As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread got turned into a pink bunny, find the new one.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    What 8 skills do you consider ideal, then?

Hasty Attacks is obvious, as is the element booster for whatever element(s) the weapon type has...

Enlong on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    koei.wikia.com/wiki/Hyrule_Warriors/Weapon_Skills

Out of the 4000 skills, you can have 2. Hasty Attacks obviously like you said. Normal Attacks is junk, it only affects the FIRST hit. I'd only bother putting Focus Attack on Young Link since he can can practically be in that for an entire mission. Otherwise it's pretty much your choice of a better weak point smash or special attack depending on who it is.

After that... probably just any of the Strength X moves, pick your favourite combos. The item skills are junk. VS skills are ok if there's a particular boss you just hate to fight (Fuck YOU Zant!). Strong Attack if they got a real bitchin' one (Hello Ganondorf!), but functionally worthless if they don't (Hello Zelda...) The bonus exp/items stuff is nice filler, but I usually just cram them all into a second weapon.

The 25k skill isn't completely worthless if you have a spare slot that you can't think of anything to put it in. It just doesn't do what you'd think it does. "Increases base weapon strength to 300." "To" being the key. A rank 3 weapon has a base attack of I think 280, which is then increased by the number of stars. 5 star rank 3 is 420. With Legendary, it bumps up to... 450. Utterly worthless given the work involved. Like I said it's only really worth is putting it on lower rank weapons. But rank 1 weapons have a max of I think 3 slots, and rank 2 is 5. So it's still not worth it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Hopefully Evil's Bane is something they tweak a bit in the 3DS version.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    koei.wikia.com/wiki/Hyrule_Warriors/Weapon_Skills

Out of the 4000 skills, you can have 2. Hasty Attacks obviously like you said. Normal Attacks is junk, it only affects the FIRST hit. I'd only bother putting Focus Attack on Young Link since he can can practically be in that for an entire mission. Otherwise it's pretty much your choice of a better weak point smash or special attack depending on who it is.

After that... probably just any of the Strength X moves, pick your favourite combos. The item skills are junk. VS skills are ok if there's a particular boss you just hate to fight (Fuck YOU Zant!). Strong Attack if they got a real bitchin' one (Hello Ganondorf!), but functionally worthless if they don't (Hello Zelda...) The bonus exp/items stuff is nice filler, but I usually just cram them all into a second weapon.

The 25k skill isn't completely worthless if you have a spare slot that you can't think of anything to put it in. It just doesn't do what you'd think it does. "Increases base weapon strength to 300." "To" being the key. A rank 3 weapon has a base attack of I think 280, which is then increased by the number of stars. 5 star rank 3 is 420. With Legendary, it bumps up to... 450. Utterly worthless given the work involved. Like I said it's only really worth is putting it on lower rank weapons. But rank 1 weapons have a max of I think 3 slots, and rank 2 is 5. So it's still not worth it.

I wish we had more detailed info on the exact effect of the skills though.

I keep seeing it like, I could unlock the 25k skill and bump the attack up +30, or I could have No Healing that "minimizes healing effects, but attacks deal more damage," or Heartstrong that "increases attack damage while health is full." Are those more than 30 attack worth?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    All these new posts! There must have been some new Zelda info I hadn't heard about yet!

Oh.... :/

Hey, I posted something new and Zelda-ish! It just got a little buried :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    CGHCGH Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I keep seeing it like, I could unlock the 25k skill and bump the attack up +30, or I could have No Healing that "minimizes healing effects, but attacks deal more damage," or Heartstrong that "increases attack damage while health is full." Are those more than 30 attack worth?

I'm sorry that I don't have time to dig out the studies that prove it, but yes. Yes they are. You don't see it on any stats screen, but they raise your attack by a percentage (10%? 20%? I don't remember) much higher than a straight +30 would do.

If you are going for A ranks, No Healing is the best skill you can have since you can only take so much damage anyway before you'd have to restart.

Gamefaqs and reddit both documented their results in using all these skills a while back if anyone wants to search for it.

CGH on
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Crap I've been selling all my 4,000 skill weapons because I don't want to grind them to unlock. Should reconsider now since I've been hitting a wall on the harder adventure maps where everything takes forever to kill. Thought leveling up your character was all that mattered.

Like I never even heard of skills like hasty attack or no healing until now.

BronzeKoopa on
  • Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Kupi wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »
    The more I think about it, the more I think I'd be totally cool with a version of Skyward Sword that controlled more like Metal Gear Rising.

The motion control, while good , was never the thing I liked most.

Now I want a Zelda spinoff developed by Platinum Games.

This sentence works for every damn IP ever made.

Although apparently not Avatar/Legend of Korra.

?

Korra was fine. If it had an actual budget, it might've been amazing, but it wasn't bad.

Platinum has to occasionally make a license game to pay the bills. There are much worse license-using games, though, so I liked it for what it was.

reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    Crap I've been selling all my 4,000 skill weapons because I don't want to grind them to unlock. Should reconsider now since I've been hitting a wall on the harder adventure maps where everything takes forever to kill. Thought leveling up your character was all that mattered.

Like I never even heard of skills like hasty attack or no healing until now.

Hasty attacks is like the attack speed boost you get when in focus mode... but all the time. You don't need it for anything... but god damn is it great.

It also means you can use a guard break potion, and now you have basically every benefit of focus mode permanently for the stage.

