As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Digital Projection

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2014 in Camp Weedonwantcha

imageCamp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Digital Projection

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    BaltharonBaltharon Registered User new member
    The touch of rust on my salad fingers...
    is almost orgasmic...

• Options
    ReplicanttenReplicantten Registered User regular
    Survival of the fingerest. Nature and human have sometimes very different ways of taking count.

• Options
    FujitsuLifebookT904FujitsuLifebookT904 The Greatest Registered User regular
    The brilliant title is funnier than the (tired, old) joke and punchline

• Options
    JermsJerms Registered User regular
    The brilliant title is funnier than the (tired, old) joke and punchline
    Er... where are you from, that jokes about extra digits are so old and tired that it bears mention? I presume some swampy locale where "keeping it in the family" is either the tradition or the only option? :D

• Options
    VenarVenar Registered User regular
    Ah six fingers, I guess he grows up to write the journals... </gravity_falls_reference>

• Options
    Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    I've never seen this joke before. Weird comment FUJITSU.

• Options
    RaveBombRaveBomb Registered User regular
    Tough kitty today. :)

I'm off to pirate more music, steal software, and knock down little old ladies, then later I'm going to cover my self in Yak's blood, and lay in a pentagram, while reading some Marxist literature and praying to a heathen god.

tata
  • Options
    LieutenantDanLieutenantDan Registered User regular
    I feel like "LOL" is a dumb comment, but that's all I want to say: LOL.

• Options
    FourthNailFourthNail Registered User new member
    I am looking for a six fingered man... he killed my father.

• Options
    Shark.FighterShark.Fighter Registered User regular
    funny and sad.. reminds me of how normal people don't like someone to be *too good at something. once you are extremely good at something, the praise then turns to 'has too much time on his hands'(no pun intended), or come up with reasons why that person has an advantage, or otherwise try to tear down the person with a natural gift or talent, or who otherwise put in massive amounts of time to develop a skill. they can accept someone who is slightly better than them, but not someone who is extraordinarily better. /rantover

• Options
    JackJack Registered User regular
    After the first panel I was expecting a very different strip.

• Options
    0zymand1us0zymand1us Registered User regular
    It is all fun and games until Fingers McChokesalot gets pushed too far...

• Options
    Something_SinisterSomething_Sinister Registered User regular
    ooooooooh, I get it now! "digital" as in "digits" as in Fingers. damn, that took me eight hours to get.

• Options
    SowZ37SowZ37 Registered User regular
    I presume Fujitsu refers to the, "Set up expectation, invert expectation, then return to the original expectation," style of the joke. Which seems an odd thing to criticize. It isn't a tired joke so much as one of many ways to structure jokes. Unless Fujitsu literally means, "Shadow puppets that are more realistic than they should be." And I still think that's odd to criticize, because that isn't a joke. Just, like, a tool you can use within a joke. It all depends on execution. And this was executed pretty well.

• Options
    JortalusJortalus Registered User regular
    One of these days, the comic will be a really long GIF that turns into a terrifying screamer-type image. It will sure scare the hell out of people searching for the cat.

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I really was expecting it to cut away to a slavering wolf.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    wormspeakerwormspeaker Objectively Terrible Registered User regular
    Does it still count as a hidden kitty if you need to use photoshop to alter the contrast in order to see it?

• Options
    masomaso Registered User new member
    ...Well it IS an unfair advantage.

• Options
    MrSammichMrSammich Registered User regular
    That was actually a pretty good set-up, I think most of us can say we where expecting another mountain lion situation, but ya got us Katie!

• Options
    Spman2099Spman2099 Registered User regular
    Fujitsu, could you please provide an example of this joke being used anywhere else? Are you conflating the joke itself with trappings of the joke? If your primary problem is that shadow puppets have been used in jokes before then I can't say that I find your criticism to be particularly compelling.

• Options
    J. D. MilknutJ. D. Milknut Lord of Chipmunks Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    This kid's existence is kind of dark when you consider that his extra digits were probably why he was abandoned...

gekm71tpnnd5.gif
  • Options
    MikhandreiMikhandrei Registered User regular
    Dude, long-sleeve-mode Malachi w/ short hair and sweater-mode Seventeen look totally kickass.

C-can they stay looking this awesome forever?

• Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    HA great comic Katie, nice twist on the old joke and extra fingers guy is... Really quite creepy!

Also totally expected shadow kitty, was glad you outthunk me.

• Options
    tinwatchmantinwatchman Registered User regular
    "C'mon, guys! What's the point of being seen a freak all my days if I can't have THIS?"

• Options
    I AM TRULY AMAZING!!!!I AM TRULY AMAZING!!!! Registered User regular
    Milachi's haird is growing, yay!!!

• Options
    XaosandHavocXaosandHavoc Registered User new member
    edited October 2015
    Does it still count as a hidden kitty if you need to use photoshop to alter the contrast in order to see it?

Normal color vision has it's limitations I guess, kind of makes me glad that I have perfect color vision instead.

XaosandHavoc on
  • Options
    petrepanpetrepan Registered User new member
    @xaosandhavoc I think most of us could see it without altering the contrast. (I could) I'm not sure there's such a thing as magical "perfect color vision".

• Options
    Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    Poor extra handed dude. He looks like a Dr. Seuss character.....the color palette especially helps in that department.

• Options
    piggystewpiggystew Registered User regular
    I like how the dog shadows even had their own expressions for the better dog shadow.