As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel MCU] the strange civility of the friendly neighbourhood captain panther

Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast,be kindRegistered User regular
edited February 2015 in Debate and/or Discourse
So we were just watching the Age of Ultron trailer on loop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do

and talkin' about Benadryl Cogglesnatch probably being Doctor Strange, y'know;

B1Dc9xpCQAAfq_a.jpg

That guy!

When all of a sudden Marvel went ahead and dropped the mic so hard that nerds the world over had their glasses blow out. Cause they announced all o' this;

B1Di2SJCEAAM5px.jpg
B1DiSRTCcAEhbmr.jpg
B1De3aHCcAAUfSq.jpg
B1DeEBCCIAAYwON.jpg
B1DkdmKCUAAfAOD.jpg
B1DdgVGCIAAENtS.jpg

I think that's everything OH NO WAIT

B1Dl7wnCUAAZX0T.jpg

Phase 2 is not even done yet, and the hype train has started to roll on 3. Choo choo.

z0txV3M.jpg

Spoiler Policy is same as it ever was, wrap and mark anything related to Guardians, Age of Ultron and the current season of Agents of Shield (and Agent Carter when it airs)

Wrap up leaked stuff, but officially announced stuff is fair game.

So how bout dat phase

Oh brilliant
Dark Raven X on

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Poor, poor DC.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Le sigh, wake me up for Phase 4, Marvel totes sold out.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Speculation begins as to who will play Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Speculation begins as to who will play Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel

Sackhoff or I feed

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    hrrrrrrnnnnnnnnngggggggghhhhhhhhh

It must feel good to be Kevin Feige today.

Probably most days, but especially today.

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    ooh yea!
    4YOpfQR.jpg

• Options
    MuddypawsMuddypaws Lactodorum, UKRegistered User regular
    I love occult shenanigans AND Bandicoot Cummerbund! Perfect casting.

• Options
    Oh shit that's Patton Oswalt's twitter?

God damn Mr. Oswalt.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    That BP costume looks bad

• Options
  • Options
    I really wonder how they're going to do Black Panther. He's definitely on my list with Ant Man for movies I'm not sure how they're going to work in the MCU. The outfit in the poster definitely doesn't help.

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

Kevin Feige just went home to recline in his replica of Odin's throne while lighting his Macanudo with a rolled up copy of Action Comics #1.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Holy shit I'm really excited for Black Panther. He could be a really interesting character to work with, particularly if they do not bother with an origin.

Just straight up have it be like "King! Some asshole is trying to fuck with Wakanda!" followed by him being the coolest.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    That BP costume looks bad

Maybe the helmet is Stark tech, and the suit is pretty much just something like Black Widow wears. I could see that working.

• Options
    EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    Something I hadn't thought of with ant man. Since Disney/Marvel doesn't have the rights to FF, he makes sense as being the super science stuff that Richards was usually responsible for. I mean, they could make it Stark, but he's been pretty firmly entrenched with just being an awesome Tech Genius and not quite the reality warping level of crazy gadgetry that Reed often had around.

• Options
    InkSplat wrote: »
    I really wonder how they're going to do Black Panther. He's definitely on my list with Ant Man for movies I'm not sure how they're going to work in the MCU. The outfit in the poster definitely doesn't help.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Reposting in new thread:

Thor 3 need Surtur as the main villain, then we can hopefully get this scene!
    odin-and-his-sons.jpg

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    So after all the back and forth we had here, Marvel just put Evans and Downey on stage together to announce Civil War, AND split Avengers 3 into 2 parts.

I'm guessing those negotiations have been concluded.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Muddypaws wrote: »
    I love occult shenanigans AND Bandicoot Cummerbund! Perfect casting.

they never actually confirmed this, did they?

it was just a rumor that they were going to confirm it that spread like wildfire, yeah?

like i can't find any actual real sourced info on that

• Options
    edited October 2014

I don't doubt that Marvel's CEO is pretty happy with himself right now too. Given the guy's involvement with the company I'd be surprised if he isn't a major force behind all of this happening.

Quid on
  • Options
    gonna be interesting to see how the avengers 3 split will work regarding the contracts.

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

I don't doubt that Marvel's CEO is pretty happy with himself right now. Given the guy's involvement with the company I'd be surprised if he isn't a major force behind all of this happening.

if I was him I'd be on reddit or here or something right now

just soaking it right into my ego

"Fuck yeah I'm awesome."

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    gonna be interesting to see how the avengers 3 split will work regarding the contracts.

Simple, they just asked Evans and RJD, would you like a money truck the size of $Texas, $Alaska, or $Greenland?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular

You think Disney/Marvel would announce something like that without having things worked out already? Who do you think they are, WB/DC?

• Options

You think Disney/Marvel would announce something like that without having things worked out already? Who do you think they are, WB/DC?

