As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Payday 2] Ron Perlman joins the crew! THE BIKER PACK available now!

1363738394042»

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    So for anyone that still pays attention to this, today was the day that they add stat/team boost weapon mods to the card drops, as well as making them available through the new monthly side jobs.

Additionally, another achievement-locked safe/drill, which involves doing Overkill Framing Frame with no skills, the platypus, the judge, heavy ballistic vest, and you have to actually use your armor bag deployable, so no grinder. The monthly side job is a similar affair, but with firestarter and a different set of weapons.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Though it would've been very helpful to actually state that you will not succeed the achi, nor the monthly, if not explicitly using the armor bag all three days of either heist.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Though it would've been very helpful to actually state that you will not succeed the achi, nor the monthly, if not explicitly using the armor bag all three days of either heist.

Amusingly, it looks like all the people that don't know how to not grinder bitched about the new stuff, so overkill changed them to suits instead of HBV.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • Options
    Bringing back a dead thread (on a double post no less), but I figure this may actually be news halfway worth sharing.

Overkill has apparently managed to reclaim the rights to their game from Starbreeze, and they have celebrated their full ownership of the game by making all safes going forward free to open. Safes from before the update still require drills, but will no longer drop at the post-heist card draw.

Also the skill overhaul beta is no longer beta, and man is it fun being able to techdozer without it taking literally all of your skillpoints.

• Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Bringing back a dead thread (on a double post no less), but I figure this may actually be news halfway worth sharing.

Overkill has apparently managed to reclaim the rights to their game from Starbreeze, and they have celebrated their full ownership of the game by making all safes going forward free to open. Safes from before the update still require drills, but will no longer drop at the post-heist card draw.

Also the skill overhaul beta is no longer beta, and man is it fun being able to techdozer without it taking literally all of your skillpoints.

Well shit, that's a pretty solid piece of news. Congrats to Overkill.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular

The articles I'm seeing are telling something different. They're stating that Starbreeze sold about $30 million in company shares to get complete rights to Payday from 505 Games. That kinda leads me to believe that 505 were the guys pushing for the microtransactions, even though folks like Almir Listo were jumping on the bandwagon at first.

I'm hoping this means that the greedy side of the debacle was on 505's side, and both Overkill and Starbreeze won't ever think to try those kind of shenanigans again going forward.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Reinstalled this the other day, level 65, lots of nice changes to the game since I played it last (Infamy level were just added when I did)
    Still terrible at it... and since I hate pugs and never have a group I can play with I am reminded why I didn't play much solo. Useless bots, and unless you know the game inside and out along with maps you are kinda shit outta luck. Would love payday 3 to make the game a little more friendly to the solo player (which I guess if you are good and know what you are doing the game already is ...)

personally I would like to see bots that dont suck ass, will pickup loot and help with objectives.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    On the times I would just do bank runs with my brother he would turn off the bots and with our skills take down the bank on overkill and chain the bags to the van
    Still I do miss playing with people since they gave up on the game back when the safe silliness started

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvJaX70QwzM

I... might reinstall Payday 2 for this.

• Options
    The biker has landed, 2.2 GB patch.

• Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    Okay, seriously, I'm going to reinstall. That trailer is just too good.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    So, since the skill overhaul and the changes to weapon damage stats, is Silent Killer the objectively best way to run a gun now?

The percentage based means it shines on the 80 base damage and DMR kits. 215 damage M308?!

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I started playing again during the freeweek, and the skill refurbishing is amazing! So goddamn much stuff one has been asking for, for years. :)
    Interesting new power ranking among perks too. Crook, which has been dead since like it came out, is a goddamn powerhouse now! More armor than CTV with the LBV, 30% doge, and some Grindr light with Hostage Taker! :mrgreen:

That the game itself and the heisting always were pretty good really came alive with playing with newbloods in the freeweek. It was comfy just playing around on OVK and not have the usual grognard-veterans go ballistic as soon anyone deviates from the "way its supposed to be done".
    Edit: Oh, and quite a few new heists since last time I played! It was nice having fellow newbies in the team when doing those for the first time. :)

Panda4You on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Crimefest starts on Friday. It's sure to be better than the last one (...right?). They have been attempting to win back the community, and it would certainly be hard to be worse than last year (opening with microtransactions and ending with jump animations and troll masks).

Also, apparently you can get a code for a party hat mask to celebrate?

Safehouse Customization in a brand new safehouse is basically confirmed for Friday. The game will also be free-to-play for the duration of the event (and likely have a big sale as well).

Also, if you have the game installed you may have noticed that it updated with like 130 new achievements (sucks for completionists that already had 100%).

