As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Agents of SHIELD] Age of Inhumans

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I remember Joss Whedon being pretty famous for having the cast over for dinner and them reading shakespear and singing musicals for fun, which is what led to things like "Once more with feeling" episode of Buffy, and the "Much Ado About Nothing" movie. I could see his sibling doing much the same with the AOS crew.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

I have watched this at least 10 times.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Marvel's Agents of Friendship IMO.
    I wonder what everyone's cutie marks would be.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Deleted.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

I know what Skye's would be.
    Daisy111080783941.jpg
    Or maybe:
    tremor.jpg

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

Daisy111080783941.jpg
    Or maybe:
    tremor.jpg

So...
    A daisy growing out of cracked pavement?

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »

Daisy111080783941.jpg
    Or maybe:
    tremor.jpg

So...
    A daisy growing out of cracked pavement?

flower-tree-growing-concrete-pavement-101.jpg

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    tumblr_nkll2ivtYC1so8xfgo1_1280.jpg

I really really dislike the whole "pretty woman with a miniscule cut on her face so you know she's been through some shit" advertising technique. Actually, if I'm being honest, 80% of AoS's marketing is pretty bad. The trailers have made it to the front page of reddit because of how cliche and laughable they are. That ten-second ad with FitzSimmons is enjoyable because of the charisma of the actors, and I like that other poster that's been circulating lately because creepy Raina is an intriguing image, but on the whole, AoS's marketing team does a pretty lousy job at selling a great show.

end rant.

Ravenhpltc24 on
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    WHY ARE THEY ON LARRY KING. Like, this is funny and stuff and they're all smart young actors, but c'mon. Put them on almost any other talk show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmTz5z3IcyY

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Get those people on The Daily Show stat!

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    yes

skimmons inc

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Delmain on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular

I really really dislike the whole "pretty woman with a miniscule cut on her face so you know she's been through some shit" advertising technique. Actually, if I'm being honest, 80% of AoS's marketing is pretty bad. The trailers have made it to the front page of reddit because of how cliche and laughable they are. That ten-second ad with FitzSimmons is enjoyable because of the charisma of the actors, and I like that other poster that's been circulating lately because creepy Raina is an intriguing image, but on the whole, AoS's marketing team does a pretty lousy job at selling a great show.

end rant.

The comic cover art advertisements they did are amazing and I hope they keep doing them.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    So I just rewatched the last episode before the break, and man
    I still feel kinda bad Cal lost his chance for revenge.

Also the moment Skye shoots Ward is great. He is so shocked she shot him instead of being his damsel in distress.

The way Ward and Cal treat her reminded me of how Peggy was treated in Agent Carter, just the whole casual disregard for her autonomy. And they both think they're the Good Guy as they do it because they're going to help her by gum, regardless of what she has to say on the matter. That's a good litmus test for assholes right there.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

end rant.

It isn't an image done for the advertising, it's a screen grab from her busting out of her cocoon.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    So I just rewatched the last episode before the break, and man
    I still feel kinda bad Cal lost his chance for revenge.

Also the moment Skye shoots Ward is great. He is so shocked she shot him instead of being his damsel in distress.

The way Ward and Cal treat her reminded me of how Peggy was treated in Agent Carter, just the whole casual disregard for her autonomy. And they both think they're the Good Guy as they do it because they're going to help her by gum, regardless of what she has to say on the matter. That's a good litmus test for assholes right there.
    I really, really liked that! I felt terrible for him, and then felt terrible that I was sad a guy didn't get to murder another guy. It's cool that he didn't get closure.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

I'm not sure if this will change my normal habit of watching the show on my iPad at the front of the bus with the volume turned up.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

I'm not sure if this will change my normal habit of watching the show on my iPad at the front of the bus with the volume turned up.

The ladies seem to be in a good mood today.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    The clear implication is that her sex tape is with Ann Coulter.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    The clear implication is that her sex tape is with Ann Coulter.

Orrr it's in a Subaru Legacy and shows off a great deal of interior space?

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I am pleased that Ming Na Wen is more popular than both Ann Coulter and type 2 diabetes.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Oh Fitz..
    *gets misty*

Xantomas on
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Yikes, Hydra
    Boom! Headshot.