It's really f'ing awsome.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    No Healing and the other skills that boost damage like that (including the Strength skills for their respective attack) give close to a 30% damage boost, and they stack.

The even bigger factor is that their damage boost is calculated after enemy defense. You can really tell the difference in the Twilight map.

Hasty Attacks is great for basically everything, but it makes slower characters a lot more safe to play. Agitha, Zant, and Ruto benefit from it the most IMO. But imagine using Ganondorf's C6 at Focus Spirit speed all the time.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I need help in MM bad.

I complsted Snowhead temple with minutes to spare and had to rewind without exploring the mountain with the snow melted. Do I have to redo this dungeon to try the races? Come to think of it, how do you even proceed to Zora land?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Typing on mobile:

After you beat the dungeon there is a portal at the entrance that let's you go straight to the boss.

For Zora land, you need Epona. You'll need a powder keg to access the farm before the third day.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I need help in MM bad.

I complsted Snowhead temple with minutes to spare and had to rewind without exploring the mountain with the snow melted. Do I have to redo this dungeon to try the races? Come to think of it, how do you even proceed to Zora land?

If you managed to beat the boss, all you have to do is go back to Snowhead and beat the boss again and it'll melt the snow to allow you to continue.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    It's a good thing you'll be rewinding and rebeating Goht! A full three day cycle is necessary to upgrade your sword to the final and lasting stage. And you can use the rest of the time to explore springtime in mountainland

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Well, first you need to lure a Chuchu to- wait, wrong mode of play.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I know it's shallow, but I never do the final sword upgrade because it's so ugly.

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    I know it's shallow, but I never do the final sword upgrade because it's so ugly.

12 year old McFlynn thought the temporary sword upgrade was super badass.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Wait. Did that glitch come back?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    McFlynn wrote: »
    Dirty wrote: »

12 year old McFlynn thought the temporary sword upgrade was super badass.

I still think it's super badass.

• Options
    Venture IndustryVenture Industry Registered User regular
    There's a reason they use the mid level upgrade on a lot of promotional stuff for Majora's Mask.

3DS: 3866-8020-5336 NNID/PSN: VentureIndustry XBL: Hax0rz
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Has someone turned the song Sonic Heroes into Triforce Heroes yet?

• Options
    Pretty sure the lyrics are nonspecific enough that you could Find/Replace "Sonic" with "Triforce" and call it done.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Sorry, Link. But you're probably still aging 3 days per cycle. Far from immortality, it means you could theoretically die of old age before the moon falls.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Sorry, Link. But you're probably still aging 3 days per cycle. Far from immortality, it means you could theoretically die of old age before the moon falls.

So you're saying in OoT, Link still ages and de-ages 7 years at a time, but ages in terms of minutes/hours/days as he goes on adventures?

If he's normally age 10 and 17, I can leave the console on for a year and he'll be age 11 and 18? :o

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

I have a urge for a Hyrule Warriors mission where Ghirahim has stolen Tingle's magic words (and his combat animations) and you control Tingle going after him for revenge.

• Options
    I want to swap weapons, Hyrule Warriors. I want to play as Zelda with a Harp, or Impa with a Sword, or Lana with a Scepter.

Don't tell me it can't be done. You already use it in adventure maps, pittinge against characters with unusual-but-logical weapons all the time.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Guys. I just bought myself a Wii U over the weekend and got Hyrule Warriors. It's big fun so far. I've run somewhere in the neighborhood of 9 story missions so far, and I'm loving it. I think the characters I've been playing are all around 17-20 in level.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Guys. I just bought myself a Wii U over the weekend and got Hyrule Warriors. It's big fun so far. I've run somewhere in the neighborhood of 9 story missions so far, and I'm loving it. I think the characters I've been playing are all around 17-20 in level.

RIP your free time.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »

RIP your free time.

It's gonna be an adventure and a half, I tell you what.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »

RIP your free time.

It's gonna be an adventure and a half, I tell you what.

4 and a half adventures after DLC.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Thanks to my lack of willpower, I have now pre-ordered the Majora's Mask Nendoroid :P AmiAmi had an ok price (was like $10 cheaper than freaking Play-Asia... really starting to dislike them and their price gouging). That thing looks so adorable. PLUS YOU GET MASKS TO PUT ON IT!!

I mean, how can I not buy this?
    FIGURE-013278_05.jpg

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular

took me to number 2 to figure out what the hell this meant and then i lol'd

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    The wife and I just cleared the Master Quest map. With Twilight coming up, any recommended weapon builds you folks might suggest?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I beat Majora's Mask. Ugh, god I hated the dungeons.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    CGHCGH Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    The wife and I just cleared the Master Quest map. With Twilight coming up, any recommended weapon builds you folks might suggest?

If you haven't already, start working on putting 3,000 and 4,000 KO skills on your weapons. From the 3,000 KO skill category get No Healing. Settling for Defenseless will probably be okay too. From the 4,000 KO lot, of which you can have two per weapon, Hasty Attacks, Special Attack+, and Finishing Blow+ are generally the best depending on the character.

You will eventually need the huge damage bonuses those skills give to complete missions in a reasonable time. Beyond those, just use element+ and the skills that up damage for specific moves you like.

Don't bother with the 25,000 KO skills (other than on the Master Sword) unless you really like to grind and have an empty slot you just can't fill. The damage increase from them is almost worthless.