This is apparently because they are adding two new difficulties to the game. Mayhem will be between Overkill & Deathwish, while "One Down" will be the new difficulty beyond Deathwish. Each difficulty added a new achievement for every heist, plus achievements for getting them all which award new skull masks.

Oddly, they also seem to have abolished Pro Jobs as all achievements for Pro Jobs have vanished and "Bank Heist: Pro Job" got renamed "Bank Heist: Random."

It also wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to see (at least) two more Classic Heists make the transition to this game. It's known that they were working on them, and they recently released the Chains safe (and both the Dallas safe and Wolf safe were released alongside a pair of Classic heists).

Beyond that--if prior Crimefests are any indication--we can probably expect new weapons and masks, a new character, and some quality-of-life upgrades. Perhaps the new Infamy system as well.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Oh, new difficulties that are even more difficult than Deathwish?

That's exactly what is enjoyable and what I wanted and what will bring me back to the game.

Wait, no, the opposite.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Xbox one version is updated HA HA

Yes this pleases me, one of five console heisters left!

But it's not all the way updated, nor is the skill tree up to date.

But still!

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Oh, new difficulties that are even more difficult than Deathwish?

That's exactly what is enjoyable and what I wanted and what will bring me back to the game.

Wait, no, the opposite.

One of the difficulties is below Deathwish, filling in that giant leap in difficulty between Overkill and Deathwish. The other difficulty is presumably to shut up the minority of players who hang out on the forums whining about Deathwish being too easy and too many scrubs getting the Deathwish skull.

I am curious what the new higher difficulty means for Stealth though. Some heists I don't really know what you would do to actually increase the difficulty in Stealth without making it near impossible and/or incredibly luck-based. Unless they are also overhauling stealth mechanics.

• Options
    Here's the event trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBMAYV5oUFU
    Featuring John Cleese.

Apparently they aren't even using the Crimefest name this time, and it's just Hoxton's Housewarming Party.

Also looks like they will be doing the daily updates after all instead of releasing everything at once.
    It just says "Heist" though, instead of "Heists" so perhaps we aren't getting two Classics after all? A new enemy and mutators, though.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Because of this event I reinstalled and it seems lots more has changed since the last time I played. I went ahead and picked up all the DLC I didn't already own since most of it is 75% off, and when I get home from work in about 10 hours I'll give it another whirl.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    The new Safehouse is in the game, along with a new currency based off of those coins from the John Wick movie.

Each of the 16 heisters has their own section in the new Safehouse and you can talk to them (except the character the host is currently playing as). Wolf seems to reuse parts of his pager lines and Jimmy only grunts at you, but the rest seem to have several lines (including specific dialogue for who you're playing as). What dialogue they have available also changes as you upgrade their area.

You can upgrade each of their areas twice (the common area and the vault can also be upgraded). Some of these have functions while others just seem to be cosmetic upgrades.

Here are the functions I know of:
    *John Wick's Area: Level 2 adds the shooting range and Level 3 adds the timed challenge area.

*Bonnie's Area: Level 2 adds the Slot Machine and Level 3 adds the Roulette table. You gamble with Offshore Money but win spendable cash, so this is a way to convert Offshore money to regular money.

*Sokol's Area: At some point you unlock his hockey minigame, not sure if it's Level 2 or 3.

*Sydney's Area: Each level increases the amount of masks on display.

*Chains' Area: At level 2 you get a weapon display, and at level 3 it displays more weapons.

*Clover's Area: At level 2 it adds the ability to look through the security cameras, and presumably level 3 adds more cameras.

There is also a new set of challenges called "Trophies" that will cause an item to be on display in your Safehouse once it's completed (usually a small thing, but some of them are things like the armor from Shadow Raid). Some of these are old achievements (and are not retroactively awarded if you already completed it) but others are new.

You can also toggle the van's paintjob in the garage if you own that Overkill DLC that gave you a new skin.

Completing any Trophy challenge gets you 6 of the new currency. A random heister in the Safehouse will also offer a daily quest that also gets you 6 coins. Level 2 upgrades cost 12 coins, and level 3 costs 24 coins. You can also randomly get a coin when you complete a heist, apparently.

Additionally, these coins can be used to purchase weapon mods (similar to Gage Coins from Goonmod if you've used that).

Lars on
  • Options
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Payday 2 VR is in Beta now. Just played Four Stores normal and Bank Heist (Cash) normal (you start at level one again in beta) With bots

Its pretty damn awesome being in VR and running through heists. You have a "belt" that you see when you look down allowing you to access items etc.

