As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Constantine] Not the Keanu Reeves Movie, We Swear

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Is it possible that Manny is just
    lying in order to protect Jon? Because I don't want him to be a bad guy. His interactions with Zed are kind of nice and I'd prefer they keep that aspect as the one ray of sunshine in the series.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    lying in order to protect Jon? Because I don't want him to be a bad guy. His interactions with Zed are kind of nice and I'd prefer they keep that aspect as the one ray of sunshine in the series.

I got that impression, too.
    I mean, if Manny were just fucking with Papa Midnite, how would Papa know? I mean, I hesitate to imagine what kind of strings featherboys like Manny could pull to support his ruse.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

I got that impression, too.
    I mean, if Manny were just fucking with Papa Midnite, how would Papa know? I mean, I hesitate to imagine what kind of strings featherboys like Manny could pull to support his ruse.
    I thought Manny had said at some point that angels couldn't lie. Granted, if I was going to lie to someone for a long con, that'd be the first lie I'd tell them, but...

If the Brujería are working for Manny, I'd guess that they put the bounty out without Manny's approval. Jon's screwed up enough of their plans to have been noticed, and somebody there decided to take some initiative.
    Turns out, Manny has plans for Jon that require him to be alive.
    Of course, that would mean we have to ask why Manny's apparently playing chess against himself with Jon on one side and the Brujería on the other. The most obvious answer (I think) is to keep all eyes on the title match: Jon v. Brujería, while Manny's working a bigger game and escaping scrutiny by diverting attention with the nebulous "Rising Darkness" threat.

Not that any of this matters really, at least until there's an order put in for a season 2. Just a bunch of people talking about what could have been. Little better than fan fiction.
    Personally, unless the show's picked up for a second season, I think I'm going to ignore the last bit of that episode. Leave it with Jon, Chas, Zed and Manny having a shred of hope that they'd be able to make a difference and Midnight going to jail (where I'm sure he won't do any creepy voodoo shit while the guards aren't paying attention).

• Options
    pawa24pawa24 Registered User regular
    So was this the season/possible series finale?

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    There was sure as check a lot of smoking this episode. I guess if you're going to go out you may as well do it with a bang.

"Every time I light up I have the surgeon general harping on about bloody lung cancer and look at me, fit as a fiddle."

If nothing else, it's a nice shout-out to the Dangerous Habits story arc from comics.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    pawa24 wrote: »
    Season? yes.
    Series? probably. At least they haven't announced a second season, and generally if a second season hasn't been announced by the time the first season is ending, a second season doesn't get announced.

• Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    pawa24 wrote: »
    Season? yes.
    Series? probably. At least they haven't announced a second season, and generally if a second season hasn't been announced by the time the first season is ending, a second season doesn't get announced.

But that generality has been in effect since before parties like Netflix started producing their own shows, so here's hoping they (or someone similar) nab it once it's officially 'not renewed'.

We Stand Ready
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I think it's up in the air right now. There's probably a bit of a fight between the executives who want straight up profit from a show and the executives who are going "wait the critics love this this could be a thing"

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Fox just ordered a pilot for "Lucifer" based off of the DC character.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So some rumors and stuff floating around.

The showrunners did a presentation to NBC last week or so. It went well.

NBC says that they will make the final announcement next Monday.

A second season is still possible. Start your sacrifices now!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Officially cancelled by NBC.

Standard reports of it being shopped around to other networks.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Officially cancelled by NBC.

Standard reports of it being shopped around to other networks.

:(

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I don't even know why it was on NBC in the first place. Give it to Netflix.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Welp.

Not quite a Firefly or Better off Ted for me, but I think I'll add Constantine to my List.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »
    I don't even know why it was on NBC in the first place. Give it to Netflix.

Yes, I like this plan.

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    It is a cruel world where Constantine is cancelled and yet Gotham lives on.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Showrunners have been vocal about getting it on SyFy and rebranding it as Hellblazer (yes please)

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Put dat shit on Netflix.

