As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Godspeed You! [Chat] Emperor

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    I may be unusual in my distaste for negative ads though. I really cannot stand them and never have been able to. If your ad campaign is based on why you are better than the market leader, or on making fun of the market leader, you turn me off to your product. Even as a child, I was strongly anti-Burger King, Pepsi, and sega for this reason. Buying the playstation one was a much harder decision than it should have been because as much as I wanted to play FF7, I really did not want to support those ads where crash bandicoot made fun of Nintendo.

ahaha omg

as a mascot crash bandicoot doesn't get to make fun of anything

he can maybe sit in silence reading a sonic fan forum and denigrate them under an alias

but open mockery is not a thing crash bandicoot would get to do were he real

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    RONYA STOP TAKING SOMETHING I LOVE AND MAKING IT TERRIFYING

it's cute!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKVn8nr4dwI

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Last whiny post for a while, but I want to say...

I'm tired of being whiny and not liking working. I want to like working, damnit. Why is that so hard? I like the tasks I have to do, I'm no longer anxious at work... so why the fuck can't I enjoy it yet? Why do I keep struggling to find excuses to not like it here? My boss is super nice, my mentor is super understanding and is dealing with my shit way better than expected.

I have 0 reason to be unhappy here beyond the pay thing, and I'm fairly certain they're hiring me as a fully-paid employee in January.

I'm tired and I want to not be so annoying.

Sorry for this, but I needed to vent.

95% of people don't like working. The sane ones just use it as a vector to do stuff they actually like the rest of the time and don't think about it once they leave.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
  • Options
    it is marvellous for an [intensifies] image though

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Fun fact. Not only do I not click videos people post. I don't click videos I post either. I hope that is really what the title suggests. . .

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    it is marvellous for an [intensifies] image though

corbs [intensifies]

DO IT

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Why is Chicago so windy? They should have warnings.

*points to sign that reads "The Windy City"*

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »

The sign already blew away.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

The sign already blew away.

That's an even bigger warning!

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Why is there a melted corgi on this page???
    Alternatively, morning, chatniks

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »

I'm tired of being whiny and not liking working. I want to like working, damnit. Why is that so hard? I like the tasks I have to do, I'm no longer anxious at work... so why the fuck can't I enjoy it yet? Why do I keep struggling to find excuses to not like it here? My boss is super nice, my mentor is super understanding and is dealing with my shit way better than expected.

I have 0 reason to be unhappy here beyond the pay thing, and I'm fairly certain they're hiring me as a fully-paid employee in January.

95% of people don't like working. The sane ones just use it as a vector to do stuff they actually like the rest of the time and don't think about it once they leave.

That's goddamn right.

-Morgan Freeman - Shawshank Redemption

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I am playing Minerva's Den. Also Imma firin mah lazor.

So that's why everyone likes this better than the main game. You get a laser!

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Lasers make everything better

sig.gif
  • Options
    HerrCron wrote: »

It's the reason why hipsters prefer System Shock 2 to Bioshock.

• Options
    Tim Cook has long topped lists as the "most powerful" gay person in the world, and today he's publicly addressed his sexuality for the first time. "Throughout my professional life, I've tried to maintain a basic level of privacy," the Apple CEO says in a letter published by Bloomberg Businessweek. "While I have never denied my sexuality, I haven't publicly acknowledged it either, until now. So let me be clear: I'm proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me."

In the emotional letter, Cook goes on to say that he doesn't consider himself an activist, but "if hearing that the CEO of Apple is gay can help someone struggling to come to terms with who he or she is, or bring comfort to anyone who feels alone, or inspire people to insist on their equality, then it's worth the trade-off with my own privacy."

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/30/tim-cook-is-proud-to-be-gay/?ncid=rss_truncated

Get dunked on, Apple haters.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I feel much better now, actually.

:)

Gonna play video games tonight.

• Options

It's the reason why people of taste, refinement and intelligence prefer System Shock 2 to Bioshock.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Tim Cook has long topped lists as the "most powerful" gay person in the world, and today he's publicly addressed his sexuality for the first time. "Throughout my professional life, I've tried to maintain a basic level of privacy," the Apple CEO says in a letter published by Bloomberg Businessweek. "While I have never denied my sexuality, I haven't publicly acknowledged it either, until now. So let me be clear: I'm proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me."

In the emotional letter, Cook goes on to say that he doesn't consider himself an activist, but "if hearing that the CEO of Apple is gay can help someone struggling to come to terms with who he or she is, or bring comfort to anyone who feels alone, or inspire people to insist on their equality, then it's worth the trade-off with my own privacy."

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/30/tim-cook-is-proud-to-be-gay/?ncid=rss_truncated

Why would his sexual preference affect distaste for most apple products?.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

My job let's me do interesting things, with stuff I couldn't normally afford to play with, around people I like, and generally I get to do different things pretty often. I get paid OK.

getting out of bed in the morning is super hard.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    h03O8v2.jpg?2

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    omg wriggly

he was lying under the dining room table and i called him and he chirped and scrambled to his feet and ran over for pets

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Ugh this cold had better stop being total bullshit before tomorrow night

Loading up on zicam but I don't have the highest of hopes

Grrrr

• Options

my favorite part of this is his casting of it as a gift from god

religious fundies are going to go nuts over that

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Hmmm got into Evolve alpha and the Heroes of the Storm technical alpha yesterday.
    Also.
    New Corgi picture wearing a gift from me!
    k7azq30r9m2r.png

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

It's the reason why people of taste, refinement and intelligence prefer System Shock 2 to Bioshock.

Well, he already said hipster, there was no need to belabour the point.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

my favorite part of this is his casting of it as a gift from god

religious fundies are going to go nuts over that

He was here in Montgomery a few days ago and man...
    People's reactions to his LGBT statements downtown
    Were stereotypical redneck bad.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    redx wrote: »

My job let's me do interesting things, with stuff I couldn't normally afford to play with, around people I like, and generally I get to do different things pretty often. I get paid OK.

This post is basically me as well
    I get to do cool stuff and I make enough money to sustain some semblance of a social life

But it's still work and work can still be kinda lame and that's pretty normal

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
  • Options

I should elaborate that I am such a hipster.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    ugh

I don't think this filling took, might need a root canal

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    redx wrote: »

i like my job and most days I would rather be doing almost anything else.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Considering just baring my teeth and growling every time someone even hesitates near my desk.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    it always bugs me somehow when there is a video of a doggie and the whole thing ends without a single bit of snuggling

the little furball needs to be petted

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    ugh

I don't think this filling took, might need a root canal

might as well go full dentures like Tycho at this point

• Options
    it always bugs me somehow when there is a video of a doggie and the whole thing ends without a single bit of snuggling

the little furball needs to be petted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y4Bdo7Nx-U

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    root canals ain't so bad

mine was less unpleasant than a filling, was very surprised

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I don't understand dentures. I'd go into debt for implants before I got dentures

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »

Why would his sexual preference affect distaste for most apple products?.

Let me answer with a question: do you even know who the 2 most recent CEOs of your phone maker are?

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Considering just baring my teeth and growling every time someone even hesitates near my desk.

wouldnt work. your face is naturally cherubic and friendly.
    Smile dude, it's Thursday!

This discussion has been closed.