As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Agents of SHIELD] Age of Inhumans

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Watched this last night. Fantastic. Ward has become such an interesting character, but he's becoming less and less redeemable.

The parts toward the end with Skye's mother was gross and I would have rather they implied rather than showed the testing. Blech I say!

i crossed the ward is irredeemable point when he threw fitzsimmons into the ocean

he is still a very compelling to watch villain, though

Spike from Buffy did worse than that and got redeemed.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Watched this last night. Fantastic. Ward has become such an interesting character, but he's becoming less and less redeemable.

The parts toward the end with Skye's mother was gross and I would have rather they implied rather than showed the testing. Blech I say!

i crossed the ward is irredeemable point when he threw fitzsimmons into the ocean

So you're saying Ward needs a chip in his head or a soul?

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

I love how he tried to reason that as "giving them a chance" because he didn't want to kill them. I mean, really, they should be thanking him! He could have just shot them both! Cut the guy a break!

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

So you're saying Ward needs a chip in his head or a soul?

Yes. He also needs a blonde homicidal valley girl sidekick.

• Options

I love how he tried to reason that as "giving them a chance" because he didn't want to kill them. I mean, really, they should be thanking him! He could have just shot them both! Cut the guy a break!

You know, I imagine in his warped mind that makes sense. Of course when you apply real world logic that goes out the window.

• Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Joss was usually pretty good about redemption arcs. Buffy/Angel spoilers:
    Spike, as mentioned, was explicitly shown at the end of season 6 to still be an evil asshole, even if he'd spent several season prior as a lovable one. It wasn't until he got his soul back that he was allowed to truly redeem himself.

Lindsay toyed with the possibility of redemption on Angel, but in the end, couldn't meaningfully change himself, which is why Angel had him killed.

Faith is probably the closest to Ward as a conflicted bad guy who murdered people in cold blood and then turned good afterward. And there, at least, she acknowledged that wanting to be good didn't mean her crimes disappeared, which is why she turned herself in. And while Angel was willing to forgive what she'd done, the others weren't exactly "oh cool, you're good now, let's hang out like old times".

I'm hoping that Jed and Marissa will follow in his footsteps, rather than having Ward do some good deeds and then try to sweep his past under the rug.

Cantide on
  • Options
    Cantide wrote: »
    Spike, as mentioned, was explicitly shown at the end of season 6 to still be an evil asshole, even if he'd spent several season prior as a lovable one. It wasn't until he got his soul back that he was allowed to truly redeem himself.

Lindsay toyed with the possibility of redemption on Angel, but in the end, couldn't meaningfully change himself, which is why Angel had him killed.

Faith is probably the closest to Ward as a conflicted bad guy who murdered people in cold blood and then turned good afterward. And there, at least, she acknowledged that wanting to be good didn't mean her crimes disappeared, which is why she turned herself in. And while Angel was willing to forgive what she'd done, the others weren't exactly "oh cool, you're good now, let's hang out like old times".

I'm hoping that Jed and Marissa will follow in his footsteps, rather than having Ward do some good deeds and then try to sweep his past under the rug.

Global amnesia

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Quical wrote: »
    We still have Ward's younger brother to look out for right? Or did i miss something?

Do we?
    He killed Christian off screen, according to the news. And the other brother drowned in the well. No mo' brothers, right?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    We still have Ward's younger brother to look out for right? Or did i miss something?

Do we?
    He killed Christian off screen, according to the news. And the other brother drowned in the well. No mo' brothers, right?
    The younger brother didn't die in the well.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Wash wrote: »

Do we?
    The younger brother didn't die in the well.

Dun dun duuuun!

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

I want to say Ward also mentioned a sister during the lie detector test last season

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

I want to say Ward also mentioned a sister during the lie detector test last season

first thing that came to mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orv7eJnBgXc

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Cantide wrote: »

They can do it. Dollhouse had many characters that were redeemed, and while not as terrible as Spike they were pretty damn ethical corrupt.
    Topher, DeWitt, Dominic and Bennett Halverson.
    Have faith, they know what they're doing. They were great on Spartacus too.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Simmons wont allow Ward to try and "redeem" himself. So he's just out of luck. Unless Simmons is a liar. But she's a terrible liar, so.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Simmons wont allow Ward to try and "redeem" himself. So he's just out of luck. Unless Simmons is a liar.