I was excited for a supernatural/monster hunter show that was not Supernatural post-Season 5.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    Showrunners have been vocal about getting it on SyFy and rebranding it as Hellblazer (yes please)

Might be a good place for it, AFAIK their biggest ratings uptick was right after they showed the first four episodes on Syfy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Zavian wrote: »

Might be a good place for it, AFAIK their biggest ratings uptick was right after they showed the first four episodes on Syfy.

There haven't been any interest so far from Syfy's end IIRC. That's why I'm skeptical that's going to happen.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    The silence was troubling :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LostNinja wrote: »
    But would he guest star as Arrow? Or maybe just show up as a salmon laddering hell beast?

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    LostNinja wrote: »
    But would he guest star as Arrow? Or maybe just show up as a salmon laddering hell beast?

He'll show up in a Power Rangers salmon suit with a ladder bolted on.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Looks like just as Constantine gets cancelled, another sorta DC show gets announced. (not really sure where else to post this anyway)

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/05/08/breaking-news-lucifer-greenlit-by-fox

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    Looks like just as Constantine gets cancelled, another sorta DC show gets announced. (not really sure where else to post this anyway)

Yeah.

But then, they decided to change it into a police procedural.

Because the public was just clamoring for Law and Order: Satanic Victims Unit or something.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    When you think about it, isn't everything a police procedural on some level.

Just sometimes they aren't police and there are no procedures to follow

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    MrAnthropy wrote: »

Yeah.

Because the public was just clamoring for Law and Order: Satanic Victims Unit or something.

Wait does that mean no club?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Yeah.

No club. And Lucifer apparently helps the cops solve crimes. :?

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Not that it makes it any better, but I somehow doubt they would have been able to successfully adapt the graphic novel storylines to network tv.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Lucifer could be like Hannibal

• Options
    If Constantine couldn't make it on network TV, no way Lucifer works.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular

Yeah.

What? Who on earth thought this is a good idea? I mean even putting aside the source material who hears "The devil fighting crime" and thinks "yeah this is a good idea".

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Road Block wrote: »

Yeah.

What? Who on earth thought this is a good idea? I mean even putting aside the source material who hears "The devil fighting crime" and thinks "yeah this is a good idea".

A show with an unrepentant serial killer as its main character doesn't sound like the best idea, but I liked Dexter.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Actually the Devil is the best person to fight crime. Somebody's gotta get these amateurs off the damn street. They're stinking up the place.

• Options
    In news that will surprise no-one...

ONE MILLION MOMS Launch Petition To Stop FOX's LUCIFER
    Newsarama wrote:
    One Million Moms has launched a petition asking Fox to cancel their planned spring 2016 television series Lucifer. The show, based on the DC/Vertigo series of the same name, focuses on the biblical demon as he leaves Hell to live in Los Angeles in what One Million Moms describes will " glorify Satan as a caring, likeable person in human flesh."

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    In news that will surprise no-one...

ONE MILLION MOMS Launch Petition To Stop FOX's LUCIFER
    Newsarama wrote:
    One Million Moms has launched a petition asking Fox to cancel their planned spring 2016 television series Lucifer. The show, based on the DC/Vertigo series of the same name, focuses on the biblical demon as he leaves Hell to live in Los Angeles in what One Million Moms describes will " glorify Satan as a caring, likeable person in human flesh."

Exactly what is the membership of "One Million Moms" comprised of? They only have 71,000 "Likes" on Facebook. Are 929,000 of the moms opposed to the immorality of Facebook, as well as gay people and things that imply sex ever happening?

• Options
    edited August 2015
    CONSTANTINE Returns, Joins DC-TV Universe In ARROW Season 4
    newsarama wrote:
    The CW has officially confirmed that Matt Ryan will reprise his role as John Constantine from the recently cancelled Constantine TV series in the upcoming season of Arrow. The announcement comes after months of professed interest from parties on both shows, including its actors and showrunners. Ryan will appear in the fifth episode of Arrow season 4, entitled "Haunted".

It'd be cool if the end result of this is a Hellblazer show on The CW.

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Just give me Constantine back.

Please.

• Options
    Not gonna happen, Doc. I'd say that Matt Ryan showing up in character on another show, on another network, is the last nail in the coffin for Constantine.

kyrcl.png