Also, next week
    I did not expect the Sif episode to be so soon. They are not wasting any time with this half of the season.

Cururu on
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    Cururu wrote: »
    Yikes, Hydra
    Boom! Headshot.

So...
    Strucker is all that's left? I don't expect much more from Hydra at this point, and for it to be done entirely at Age of Ultron. It sets the season up to focus on Inhumans, the Bobbi/Mac conspiracy (please don't be evil, please don't be evil...), and whatever the hell happened to Ward and Agent 33.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Yikes, Hydra
    Boom! Headshot.

So...
    Strucker is all that's left? I don't expect much more from Hydra at this point, and for it to be done entirely at Age of Ultron. It sets the season up to focus on Inhumans, the Bobbi/Mac conspiracy (please don't be evil, please don't be evil...), and whatever the hell happened to Ward and Agent 33.
    It's nice to have a break from HYDRA. They've been the main threat for two seasons, don't need to outlive their welcome. The nice thing about HYDRA is that they can come back in any form. They're like a virus. They've been destroyed utterly before and come back as strong as ever.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Yikes, Hydra
    Boom! Headshot.

So...

My guess.
    Maria Hill is having Bobbi/Mac keep an eye on SHIELD for Tony now that she works for him to make sure nothing super bad happens. Mac/Bobbi could just be legit checking security to report to Hill that everything is good and no one is sloppy.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Yikes, Hydra
    Boom! Headshot.

So...
    The council specifically mentioned that they represented a region, so Hydra is probably alive and well in other regions. Strucker's group was just a grouping of cells, it seems.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Hrm... one thing did kind of bug me.
    I felt like they went a little over-the-top with everyone talking about how awful it would be if Skye was affected by the gas like Raina. There were like three separate conversations made in earshot of Skye where they were like "listen man, whatever this stuff we know nothing about is, it's gotta be worse than Satan so let's make sure we get rid of whatever's left." I know it killed Trip, but that's the sort of thing you don't discuss when the potentially infected person can listen in. It just kind of broke my suspension of disbelief that they're all talking about how horrible this is only when they're right in front of Skye.

I liked everything else, though.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Yikes, Hydra
    Boom! Headshot.

So...

My guess for that second one:
    They're working for Fury with his post-Winter Soldier/Fall of SHIELD project

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Like let me break down why I think this episode was so awesome.
    1) We are presented with an argument at the beginning of the episode in the form of Raina: terragenesis is bad. Terragenesis is painful. Terragenesis makes you inhuman.
    2) The loss of Tripp is effecting everyone. Some folk are not handling it well. They want to lash out at something, hurt someone else like they've been hurt. Coulson channels it positively: let's go kill all of Hydra. Simmons and Mack are channeling it negatively: alien (inhuman) shit should be destroyed.
    3) Mack is recovering from being mindjacked. Fitz can relate. Honestly. And shows compassion.
    4) "Remember Hydra? Fuck those guys, they dead now." -Coulson
    4a) Seriously, that's a huge deal: our heroes are prepared, they set us up with humor and drama, and they go in and kick ass. They wrap up a plot thread, and the rest of the episode looks like it's setting up a new one: the team v. DaisySkye.
    5) Fitz knows. DaisySkye knows he knows. The shit is about to happen.
    6) May shows up, the person who can kill Skye. Simmons is there, the person who wants to kill Skye. Then Fitz arrives, the person who can give motive to Ms. Means and Ms. Opportunity. And he lies to them.
    7) ...in order to bring the episode full circle, Fitz show compassion.

Seriously, man, that was so fucking rad. Theme, content, actors, direction, shit was all on point.

Next week's episode is directed by Roxann Dawson, the lady who played B'Elanna Torres on Star Trek: Voyage. Why does that matter? Doesn't, just found it interesting.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Loved it.
    Thought it was a ruse that Coulson and May were pulling on Bakshi. They's too competent to talk like that around a prisoner like him in transport to Talbot.

I liked how SHIELD tricked Bakshi into murdering the other HYDRA leaders. Well played.

Poor Skye. So messed up by what happened. Understandable. Can't wait to see Cal 'guide' her. Glad Fitz was there to understand and accept her for what she's become.

