As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Friday, October 24, 2014 - Child’s Play Strip: Megacynics

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PA Comic] Friday, October 24, 2014 - Child’s Play Strip: Megacynics

Child’s Play Strip: Megacynics

Child’s Play Strip: Megacynics

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/10/24

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    ReplicanttenReplicantten Registered User regular
    High praise of superficiality.

All too human.

• Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Comradebot was warned for this.
    Removed. Apology below.

Comradebot on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Sometimes these Child's Play strips feel pretty forced. The logo doesn't help. I'm glad we made it all of two posts into this thread before people starting creeping out on a real life human being, though. That might be a record on the Internet.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    megacynics website wanged in 3...2....1...

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    The megacynics comic looks pretty good too.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DoraukoDorauko Awesome OhioRegistered User regular
    Good comic for a great cause.

• Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I dunno..I thought the comic was pretty cute for what it was, and it's always nice to see Mike & Jerry promoting their fellow creators.

@ COMRADEBOT Don't be a creep.

ziddersroofurry on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I'd say this is actually one of the better Child's Play strips, seeing as at least a couple of the previous ones have literally just been about how Mike and Jerry forgot to do them. Plus the strips that play off Mike and Jerry's artist/writer dynamic are always amusing to me.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Preening and sulking...hehe. Very nice!

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Sometimes these Child's Play strips feel pretty forced.

It's big of you to point out that out, thank you. I'll see if we can do something about getting the money back from the hospitals.

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    Managing artists = herding cats.

• Options
    OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    There's a lot of big charity stuff going on today. Twitch has a handful of streams going, as well. It's always so astonishing how successful the charity streams are. I effing love it. It becomes a donate-off among anons.

I might be woefully out of the loop but have Mike and Jerry done a charity twitch stream before?

Sometimes these Child's Play strips feel pretty forced. The logo doesn't help. I'm glad we made it all of two posts into this thread before people starting creeping out on a real life human being, though. That might be a record on the Internet.

Literally zero value in this post, whatsoever.

• Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Er, wait, she's... she's a real person?

I, uh... I didn't know that. Literally zero idea. Heck, didn't even notice the Child's Play bit in the title.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'll go sulk in the corner, maybe see if that's where I left that piece of my soul I just inadvertently cleaved off. And if Ash reads this, I sincerely apologize and I'll remove the comment.

Sincerely,
    Some poor sap who legitimately didn't know he was making an immature comment about a real living, breathing human being

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    This strip brought to you in glorious DENGLERVISION!

DENGLERVISION: Bringing you more p's than the XBox One.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    @Comradebot it was an honest mistake and I'm sure no one will hold it against you.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Child's Play strips are great, if only for that episode of PATV where the week before the auction Mike asks "did we do the charity strip from last year yet?" and Jerry is all "...no."

First time I think they've actually stuck the logo and a thanks mark on it tho?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    I feel I'm reading that last panel wrong.
    I see two avenues of depiction in Tycho's mannerism:
    The first being that he's trying to correct his previous comment about "pawing in the earth".
    The second being that he's completely oblivious and, with the way "art" was bolded and italicized, it was alluding that artists sculpt poop. Poop men.

I assume the first one is what they wanted to present, but having a history of Tycho's and Gabe's oblivious natures, the second one feels more natural.
    Hell, I know I've shoved my foot further in my mouth without realizing it after I've already managed to stick it in there with a previous comment.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Man I am just absolutely in love with panel two of this comic.

It's just perfect, Tycho's expression and his hands and "preening and sulking" and just...

It's just splendid.