Yeah, according to Feige everything is literally planned out for the next couple decades as far as movies. I'm sure the only stuff still up in the air are actor/director details.

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    And to think, we've still got that new scene from Age of Ultron to look forward to later today.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    So are we going to see a few more franchises run into each other post Avengers 3 and before they mint a new team?

Doesn't Captain Marvel deal with cosmic level stuff, along with Guardians and is that somehow able to sync up?

Or since both Cap's and Thor's third entries may be putting those characters on the shelves for awhile, is the third Avengers gonna be a big enough roster shake up for them to keep that series fresh? (or did they confirm Chris Evans for Avengers 3 as well).

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    so, CIVIL WAR:
    Marvel movie mastermind Kevin Feige reveals: "Events of the whole cinematic universe will make all governments in the world want regulation. Not so much about secret identity, but about who reports to who."

er okay.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    so, CIVIL WAR:
    Marvel movie mastermind Kevin Feige reveals: "Events of the whole cinematic universe will make all governments in the world want regulation. Not so much about secret identity, but about who reports to who."

er okay.

Apparently Civil War was pretty hamfisted the first time, here's hoping that they take the premise and hammer it into something that makes a little more sense.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options

Simple, they just asked Evans and RJD, would you like a money truck the size of $Texas, $Alaska, or $Greenland?

the ceo of marvel wanted to write RJD out of cap 3 when RJD wanted a bigger role in it. they are notoriously stingy on paying out.

im more wondering about the rumours of the new cast of avengers in part 1 and the rest in part 2 or something. there's alot of re-negations they have to go through to have everyone in both parts.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    RedTide wrote: »
    So are we going to see a few more franchises run into each other post Avengers 3 and before they mint a new team?

Doesn't Captain Marvel deal with cosmic level stuff, along with Guardians and is that somehow able to sync up?

Or since both Cap's and Thor's third entries may be putting those characters on the shelves for awhile, is the third Avengers gonna be a big enough roster shake up for them to keep that series fresh? (or did they confirm Chris Evans for Avengers 3 as well).

Feige already confirmed in AOU
    that cap forms a new team, infinity war part 1 will probably be about them and the rest turning up for part 2.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    so, CIVIL WAR:

er okay.

I will bust a gut if the Superhero Registration Act ends up being another Hydra plot. "Goddammit, they tricked us again!"

• Options
    RedTide wrote: »

fiege already confirmed in AOU
    that cap forms a new team, infinity war part 1 will probably be about them and the rest turning up for part 2.

That could actually work really well with Civil War.
    If it's about who answers to who then a conflict between government/SHIELD super heroes and vigilante heroes would make a lot of sense.

• Options
    Falcon for Avengers 3!

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Holy crap that's an implosion of Marvel news. I'm glad RDJ and co. decided to stick around, they'd be fools not to.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    Newsarama updated the full lineup:
    2015:
    May 1: Avengers: Age of Ultron
    July 17: Ant-Man
    August 7: Fantastic Four (Fox)

2016:
    February 12: Deadpool (Fox)
    March 25: Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice
    May 6: Captain America: Civil War (new sub-title)
    May 27: X-Men: Apocalypse (Fox)
    July 8: (originally reserved by Marvel Studios but no mention made during Marvel's 10/28 event)
    August 5: Suicide Squad
    November 4: Doctor Strange (new addition)
    November 11: Sinister Six (Sony)

2017:
    March 3: Untitled Wolverine sequel (Fox)
    May 5: Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (moved up from previously announced July 28 date)
    June 23: Wonder Woman
    July 14: Fantastic Four 2 (Fox)
    July 28: Thor: Ragnarok (new addition)
    November 3: Black Panther (new addition)
    November 17: Justice League, Part 1
    (unspecified date): Untitled Sony female Spider-Man spin-off
    (unspecified tentative date): Sony Venom: Carnage Spider-Man spin-off (rumored to be dead)

2018:
    March 23: The Flash
    May 4: Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1 (new addition)
    July 6: Captain Marvel (new addition)
    July 13: Untitled Fox Mystery Marvel film
    July 27: Aquaman
    November 2: Inhumans (new addition)
    (unspecified date): Amazing Spider-Man 3

2019:
    April 5: Shazam
    May 3: Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2 (new addition)
    June 14: Justice League, Part 2

2020:
    April 3: Cyborg
    June 19: Green Lantern

Some of these years are going to be crazy if all of the announced movies actually get made. (that was more toward DC because I have doubts that every movie they announced will actually make it to theatres.)

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Honestly as much as Civil War was a shitpile, it was a lot worse for being a story told in comics. It was really silly seeing people who'd saved the world 150,000 times with clockwork precision be yelled at for their danged vigilante unpredictable nature.

Also the side-stories where they expressly establish every single person with powers (like, all mutants) are actively drafted by SHIELD to kill people.

It'd probably work better in the MCU where the heroes are a bit less capable and the world has less history with them.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.