As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TERA] Game coming to an End in June

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I'm going to bow out of tonight's Group 1 TTT shenanigans, I'm afraid. Had a long, trying day of travelling and other things and have also had very little sleep the last few days, so really I just want to get a (relatively) early night. Given my already insomniac tendencies, that means pretty much being ready for sleep should it decide to show up, if that makes sense.

Post where you guys end up and I'll do my best to get caught up.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I don't get all the complaints about the side saddle riding. I think it looks decent enough, and I suppose it fits the high fantasy theme.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I don't get all the complaints about the side saddle riding. I think it looks decent enough, and I suppose it fits the high fantasy theme.

It's just sort of silly and impractical. I know we're talking about a game with armor types like Tera, but this is the sort of silly and impractical thing you don't see in ever game, so it stands out more.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Had a weird error when I tried to launch today, but it just worked by pressing play again.

Also, I just realized my character just casually rides around sidesaddle. why

Because Tera ladies are classy and modest.

Wut?

(they do ride normally on some mounts, though, like the sabre cat)

My giant dragon-chick doesn't ride side-saddle, because giant dragon-chick.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Play a Popo, ride as nature intended- bouncing the entire time.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    rwcppbtjskce.png

?

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    ...Crap.
    The TERA Launcher is unable to update game.

ErrorMessage: Source file was corrupted.

If this problem persists please visit support.enmasse.com/tera for additional help.

Knew I should've tried to update earlier. I might be in the same boat as @The Pink Skull at this point...

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    That's not the issue I was having so you might luck out - see a few posts back, a solution to that was posted, I believe.

My issue was the game crashing to desktop within seconds (sometimes up to a minute) after launching it. Consistently. Tried repair tool, etc. Nothing fixed it.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Nope. Did all the steps and it's still coming with the error. And the Repair button is greyed out.

Why would you ever grey out the Repair button!?

...Looks like I'm out for another week.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    I found that I was having the Play button greyed out today until i just closed and reopened the launcher.

• Options
    No dice. Reopening the Launcher does nothing but repeat the process and the Play button remains greyed out.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Boooo.... :(

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Support ticket sent. Honestly, though, I think the game's telling me something.
    "Do your homework."

Why yes, game, I do still have six articles on LexisNexis left to summarize!

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    Group 2 Dance Party (Minus Pixie)
    5CC2BA51C2FAC884682FF7FA97084AEF3D61F322

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    And now, I present Adventures in Horse Physics:
    Are we sure we're not playing Skyrim?
    5C136D00D1776ABC311C773FCD7CED1180BE2A66

I find these Horse Physics suspect.
    2C5CA3D0AEEED9BBFD332754CCBFAFC1BE785A7C

Nope, definitely Skyrim.
    8D2A96A9E1F3F65CA1B11A5A58E429D178A6EB06

And, to end the day, the fabled Horse Cross:
    23D775D2A2F1DBB21A62A43102662DC84AD744FE

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
  • Options
    Good news, everyone! My ticket was responded to like whoa and it's working now!

How'd you guys from Group Three do tonight? Will anyone need to have a make-up session later in the week?

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    yay! Group 4 got to level 20, got the Dungeon quests ready, even fought a few Bams! If you were unable to make it tonight, make sure you catch up to level 20 and get the dungeon unlocked so we can go in next week!

@DoctorArch and @Heenato

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    How far did Group 1 get, Group 1-ers? @Kalnaur @Botznoy @JaysonFour @Polaritie

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Theres an outpost past a graveyard in the area after lumbertown. Level 16. Dont have quest names atm.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    yay! Group 4 got to level 20, got the Dungeon quests ready, even fought a few Bams! If you were unable to make it tonight, make sure you catch up to level 20 and get the dungeon unlocked so we can go in next week!

@CorriganX‌ so sad I missed last night. Sick as a dog.

So be sure to hit lvl 20 and unlock the dungeon. Are we still in the same town we left off in?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    @Jazz, if you need any assistance, let me know and I'll do what I can. Most of the monsters are still soloable up to our current point, but I do have my higher level character that could possibly come help you get to where we are. :wink:

• Options
    Awesome, thanks @Kalnaur , you are a scholar and a gentleman. :)

• Options

It's just sort of silly and impractical. I know we're talking about a game with armor types like Tera, but this is the sort of silly and impractical thing you don't see in ever game, so it stands out more.

It's incredibly unpractical, particularly on a pegasus (uh, safety issue here anyone? anyone?).

I think it does rather fit the aesthetic of the game, what with human and elven women being sort of impossibly, ridiculously ultra-feminine and elegant (in spite of being battle hardened adventurers). And that's not even touching the fashion issue, which is along the same lines of being a veritable black hole of improbableness.