I was picking a lock with one hand (its a grip hold interaction) and shooting at police with the other. Very friendly for multitasking. Peeking around corners and sticking your gun out to fire a spray of bullets down the corridor is great. Movement controls at the moment are just teleport movement (slide style teleport) Targetting objects took a min to get use to, most VR titles you ahve to move your hands to actually grab things but this gives you some leeway. Aiming with the firearms is weird, I am use to VR games where you are actually aiming down ironsights and lining up shots like you would with a real firearm but this seems to have a bit of a weird autoaim... or at least a spread when you shoot.. still had no troubles taking down police just was a bit weird.

Reloading happens automatically if you run dry (a little timer cycles through while your gun goes through its animation (no phantom arms or anything the magazine pops out and a new one slides in)

Being downed plays out nicely, your point of view drops and sort of puts you into the floor with your head of course above it where you would be if you were downed.

Would love to see how this plays with other people but I dont really want to pub it with a bunch of chucklefucks.

Not sure if you need to have the VR beta to play with a VR person.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Bumping this back up, VR is out of beta and it looked like enough people were posting in the VR thread to have a full crew if any of the nonVR crowd is still interested enough in crime to join in.

• Options
    Ok I have tons of questions about the switch version of the game

I know it's behind the computer one.

What Heisters do you get? I have heard you still get Wick and Jacket but the info out for this version is really misleading or lacking
    I heard there is a limited time to get it to get Joy as a heister

Can I just play it with one other person in local play? and the same old dumb Ai if it gets hot?

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Bumping this back up, VR is out of beta and it looked like enough people were posting in the VR thread to have a full crew if any of the nonVR crowd is still interested enough in crime to join in.

I'm interested. I'm in Europe though so might not be feasible.

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Ok I have tons of questions about the switch version of the game

I know it's behind the computer one.

What Heisters do you get? I have heard you still get Wick and Jacket but the info out for this version is really misleading or lacking
    I heard there is a limited time to get it to get Joy as a heister

Can I just play it with one other person in local play? and the same old dumb Ai if it gets hot?

I think I heard that it's only missing the most recent heisters (ie. Scarface, Sangres, Duke, the annoying youtubers, and maybe one other).

Joy is permanent, she's just a timed exclusive to the Switch version, and then she'll be patched into the PC version.

I'm not sure how local play works. I do know that it doesn't have the greatly improved AI update that the PC version got a while back, though.

Supposedly a big patch is in the works for the Switch version to get it closer to the PC version.

• Options
    So the Spring Break event should be starting in the game sometime in the next few days.

Since they're probably adding a new heist or two, I figured I should go ahead and knock out the rest of my Death Sentence achievements (new name for the One Down difficulty since One Down is now a separate modifier).

The people I used to play with don't really play anymore, so I decided to run it solo with bots armed with R93s since I'd heard that was the best bot weapon.

The heists I had left were Alaskan Deal, Reservoir Dogs, and Brooklyn Bank.

I did Brookyln Bank first and had a little trouble. I went into custody twice, but I had the skill that let me instantly trade myself out the first time, and the second I just had to wait out the timer since bots can trade you back now. Overall I got through it without having to restart the heist.

I had an even easier time with Alaskan Deal and never even went into custody. I got super lucky on the gas pump placement though, and it's a pretty short heist anyways.

Reservoir Dogs was a pain though. Mostly the last day. That jewelry store really is a death trap. I used both of my medic bags plus the one placed with pre-planning and still went into custody at least half a dozen times. And that was on the successful run. The first time I tried it the bots all got wiped out while I was in custody because they were playing in the street where everything could shoot at them from all directions (including two turrets).

Still, it's actually kind of amazing that bots can essentially drag you through a heist on the highest difficulty now, if you're willing to be patient enough with the trade timer and they don't go eat a face full of turret while you're in custody.

• Options
    I caved and got the switch verison
    Now the last time I played was during the safe debacle. The skill tree is new and very different but at least I can play with Jacket!

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    So whatever the hell was updated or patched last in the PS4 version of this really screwed up the game. Over the last week I've ran into bags I pick up but can't throw, Cook Offs where it won't acknowledge me adding an ingredient, flashbangs lasting maybe 2-3 times as long as they should, the NPC walking being atrocious, someone spotting me across the street while kneeling and a concealment of 9, and just several odd crashes that have never happened before.

These glitches make some of the missions unplayable. I dropped the thermal drill to pick up a body during a bank heist, and the drill VANISHED. Things are just... odd, and I really want to play this with a buddy until TWD comes out, because it's one of those games that never gets that old for us. But if it gets too buggy to play missions or be fun, we may not have a choice.

wbee62u815wj.png