Simmons has lost the plot. Goddamn.

Raina's reaction was both ironic and sad. I was glad when the teleporter picked her up, girl needs some love. She didn't look nearly as horrifying as I thought she would. Cal was cold as hell to her. Have a heart, guy. What a dick.

HYDRA wasn't completely destroyed, the HYDRA leaders mentioned the Baroness - Madame HYDRA? Oh yeah. This also takes place before AoU so Strucker is alive and kicking.

Loved the Inhuman sequences. Very X-men and not bad special effects for a tv show with the Nightcrawler dude.

@jdarksun
    Agreed. It's too convenient for May to show up after Fitz freaked with Skye. She must know about her too and told him this needs to be a secret. She'd probably reluctantly killed Skye if she felt she was a threat.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Hrm... one thing did kind of bug me.
    I felt like they went a little over-the-top with everyone talking about how awful it would be if Skye was affected by the gas like Raina. There were like three separate conversations made in earshot of Skye where they were like "listen man, whatever this stuff we know nothing about is, it's gotta be worse than Satan so let's make sure we get rid of whatever's left." I know it killed Trip, but that's the sort of thing you don't discuss when the potentially infected person can listen in. It just kind of broke my suspension of disbelief that they're all talking about how horrible this is only when they're right in front of Skye.

I liked everything else, though.
    Yeah, it seemed a little forced. Simmons in particular seemed a bit out of character. They did a decent job trying to justify the turn, but it still didn't feel quite right.

Still a great episode, though.

• Options
    Loved it.
    Thought it was a ruse that Coulson and May were pulling on Bakshi. They's too competent to talk like that around a prisoner like him in transport to Talbot.

I liked how SHIELD tricked Bakshi into murdering the other HYDRA leaders. Well played.

Poor Skye. So messed up by what happened. Understandable. Can't wait to see Cal 'guide' her. Glad Fitz was there to understand and accept her for what she's become.

Raina's reaction was both ironic and sad. I was glad when the teleporter picked her up, girl needs some love. She didn't look nearly as horrifying as I thought she would. Cal was cold as hell to her. Have a heart, guy. What a dick.

HYDRA wasn't completely destroyed, the HYDRA leaders mentioned the Baroness - Madame HYDRA? Oh yeah. This also takes place before AoU so Strucker is alive and kicking.

Loved the Inhuman sequences. Very X-men and not bad special effects for a tv show with the Nightcrawler dude.

@jdarksun
    Agreed. It's too convenient for May to show up after Fitz freaked with Skye. She must know about her too and told him this needs to be a secret. She'd probably reluctantly killed Skye if she felt she was a threat.

I think that
    Baroness was the one woman at the meeting; she was refered to in the same context as the Banker and the Sheikh, so guessing that was her code name

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Lanz wrote: »
    Loved it.

@jdarksun

I think that
    Baroness was the one woman at the meeting; she was refered to in the same context as the Banker and the Sheikh, so guessing that was her code name
    Nah, she was there when they mentioned the Baroness IIRC.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Loved it.

@jdarksun

I think that

Huh
    with that in mind just did a check; looks like there is a Baroness in 616
    http://marvel.com/universe/Baroness_(Heike_Zemo)

Maybe this one will be an MCU incarnation?

EDIT: also apparently another character who uses the name too: http://marvel.wikia.com/Lily_Cromwell_(Earth-616)

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Loved it.

@jdarksun

I think that

Huh
    with that in mind just did a check; looks like there is a Baroness in 616
    http://marvel.com/universe/Baroness_(Heike_Zemo)

Maybe this one will be an MCU incarnation?
    Viper in Wolverine was alright. I'm gonna enjoy seeing what Marvel does with her.

Wow. I've read comics for years and didn't know about that Madame HYDRA. With that name this is who I think of

char_24320.jpg

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Hadn't expected Simmons to be the human supremacist.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    WHY ARE THEY ON LARRY KING. Like, this is funny and stuff and they're all smart young actors, but c'mon. Put them on almost any other talk show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmTz5z3IcyY

Larry King did go to high school with Uatu.

This discussion has been closed.