• Options

It's incredibly unpractical, particularly on a pegasus (uh, safety issue here anyone? anyone?).

I think it does rather fit the aesthetic of the game, what with human and elven women being sort of impossibly, ridiculously ultra-feminine and elegant (in spite of being battle hardened adventurers). And that's not even touching the fashion issue, which is along the same lines of being a veritable black hole of improbableness.

What I love is that no matter how much mining, collecting, harvesting or fighting you do, your flimsy clothing never gets a scratch.

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

What I love is that no matter how much mining, collecting, harvesting or fighting you do, your flimsy clothing never gets a scratch.

Hair and makeup always perfect.

Backflips in stiletto heels.

It's a silly game in a lot of ways, and I don't and have never blamed anyone for disliking Tera for aesthetic reasons.

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Hair and makeup always perfect.

Backflips in stiletto heels.

It's a silly game in a lot of ways, and I don't and have never blamed anyone for disliking Tera for aesthetic reasons.

See, I love it for that pure silliness paired with such a beautiful graphic aesthetic and serious story. It's like the cheesiest of cheese with a really nice budget. :biggrin:

• Options
  • Options
    I love it in all its silly, impractical, ridiculous, skimpy, gravity-defying, extra-jiggling, ultra-clean, pretty pink, anachronistic-styling glory. <3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    @corriganX so, I got to level 20, but I don't think I have the dungeon quests yet. which quests do I need?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I made one of those fancypants sorcerers. I stared with an archer on another server before I thought to see if there was a PA guild. :rotate:

MKR on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    @corriganX so, I got to level 20, but I don't think I have the dungeon quests yet. which quests do I need?

its the story chain. Get to the level 20 story (Might want to just blitz straight through them to get there) and they'll unlock.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    You cannot enter the first dungeon until you are level 20, regardless of quest progress.

This has been the case since forever, but somehow there's always a level 19 person who thinks the level minimum is a suggestion. It isn't.

• Options
    Well, I finished some give all. Don't know if that's the right one, or if I passed it without realizing or whatever. Tell me if I'm wrong. Knowing me, I completely missed a quest fucking two hours back.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    if you are in lumbertown or the other one with a C and you hit your L button for the quest log, under the story tab should have the main quest chain. the quest before the dungeon is to talk to the guys in the forest about the dungeon (something about finding another entrance).

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Ah. Okay. I got confused since it's not a level 20 quest.

Edit: Okay. I got it. The actual quest to unlock the dungeon is NOT a story quest, so that's where the confusion came from. It's unlocked now...however, I did end up doing a couple story quests ahead because of this, so I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Also, goddamnit, auction house fees are upfront, and not taken out of the price after transaction. I spent some money to get an item in the cash shop to sell to get something not in the cash shop, but welp. That's not happening now.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Ah. Okay. I got confused since it's not a level 20 quest.

Edit: Okay. I got it. The actual quest to unlock the dungeon is NOT a story quest, so that's where the confusion came from. It's unlocked now...however, I did end up doing a couple story quests ahead because of this, so I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Also, goddamnit, auction house fees are upfront, and not taken out of the price after transaction. I spent some money to get an item in the cash shop to sell to get something not in the cash shop, but welp. That's not happening now.

The rest of the leveling dungeons main quests are more explicit, but yeah, the main quest only leads you to the first dungeon, it doesn't send you into it. The main quest will send you into Sinestral Manor, Cultist's Refuge, Saleron's Sky Garden etc.

• Options

@heenato‌ - whatever you wanted to sell, hook up with me in game, give it to me and I'll sell it for you. I'm subbed so I don't have to pay broker fees.

That goes for anyone else who wants to sell stuff. But for the sake of my sanity, please limit to substantial items. I don't want to keep track of "person X has 3 masterwork alkahests and person Z has <crystal>" and so on.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I had to grab one of those Velkia scrolls from the guild bank since apparently there's no way out of Fort Elena without dodging level 60 monsters all the way back. I also grabbed one more because why not. I'll replace them when I'm no longer a poor noob.

MKR on
  • Options

- whatever you wanted to sell, hook up with me in game, give it to me and I'll sell it for you. I'm subbed so I don't have to pay broker fees.

That goes for anyone else who wants to sell stuff. But for the sake of my sanity, please limit to substantial items. I don't want to keep track of "person X has 3 masterwork alkahests and person Z has <crystal>" and so on.
    Sure. I'll get on when I get home. Well, I'll wait until you're on.

M A G I K A Z A M