pray for us

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    butt orgasms claim over 10,000 lives a year

plz do not butt orgasm

you are taking your life into your hands

insert butt pun here

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    less beer more food mayhap?

The Lumbee are pretty interesting as a group. They get recognition as a Native American tribe in the 1850's by the state of North Carolina, but they don't get Federal recognition until 1956. But they aren't a recognized tribe by the Federal goverment and thus don't have access to BIA services. And it bars them from following the normal application process for tribal status. They are the largest tribe east of the Mississippi to lack tribal status. There have been periodic attempts in Congress to correct this but they tend to fail.

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I'm living on rice and beans and plain yogurt. Must shop.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    You've got the makings for a few days worth of Beer Milk at least.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    2s37xp6omzpo.jpg

Pray for us

1554 is basically liquid bread

you could build a pyramid on that

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    I can survive on milk, hummus, chili and seedless grapes for months

less beer more food mayhap?

You monster.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Cleonicus, myself, girlfriend, husband, and girlfriend's coworker rocked pub trivia tonight. 1st of 13.

Just wanted to mention that.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    These udon noodles arent that great.

I can survive on milk, hummus, chili and seedless grapes for months

hummus is basically bachelor chow for me

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I just accidentally converted all of my kittens' Compendiums into Blueprints when I was less than five awa from being able to research Geology

fffffffffffff

I just accidentally converted all of my kittens' Compendiums into Blueprints when I was less than five awa from being able to research Geology

fffffffffffff

:bro:

I've made so many accidental Ships when I was trying to make more Scaffolds.

fffffffffffff

i hate that

the worst part about that is that blueprints are really easy to find

Leonard Cohen has a new album out. Nice.

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Cleonicus, myself, girlfriend, husband, and girlfriend's coworker rocked pub trivia tonight. 1st of 13.

nice! I am jealous of successful trivia teams.

(our home base bar just started doing trivia Wednesday nights but the format they rely on is like 2/3ds "guess the name and artist of this song from the mid-70s through mid-90s" and welp it is not a format nexus and I can really compete in because they never play any yeti-american music and getting me to recall the name and artist of a particular song is lol because brain damage weeee)

did you get good prizes at least?

2s37xp6omzpo.jpg

Pray for us

1554 is basically liquid bread

you could build a pyramid on that

I've survived off of fridges that looked worse than that.

at least they're some of the better New Belgiums

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png

nice! I am jealous of successful trivia teams.

(our home base bar just started doing trivia Wednesday nights but the format they rely on is like 2/3ds "guess the name and artist of this song from the mid-70s through mid-90s" and welp it is not a format nexus and I can really compete in because they never play any yeti-american music and getting me to recall the name and artist of a particular song is lol because brain damage weeee)

did you get good prizes at least?

Music round is my round. Usually I rock it.

Tonight I was a little weak on it. It was all Postmodern Jukebox covers of famous songs. We got 9 out of 16. We should have gotten 10 out of 16, but one song was misattributed by the trivia master (he only accepted George Michael as the artist on Careless Whisper, even though it was originally released by Wham, and we didn't challenge it).

The prices are meh. $15 pub credit. But it's walking distance from our house and we have fun.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The Gamergate thread seems to be going well *cough*

I haven't listened to the Neotokyo soundtrack in a while. forgot how much I love this whole thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDsFtVK9rzA

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
This discussion has been closed.