Simmons needs to get in line to kill him.
    But she's a terrible liar, so.

Not anymore.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Simmons is still
    I suspect quietly freaking out about being brainwashed. Or is brainwashed. Either way she always seems to be bring it up.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Nah. It's Bobby if it's anyone.

And Simmons wasn't exactly stellar undercover, she had some plot armor help there.

• Options
    What happened with
    that captured Shield agent that got brainwashed? It wasn't Bobby, right? It was someone else that disguised herself as May, then got her face burned, and that's the last we saw of her?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    What happened with
    that captured Shield agent that got brainwashed? It wasn't Bobby, right? It was someone else that disguised herself as May, then got her face burned, and that's the last we saw of her?

You didn't see the "2 weeks from now"/next episode preview did you?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    I did not! Gimme! :hydra:

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I kinda want the whole 'Skye's real name' thing to be a resounding anti-climax. Like learning Homer J Simpson's full middle name.
    "Her real name is Sky. Without the silent 'e' on the end. God, it just makes it seem so pretentious."

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    RedBeardJimRedBeardJim Registered User regular
    I did not! Gimme! :hydra:

Here.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    I kinda want the whole 'Skye's real name' thing to be a resounding anti-climax. Like learning Homer J Simpson's full middle name.
    "Her real name is Sky. Without the silent 'e' on the end. God, it just makes it seem so pretentious."

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I'm imagining a dramatic slow 'mo scene where Daddy and Ward abduct Skye while the Ballad of Serenity plays in the background.

"You can't take the sky from me."

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Her real name is Colon Close Bracket.
    : )

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Her real name is Colon Close Bracket.
    : )

: }

?

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod

Big S, little K, big Y, little E. With a star at the end.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    You missed a chance to just yell "THAT'S NOT HER NAME"

• Options
    Well the actual name is replaced with :) on here, so...
    Besides, it's traditional to have a space between your names, isn't it?

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    They call her Skye
    They call her Stacey
    They call her 'her'
    They call her Jane
    That's not her name
    That's not her name
    That's not her name
    That's not her name

• Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Nah. It's Bobby if it's anyone.

And Simmons wasn't exactly stellar undercover, she had some plot armor help there.

She did amazing staying undercover that long in HYDRA.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    No! Bobbi is supposed to leave SHIELD, join the Avengers and marry Hawkeye!

I don't think it'll happen in the MCU.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    jefe414 wrote: »

I'd have to see what kind of chemistry she has with Jeremy Renner.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited November 2014

It can happen. Palicki is a movie actress, of the cast on SHIELD she's the one I can see transitioning to Avengers. She is the Mockingbird.
    skeldare wrote: »

I'd have to see what kind of chemistry she has with Jeremy Renner.

Canon ships from the comics can be altered.

AoU spoiler speculation
    Rumor is Black Widow is in a relationship with Banner.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    She did have that arrow necklace in Winter Soldier tho!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I didn't know who Adrianne Palicki was before this show... Also, I gotta be honest and say that her acting in the show so far hasn't impressed me all that much. It may simply be that she hasn't had the opportunity to show much range, but I feel like you could have found anyone tall and attractive and put them in her place.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    She isn't lighting the screen on fire, but she's charismatic enough and looks plausible doing action. Her back and forth with Blood is pretty solid.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Just watched episode 7.
    I thought the reveal was done remarkably well. Couple shots of this guy making a thing with his son. Coulson's "It's not 2 dimensional." Finally, the pullback shot to reveal the 3-D city structure.

It was actually impressive.

Also liked at end, when he used the Tony Stark 3D laser light modeler. Pushing holograms never gets old.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Oh speaking of a Iron Man tech in the series.

Deleted scene showed that the doctor from Centipede was suppose to die in the pilot. After dropping off Fake Cop at the train station, she calls in to report while driving, but then gets that sonic device thing that paralysis, causing her to crash.

And apparently the Academy was suppose to have a let more history of Fitz and Simmons with Simmons being the pretty popular girl but was smarter than every boy that asked her out and Fitz being the shy intimidated boy whom she kinda noticed but didn't stand out till they teamed up for a lab. Then Fitz tells his side about how he never could approach her because she never noticed him but he wanted to stand out to her by just "wowing" her intellectually.
    (Simmons is talking to Skye and Fitz is talking to the future super villain)

newSig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.